Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2208

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 175

zeppex

57 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2010 :  14:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The GPRS format change from TK102. The new -2 series gives more information like altitude, voltage, GSM ID...
The format is the same for TK102-2 and TK103-2

On GPS poor signal, at the moment I never received a fake position.
Not yet well investigated.
When the device goes on an second level underground parking I get the last valid position till it loose GSM also.

xexun @ xexun.com

There are 2 commands I never used:
lowpowermode ON/OFF
gpsautosearch xxx seconds

The TK103-2 have a trigger to detect Car ignition ACC only to send SMS alarm.
You can set a reporting time of 2 hours.

Will investigate on power consumption.

@kensm
Do the Flycomos let you customize firmware ?
Go to Top of Page

zasud

29 Posts

Posted - 27 janv. 2010 :  12:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about the microphone sensitivity, is it better in TK102-2?

BTW, does it automatically powers on and began to transfer GPS coordinates by GPRS when the power is plugged in or the battery is installed?

P.S. Tryed to contact the Flycomos, but no answer from them. What is the retail price they offer for TK102-2?

Edited by - zasud on 27 janv. 2010 20:23:17
Go to Top of Page

kensm

41 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2010 :  01:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@zeppex
Yes, but im an old customer that order like 500+ trackers per month, so i got some things, like beta test new products :)
Go to Top of Page

kensm

41 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2010 :  01:48:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@zeppex
Forgot to question you, what does the WDTTEST123456 command do on the tk102-2 ?
I know it have another command that is called SAVE123456, it will save all your commands sent by sms or usb cable.
Go to Top of Page

zeppex

57 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2010 :  04:02:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No more sensitivity on mic on my opinion.
When in GPRS mode if you insert the battery or plug the power, the device starts sending, but also on my old TK102.

@kensm
Xexun says that can customize for 100 psc min order.
WDTTEST should reset the GSM module, it do it but, I think is better an hard reset of entire device. Anyway usefull I suppose.
SAVE123456 save commands where ? On SD card ?
I'm trying to get from Xexun a commands suite to manage roaming such stop sending GPRS or store to SD or better send but only every mile or 2.

There's LOWPOWERMODE123456
LOWBATT123456
the useless SHAKE123456
Only on TK103-2 FORTIFIED MODE

#zasud
Price for 1 pcs like demo should be around 90USD

Edited by - zeppex on 28 janv. 2010 04:03:59
Go to Top of Page

zasud

29 Posts

Posted - 28 janv. 2010 :  07:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about TK203 (Watch tracker), have anyone used it? Doest it have "move" feature (send GPRS coordinates only when it is moving)? And can it send google map URL with current coordinates by SMS?
Go to Top of Page

kensm

41 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2010 :  03:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@zappex

I found that command WDTTEST123456 is REALLY helpfull. I had 3 tk-102 with customers that wasnt working on gprs mode, only SMS. Instead of me going to their cars and hard reset it, this command just solved this problem like magic.

There's a command already on tk102-2 that does what you want, its called TLIMIT123456 200
200 is the number in metters of how many metters the tracker should report if moved from his original position. It saves alot of money on gprs data sending.

The shake123456 is not entirely useless. Think about if someone hit your car and just ran away, with the shake option you would be able to reach your car before the another driver leave the place. Well, thats somekind useless but it adds another function to your tracker.

I found that the commands LOWPOWERMODE123456, LOWBATT123456 and SHAKE123456 works on my firmware version, but i think the shake123456 should have the hardware needed to works, so its just enabled in the firmware, but not working at all.

Do you know what the LOWPOWERMODE123456 and LOWBATT123456 commands do?

To finish, theres a command called FORMAT, it just restore all the factory settings, even the password. Usefull if you lost your password or dont know what SOS phone numbers are.

@zasud
The MOVE command doesnt do what you want. It just warn you if your track has moved from his original position.
To send his position only when it moves by gprs, your firmware should support the TLIMIT command, that does this job.
About the gmaps URL, your provider should provide a customized firmware to you, so it sends the url with the url and current coordinates.

Regards.
Go to Top of Page

zeppex

57 Posts

Posted - 29 janv. 2010 :  13:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@kensm
SHAKE should works on TK102-2 Try with SHAKE123456 1
1 most sensitive
10 less sensitive
SHAKE123456 0 to disable.
Don't forget that TK102-2 can retrieve commands from GPRS
LOWPOWERMODE123456 1 put the device in sleeping mode
LOWBATT123456 not well documented should: only one time alert when the battery power is less than 3.7V.If the battery is more than 3.7V,many time alert again.

What I mean about roaming operations.
When the car go outside of the country, device begins to use strangers GPRS net with major cost on transactions.
Device should be able to detect roaming and perfom such operations.
The SD card function for now covers GPRS net failures only.
Go to Top of Page

eaglestrike

1 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2010 :  21:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FUGGIASCO

ciao Nico, io sto avendo problemi con il tracker dall'inizio. Non ha mai funzionato come da manuale. all'inizio niente sms con coordinate, solo sms con livello batteria.Un giorno ho impostato il comando move ed ha funzionato per tutta la sera, poi niente. Il giorno successivo ho impostato il comando speedalert ed ha ripreso a funzionare inviandomi le coordinate. Dal giorno successivo in poi niente più. Risponde quando gli squillo ma nell'sms di risposta di coordinate neanche a parlarne, solo il livello batteria e' indicato. A proposito il mio penso sia un clone. Fammi sapere del tuo. Ciao Ivano

Ciao, anche io ho acquistato il tk102 e ho avuto qualche problemino, per es. il links ke mi arrivano sul cell, riportatri sulla barra degli indirizzi del browser, continuano a dirmi invalid imei.

Per favore potresti fornirmi il link da cui hai scaricato il firmware e l'eventuale procedura?. Grazie.

Inoltre mi chiedo, il tk102 potrebbefunzionare da tracker/localizzatore? (vedi http://gpsed.com/) ti potrebbe esser utile.

Tks, bye.

Go to Top of Page

zasud

29 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2010 :  13:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to make car power adapter for TK102 to work without battery. With standard 220v > 5v adapter (which actually outputs 5.7 volts) it works perfectly, when the power is on it starts to send coordinates with GRPS but with car power adapter (tasted 2 adapters - on LM7805 (outputs 5.00volts, 1000mA), and sm34063 (5.80volts, 700mA) but with both of them the TK102 couldnt even register on GSM network, but the green led is flashing.

Also tried USB > MicroUSB cable, no luck.

What is the problem? The power consumption of TK102 is low enough: without charging the battery = 150mA, with battery = 500mA. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

zeppex

57 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2010 :  19:43:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@eaglestrike
Try to post here the url received by SMS
Please provide an email address to receive firmware and tools posted by suncomth on gen 14.
Go to Top of Page

AndrewH

Australia
60 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2010 :  22:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zasud

Trying to make car power adapter for TK102 to work without battery. With standard 220v > 5v adapter (which actually outputs 5.7 volts) it works perfectly, when the power is on it starts to send coordinates with GRPS but with car power adapter (tasted 2 adapters - on LM7805 (outputs 5.00volts, 1000mA), and sm34063 (5.80volts, 700mA) but with both of them the TK102 couldnt even register on GSM network, but the green led is flashing.

Also tried USB > MicroUSB cable, no luck.

What is the problem? The power consumption of TK102 is low enough: without charging the battery = 150mA, with battery = 500mA. Any ideas?

the 7805 is a linear regulator and the 34063 appears to be too. This is a very inefficient way of creating 5v in a car. All that extra energy is dissipated as heat. You have not given any detail on HOW you are using these devices. Unless you have a big ass heatsink on the 7805 it'd probably go into thermal shutdown pretty fast.

I suggest to go and get a $10 car phone charger and hook that up. They use a switchmode regulator and produce almost no heat. That's what i did and it works perfectly.
Go to Top of Page

zasud

29 Posts

Posted - 01 févr. 2010 :  08:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Car charger is made on SM34063 (its impulse - http://www.lnnewstar.com/download/PowerSupplyCircuits/sm34063.pdf) and TK102 dont power up the GSM module with it!
Go to Top of Page

suncomth

Pakistan
70 Posts

Posted - 01 févr. 2010 :  09:29:20  Show Profile  Visit suncomth's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i have tried 7805 IC and it works very good for me i just added 1 capacitor with output side for filteration.

maybe you are using wrong mini usb cable.

First i bought 1 usb cable by using this cable green light was flashing but tracker was not working proper.

then i buy another mini usb cable and used with same 7805 IC and it worked

7805 gives accurate 5volt and many mobile car chargers use same IC 7805

all the best
Go to Top of Page

AndrewH

Australia
60 Posts

Posted - 01 févr. 2010 :  12:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like suncomth is on the money there then - Perhaps it's the cable. My unit came with a charger cable with the 8 pin mini usb on one end and the other was a standard 2 pole female connector which the charger plugged in to. All i done is adapted the phone charger to the standard 2 pin female connector.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 175 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05