Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2243

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Mio AIO Forums - www.mionav.com
 MioPocket 2.0 (Unlock for Mios and other PNAs)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 416

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2008 :  22:42:44  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
sachatouille,
1. Did you rename your original MioMap.exe and MioMap.exe.id correctly? They need to be MioMap_orig.exe and MioMap_orig.exe.id for MioPocket to automatically pick them up. They also need to be in \My Flash Disk\MioMap\MioMap. If your MioMap is in some other directory, you'll need to modify the path in MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini
2. That's a limitation of the shell software that MioPocket uses. There's nothing that I can do about it, short of restarting the whole shell software, which would be more of a hassle. Keep in mind that the button continues to work, even when the icon is missing. If you really need the little graphic back, you can restart the shell manually by choosing the skin changer and simply selecting the skin that you're already using.

Jen5,
You could try commenting out (putting # signs in front of) all of those lines that you added except for the Run command and see if you can at least see that working.

badboy,
1. I said to put the SetBacklight command at the very end of the file; in other words, after the last EndIf. It may not even be running where you put it.
2. Ameridan mentioned something about using a Launcher.exe that matches your unit. You may want to try deleting MioAutoRun\Windows\Launcher.exe and see if that makes any difference with your settings being saved.
3. "where can i find the ini file?" badboy, you just quoted the exact portion of the Readme file that tells you where the ini files are.

grga,
I'm not sure how you could've broken your licensing with MioPocket. Did you delete your original license.db when you installed MioPocket? You may want to try undoing everything that you did and installing MioPocket to SD card, instead. If that doesn't work, you may want to think about restoring your MioMap from DVD.

Ameridan,
I just noticed your question from the other day about having MioMap skins call outside applications. Have you taken a look at Jerry's skin for the c320/c520/c720? He figured that out months ago and added many buttons to external applications into MioMap. Once you figure out how to add the same thing to your skin, one way to implement what you want is to create separate MortScript scripts for Play, Pause, etc. that use MortScript's commands to send the key combinations that TCPMP uses for its hotkeys. For example, my StartMenu.mscr script sends the "Windows" key to display the start menu, and I have Jerry's skin set up with a button pointing to it.

Mio C320 (US), R40 firmware, WinCE 5.0 Core, MioPocket 4.0 Release 68
Latest MioPocket: MioPocket 4.0 (Release 68) - Dec 6, 2010 & ReadMe

Edited by - Osprey on 26 avr. 2008 23:38:51
Go to Top of Page

badboy

41 Posts

Posted - 26 avr. 2008 :  23:48:46  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Osprey

badboy,
1. I said to put the SetBacklight command at the very end of the file; in other words, after the last EndIf. It may not even be running where you put it.

yep i notice that it was in the if script
changed but not working
quote:

2. Ameridan mentioned something about using a Launcher.exe that matches your unit. You may want to try deleting MioAutoRun\Windows\Launcher.exe and see if that makes any difference with your settings being saved.

try this no saving after deleting te launcher and do a soft reset
quote:

3. "where can i find the ini file?" badboy, you just quoted the exact portion of the Readme file that tells you where the ini files are.

lol i see it now,i was just looking to make the mio works fine for my lady that i not look any furder
for now it's works withe te wolftoolbar but if you have a better solution shoot and i wil try

thx
Go to Top of Page

f1honda

1 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  00:18:14  Show Profile
wow, what a great utility. thank you for all your efforts.
please tell me how i can make a donation.

just did the R18 on the SD card and it worked flawless on the first try on my c520. everything seems to be working so far, even ms. pacman.

could someone tell me where i can get other gps programs like TomTom and iGo to install them on the mio.

thanks,
Go to Top of Page

pupa

91 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  00:32:42  Show Profile
quote:

pupa,
May I ask where you and cheerful are getting this information? Is this a change that Mio has made to its more recent shipments? My Dec-bought c320 doesn't have this extra lock-down, and I would wager that c520s bought before the new year, don't, either. If Mio made such a change to recent shipments, that stinks.
In case it's true, I've taken your hex suggestion and created an id file. Those having problems with SD-free installation, try copying this to the folder with my MioMap.exe and MioMap.mscr and tell us if it makes any difference. http://rapidshare.com/files/110486000/Miomap.exe.id

I am glad that the id key works! In fact, I have been using this id key in my SD-free unlocking package for Cx20 for several months.

I also have a Mio C320 (USA version) that its miomap icon was not locked. Last year I once published an SD-free unlocking package for Mio C320/520/720 and was informed by one of the C520 users that the package could not be invoked by using the miomap icon. I recalled that the Cracker of Miomap3.3(tts) once mentioned the lock-down of the miomap icon. That is why each release of cracked miomap3.3 was accompanied with a corresponding miomap.exe.id. I found the software to produce the id key in p******z.

I guess most of the Mio Cx20 devices released so far have their miomap icon locked despite that the C320s released in USA are exceptions.

Edited by - pupa on 27 avr. 2008 00:42:27
Go to Top of Page

grga

Croatia
32 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  00:36:34  Show Profile
quote:

grga,
I'm not sure how you could've broken your licensing with MioPocket. Did you delete your original license.db when you installed MioPocket? You may want to try undoing everything that you did and installing MioPocket to SD card, instead. If that doesn't work, you may want to think about restoring your MioMap from DVD.

Osprey,

Tell me please, Miomap shortcut from navigation screen is linked to which file?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  00:44:41  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
pupa,
Yeah, that, I'm familiar with. I just thought that the corresponding .id files were needed because MioMap checked it when loading. I didn't realize that it was the system/firmware, instead, that checked it. BTW, you may want to remove your references to cracking and, particularly, the website before a mod reacts to it. They're touchy about those things here.

grga,
It's not linked to MioMap directly. It's linked to a script that determines where MioMap is located, based on what's in MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini and whether you've renamed the executable for SD-free installation.

Edited by - Osprey on 27 avr. 2008 01:02:55
Go to Top of Page

Harpo

Sweden
184 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  01:55:21  Show Profile
@jen5

My C220 came with v3.3.

I tried alot of skins, sorry to say i don't remember wich ones worked and wich ones don't.

I now have OliverCP Split that i like alot, i've also tried these i got from yfastud:s homepage jlbn.com
* Joedoum33.4 works
* Nuovo works
* Sznyt23 works (nice)
* Ameridan it didnt work for me, ill try again some day.
* Jerry 020408 not tried yet
* Jerry 020708 -"-
* Olivercp works
* Olivercp Split works, very nice skin, my favorite right now
* QuickSilver Reborn don't work for me
* Riks v1.0 tried it but do not remember if it worked
* Riks v4.6i same as above

C220 Miomap 3.3 Olivercp/split skin and Miopocket 4.0 v63 SD-based - IGO8.3/diMKa 1.5.9 /Navigon Mn6/Mn7.5 reality view light, IGO Primo 1.1
SE X1 IGO8-IGO Primo
Go to Top of Page

Harpo

Sweden
184 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  02:35:15  Show Profile
quote:

Harpo,
1. I'm glad to hear that a re-install fixed most of the problems. A few things...

a) FileManCE - I'm pretty sure that that problem is because I included a registry file for FileManCE that, apparently, includes some settings that are appropriate only for 480x272 displays. I think that I've now trimmed out those settings. Would you please try replacing your FileManCE.reg with this one and let me know? http://rapidshare.com/files/110172846/FileManCE.reg

b) Did GameBox work for you in R17? If you navigate to MioAutoRun\Programs\Games\GameBox and double-click on GameBox.exe, does it work then? What about if you copy imgdecmp.dll from MioAutoRun\System to the GameBox folder?

c) Pocket Picture is something that I didn't mean to include on 320x240 skins, since I'm not sure that it'll work at that resolution. If anyone can attest to it working at that resolution, I'll stand corrected and leave it on the 320x240 skins.

2. I'm glad to hear that the FirstStartAP lines work. It's nice to have that problem solved.

a. Works perfect now...thanks

b. Hmm i really don't remember, but i think so. Nope it won't work i've tried both your suggestions.

c.Is it complete?? i only have pocketpicture.exe, LicenseMIT.txt and LicenseGPL.txt in that folder.

2.Yeah i'm very greatful for that fix

C220 Miomap 3.3 Olivercp/split skin and Miopocket 4.0 v63 SD-based - IGO8.3/diMKa 1.5.9 /Navigon Mn6/Mn7.5 reality view light, IGO Primo 1.1
SE X1 IGO8-IGO Primo
Go to Top of Page

ameridan

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  03:02:43  Show Profile  Visit ameridan's Homepage
Osprey,

Thanks for the reply. You got me off to a good start. TCPMP plays from MioMap, but as you said, I'll need some MortScripts to hide the program and for the Play/Stop/Next functions. As promised I won't take this further on this thread though. I'll try to do it modular form so you guys might be able to drop it into your skins too. Thanks again.

Mio C230 Resource Site
http://c230.wordpress.com

Edited by - ameridan on 27 avr. 2008 03:05:00
Go to Top of Page

Osprey

USA
2764 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  06:22:21  Show Profile  Visit Osprey's Homepage
Ameridan,
For the heck of it, I clicked on the link to your webblog and looked through it. I want to say thanks for making me aware of BeelineGPS. I've been messing with it and I really like that program. It doesn't appear to support full-color maps like PocketGPS, but it seems to one-up it in so many other features. It's definitely going in the next MioPocket, so thanks for your excellent post.

To help you a bit in return, here are a few things that I've noticed:
1) In one of your screenshots, it looks like your compass isn't working. I discovered how to make it work: go to Tools->GPS->Manufacture-Specific, then choose both entries, starting with the top one. Once you do the second one, make sure that you click Ok, rather than Cancel (even if you don't change any values). The program will say that it successfully did something and your compass will now work.
2) There's a "Smooth Mode" option for the compass that smooths the animation out, making it a lot nicer to look at.
3) If you don't include the SetupID value in the registry file, the program won't warn users about the 30-day trial being over; instead, it'll generate a new one that's unique to each user, thus starting the 30-day trial over from day 0. Even though it works fine beyond 30 days, making this little change will put users' minds at ease when they're first launching the utility.

Ah, heck, since I've already done the work to make all of that work automatically, here's what's going into MioPocket if you'd like to save yourself the energy: http://rapidshare.com/files/110711993/BeelineGPS.zip
You'll want to replace the Port, Baud and Database values, obviously, as well as every path (unless you want to put the BeelineGPS folder into \Storage Card\MioAutoRun\Programs, where the registry settings are set to).

Edited by - Osprey on 27 avr. 2008 07:15:47
Go to Top of Page

badboy

41 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  14:30:58  Show Profile
oke now i set a qiuck button on the front page like this si i go direct to setting.exe

ICONXPBUTTON
x = 98
y = 50
Command = \windows\Settings.exe
SizeNormal = 48
SizePushed = 48
ScaleAlpha = 100
IconNormal = ..\Icons\settings.ico
ScaleAlpha = 100
IconPushed = ..\Icons\settings.ico

TEXT
x = 88
y = 100
Text = Mio Settings
Color = FFFFFF
FrameColor = 000000
Size = 13
Weight = 700
CreateFont

i set this in te place of
ICONXPBUTTON
x = 258
y = 125
NewIni = ..\..\Programs\PocketGPS-Map\pocketgpsmap_ppc.exe
SizeNormal = 48
SizePushed = 48
ScaleAlpha = 100
IconNormal = ..\Icons\GPS.ico
ScaleAlpha = 100
IconPushed = ..\Icons\GPS.ico

TEXT
x = 251
y = 175
Text = PocketGPS
Color = FFFFFF
FrameColor = 000000
Size = 13
Weight = 700
CreateFont

but how can ik create a second page to the navigation page so ik can put more icons like the page multimadia?

i changed the value in hkcu\ControlPanel but this dont work
another thing i like to change.
when i do a hard reset the mio start up to miomap.
then i have to put out the sd kaar wait a few seconds en the put them back in en then starts the autorun.
is it not possibel to change this that when i do a hard reset te script direct look a the autorun a the sd card en instal the unlock direct?
i know this is possible to do this when i use the other hack without sd direct to the flash,but the sd hack is better when somthings go wrong with the sd is put it out do a reset en i can navigate withe the original miomap

so i look at somthings like this

If(ProcExists("autorun.exe"))
autorun = "true"
IfElse .........;
so this hase to wright direct to the flash

i know i have to look at my books of programming in vb and java to know the right comments to run with te if command but it's just a example

greets

Edited by - badboy on 27 avr. 2008 14:50:24
Go to Top of Page

Jen5

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  15:48:12  Show Profile
Osprey
Jen5,
You could try commenting out (putting # signs in front of) all of those lines that you added except for the Run command and see if you can at least see that working.

No luck commenting out all lines except Run command. The fact i can run it as a run command from miopocket or Bupahs Taskbar confirm the fact it should work?

Mio C220 ver 68 sd card,C320 ver 33 lost or stolen C520 Miopocket 4.0 Ver.68 SD Free Installation MioMap 3.3 TTS Jerrys Skins and others
Go to Top of Page

cheerful

343 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  16:03:49  Show Profile
pupa & Osprey,

Thanks for the clarification. I tried on my friend's C320 and the id was not needed. So I deleted my posts. Now I know it depends on version.
Go to Top of Page

deadeye1985

98 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  16:52:15  Show Profile
Ospery,

Is there a way to edit the MAINSHELL button icons like the STOPWORD hack that changed the PICTURES button to a different button ? i want to change only the text bellow the icon....
I realized that u have to edit the mainshell.mui files but i don't know how to edit these kind of files.
do u might know how to do that ?

big thanks !!!
Go to Top of Page

sachatouille

11 Posts

Posted - 27 avr. 2008 :  17:39:48  Show Profile

Osprey

All it's ok.
I had put a letter of too, for this reason that did not function.

Thank you for your excellent work.

MIO C320B débridé WM logistic/ DATA phi38 gorgot 2.7b/ radars CSV2ASC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 416 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 4,36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05