Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2244

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 GPS Dataloggers and Geocoding
 [TOPIC] Visiontac VGPS-900 - Logger with voice
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

iks

Belarus
80 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2008 :  22:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've sent you gpsRawDebug via email.
I also tried 1.60.16 (still in dev version, there's no .zip yet on the web!)
It converts my logs to gpx. I woult ask you to make some difference to points saved as waypoints and as voicetags - now they are the same. And I didn't found any links to sound (.wav) files in the resulting gpx...
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2008 :  22:34:52  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
About the .wavs, how do they get transferred by the standard software, do they have a label with timestamp/geotag somehow ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

mdeweerd

798 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2008 :  23:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi iks

There was indeed a problem with 1.60.16 - my request to make it public was obviously not taken into account, but now it is on the web.
The GPX format was not up-to-date regarding the use of a centralised function - I fixed that (1.60.18).

The difference between the waypoint is in the description of the waypoint - there are not many other methods.

Once you are happy, I can rebuild the Mobile Phone version and the PDA version. My mobile phone accepts mini-SD and my PDA classic SD (I have an adapter for that) and conversion of the CSV files would be possible on these platforms too.

Edited by - mdeweerd on 04 nov. 2008 23:09:57
Go to Top of Page

iks

Belarus
80 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2008 :  10:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

About the .wavs, how do they get transferred by the standard software, do they have a label with timestamp/geotag somehow ?

neither.
standard sowtware does not transfer any data!
Everything that I have - is a set of files on my mircoSD, like that:
08103000.csv
08103003.csv
08103100.csv
08103101.csv
08110100.csv
08110101.csv
08110200.csv
08110201.csv
08103003.kml
CONFIG.txt
vox00001.wav
vox00002.wav
vox00003.wav
vox00004.wav
vox00005.wav
vox00006.wav

How will I guess that there's voice tag and where is it kept: if both TAG field in CSV file is equal to 'V' and VOX field is non-zero (looks like vox00001 or vox00006 etc = voice file name without extension). So, the other data (coordinates, hdop etc) is stored in that line in CSV.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2008 :  13:24:40  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So you have to go back into the .csv file manually and see where and when the voicetag was recorded ? That's pretty awkward, I'm surprised their software doesn't handle that.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

mdeweerd

798 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2008 :  13:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I noticed in the documentation that the software can generate a Google Earth file from the CSV file. When shown in GE, one can click on the way point (a position marker with a 'V') which opens the information related to the way point. That information has a link and clicking it will have the user hear the audio.

In BT747, I've implemented something similar - I am waiting for the feedback whether this works or not. If the audio files are in the same directory as the tracklog, then clicking the link should open the audio too. There was a quirck in GPX which is now solved, and I implemented it for HTML (google maps) and KML too.

There are not many other methods to show when and where the audio was recorded, except for renaming the audio file and/or transforming it to another format.

Their software is written in Java and runs on several platforms. As they do not need to communicate with the device, there is not a lot of hassle setting up the serial link. The interface has big buttons and limited functionality.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 05 nov. 2008 :  13:51:29  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That makes sense, that sounds like a good idea to add pictures in the GMap output of BT747 (option to look for geotagged picture in the directory of the .nmea/.bin and add links on the map), but OT here, I'll post in the BT747 topic ;-)

Go to Top of Page

iks

Belarus
80 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2008 :  14:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Couple of significant problems:

1. When I press and hold voice tag button, my voice is being recorded until I release that button.
But! Voice tag's coordinates are stored not where I press but where I release a button.
That's very inconvenient when I drive a car.

2. And the second trouble is: when I press and hold voice tag button and my voice is being recorded, no trackpoints are recorded! :-(
So, if I record 10-15 sec voice tag driving at 50km/h, 140-200 meters of my track are missed. It's a pity...

I hope, VGPS-900 developers read this forum and will change the firmware to fix those two problems soon :)
Go to Top of Page

mdeweerd

798 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2008 :  14:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is better to contact them through their web site.

A work around for 1 is to do a manual edit of the CSV file and put the tag and the reference one record earlier.
Go to Top of Page

iks

Belarus
80 Posts

Posted - 06 nov. 2008 :  15:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some good news: Visiontac added VGPS-900 to their website.
Here is the link: http://www.visiontac.com/v900_specs.htm
Go to Top of Page

iks

Belarus
80 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2008 :  22:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iks

Couple of significant problems:

1. When I press and hold voice tag button, my voice is being recorded until I release that button.
But! Voice tag's coordinates are stored not where I press but where I release a button.
That's very inconvenient when I drive a car.

2. And the second trouble is: when I press and hold voice tag button and my voice is being recorded, no trackpoints are recorded! :-(
So, if I record 10-15 sec voice tag driving at 50km/h, 140-200 meters of my track are missed. It's a pity...

I hope, VGPS-900 developers read this forum and will change the firmware to fix those two problems soon :)

wrote them email last week, described a problem

today got an answer started with "that's not a issue, that's a feature!"
Go to Top of Page

mdeweerd

798 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2008 :  22:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as it is followed like your post with a ;-) , it is not an issue ;-).

Is BT747 ok for you regarding the CSV hanlding now?
Go to Top of Page

mdeweerd

798 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2008 :  00:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To put the post of '4river' into perspective, I highlight that the Visiontac VPGS-9000 seems to be the same as the Columbus V-900 (that has more references on the web!).
Go to Top of Page

iks

Belarus
80 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2008 :  22:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, it is the same! Thanks for the note.

Well, BT747 now does it's work excellent: allows me to convert V900's tracks to GPX
And I'm happy to use it since 1-0-25-2...
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 24 nov. 2008 :  22:49:29  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
today got an answer started with "that's not a issue, that's a feature!"
Ouch, so they didn't show any interest in fixing them? #2 may make sense if the device is maxed out while recording, but #1 is really a no brainer.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05