Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2274

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin Advanced Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Zumo 660 - Widescreen Biker GPS - v4.30
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  13:37:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
NEWS - ZUMO 660
Widescreen motorcycle navigator with 3-D buildings, lane assist with junction view

Updated 20090429 : Full manual now available, see below

Posted 20090108 : Originally posted by ZX14NINJA in another topic.
quote:
Garmin International is pleased to announce a new addition to the zumo family, the zumo 660 GPS motorcycle navigator. It features 3-D buildings, lane assist with junction view and a 4.3” sunlight-readable, glove-friendly touchscreen display. Both a motorcycle mount with hardware and an automotive mount are included, so your zumo is ready to navigate right out of the box…no matter how many wheels it has under it.

The eumo 660 offers full coverage mapping for the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The preloaded map data features nearly six million points of interest, including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, ATMs and attractions. The map data is provided by NAVTEQ, a world leader in premium-quality mapping.

Product Features and Specifications

• Advanced 3-D navigation – see 3-D buildings on the map as you drive for enhanced situational awareness
• Lane assist with junction view – z#363;mo directs you to the preferred lane while driving. Also, see realistic images of upcoming junctions.
• Bluetooth wireless technology– enables hands-free connectivity for use with a cell phones and stereo audio (A2DP) with compatible headset, see www.garmin.com/bluetooth for compatible phones
• High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix™ – z#363;mo has faster satellite acquisition times
• High-resolution, glove-friendly 4.3” touchscreen display – 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT display with white backlight
• Rugged, waterproof design (IPX7) – resistant to fuel spills and UV rays
• Turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names – “Turn right on Main Street”
• Motorcycle console for trip information, including fuel gauge to warn you when it's time to fill up
• Advanced route preview and trip logs with up to 10 saved routes – can automatically arrange via points to minimize trip distance
• Preloaded street maps – includes detailed maps for the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico
• "Where Am I?" feature – find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address and intersection. Also see your exact latitude and longitude coordinates.
• Speed limit indicator – unit displays speed limits for highways and interstates
• Auto time zone – z#363;mo will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
• Garmin Connect™ Photos – associate your favorite images with saved locations and visit Garmin Connect at http://connect.garmin.com to download new images with included coordinates
• DEM maps – show you shaded terrain contours at various zoom levels
• Removable lithium-ion battery – up to 5 hours depending on usage
• Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
• Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
• Includes Garmin Lock™ anti-theft feature
• Simplified PC connectivity using USB mass storage
• With the POI loader program, users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, create custom POI’s and more
• Configurable vehicle icons –select fun, customized icons from www.garmingarage.com
• Search, Plan and share your rides with others at http://connect.garmin.com/zumo/
• Standard headphone and microphone jacks
• microSD™ card slot for optional mapping and data storage
• Unit dimensions – ”5.3W x 3.3”H x 0.9”D
• Weight – 9.5 oz (270g)

z#363;mo 660, NA

Package includes: z#363;mo 660, preloaded City Navigator® North America NT1, motorcycle mount with mounting hardware, automotive suction cup mount, automotive power cable, carrying case, lithium-ion battery, USB cable, dashboard disc, quick start manual, Installation instructions

Note: Packaging and quick start manual are in English and French
Availability: 2nd Quarter, 2009
P/N: 010-00727-00
UPC: 753759085087
MRP: $799.99

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?

Ads

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2009 :  14:10:26  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My motorcycle/scooter friends are wondering about the "10 saved routes." The zumo 550 allows 50 routes.

I'm wondering if it's like my nuvi 760 - 10 routes "live" at any one time, with 50 stored in memory which can be rotated into those 10 slots?

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA
Go to Top of Page

rcdd

3 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2009 :  01:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
XM missing as well?
Go to Top of Page

Blue-J

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2009 :  22:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Route function updated to 20, and as far as no XM, the 660 can handle an 8 GB micro SD card seemlessly, so just copy 6-7 GB of music over and play random. Keep another 1 or two micro SD card for variety.

Much cheaper upkeep and a whole slew of new GPS features.

Nuvi 2460 LMT in car, and Zumo 660 with GTM 12 traffic on this http://tiny.cc/MyBike

Edited by - Blue-J on 11 avr. 2009 22:37:52
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2009 :  22:15:19  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Route function update to 20" - sorry, what do you mean ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Blue-J

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2009 :  22:21:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its not 10 anymore, it is 20 routes and more on card.

Nuvi 2460 LMT in car, and Zumo 660 with GTM 12 traffic on this http://tiny.cc/MyBike
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 29 avr. 2009 :  19:40:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the zumo 660 owners manual (linked from the FCC website):

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=1095536&native_or_pdf=pdf

EDIT:

Going by what the manual states, new to the unit (at least different from the nuvi line) is:

1. Routes page (page 18 ) that let's you preview the three generated routes (faster time, shorter distance, off road) and select the one you wish to use.

2. Trip log archiving (page 29) with an elevation chart for the log.

3. For FM traffic, you can now select which traffic subscription to use (if you have multiple subscriptions) or just set it to automatic which is what the current nuvis use (page 34).

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 29 avr. 2009 19:53:06
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2009 :  01:05:30  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, that sounds good, they just can't help themselves with the "feature peppering" can they, guess it keeps it interesting ;-)

I'll check but I think that TMC provider selection is already possible on the nuvis, not something I've experienced myself, but some users in Europe have subscribed to several services.

Go to Top of Page

Blue-J

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2009 :  03:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SergZak
1. Routes page (page 18 ) that let's you preview the three generated routes (faster time, shorter distance, off road) and select the one you wish to use.

What the manual really says is:

The Route page displays three different types of routes to your destination: fastest time, shortest distance, and off road.

That means you can set route type for each of the 20 stored routes and for all or any you have on a micro SD flash card. I have an 8-Gb one ready and waiting, and reports on the zumo forum says no slow down with large cards like the 550.

Go to Top of Page

Billythekidd

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2009 :  04:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Billythekidd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, can you tell me where you got the information about the 8gb card. I just received a response from
Garmin that with the latest software I could use a 4gb card... I would like to use a larger card, but according to them it is not supported.

Willy
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2009 :  11:01:48  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Until the 660 is available that answer will have to do, chances are that if it works with 4Gb cards, it is SDHC compatible, so will take 8Gb cards too.

Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 11 mai 2009 :  18:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The full manual (release), along with the Quick Start & Installation manuals have now been officially posted at the Garmin site:

http://tinyurl.com/c7zyf2

EDIT:

Looks like it's indeed shipping. Reading the couple of user hands-on reviews at Amazon, looks like it's off to a bit of a shaky start.

A firmware update has already been released to correct a couple of the issues mentioned in the reviews:

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=4467

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 11 mai 2009 18:36:08
Go to Top of Page

Blue-J

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2009 :  07:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have installed and running already.

It is great and so much faster and better than the 550. And, yes it runs an 8 GB micro SDHC card with no delay. I have not tried a 16 GB one, yet.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3593/3517064640_666edff53c_b.jpg

Edited by - Blue-J on 12 mai 2009 07:34:44
Go to Top of Page

tugidong

5 Posts

Posted - 25 juin 2009 :  20:33:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi SergZak,

Could you please tell me the picture you posted was the from the Zumo 660 ?
Go to Top of Page

Blue-J

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 26 juin 2009 :  05:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Near as I can tell, owning one now for several weeks, it's not.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 04 sept. 2009 :  17:38:38  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That "route preview" mode is interesting, how well is it working ?

For those who missed it, Sergzak posted information on the v3.30 update here : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=129349

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05