Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Magellan Maestro 4250 frozen permanently
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pistu24

1 Posts

Posted - 03 juin 2008 :  22:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Maestro 4250 froze at the first Magellan screen and would not go forward in spite of multiple resets. I called customer service and no surprise the call was useless, they asked me to send the unit over to them. I stumbled upon the boot loader menu. I think I might have ended up formatting the internal drive. Does anybody out there know if I can recover my unit? Perhaps a working OS image or something? Otherwise I am resigned to sending the unit over customer service and heaven knows when I will get it back!

Thanks!

Edited by - pistu24 on 03 juin 2008 23:01:48

Ads

mur_phy

18 Posts

Posted - 14 juin 2008 :  03:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know if you found a solution but maybe I was lucky after having this same problem. Fortunately, I had set the unit to never turn off so when it froze and a reset, click of OK, stop/start would not work, I simply let the battery wear out and then recharged the unit. Then it functioned again.

However, it did not show the proper color mode until I did a reset and after that it showed my "home" incorrectly plus elevation was incorrect and there were just too many problems that even Magellan could not come up with solutions for. It goes back to Costco tomorrow.

I am trying out the 3225 also and may keep it as it was selling for $150 Can. at Costco. My concern is now to figure out how to do optional POI's which seem to be more difficult to do than what it is for the Garmin.

I have the Garmin C 530 and find it pretty good but we did find that the announcing of the street name would be good so thought we'd get another unit that did this.

If it is too difficult to figure out how to do POI's then I'll probably take both units for most travelling and use the Garmin for POI's and the 3225 for other purposes as I have not found an inexpensive Garmin at the moment to do what I want.

I'll keep looking as some of the Garmin units do a lot of nice things but are still pricey.
Go to Top of Page

hlbullis

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 20 avr. 2012 :  11:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Magellan 4250 screen froze on the road and never changed position. I went into User options then System settings and then into Diagnostics and did the test video test. When it was over the screen was no longer frozen. First thing I tried....pure luck.

I do want to add I always loved the thing till I bought the update for $105. I honestly believe it works worse. Gets lost more, sends me all kinds of directions. Once it sent around the same block twice. I had to drive until it finally figured where I/it was. Cancelling etc did nothing. Will be going Garmin next time. Companies Nuvi is much better as far as destinations. The 4050 is awful in s.w. FL. Was great in Atlanta when I worked there.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05