Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1953

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 [TOPIC] Customizing the Mio Moov
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Team GpsPasSion

161 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  02:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Team GpsPasSion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
READ FIRST : "Customizing" the Mio Moov means that you are adding applications that were not specifically designed to run on the device, therefore there is a risk that you will alter its normal operation the way it was intended by Mio.

While many applications have been found to run properly (TCPMP for DivX playing, OziCE for off-road GPS), there is always a risk that you will prevent your unit from operating normally, especially since there is currently no way of returning it to its factory settings (the changes to the crucial registry are permanent). Only proceed with caution and under your sole responsibility

UPDATED 20090118 : Here is a list of the "Cobia" folder names compiled by Osprey, the maker of MioPocket,
* Moov 150 (European: Cobia_300L_32, North American: Cobia_300L_32_NA, Australian: Cobia_300L_32_AU)
* Moov 200 (European: Cobia_300_32, North American: Cobia_300_64_NA, Australian: Cobia_300_32_AU)
* Moov 300 (European: Cobia_400_64, North American: Cobia_400_64_NA, Australian: Cobia_400_64_AU)
* Moov 310 (European: Cobia_T400_64, North American: Cobia_T400_64_NA, Australian: Cobia_T400_64_AU)
* Moov 330 (European: Cobia_410_64, North American: Cobia_410_64_NA, Australian: Cobia_410_64_AU)
* Moov 360 (European: Cobia_420_64, North American: Cobia_420_64_NA, Australian: Cobia_420_64_AU)
* Moov 370 (European: Cobia_T420_64, North American: Cobia_T420_64_NA, Australian: Cobia_T420_64_AU)
* Moov 500 (European: Cobia500R2, North American: Cobia500R2_NA, Australian: Cobia500R2_AU)
* Knight Rider: KITT_USA

If none of the above names work you can still find out which name your device requires, you can find the correct folder name for your device by opening up app_startup.txt in the root of the Moov's flash drive, scrolling to the bottom and looking at the line that starts with RunSDCardExecutable.

UPDATED BY GPSPASSION 20080507 : The Moov GPS systems are rebadged Navman S Series systems so their unlocking method works. All you need is a different name for the folder containing the files, so far we have :
- Mio Moov 200 Europe : Cobia_300_32
- Mio Moov 300 USA : Cobia_400_64_NA

I've uploaded two shortcuts to fileman and the registry editor that were not included in the otherwise excellent kit :
1. Download here
3. Place in \Mio Device\Program Files\Unlock\Programs with your Moov connected to your PC.

To make your own shortcuts :
1. With windows notepad, create a file with : #"\My Flash Disk\Program Files\abc\xyz.exe" (adapt for your needs)
2. Save it as xyz.lnk and paste it in the Moov.

Original post by leonicdragon : I have just purchased a MOOV 300 and I'm curious if it is unlockable since it has the CE5 core just as my c220. I have looked everywhere and so far nothing, so let's see if anything becomes of this thread.

Team GpsPasSion

Ads

gpspassion

93787 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  03:19:09  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In essence it's a rebadged Navman S Series device so I was hoping the method here http://navmanunlocked.wikispaces.com/Unlock would work, but no go so far on my Moov 200 test unit.

How about sharing your thoughts on the unit in its topic ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

pupa

91 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  03:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think its embedded CE system is similar to that of Navman S series GPS. I believe its OS is more like that of Mio Cx20 GPS, though it runs the Navman Navigation software. Try to use the SD-based unlocking method for Mio Cx20(x=3,5,7) first! To confirm my guess, you may connect your moov to your PC with a mini USB cord and find in the folder "Mio Device":\Miomap\Miomap the following two files,
Miomap.exe and miomap.exe.id
The file miomap.exe must be the executable of Navman Navigation software.

Edited by - pupa on 30 avr. 2008 08:04:22
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  04:53:12  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're the one with the device, Leonicdragon. You're the best person to tell us if it's unlockable. Put MioPocket on it and see if it works. SD installation could work if they happened to keep the same "MioAutoRun.exe" name with the Moovs, and even SD-free installation sounds possible if what pupa said about MioMap.exe is true of your device, as well. Let us know what your success is if you give it a go.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93787 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  19:15:20  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@pupa - nope, it's a clone of the Navman S30, exact same file structure, no more more miomap/miomap.exe, etc...it seems they've done some extra locking though as the "S Series Kit" I linked above doesn't work.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

pupa

91 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2008 :  01:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpspassion

Thanks for the detailed information on Moov! Mitac is too lazy to do any mody of the original Navman S30. The backdoor of Navman S30 is \Storage Card\S30\auto.exe. It is possible that backdoor of moov 200 is \Storage card\200\auto.exe. Another backdoor for unlocking is the icon of SmartST . Replace the smartst.exe (not sure) by regedit.exe; then get the [HKLM\init] registry to know which process is responsible for the locking mainshell.
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93787 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2008 :  01:58:50  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, had tried renaming the unlock package \200\ but no go. Good idea on trying to replace smarst.exe by regedit, will do that tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2008 :  02:17:39  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would try some of the known autorun names for other Mio devices:
\Storage Card\MioAutoRun.exe
\Storage Card\autorun_ABC.exe
\Storage Card\autorunce.exe
\Storage Card\goce.exe
\Storage Card\oscar91adm.exe

...as well as some guesses at variations that they may've used:
\Storage Card\MoovAutoRun.exe
\Storage Card\200Auto.exe

You could save yourself time and effort by creating a script with...
Message(SystemPath("ScriptName"))
...in it, saving it as MioAutoRun.mscr, then as each of the other names above, copy MortScript's autorun file to have the same name for each and then copy MortScript.exe. You'd then have to test only once. If you don't get any pop-up messages, then none of the names work (since none of the scripts ran). If, however, you do get a pop-up message, it'll tell you which name worked.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

amida168

36 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2008 :  17:52:53  Show Profile  Visit amida168's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@gpspassion

Do you have access to the internal flash? If so, you can renames the executable that invokes MioMap 2008 and put a copy of renamed FileMan CE in its place. This way Moov would run FileMan CE instead of MioMap 2008. That's how I hacked my C230 initially.
Go to Top of Page

alvise

9 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2008 :  01:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I changed the exe file that executes navman maps on this mio moov 200 and replaced by the exe file that runs the program maps for my country... now I can't connect to usb again to make changes :( any way to run from SD or hard reset for this model?? thank you!
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93787 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2008 :  01:54:46  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ouch...you could try a full reinstall from the PC software, think I saw an option for that somewhere.

Go to Top of Page

amida168

36 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2008 :  15:28:22  Show Profile  Visit amida168's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is from the manual on how to hard reset Moov.

quote:
Occasionally, you may need to perform a hardware reset when your Mio stops responding; or appears to be
“frozen” or “locked-up.”
You can perform a hardware reset by shutting down your Mio and then turning it back on. To shut down your
Mio, slide the power switch to the RESET position. To turn on your Mio after shutting it down, slide the power
switch to the ON position.
Go to Top of Page

alvise

9 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  22:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the only way to go back to original state is booting from SD and going back to origial exe file. I agree with gpspassion is the same file structure than navman but I will say is navman ICN 520, that's the one I know is the same filesystem. someone know backdoor for this navman? Also I have Navman F20 has any way to unlock or autorun?
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93787 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  22:13:15  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually, I found the "reinstall from disk" in the MioMore PC software under tools, give it a try. Unlocking the F20 is OT here, but check my link above, if it's possible it's there!
Go to Top of Page

pupa

91 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  03:28:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpspassion

Can you delete/copy/move the directories/files of Moov 200 through USB-Activesync? If so, the unlocking of moov should be very very easy! First, view/Edit the registry (e.g. [HKLM\init] ) of Moov by using CEregedit through USB-activesyc. Then add registry entries to [HKLM\init] to unlock the device.

Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  03:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello pupa. im off topic here but. i wanna ask you. do you know how to enable the wifi capability of an unlock CE? u seem to know how to add reg keys.. do you happen to know what reg entries are for wifi? thanks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05