Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Garmin nüvi forums
 [TOPIC] Garmin CN NT 2009 Maps - Announced 03/28
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Lizard_weasel

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  01:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there somewhere we can look at 2007/Q1 maps to see if other areas of interest have changed?

Steve
Garmin Nuvi 750, 3760LTM and Zumo 660.
Formerly Nuvi 350 and Axim x51v with Mapopolis and bluetooth receiver.
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  01:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Garmin does not have the map viewer up yet for v2009. You may want to keep checking at www8.garmin.com/cartography/. The "MapSource Map Viewer" is on the left center side of the page.

nüvi 3490LMT, nüvi 3790LMT, nüvi 765T, nüvi 855, nüvi 760, nüvi 750

Edited by - SergZak on 10 avr. 2008 01:41:43
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93944 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  01:43:22  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beat me to the punch ;-)

In the meantime you can use maps.google.com as they also use Navteq maps and also have the Sutter Creek fix now, they can't have maps that are much more recent than the NT 2009 maps...

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

gemro311

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  02:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received word from GPS City that the new Maps have shipped . OH BOY !

Nuvi 2595LMT and HTC1 M8
Go to Top of Page

Lizard_weasel

USA
892 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  02:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, maps.google.com has the highway update in my neighborhood, but doesn't have a neighborhood through street that has been added. Still has my home street misspelled although I sent the correction in several years ago. It's now searchable by both the correct and incorrect names.

Steve
Garmin Nuvi 750, 3760LTM and Zumo 660.
Formerly Nuvi 350 and Axim x51v with Mapopolis and bluetooth receiver.
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  03:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An update on the new POI corporate logos I mentioned and pointed out earlier...they do NOT show this way on my nuvi 350. Looks like the 3xx series still uses the original Garmin iconography for the POIs & it seems only the newer nuvis (7xx or above) can display the new POI icons. I have not yet tried/unlocked my nuvi 200 so I don't know if the 2xx series has this ability.

Go to Top of Page

doubledee

5 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  21:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the maps are offically released and in stock with GPS city [E]

Go to Top of Page

bladecp

265 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  21:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, I ordered my map update from tvnav.com last night and it's already shipped! Should be here next Tues or Wed.
Go to Top of Page

Category 5

19 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  22:37:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is it safe to say that if you recently purchased a Garmin and have been holding off ersgistering (to get a free upgrade) it's safe to finally register the unit?
Go to Top of Page

doubledee

5 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2008 :  22:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think so especially since the maps re being shipped out but to be safe give Garmin a call one of the CSR's can tell you.
Go to Top of Page

TVL

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2008 :  01:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started another thread earlier, but it has since been locked ......... sorry for any confusion that may have created. I will post my original concern here once again:

I just received a notice that a new map update is available for my Nuvi 750. It was my understanding map updates came out once per year and the update would occur around July or August.

If what I have stated is true, isn't it a little early for an update? IF it is an early release, is the update driven by greed and the desire to sell additional products?

TV
Go to Top of Page

danham

USA
7438 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2008 :  01:59:36  Show Profile  Visit danham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greed? How do you figure that? Map updates come out once a year. They are optional; nobody is forcing you to buy them. They are usually announced roughly this time of year. Yes, this year it is a little early, but how does that translate to "greed?"

Your other post was locked because it is a duplicate of this topic. You are welcome to voice your opinion here, though the big red font does seem a little over the top [grin].

-dan

- Nüvi forum moderator -
Nüvi 760 in a '14 VW GTI & zumo 660 on a BMW F800 ST
Guide to working with pre-programmed routes: >> details <<
Language Guide / US Topo / 350 & 680 / MacBook & Intel iMac with OS X & Win XP / BaseCamp / Cape Cod, MA

Edited by - danham on 15 avr. 2008 02:02:13
Go to Top of Page

SergZak

USA
1804 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2008 :  03:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TVL
IF it is an early release, is the update driven by greed and the desire to sell additional products?

When my GPS units were purchased, they were purchased with whatever maps were included with the units. The purchase price did not include free and unlimited map updates for the life of the unit. I knew that when I made my purchase.

True, maybe the release was early this year but maybe Garmin is now trying to provide the most current maps that are available to them (and in the end, to us, the user) in a timely manner rather than waiting for a specific time of the year. Isn't that what we all want? The most current and up to date map data available for a reasonable cost, regardless of the release date?

Edited by - SergZak on 15 avr. 2008 03:11:58
Go to Top of Page

ZX14NINJA

Canada
1010 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2008 :  06:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FWIW, the new maps hit the market around the same time every year since at least V6...they are always announced in April. Greed has nothing to do wiht it, but rather Garmin's desire to offer the best information available to its customers, in as timely a fashion as possible. something many other manufacturers should think about...
Go to Top of Page

TVL

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2008 :  12:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mercy! ............ is everyone reading more into my query than is really intended?

1- The red font: In my original post, and before it was locked, I received to responses. Neither response addressed my question. So, when I re-posted in this thread, I highlighted the text in hopes that it would get an individuals attention and hopefulluy the individual would read it more carefully. That was the only intent of the red/blue text.

2- A couple of the responses to my query in this thread questioned my intent of implying greed may be the culprit. If one were to read my post again, I would hope it is apparent I was not accusing anyone of anything. I asked in both questions: If what I stated is true and IF it is a early release. I would have thought the key word used here would have been "IF".

3- I am a Nuvi 750 owner since October of 2007. I have posted several times on this site and have never been negative and I have indicated my complete satisfaction with the Nuvi 750. This statement does not indicate a negative comment is a bad thing, it simply means I have not had a reason to do so as of yet.

4- So, back to my original concern: From all the information I had received after purchasing my unit, map updates came out once per year and not to look for one until early fall. Based on that information was the reason for one of my "IF" questions (If what I stated is true).

5- Greed ......... well there is plenty of that today. Once again, my "If" question (IF it is a early release) simply asked why. I am of the belief that when someone changes the "normal" method of doing business, there is a definite reason. It could be a simple matter of "it makes more business sense to do it differently", the business wants to offer a more frequent and up to date product (which is not always done in the best interest of the consumer) or some other reason such as the business wants to increase revenues. My "if" question was simply asking could this be the reason?

In closing, I did not mean for this post to be taken in a negative manner. My reasoning is that map updates are probably not necessary more than once per year. And yes, I realize I am not required to purchase each update. But, like most individuals, I feel the urge to purchase it anyway ............. thus the reason for asking my questions (manufacturers also know how we think).

TV
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05