Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1930

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin's nuMaps Guarantee - iFix Date
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

ELEGEND_YVR

Canada
480 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2010 :  11:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's correct. the iFix date showed a start-up time in January. It appears the unit got a lock somehow at that time. I argued with Garmin that I had to turn on the unit to see if it functioned. The previous unit was returned to the POS. They didn't care. I was denied the update. Only after insisting I be referred to a supervisor was I granted the update. Even the supervisor didn't [want to] acknowledge the fact you had to be moving under certain conditions. Ultimately, he did admit that is true when I quoted the info above. However, their customer service/tech support appear to be instructed not to acknowledge this and therefore, not grant you the update. Instead they're focussing how the unit was turned on, irregardless if you used it in a vehicle or travelled more than 20 KM/h.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93780 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2010 :  23:11:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Had missed that message, thanks for the update and glad the info posted here helped you get what you were entitled to, you have to feel sorry for the people who are denied their free update and also for those who tell them they're entitled to it when they might actually be...

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

smiley1081

Italy
1269 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2011 :  22:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The nüMaps Guarantee only covers new navigators or it is also valid on additional maps installed on old navigators?

i.e. I have just activated and installed "City Navigator North America NT 2011 - All Regions, Apr 10" on my Nuviphone A10, alongside the CNEUNT maps which were factory installed.

Am I entitled to a free update to the latest version of CNNANT?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93780 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2011 :  04:30:51  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, new navigators/devices only, it's probably something that Garmin was able to negotiate with Navteq.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93780 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2011 :  06:17:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The nuMaps guarantee has changed, and for the better, since you are no longer limited to one map update during your 60 day warranty period, from the Garmin site as posted by toytech in the 2012.10 maps topic:
quote:
Guarantee applies to one covered Garmin product. Not transferable to any other person or product. You will qualify for the free map update(s) only if you register your product online at http://my.garmin.com either (i) prior to first using your device, or (ii) within 60 days of first acquiring satellites while driving with your device (the "First Satellite Fix"). If you qualify under one of these two conditions, then you will be entitled to receive one or more free map update during the 60-day period following the date you registered the product or the First Satellite Fix date, which ever is earlier, if and when map updates are available for purchase on Garmin’s website during such period. You will not qualify for free map updates if you register your product with Garmin by telephone or more than 60 days after the First Satellite Fix.

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93780 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2012 :  15:30:14  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2013.10 maps are on their way -> http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=144952

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05