"Beta" GPS software
 BMP2MP - Raster maps converter for Garmin
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

4 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2008 :  20:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Want to let you know about free utility which can convert Ozi calibrated raster maps (in 24-bit bmp format) into vector images in mp format:

No tutorial, no GUI, no web support - but it works in some way :)

Below I give you a couple of links to pages in Russian language but actually you may be interested in links you can find on these pages.

Here you can find a link to example of the program work result (Moscow region map):

Here you can find links to some screenshots of program work results in Mapsource compared to source screenshots in OziExplorer:

Also there are two other products doing similar things:

Edited by - ys05 on 11 mars 2015 22:37:32

94674 Posts

Posted - 07 juin 2008 :  13:03:11  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing, looks pretty interesting, out of the three this seems to be the only free tool ?

Does mp=img ? The format I'm familiar with for Garmin maps.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

4 Posts

Posted - 13 juin 2008 :  20:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, two other tools are not free and they produce img maps which you can directly load into Garmins.

bmap2mp is free but it produces mp which is not img, but which can be used as a source for img creation with another free tool cgpsmapper (from To use bmap2mp you need to learn a bit more about Garmin maps creation, it is not a "point and shoot" utility. And it is not hard limited for Garmins, I believe it can be used for some other brands (Magellan, Lowrance) with existing convertors from mp format into appropriate map format.
Go to Top of Page

62 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2008 :  09:22:54  Show Profile  Visit 1drey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here you can find a link to example of the program work result (Moscow region map):

is not available, unfortunately
Go to Top of Page

4 Posts

Posted - 11 nov. 2008 :  23:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The site seems to be down :(
I have a saved copy so I've uploaded it to rapidshare: - saved original page (in Russian) - complete map
Go to Top of Page

4 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2008 :  18:29:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, the Moscow region map author has restored it at new address:
Go to Top of Page

62 Posts

Posted - 11 mars 2009 :  07:09:19  Show Profile  Visit 1drey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks wonderful on my Oregon 300. Quite useable for trekking of bicycle rides, thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page

1 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2013 :  06:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonjour. Ne quelqu'un sait ce qui est tout au sujet de cette chose acceptation cookie? Est-il s#233;curitaire ?
Merci pour r#233;ponse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05