Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2273

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 [Question] SD card in Mio C320
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ShaiK

Israel
16 Posts

Posted - 29 avr. 2008 :  19:08:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,

I would like to ask you what is the maximal SD card size that fits to mio C320??

I bought a 4GB SD card and I cant see any details about it on my computer when I connect it.and I cant copy to it any data that I want...

Waiting for your answer.

thanks.

Ads

jimmyt

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 29 avr. 2008 :  21:58:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shaik - look at the mio file browser to see if it can see it. When you say connected to the pc - do you mean plugged into the pc via the mio or plugged into a card reader on the pc. If its an sdhc card then you may not see it as older readers do not read sdhc - however, you should see it appear as a drive in windows when you connect the mio - if you dont see it in the mio file browser or in my computer, then the 320 may not be reading it. I have a dane electric 4gb and a transend 8gb (both sdhc) and they work fine.

jim
Go to Top of Page

John Dough

Andorra
397 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  00:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also the Topram 4gb SD card works perfectly in mio 268/269

Mio V505TV CE 6 16gb microsd card MIO V735TV MP4 R68 16gb sdhccard /MIO C710 4gb sd card MP4 R68 Igo83tts Miomap V3.3ttsVexia 2 android
Go to Top of Page

mkss55442

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  01:30:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shaik,
I'm not sure if you're saying the problem is with your desktop or the C320. If you're talking about the C320, I had a similar problem with an A-Data 8GB SDHC card. Once I formatted it on my desktop computer using 16k clusters it worked fine. If you bought a SDHC card and you can't see the card on your computer, your card reader probably isn't compatible with SDHC cards.
Mark

Nothing is never "no problem".
Mio C320, 01.10.08 MioMap 3.3 with 10.06 maps, Mio c310x, Axim x51v, Axim x50v
Go to Top of Page

ShaiK

Israel
16 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  01:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, and thank you for responding.

first mkss55442:
my 4GV card is SD regular not SDHC (Transcend). I try to transfer "things" into it using the mio, I don`t have card reader. and in this way i can`t open it.(maybe i need to fotmat like u using card reader).

John Dough: thank you I learn from your experience.

jimmyt: please read what I wrote to mkss55442 above.in addition I see it appear as a drive in windows when you connect the mio but can`t use it anyway.

Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  05:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shaik,
4GB regular SD (non-SDHC) cards are kind of a hack of the SD specification (which only supports up to 2GB officially, I believe). As such, many devices can't read such cards. Keep trying, but you may be out of luck. You would've been better off buying an SDHC card.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe
Go to Top of Page

zdaokimo

53 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  12:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShaiK

hello,

I would like to ask you what is the maximal SD card size that fits to mio C320??

I bought a 4GB SD card and I cant see any details about it on my computer when I connect it.and I cant copy to it any data that I want...

Waiting for your answer.

thanks.

I am using HP 8Gb SDHC bought from buy.com w/o any problem.
Go to Top of Page

ShaiK

Israel
16 Posts

Posted - 30 avr. 2008 :  13:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

Shaik,
4GB regular SD (non-SDHC) cards are kind of a hack of the SD specification (which only supports up to 2GB officially, I believe). As such, many devices can't read such cards. Keep trying, but you may be out of luck. You would've been better off buying an SDHC card.

and if i will by 4GB SDHC card so it will work?? you wrote that only till 2 GB working good, and I see here people writing that even 4 an 8 GB are working fine...

so is it true?
Go to Top of Page

mkss55442

USA
319 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2008 :  00:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ShaiK,
Yes an SDHC card will work. You really should get an SDHC card reader also.
Mark

Nothing is never "no problem".
Mio C320, 01.10.08 MioMap 3.3 with 10.06 maps, Mio c310x, Axim x51v, Axim x50v
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2008 :  02:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shaik,
There's no such thing as an 8GB regular SD card. You're confusing SD and SDHC. Look more closely and you'll see that most people speaking of success with 4GB cards, and all with 8GB cards, are referring to SDHC, not regular SD.

Go to Top of Page

ShaiK

Israel
16 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2008 :  03:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ...

I will change to an SDHC card.
Go to Top of Page

ShaiK

Israel
16 Posts

Posted - 01 mai 2008 :  03:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shaik,
There's no such thing as an 8GB regular SD card. You're confusing SD and SDHC. Look more closely and you'll see that most people speaking of success with 4GB cards, and all with 8GB cards, are referring to SDHC, not regular SD.

Can you please write me your e-mail?
would like to ask you in private.

Go to Top of Page

ShaiK

Israel
16 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2008 :  00:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shaik,

How did you updated your mio C320 to R40 Ver?

please give download links and whatever helps.

thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2008 :  01:41:18  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Shaik,
I don't know. It might've come from the factory that way or it might've been when I used the Mio Updater utility (see their website). I wouldn't assume that a higher number means a newer/better firmware. Some evidence suggests that different regions receive different firmwares, so "R40" may simply be the designation for USA models; I don't know.

Go to Top of Page

ShaiK

Israel
16 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2008 :  03:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Shaik,
I don't know. It might've come from the factory that way or it might've been when I used the Mio Updater utility (see their website). I wouldn't assume that a higher number means a newer/better firmware. Some evidence suggests that different regions receive different firmwares, so "R40" may simply be the designation for USA models; I don't know.

it is possible to contact you personaly?

please reply to shaikurland@yahoo.com

thanks.
Go to Top of Page

John Dough

Andorra
397 Posts

Posted - 02 mai 2008 :  22:33:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShaiK

quote:

Shaik,

it is possible to contact you personaly?

please reply to shaikurland@yahoo.com

thanks.

Not a good idea tp publish your email in a public forum mate!!

Mio V505TV CE 6 16gb microsd card MIO V735TV MP4 R68 16gb sdhccard /MIO C710 4gb sd card MP4 R68 Igo83tts Miomap V3.3ttsVexia 2 android
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05