Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2166

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 175

TiLO

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  13:00:36  Show Profile  Visit TiLO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Altered the firmware would be more of a correct statement. Remember that the unit is already communicating via GPRS on TCP/IP and already communicates with ports on your server. So now it not only sends commands but also receives them and using the very same AT command set to flash and reboot the unit.

TiLO
Go to Top of Page

szangvil

31 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  15:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TiLO

Did you dis-assemble the .hex firmware file? How were you able to load your OWN firmware to the TK102?
Go to Top of Page

kokos

Greece
79 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  15:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think dis-assembling the .hex firmware is not so easy especially if it is a compiled version of some highend language as C e.t.c. and also the most possible way (for tk102 development team )to go is with included libraries e.t.c [ed]

Edited by - kokos on 06 mai 2009 15:47:37
Go to Top of Page

TiLO

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  17:40:07  Show Profile  Visit TiLO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are several readily available applications on the market that can be used to read and write to the flash memory. The Registers used in the unit is no secret and I think earlier in this forum someone stumbled onto one of the pdf documents written in chinese. Reading it carefully, you will see, not all of it is in chinese.I should have a copy of it somewhere and will share it with you. I am unfortunately in a binding contract with the company for whom I have developed the software so are not in a position to share it with you but I can tell you that there is more to flashing the unit than qhat meets the eye.
A good place to start would be to have a look at EEPROM software. By the way, there are some PIC software also developed by others that are running on the units. Fortunately I write in 13 languages so low level C and assembly is not much of an issue to me. The server software can be written in any language, as long as you can open and listen to a port.
Some documentation and a few other help items will be available at ftp://tiaan.dyndns.org/gpspassion as soon as I get my pigs in a row.

Good luck

TiLO
Go to Top of Page

TiLO

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  18:00:15  Show Profile  Visit TiLO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A friendly request:

the ftp site I have given you ftp://tiaan.dyndns.org/gpspassion is an open site and no passwords are required. You are free to use the site to share files and documentation if you wish to do so, but please do not alter or damage any of the content on the site. The site will be available 24/7.
The folder has been created and I will now start loading files. All of the utilities and files on the site will be what I have used when researching the siemens units.

TiLO
Go to Top of Page

kokos

Greece
79 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  21:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you mean by .."...here are some PIC software also developed by others that are running on the units"
As I have 5 years experience with pic mcu projects please be more specific.
Tk-102 I think is an excellent unit for its money and for further development etc!
Go to Top of Page

TiLO

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  00:27:08  Show Profile  Visit TiLO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My sincere apologies, power failure again. The site back up again and I could load.
Kokos, in that case you should be familiar with the various PIC modules and most of them make use of the intel hex format since this has become an industry standard. To flash the units, I had to see what the chinese application is doing and how it is communicating with the device. I used an application available from sysinternals called portmon and monitored the conversation between the device and the chinese application. (Portmon is available on the ftp site). I then wrote my own software application using visual studio to communicate with the device via the usb cable (long and short wire). I was not to fond of the chinese version in any case. Besides, the 15000 baud rate is not the case, and using portmon you will find that it uses 3 different baudrates to communicate with the unit.
Now using of the shelf applications, you can develop firmware for this device like you would for many other PIC's. By the way, do you have any knowledge Siemens PLC's???

TiLO
Go to Top of Page

TiLO

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  00:52:21  Show Profile  Visit TiLO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ftp://tiaan.dyndns.org/gpspassion is good to go.

TiLO
Go to Top of Page

soulvagabond

2 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  04:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, may I ask if any member of the forum with some reputation can reflash my Tk102 for some fee+ postage cost
I've just replaced a sim card with a new one, as I changed the location and the unit doesn't want to respond any more. Also it's having a hard time connecting to a gps lately. So hopefully reflashing will help.
Thanks a lot..
Nicolas

sorry forgot to mention, I'm from Europe
Go to Top of Page

kokos

Greece
79 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  09:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@soulvagabond
My friend I thibk we have provided enough infos here on how to make your own diy cable.
Have you any experience on soldering? Let meow so I can help you out with the proccess...
Go to Top of Page

szangvil

31 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  09:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@soulvagabond

You can buy the USB cable on eBay for $10 including shipping.

eBay item number: 170328446846

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-data-cable-for-gps-tracker_W0QQitemZ170328446846
Go to Top of Page

dymo

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  11:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Szangvil,

Thank you for the ebay link. I could't find the cable bei ebay.de in germany until I saw your post. I was simply trying to design it with a Nokia data cable (USB->Serial 3,3V), but it's difficult to find a micro usb plug connector with unsoldered contatcs or a cable with all necessary contacts. Now I've maked an order and in addition I try to finish the self-made one.

Edited by - dymo on 07 mai 2009 11:50:56
Go to Top of Page

dymo

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  11:58:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi TiLO,

Thank you for the link to your ftp server. I've downloaded many files. Now I've a great deal to do :).

You are very kind and an ideal for forum members.

Best regards
Dymo
Go to Top of Page

kokos

Greece
79 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  12:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you use szangvil link is THE BEST way to have a usb cable for tk-102 for both debug and fw update (if you don't want a diy cable or you have no soldering experience).
Thank you szangvil for the link.
Go to Top of Page

dymo

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2009 :  12:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@kokos,
you are right. Therefore I'v ordered it by ebay quickly. Is more then 40 years soldering experience for an electronic engineer enough to solder the USB cable? ;)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 175  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05