PC and MAC GPS Software
 iGuidance not finding high com ports
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

joedr

3 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  07:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using iGuidance V4 with a Vista SP1 equipped laptop. I connected a Nolan BT receiver to it and had reasonable results at first. I lost that device, so I purchased another one just like it as a replacement. That is when the problems started.
The new device was mapped by the bluetooth manager to com ports above what iGuidance recognizes (anything above 16). I cannot get the bluetooth manager to choose ports in the 1-16 range). It was suggested by Semsons' tech support that I manually delete all ports above 16 to force Windows to place devices lower. I went to device manager but was only able to see what ports were actually in use. They then said that I should try GpsGate software by Franson to allow me to manually map ports. This worked somewhat during the free trial period, but now I get error code 1072, which Franson says is indicating that I have 64 bit Vista, which their software does not support yet.
Any suggestions on getting iGuidance to begin working again? I would love to get the device mapped to com ports 1 and 2 for simplicities sake, or anything under 16 for that matter.

Ads

gpspassion

94668 Posts

Posted - 11 août 2008 :  08:11:42  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not a vista user but in XP you can force a COM port in the advanced settings of the device manager,even if it says it is already in use.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

joedr

3 Posts

Posted - 12 août 2008 :  03:39:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the location to so this with Vista, but I still can't get iGuidance to work, in spite of picking a new port.
Go to Top of Page

Alan_

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 12 août 2008 :  12:28:16  Show Profile  Visit Alan_'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seem to me the 64 bit Vista is a little ahead of the Franson GpsGate software development for your situation. Maybe someone else has the solution to your problem. If your Vista was 32 bit I bet Franson GpsGate would be a success.
Go to Top of Page

joedr

3 Posts

Posted - 13 août 2008 :  02:26:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seem to have everything up and running again. I did a complete reinstall of iGuidance disabled Vista's fax/modem to free up a port or two. Once I played with GpsGate a little, I managed to get signal through to the software.
What concerns me now is that something is still gobbling up com ports from about 4-60 something. I thought for sure that reinstalling it might do the trick, but nooooo. I was hoping to avoid having to use Franson's product altogether.
Go to Top of Page

Alan_

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 14 août 2008 :  00:33:22  Show Profile  Visit Alan_'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
On my laptop I use Franson GpsGate software so I can run with my GPS iGuidance and Streets and Trips at the same time. It's cool to hear the voice directions from each product as the two products don't have much of a conflict with giving voice directions as they seem to announce directions at slightly different times. ;)
Go to Top of Page

mcuz

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - 12 sept. 2008 :  12:25:36  Show Profile  Visit mcuz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a little update on the subject about GpsGate and 64bit vista

http://franson.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8255
Go to Top of Page

ElenRey

2 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2017 :  16:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would it be worth trying software such as this - GPS Splitter?
http://www.eltima.com/products/gps-splitter/

ElenRey
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05