Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2274

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin's nuMaps Guarantee - iFix Date
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

z.entropic

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 18 juil. 2009 :  20:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Cliff Fox, Senior Vice President, Map Division at NAVTEQ. “Our research indicates that portable navigation device users are more satisfied with their systems when the map data is up-to-date.”
I wonder how much did they have to pay for this revealing and new consumer research result... (sorry, I couldn't resist...)

--z.entropic
Go to Top of Page

bav

Belgium
44 Posts

Posted - 16 août 2009 :  22:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any news on when europes 2010.20 will be available?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2009 :  04:00:53  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well it was a long wait but they just became available today, details here : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=128568

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Chazz8

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2009 :  07:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just upgraded to the n775t so I get the US and European maps on the unit (and 8 gig on memory). I made use of the NuMaps guarantee to upgrade the US maps to 2010.20. Should I also get European upgrade to 2010.20 since I'm still well within the NuMaps guarantee period? Well, I just did my due diligence and checked on the Garmin site and found my answer on the last line of the NuMaps Guarantee quicklink; "Limit of one free map update per unit."

So let me rephrase my question;
Has anybody had any success asking Garmin US for two map updates (US and European) for a Nuvi model that has multiple regions preloaded.

When I go to MyGarmin / MyMaps, it shows that an update is available for the CNE NT 2010.10 WorldWide 3DB+JV map on my n755t, but no free update like for the US map upgraded under NuMaps. I'll be calling Garmin tomorrow and try to convince them that I'm only asking for one map upgrade to 2010.20 for US and Europe. I may have to remind them of their own press release statement; "August 27, 2008/PR Newswire—Garmin International Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), the global leader in satellite navigation, announced today its nüMaps Guarantee, which will ensure that new owners of select Garmin personal navigation devices (PNDs) receive the most updated map available." I hope that statement holds true for my Nuvi 775t.

Nuvi 750/ SW 4.80 / GPS SW 3.00s
Nuvi 775t SW 3.8, GPS SW 2.90
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2009 :  12:41:11  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good question, hope Garmin have a good answer for you, it would certainly make sense to be able to update all the maps on your device using the nuMaps guarantee.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

Chazz8

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 24 oct. 2009 :  20:28:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called Garmin on Friday, and they predictably quoted the one upgrade per unit clause. The argument that 2010.20 is one update applied to US and Europe did not gain any traction. I brought up the original press release statement "... ensure .. owners .. receive most updated map available." and pointed out that these were preloaded maps I want updates for. After a short wait on hold the support person added a onetime CNE NT 2010.20 update to my Garmin account. Another satisfying interaction with Garmin support (just make sure to allocate half an hour or more for the wait before connecting with Garmin US support persons.)

Nuvi 750/ SW 4.80 / GPS SW 3.00s
Nuvi 775t SW 3.8, GPS SW 2.90
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 28 oct. 2009 :  01:29:27  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update. All is well that ends well I guess but it would have been nice of them to spare you the hassle!

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 19 nov. 2009 :  20:32:02  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Those who are entitled to the nuMaps guarantee can now download the 2010.30 maps, see [TOPIC] Garmin CN NA NT 2010.30 Maps - 11/09 for details.

Go to Top of Page

navxguy

133 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2010 :  05:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've purchased a 1690T recently and registered online. The device has 2010.20 maps, and I'm noticing online (and in this thread) the current map set is 2010.30 - which btw has a road update I'd like ... I don't see anything in MyDashboard that indicates a free update. I've sent an email into Garmin support. Any other suggestions? Thx!!
Go to Top of Page

alandb

456 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2010 :  17:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Instead of using MyDashboard, I suggest logging into my.garmin.com. Create an account if you don't already have one. Click on the My Products tab. Your registered nuvi should show in the list. Click on it, then on the link to "Activate, unlock or update" your map. If your acquire date is available to Garmin and you are eliible, you will be offered the map update. If not, Garmin will ask you to fax or e-mail a copy of a purchase receipt or invoice to establish your 60 day eligibility for the nuMaps guarantee. So you might as well get that ready to go.

Alan - nuvi's - 3597LMTHD 855 755T, Oregon 550, Lowrance Endura Sierra
Go to Top of Page

navxguy

133 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2010 :  18:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestion. When I go into 'Activate/Unlock or Upgrade' it shows my current version (2010.20) w/ a 'Buy Download' button next to the updated version. I'll take it up w/ customer service. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2010 :  10:50:04  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New maps available for those in the warranty period :
- CNNT 2011.10 North America : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=134733
- CNNT 2011.10 Europe : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=134732

Go to Top of Page

ELEGEND_YVR

Canada
495 Posts

Posted - 24 avr. 2010 :  19:14:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danham
: Garmin announced the nüMaps Guarantee program in August, and to quote them : "After a customer purchases a new nüvi or zumo PND, they can check to see if they are eligible for a free map update simply by registering their unit at http://my.garmin.com within 60 days of the first use of their new PND. If new map data is available anytime during that 60-day period, the user can request and download the new data, free of charge"

Note : you can only update your map ONCE during that period.

I've been able to obtain more information on this map update program as well as a preview of changes in the frequency of map updates, here goes :

1. "First use" is defined as the GPS being used for at least 30 seconds at 20 km/h, to ensure that demos in shops don't trigger it accidentally. I pointed out that high sensitivity chipsets can "jump around" in environments with poor GPS reception but they don't think that will be an issue. That data is stored in the memory of the GPS and will be retrieved when the GPS is registered on mygarmin.

Do we have a footnote or a reference/link to the definition of "First use"? I had a issue recently and I was initially denied the update but I escalated the issue to a supervisor and I was subsequently granted the update, but not without a great deal of frustration.

Edited by - ELEGEND_YVR on 24 avr. 2010 19:27:23
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7442 Posts

Posted - 24 avr. 2010 :  22:54:56  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
... I've been able to obtain more information on this map update program as well as a preview of changes in the frequency of map updates, here goes :

1. "First use" is defined as the GPS being used for at least 30 seconds at 20 km/h, to ensure that demos in shops don't trigger it accidentally. I pointed out that high sensitivity chipsets can "jump around" in environments with poor GPS reception but they don't think that will be an issue. That data is stored in the memory of the GPS and will be retrieved when the GPS is registered on mygarmin.

I actually believe that was posted by gpspassion, so not sure why it shows up under my user name.

My impression was first use = first lock, regardless of speed, but the quote you found suggests I'm wrong [g].

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA

Edited by - danham on 24 avr. 2010 22:55:59
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93999 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2010 :  23:41:10  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has missed that post, actually it was posted under "UPDATED 20080911 BY GPSPASSION" ;-) Yes these are the rules I was given by Garmin France when the program was launched in 2008. What was the issue ? They said you had used your GPS when you hadn't ?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05