Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2297

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 GPS Dataloggers and Geocoding
 [TOPIC] Qstarz BT-Q1000X with MTK v2 and AGPS
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 11 déc. 2008 :  03:32:50  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Qstarz have just launched the Q1000X Bluetooth GPS datalogger based on the new MTK v2 (MTK 3329) GPS chipset rated at -165dBm and previously used on the Qstarz Nano BT-Q1300 Bluetooth datalogger.

While the Q1000X uses the solid design that we discovered in 2006 on the iBlue 737 it is the first GPS datalogger, with its cousin the iBlue 747A+, to offer AGPS assistance for faster GPS acquisition. It is of the Internet AGPS variety with a file good for seven days being downloaded over the internet and then uploaded to the device. This should be especially useful for a datalogger that tends to get placed in difficult areas like backpack pockets.

A test unit of the Qstarz Q1000X has already made it to the "GpsPasSion Labs" and been subjected to some first test runs, so stay tuned for some comments.

Questions, comments ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?

Ads

stormin

1 Posts

Posted - 12 déc. 2008 :  01:41:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This looks like a solid device, thought about the 1300, but seems it's struggling some with reception. If this performs, it'll be on the top of my list. Waiting for more details.
Go to Top of Page

unyaten

1 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2008 :  08:01:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the following behavior the same as Q1000?

NAV : BT-Q1000P can be used to navigate with handheld devices (PDA / Smartphone / Laptop.), but the data log function is disabled.

LOG : BT-Q1000P only can be used to record your travel path, and navigation function is enabled.

http://www.qstarz.com/FAQ_BT-Q1000P.htm

Moreover, can ephemeris data be dropped from SmartPhone by using this?
http://www.skytraq.com.tw/downloads.htm

Edited by - unyaten on 19 déc. 2008 18:32:30
Go to Top of Page

wco81

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2008 :  19:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to the review, especially any info. on Mac support.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2008 :  10:58:57  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No MAC here so can't help with that part sorry.

Have completed some preliminary Globalsat BT335/Q1000P/Q1000X testing and can't say I really see any big difference between the Q1000P and the Q1000X, in fact the Q1000X struggled to reacquire the fix after getting out of a tunnel in the train the other day, as seen below :

I have some pedestrian testing in town I need to analyze.

@unyaten - that FAQ on the Qstarz site is wrong at least as far as my Q1000P is concerned, NAV=BT/USB Nav and LOG=LOG+NAV USB/BT. I verified that the Q1000X behaves similarly. The behavior they describe was for the old Q1000 (non P). The only constraint is that you'll have to be in NAV mode to do the initial pairing.

Problem updating AGPS data : Others have reported this problem with the 747A+, I'm also not able to use the AGPS utility with the Qstarz Q1000X, all I get is this screen below. I'll ask for a new version.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2008 :  13:08:34  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Qstarz have added the AGPS feature to the V4.3 of their software available on their site for download. I was able to verify that it works fine, need to test its efficiency now.

Did a comparison in town on foot the other day between the Qstarz Q1000x/MTKII and Globalsat GH-615Watch/SiRFstarIII and it didn't do very well, more "noise" in the track and also some significant multipath problem at some times, Q1000x in blue, GH615 in red :

Go to Top of Page

PatrickL

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  00:48:50  Show Profile  Visit PatrickL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion
Problem updating AGPS data : Others have reported this problem with the 747A+, I'm also not able to use the AGPS utility with the Qstarz Q1000X, all I get is this screen below. I'll ask for a new version.

I don't have a problem updating A-GPS, but I don't get streaming GPS messages either. Same problem in QstarzGpsView v1.2.215.

Sometimes it does "something" when you switch the connection off and on a few times.

I do have a problem with logging at a frequency that I desire. For some reason it always defaults back to 5 second intervals when I switch the slider to "Log". Even if I set it before to 5hz. If I set it on 5Hz AFTER I started the logging it works fine from then on. When I switch the slider back and forth, it's back to 5 secs again.

Is there some way to make this setting more permanent?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  00:54:07  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, use BT747 http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85368 ;-)

Like I said, AGPS works fine with v4.3 of the Travel Recorder available on their site.

Go to Top of Page

PatrickL

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  18:23:42  Show Profile  Visit PatrickL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I guess i should try to be more clear when I post something

quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

Yes, use BT747 http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=85368 ;-)

That's what I used. I tried the "5Hz easy setting", doing it myself manually on the ctrl tab and I tried the same using the QstarzGpsView software that Qstarz gave with the GPS. Whatever I do, it logs fine at 5Hz just after I set the frequency, but when I switch away from LOG and then back again, it resets to 5 sec logging.

I want to use this device on a ski trip so I want it on 5Hz automatically every time I switch it on.

quote:
Like I said, AGPS works fine with v4.3 of the Travel Recorder available on their site.
Indeed, but it also works fine for me from QstarzGpsView v1.2.14 and QstarzGpsView v1.2.15 where you stated that it didn't work for you. I click on to start the connection, then Update on the AGPS button and it runs for a while until it's done.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2009 :  22:38:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good for you it seems (Qstarz)GpsView has an issue with most computers our there, XP only maybe. Anyway no longer a problem since Qstarz have AGPS taken care of in.

If you have questions on BT747 use its topic, the author monitors it closely. Maybe the log button makes the old trick unworkable though.

Go to Top of Page

PatrickL

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  13:18:14  Show Profile  Visit PatrickL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
It's a characteristic of the device itself. It doesn't work with any software (Travel Recorder utility 4.3, BT747, MtkDLut109, QstarzGpsView v1.2.15)

I did some more checking and found that when I set the log settings too low, it defaults back to some default setting.

The minimum settings are:
Time 1.0s
Speed 10.0km/h
Distance 10.0m

If I set the Speed or Distance lower than 10 it defaults to "no logging". If I set the Time to less than a second it defaults to 5 seconds.

The fix speed itself remains at 200ms though, so maybe it would work since if I move less than 10 meter I don't need a log record either.

This is with all software including the log reader/mapping utility that comes with the unit.

For instance from MtkDLut109.

This is what I set (log per 0.2s or per 9 meters or when above 9 km/h)

When I switch off the device, switch it back to LOG and restart MtkDLut I get:

Is this normal behavior?

My firmware version is (from $PMTK705,) AXN_1.0-B_1.3_C01,0001,QST1000,1.0*6F
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  13:24:07  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's not the way you would set it to log at >1Hz, we have a speficic topic about that, you'll find it with a quick search and if memory serves it is linked from the first message of the BT747 topic.

Go to Top of Page

PatrickL

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  19:58:12  Show Profile  Visit PatrickL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually in that thread (and in the manual) it exactly says to set it like I did:

quote:
5Hz logging.
Set the following to enable this:
Time=0.2 s
Fix= 200 ms

quote:
“Time”
The time period at which GPS data will be logged (if active). For example, a value of 8 will log GPS data every
8 seconds.
The time period can be fractional. A value of ‘0.2’ will log the data every 200 ms. That would correspond to a
frequency of 5Hz. If the fix frequency is also 5Hz, then you have 5Hz logging

quote:
“5Hz fix + log”
Sets 5Hz fixing and logging by the click of one button. You can observe the changes in the ‘control’ tab.

I just think MtkDLut works better since BT747 is displaying a lot of settings wrong. For instance what to do when memory is full and SBAS usage do not match with what the Qstarz utility shows and MtkDLut does match.

Anyway, I'm not simply talking about 5Hz logging. The problem is that it defaults the settings if the logging is set on intervals less than 1sec, 10 meters or 10km/h. Every parameter seems to have a minimum setting.

Just try it yourself in the standard Qstarz program (or whatever since it all gives the same results). Set logging to 5 meter. Switch off the GPS, switch it back on to LOG and see what the settings are from the software again.

The question is if that is normal behavior? I mean, it might be that these are simply the lowest settings since setting them lower makes no sense, but I would say it's more like a bug in the firmware.

Besides, I did get it to log at 5Hz, but only if I move more than 10 meters or faster than 10km/h. (fix time is 200ms, time=1, speed=10 and distance=10)

Anyone else with this type of GPS already who can try this and check their firmware version?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  20:00:38  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PatrickL
Besides, I did get it to log at 5Hz, but only if I move more than 10 meters or faster than 10km/h. (fix time is 200ms, time=1, speed=10 and distance=10)
Yes that's what's explained in the thread I referred you to, you need a trigger, we'd been using speed. You should read it more closely.

Go to Top of Page

PatrickL

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2009 :  22:23:48  Show Profile  Visit PatrickL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So it's normal that you cannot set autologging for speeds under 10km/h? If so then why doesn't the Qstarz software limit this input?

BTW I went through the whole 32 page thread about the BT747 and it doesn't say anywhere that only a speed or distance trigger will work to get 5Hz. Only a question from you how to set a speed trigger. In fact it literally says that the Easy 5Hz+log button sets the log time to 0.2 seconds and the fix to 200ms. Which indeed it does.

Edited by - PatrickL on 03 janv. 2009 22:53:06
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 04 janv. 2009 :  00:25:24  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's not the topic you want, the topic you want is the one linked from the first message BT747 topic in the "To log data to the internal memory at >1Hz" paragraph and called "[GUIDE] Logging GPS at > 1Hz with a datalogger".

As for the Q1000X not working as per the manual, take up that issue with Qstarz, nothing we can do about that here. As you can see above with the unyaten's question about NAV/LOG selection, Qstarz don't always know in detail how their products work, or maybe the features were changed since the site/manual was written, hence the whole point of forums like these where we leave no stone unturned.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05