Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2297

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

janio

80 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2009 :  02:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Rembeita,

Well there are two ways:

1) Try upgrade the firmware, but as you say is a copy one, then you have a risk to kill your device or simple cant upgrade it, because if really a copy, maybe the hardware and sofware can be a little distinc of original one.

2) configure all device once, starting with a begin123456, then put it on the veicle or item to be trackeable and use a cable to keep it on, in others words never turn it off... So you think it is possible, yes is it, in min car i have one tk102 working more than 6months directly, no stops ;)

My question is: When u turn it off the device loose all configs?

Good luck!
Janio
Go to Top of Page

cembeita

1 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2009 :  03:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Janio, i have a problem with my other account so im using this one.

The response of your question Yes, I loose my configuration.

The copy that I have is the one that appears in this posts. The Device send an sms with the www.wxlxy.com/ .... or something like that have you ever tried to upgrade this device? or you have the original one?
Go to Top of Page

greenbay

10 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2009 :  10:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive just ordered one tk-102-2 and read through the forum, but since I havent used the product Ive a couple of simple questions. Thanks in advance.

1. What applications are there to use with tk102-2? Eg for communication, gpspositioning, configuring etc
2. Where do I get my firmwares for it?
3. What are there for development possibilities? Any platform, or software to use?

Micke
Go to Top of Page

szangvil

31 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2009 :  23:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cembeita

I have the TK102 with the www.wxlxy.com link in the SMS and I had not problems loading several different firmware versions. I don't have any new versions, only older ones. I never used the GPRS option so I don't know if they will help you or not.

greenbay
The most common way is to config the device via SMS. It is possible to use the USB cable to send config commands to it but it's a real pain in the a$$ to do that.
You should be able to get a firmware from your seller but they will give you a hard time before sending it to you. You can ask in this forum for a firmware.
About dev possibilities, I don't know of any. This is pretty much a black box. The manufacturers won't give/sell the code and in any case, their whole dev tools are in Chinese (like the STC-ISP tool).

In my opinion, this device is gr8 for SMS tracking. It still has too many problems with GPRS and not enough technical support to help you when you run into problems. If you want real time view of a "dot moving on map" you'll have to buy some other product/service that has a big company with proven technology and acutal customer support to back it up and not all those eBay sellers.
Go to Top of Page

kokos

Greece
79 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2009 :  12:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@greenbay
1.The apps that can be used are the same as TK102-1
ONE NOTE: If you order from Xexun make sure they have the fw installed in -2 that supports data format as their 1st version as it could be incompatible if you want to use for example www.gpsgate.com service.
2. firmware updates does not officially exists for the moment
3.One major thing (except for updated features) that liked very much on the newer version is the updated MCU processor that is now an ARM7 based high-performance 32-bit RISC Microcontroller w(LPC2134 uP!) with
128KB on-chip Flash ROM , CPU clock up to 60 MHz and much more so I think there is plenty possibilities for expansion !

@szangvil
Although I agree that maybe there are other solutions for REAL-TIME tracking I think TK-102 from Xexun are excellent devices for what they have to offer in this price.

@averyone aked/wanted to know the differences between version 1 and 2:
1. Altitude
2. Direction
3. Number of satellite
4. Battery strength
5. There is SD card slot in TK101-2,TK102-2. The GPRS data can be saved in SD card
6. Send commands to set up the tracker via server or via hypter terminal directly.
7. The minimum auto-tracking interval time is 5s instead of 30s. (measured 9 real!)
8. The accuracy is better
The better part…
32-bit RISC Microcontroller w(LPC2134 uP!) with
128KB on-chip Flash ROM , CPU clock up to 60 MHz (in tk102-2 runs at aroubnf 11MHZ though.)

Edited by - kokos on 04 mai 2009 12:18:01
Go to Top of Page

dymo

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2009 :  16:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kokos,

It's very interesting, what you wrote here.
How can I order this tracker? Do You know its part number or clear description, the ordering address and the price?
How can I understand and do this: "If you order from Xexun make sure they have the fw installed in -2 that supports data format as their 1st version as it could be incompatible if you want to use for example www.gpsgate.com service."

Regards
Dymo
Go to Top of Page

LosDaanos

6 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  00:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I just got a TK102 to and I was wondering if somebody can tell me what the voltage of the external battery's is that are sold on Ebay: 3,6V or 5V, and do they connect to the mini usb port of the tracker.

I also would like to know if it would be safe to connect it with 4AA Alkaline batteries on the mini usb port, that would make 6V instead of 5volts supply voltage (NI-MH battery's would be the other/safe alternative).

I have cut open (and closed it with shrinking tube) a cheap sanyo usb camera cable and rewired it so I can charge my unit with universal usb chargers, and connect it to battery trays/packs.

Any information would be welcome.

Thanks!

Edited by - LosDaanos on 05 mai 2009 00:35:34
Go to Top of Page

dymo

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  14:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi LosDaanos,

I think that the voltage of the external battery must be 5V., so the external battery must be consist of 4 NiCa- or NiMH-cells (4 x 1,25V), because the USB connector shuld have only 5V.

The usage of 4 Alkaline batteries can not recommended, because they have together 6V. and this is too high for the USB connection furthermore the Alkaline batteries are not rechargable. They are in the length of time too expensive.
Go to Top of Page

LosDaanos

6 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  18:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi dymo,

Thanks for your reply! It is a relatively cheap tracker but frying it in seconds would make it a expensive one :)

Maybe I will do some tests with a 1n4148 diode in series with 4 alkaline battery's to create a 0.7 volt voltage drop.

Go to Top of Page

dymo

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  20:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 1N4148 is a low-power diode (IFmax=450mA). I would take a 1N400X (X=1..7) or 2 parallel 1N4148 :)
Remember: With 4 Alkaline batteries you should accept a power loss approximately 30%.

P.S.: I have a picture for you but I don't know how can I upload it here.

Edited by - dymo on 05 mai 2009 20:54:19
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94029 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  22:14:40  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A quick search would have yielded this http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14251 to upload your pictures and share them here.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

dymo

Germany
133 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2009 :  23:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear gpspassion,

Thank you for the link.
And here is the promised picture (a little too large): ;)

[ED - yes too large, please resize it !]
Yes Sir!
Small enough?

Edited by - dymo on 05 mai 2009 23:38:02
Go to Top of Page

TiLO

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  00:52:40  Show Profile  Visit TiLO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there all,
I am new here but have a bit of experience in the TK 102 unit. I am rather impressed with the attempts made by dquintao. You are quite right, you can communicate with the device via the pc, and I have been doing it for quite some time. I have written software for a company in South Africa that is currently using more than 1000 units in the market.
I have also added some additional functionality to the units, the best version being able to update the software remotely via FTP. Although I do not understand the units functionality that well yet, I have found it to be quite the same as other units I have developed software for, all manufactured in China. I am in full time employ of a company developing software for the banking industry, doing mobile credit and debit card transactions and I have found this forum to be one of the best I have participated in. Keep up the good work!

TiLO
Go to Top of Page

TiLO

South Africa
23 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  02:17:02  Show Profile  Visit TiLO's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, and dont forget to use a limiting resistor when trying out your diode to drop the voltage.

TiLO
Go to Top of Page

kokos

Greece
79 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  07:32:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Tilo
'..I have also added some additional functionality to the units, the best version being able to update the software remotely via FTP..."
You mean that you have developed your own Firmware also! because as far as I can figure out uploading fw remotely via FTP tk102 must also support this feature!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05