Erreur dans la requête SQL

Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1931

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Nuvi 7x5 User Reviews - v4.40 (2/13/12)
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1008 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2008 :  05:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's what it does exactly.
Go to Top of Page

poppap

89 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2008 :  06:11:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryrae

@popap Sorry I thought you said the 755t but see you where talking about the 765t.

Amazon still shows in stock when I looked. http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-755T-4-3-Inch-Portable-Navigator/dp/B001ELJERE

I also see abt.com says in stock http://www.abt.com/product/37087.html

I see, thanks anyway.. I'm more interested in 765T ;)
But now I probably wait to see the reviews before I buy it.

Edited by - poppap on 05 oct. 2008 06:12:09
Go to Top of Page

poppap

89 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2008 :  09:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpspassion
Do you know what chipset the 7x5 series is coming with?
Is it Sirf, MTK or Bravo?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93781 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2008 :  13:29:59  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hard to say for sure, Garmin France told me they have the ability to switch chipsets on all their models when need be (presumably based on availability and price ?) and some 7x0's use SiRFstarIII and others MTK. I couldn't see the chipset by using the hidden menus, if I go back I'll reboot it to see if SiRFInstantFixII appears on boot up or in the "About" menu.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

John R

85 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2008 :  16:51:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question: is the MSN Direct service paired to the cable/receiver or the Nuvi itself? In other words, if one were to upgrade to the 7x5 series, could an existing MSN receiver with service remaining be used? I know this question has probably been answered before, but I am not sure where to start to look in the many, many pages of the Nuvi forum.

Regards,
John Roper
Go to Top of Page

ronss

USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2008 :  18:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received the 755t. Plugged it in using my old MSN Direct cable that I used with my 760. The 755t immediately recognized that the MSN Direct cable was there, it automatically downloaded the MSN software to the 755t (took about 5-10 min), and the 755t started immediately working. It was seamless and could not have been any easier.

ronss
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93781 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2008 :  18:56:26  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey, looks like we have our first 7x5 user! I'll rename the topic ;-)

Good to hear about the MSN module being compatible.

Can you take a look at the preview comments in the first message to see if there are any obvious changes, any "broken" map display for instance ?

Also do you see SiRFinstantFix II in the credits while booting up or in the "About" screen?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1796 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2008 :  21:51:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know if Garmin are using a USB 2.x interface with the new 7x5 series...how about a test with a large file transfer (like the map image file) from the GPS to the PC & vise-versa to verify/not verify. It would really be quite amazing if Garmin are still using USB 1.x in such a new device...

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 06 oct. 2008 21:54:26
Go to Top of Page

poppap

89 Posts

Posted - 06 oct. 2008 :  23:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Or you can see the GPS chipset in About page by looking at GPS version.
See if it's X.XXs (Sirf) or X.XXm (MTK)
Go to Top of Page

caryrae

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2008 :  02:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know if it's ok to post this but someone from another forum gave a short review.

quote:
From Egale

Got my 755T today. I am not impressed.

The unit was to replace a TT 920 which although I love the format of the screen and the way it gives directions, I have a number of problems. First, the screen is 100% impossible to see during the day if it is anything more than overcast. Second, it has gotten me lost more than one time by an address being way off, actually miles off in one case. Third, there are weird map errors that are never corrected that I think are Tomtom related, not TeleAtlas.

I have an old Nuvi 350 as well which I use for backup now and was hoping the 755t would have a ton of improvements. It doesn't.

Basically, the 350 and 755t are more the same than different.

The pros of the 755t
1. Screen is bright.
2. Screen refresh is no longer choppy. It is so smooth that sometimes you wonder if the gps has locked up.
3. It has lane assist.
4. It show speed limits.

The cons of the 755t (in no particular oder)
1. Although signal strength is displayed, you can no longer view the screen with the individual satellites an accuracy.
2. Doesn't show what street you are on while navigating (TT does)
3. Doesn't show eta info on main screen (TT does)
4. Doesn't have the ability to calculate alternate routes or allow you to modify a route by tapping a screen position (TT does)
5. You can view the entire route and drag the screen around to follow it but the screen is not that sensitive and the map doesn't drag smoothly or easily.
6. With high detail, all POIs are displayed. There is no option to not display or only display categories you feel are important. TT allows you to pick and chose.

I'm sure there are more but I just forgot to list them. I didn't care about bluetooth or voice command so I didn't go with a more expensive model. I am not a Tomtom fanboy by any means but the 920 is so feature rich compared to the 755t which is still a very basic A to B gps.

Overall, quite disappointing. Oh well.
Go to Top of Page

gmm6797

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2008 :  03:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if you can (or will be able to) put the current speed on the screen at all times?

I have a SP7200 and am able to (slightly) mod the screen to include the current car speed. My speedometer is so far off, this is a great tool to have available to me

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93781 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2008 :  03:27:23  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually speed is shown at all times in the left data field, the right data field can be customized though, check out the pictures in the first message of this topic.

Go to Top of Page

gmm6797

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2008 :  03:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please correct me if I am wrong, but that looks like the "posted speed limit" in the bottom left, not the current speed of the moving vehicle???
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93781 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2008 :  03:50:03  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
er...no, you are confusing the left side of the screen with the left data field, there are two data fields, on each side of the menu button, no need for multiple ? in any case, as per the netiquette.

Go to Top of Page

rancho1

354 Posts

Posted - 07 oct. 2008 :  04:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gmm6797

Does anyone know if you can (or will be able to) put the current speed on the screen at all times?

I have a SP7200 and am able to (slightly) mod the screen to include the current car speed. My speedometer is so far off, this is a great tool to have available to me

Wow, that would be pretty distracting and dangerous. It would be better to just get your speedometer calibrated since you know it is far off.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05