Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2246

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin "nüMaps Lifetime" Subscription
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

smiley1081

Italy
1269 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  09:19:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SergZak
Now who the heck keeps their GPS longer than about a year to make this "lifetime maps" baloney worthwhile anyways...

I do.
Go to Top of Page

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1010 Posts

Posted - 10 oct. 2008 :  00:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SergZak

quote:
Originally posted by gpspassion

...Anyway back to the "Lifetime Maps" topic, only 7 days to go now before the first maps should become available for download ;-)

Agreed...way off topic.
Now who the heck keeps their GPS longer than about a year to make this "lifetime maps" baloney worthwhile anyways...

Most consumers who aren't posting on this site -- :)
Go to Top of Page

Rellik

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2008 :  02:00:19  Show Profile  Visit Rellik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With the new world economy there may be a lot of users who won't be able to afford buying a new GPS every year or so. This update might come in very handy to a lot of users.

I seems to me that a real "revolutionary" model would be for GPS manufactures to move to a service model. Get users to subscribe to a yearly fee for map updates and basically give the hardware away for free (or basically free). The real competitive advantage for these companies is the software (maps and user interface).

The road to innovation isn't paved at all.
Go to Top of Page

chelspeed

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  13:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry off topic still.... Way back on page 1 GatorGuy said:

> Garmin has addressed many of the issues that owners have
> complained about.....ability to customize the data to display on
> the map screen

Just noticed this comment. Which of the new line up allows this? I've got a nuvi 660, which must be coming up to 3 years old now, and this is my biggest disappointment with it. Each time a new model comes out I download the manual and see if it mentions customising the limited display on the front page but haven't seen a mention of it yet.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  14:31:30  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 7x5 series and yes, definitely OT, here are the topics where you want to discuss that -> Will the 7x5 / 2x5 features ever trickle down ? or [TOPIC] Garmin Nuvi 7x5 - 3D, Signs - User Reviews

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

moosc

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2008 :  00:59:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow im mad i just paid for my new maps on the 780 can i get a discount price?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2008 :  01:03:04  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doubt it, but we can't help with that, it's a question for Garmin, keep us posted!

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Frank B

Canada
71 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  19:12:08  Show Profile  Visit Frank B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone know how to sign up for Lifetime Maps? Can't find it anywhere on the Garmin site

Kind regards
Frank B. (Nuvi 1490LMT)
Ontario CANADA
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  19:41:03  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually you're going to have to wait a bit, spoke to Garmin France yesterday and it turns out it has been delayed until early 2009 for some reason. Remember you read it here first like the original news about nüvi Lifetime ;-)

Go to Top of Page

GadgetGuy2008

170 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  20:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gpspassion - what about lifetime traffic for older Nuvis (7x0, etc.)?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  22:37:38  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually it should be available for all Garmin systems starting with SP C500, I think they need to be compatible with the NT format, isn't that in the first message ? I'll check...Nope it wasn't must have been dicsussed later on, added as Q5!

Go to Top of Page

reddogg634

USA
230 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2008 :  02:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GemRo311.
I have to tell you: After using the new 765 with the new and improved interface, faster processor, faster search capability, new pop out info tab on street searches, lane assist, etc. you may change your mind. Just the faster processor and new interface imo has drastically improved on the functionality of the 7xx series. I've had the 760 for about a year and I'm talking from experience! It's a drastic difference in a very good way.

quote:
Originally posted by gemro311

I currently have and still use my Street Pilot 2610 on occasion, it is 4 years old. Can't really see getting a replacement for the 760 as Garmin has not put out anything that is really any better . Anyone on these forums knows my biggest "annoyance" is the lack of upto date maps from Garmin. Once a year updates just doesn't cut it

Shody
Go to Top of Page

gemro311

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2008 :  02:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll check this out Shody. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GPSPassion..Is there any reason for this "delay"?

Nuvi 2595LMT and HTC1 M8
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93964 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2008 :  03:01:21  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well no, if not I wouldn't have written "for some reason" ;-) My guess is that they want to make it start at the beginning of the year, hopefully the 2009.1 maps or whatever they call them, will actually be 2009 maps, no more of that gap, as we had with CN 2008 (2006) and CN 2009 (2007)...

Go to Top of Page

chelspeed

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2008 :  19:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for answering my off topic question. And it worked. I'm smitten and looking at a 775. Now back on topic:

Can you only buy the numaps lieftime with a new unit or at any time? In other words is there any reason to hang on to buy the 775 until the numaps lifetime comes out in early 2009? Or can I buy a 775 now, which will come with NT2009 Europe presumably (I'm in UK), and then pay for numaps lifetime in a years time when NT2010 comes out?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05