Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2172

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Lane Assist, Roadsigns, Junction View
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

kenta2

Sweden
10 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2009 :  12:16:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks BAVC10 for the answer I should try what you say about route

Is there any place on internet there I can read wish countrys this Lane Assist works or not

kenta
Go to Top of Page

BAVC10

United Kingdom
214 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2009 :  19:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not that I know of.

I believe Lane assist and junction view works fine, it just depends on the Navteq mapping data containing the info - the next map update should be much more detailed than the current one.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93890 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2009 :  17:47:12  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thread upgraded to a [TOPIC] status with the list of enabled devices as of today, nuvi 7x5, nuvi 8x5, zumo 660.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2009 :  13:57:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you see Junction View in the route below but not where you may be expecting it to be in your area, chances are very good that it's simply NOT (currently) available at the particular junction where you may be expecting to see it.

Start point: N34 04.052 W117 58.954
End point: N34 03.606 W118 00.085

There should be two different Junction Views in this route.

You can create two favorites with the start point being 1/2 mile from the known junction *on the roadway* and the end point being 1/2 mile after the junction *on the roadway*. Then simulate the route.

1.Turn GPS simulation on (Tools>Settings>System>)
2.Find the start point favorite, select it.
3.Hit the Map button, hit Set Loc. button
4.Hit the Back button twice
5.Select the end point favorite, hit Go and simulate driving the route.
--

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 08 mai 2009 13:58:29
Go to Top of Page

beckp

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2009 :  15:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't the Junction view map dependent? This is a new feature that has to be built into the map updates, I would think that with each release we will see more and more junction views show up.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

ELEGEND_YVR

Canada
490 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2010 :  06:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you update your maps, does JV automatically get updated or do u have to manually copy the file over to your Nuvi?
Go to Top of Page

alandb

442 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2010 :  16:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Automatic, included with map update on models that support the feature.

Alan - nuvi's - 3597LMTHD 855 755T, Oregon 550, Lowrance Endura Sierra
Go to Top of Page

ELEGEND_YVR

Canada
490 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2010 :  22:26:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I read somewhere that it's not automatic when you're transferring maps from mapsource to the nuvi.
Go to Top of Page

NanaimoRick

Canada
7698 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2010 :  00:37:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Nuvi map updates will come from the Garmin website or DVD, you'll never need to use Mapsource to get them on the Nuvi anyway. The installation or updating of Mapsource is part of the map update process however. So JV update may not be automatic from Mapsource but it is when you update the Nuvi's built in maps the way they are intended to be updated.

Rick James - Nuvi Forum Moderator
Nuvi 350 - Nuvi 760 - Nuvi 1695LM - Nuvi 3790LMT (with ecoRoutes HD) - Nuvi 2460LMT - Nuvi 3597LMTHD (with ecoRoutes HD) also TomTom 540S for side by side comparison >> Here <<
2014 Chevrolet Equinox 2LT AWD

Go to Top of Page

webrown53

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 27 janv. 2010 :  14:47:55  Show Profile  Visit webrown53's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We recently acquired a 765T and have had the Junction View appear on a number of occasions. We are traveling in Florida and I noticed it a lot around the Orlando area. Now we are south of Miami and it comes up in that area too. However, I have to agree with several other posters who said it is not of much use. In my opinion it is a "cute" feature and not a truly useful one. In fact, I may use the instructions provided here to disable it since it overlays important map/street information at a critical juncture (seconds before you make the lane change). However, the Lane Assist feature is a great aid. We drive a motorhome and tow a car. The Lane Assist feature helps us get into the right lane long before we arrive at the lane change. In heavy traffic that is a big help. We had a StreetPilot 2730 prior to the 765T and for us Lane Assist is worth the cost of the change.

Bill

Go to Top of Page

GlennW

83 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2010 :  00:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get quite a few JV popups on my Nuvi 765T in the Los Angeles metro area. In the 33 miles from my office in Orange to my home in San Pedro, there are six JV popups. Note that I am using the latest (2010.40) citynav maps.
Go to Top of Page

tampa8

USA
271 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2010 :  20:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The frequency of Junction Views have greatly increased. I encountered several from Tampa to Miami Beach last week, and several from Ct to Fl. I would agree the Lane Assist is the best feature, but do not agree Junction Views are just a cute feature. More than once it provided just the visual needed before seeing an intersection of highways for the first time.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93890 Posts

Posted - 24 févr. 2010 :  22:08:04  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good to hear, I must say I'm finding "Lane Assist" very useful on the 1690, for some reason I didn't notice it as much on the 765 and 1490 units I had in the past. As for "Junction View" it's the "icing on the cake" ;-)

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

BabyDoc

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 26 févr. 2010 :  15:37:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would bet that the diffence in 1690T junction view and lane assist that you are now seeing is probably related to the upgrade in the map versions, rather than to a difference in the Garmin models. I am seeing a difference, too, with my 1490T and the newer 2010.40 maps. There are more junction views and lane assists. Still, I think Garmin has a long way to go to improve lane assist and junction view, compared to TomTom and Magellan's much better implementation of this feature.

Using Garmin Nuvi 1490T - Firmware 3.90
Go to Top of Page

navxguy

133 Posts

Posted - 27 févr. 2010 :  20:56:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm amazed of the "lane assist" coverage especially on surface roads. I can't believe "they" have lanes mapped out for most intersections ... now, I am using both 1690 and Navigon's iPhone app (in a second car). Sometimes I confuse my two experiences, and honestly, Navigon has more coverage, but in general, I'm amazed w/ the 'lane assist' coverage.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05