Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

shornw

4 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  10:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is really starting to **ss me off. This is turning out to be a complete waste of time. I have re-initialised the device in the middle of an open air car park (my Sat-Nav was showing full sat signal) and once again I was standing about 2 miles off-shore at Winchelsea (50.844910 000.769900). I am in fact about 65 miles west of this location.

I removed battery and SIM card, replaced battery and powered up and the green light started flashing after a minute or so which I take to mean that it is detecting GPS. I then replaced SIM and powered up, initialised and after about 5 mins got a message telling me that I must be swimming cos once again I was in the bloody sea.

Where can I get the equipment ot upgrade the firmware...my only other option is a 20oz Estwing.

Can anyone suggest anything else? Am I inputting the data incorrectly into Google Earth (I am inputting it exactly as received (see above))

HEEEEEEELP!!!!!

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

GPSKlaus

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  12:16:56  Show Profile  Visit GPSKlaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@shornw

Its only an idea, but maybe your problem has something to do with your longitudes being quite close to zero meridian. Maybe there is a software problem ONLY occuring in cases like this. So in case you have the chance to operate your tracker in a location lets say above 1 degrees east or west, you should try this. Of course this will NOT solve the problem, but maybe it will help to come a little bit closer to possible solutions.

Klaus
Go to Top of Page

janio

80 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2008 :  19:43:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@shornw,

Man Really complicate that, not impossible your device is bronked... Its happens :( Well Try go to another place and make more tests, if the geo keeping come wrong you can ask the seller to replace or refund you.

Regards
Go to Top of Page

trackmego

1 Posts

Posted - 11 oct. 2008 :  00:17:27  Show Profile  Visit trackmego's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've just taken delivery of my TK and am looking forward to playing with it. For those looking at alternatives, the Tramigo T22 is worth a look... www.TrackMeGo.net / www.TMGanywhere.com / www.tramigo.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

wschiro

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 12 oct. 2008 :  17:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@trackmego

the look seems well, but do you have this device or anybody
an expirience?
Go to Top of Page

sato-san

4 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  17:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi shornw,

have you ever tried the unit outside the car?
Where does your car have the GPS-antenna? On the outer surface??
Does your car have a rain sensor on it's windscreen shielding GPS signals....?

If all this doesn't help, rely on your dealers warranty.
The firmware of this device is somewhat strange, why should the hardware be always perfect??????

regards,

sato-san

[quote]Originally posted by shornw

.... I have re-initialised the device in the middle of an open air car park (my Sat-Nav was showing full sat signal)......

Where can I get the equipment ot upgrade the firmware...my only other option is a 20oz Estwing.

Can anyone suggest anything else? ...

unfortunately my signature is lost.
Go to Top of Page

kensm

41 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  20:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody,

Does anyone have used the feature SMS CENTER?
I cant get this thing to work.
Also, is there and SMS command that return to me the coords from an authorized number?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

fabaya

Argentina
38 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2008 :  08:55:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a look: http://www.gpstrack.xtremeweb.de/lang/en/sid/1223967288ZlNTd/
Go to Top of Page

John-millward

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  14:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello people,
Please let me introduce myself my name is john, I have just recently purchased the Tk 102 GPS Tracker and Iam trying to make it work but I am having problems, the instruction booklet provided is about as much good as a ash tray on a motor cycle.

Can anybody give me simple clear instructions on how to work the unit, as the unit keeps on replying fail.

Many Thank`s,

John.

john millward
Go to Top of Page

megman

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 18 oct. 2008 :  21:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John, I'm also called john from Cleveland (UK).
What is your first question?
Go to Top of Page

John-millward

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2008 :  13:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

Thank you for your quick responce, I have managed to now get the thing to work after reading through the whole of the forum. I still can`t believe how rubbish the manual is, I dont know if you can still help me but where would be the best place to get a power cable from so that I can run it directly off the mains / car etc.

if you can help please give me a call on: 07976 861100.

Cheer`s,

John.

P.S Very useful site this.

john millward
Go to Top of Page

megman

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2008 :  19:19:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John, my unit came with a mains adaptor that gives out 5VDC. This plugs into a seperate battery charger holder for charging my spare battery.
It also plugs into a little 6 inch cable with a female jack at one end and micro USB the other for connection to my TK102. When I connect to my car in a few weeks I'll need to find a 12V to 5V convertor then wire that to the 6 inch cable. Reading through some articles on pages 15 ish, some lads have sourced a micro USB from RS or Farnell, this could be wired to the car (via 12v to 5v convertor). I don't think the TK102 will take 12V direct. I will need to google for a suitable 12/5v DC/DC, possibly Farnell or RS again. I'm sure other lads have done this and may have part numbers they could publish?
If not, I'll give you the details when I do it on my week of (week after next).
Cheerio, John.
Go to Top of Page

John-millward

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2008 :  06:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,
I`ve been doing some digging and found you can get a proper hard wire and plug in charger from a company called nxiaolen. If you google this name you will find he has a shop on E-Bay, or you can email him @ nxiaolen@yahoo.com.

Thankyou for your help John.

John.

john millward
Go to Top of Page

dyode

3 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2008 :  11:54:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello

I have a problem with the connection "GPRS" from "TK102," because I do not connect.
In making the configuration of the APN gives me ok but with the "user & pass" gives me the bug.
how can solve the problem?

This is the information that I have, including the log, communication of the modem:

NO CARRIER

+CMTI: "SM",1
AT+CMGR=1
+CMGR: "REC UNREAD","+34XXXXXXXXX",,"08/10/21,22:37:38+08"
APNUSER123456 MOVISTAR

OK
AT+CMGD=1
OK
AT+CMGS="+34XXXXXXXXX"
> APN FAIL!
+CMGS: 8

OK

> adminip ok!
+CMGS: 211

OK
AT+CMGF=1
OK
AT+CSCLK=1
OK
AT+CADC?
+CADC:1,1781

OK
ATE1
OK
AT+CREG?
+CREG: 0,1

OK
AT+CIPCSGP=1,"movistar.es"
OK
AT+CIPSPRT=0
OK
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy","pppp"
OK

CONNECT FAIL

STATE: IP IND

+PDP: DEACT
AT+CIPCLOSE
ERROR
AT+CIPCLOSE
ERROR
AT+CIPCLOSE
ERROR
AT+CIPCLOSE
ERROR
AT+CIPCLOSE
ERROR
AT+CIPCLOSE
ERROR
AT+CIPSHUT
STATE: PDP DEACT

SHUT OK

Sorry for the English.
greetings
thanks
Go to Top of Page

iamtazz2u

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2008 :  07:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello all, and thank you for being here. I too have purchased the tk 102 and im supprised at how difficult this product is to get it to show up on a map automatically. so here goes on the questions.
I think all the newbies will like the answeres to the folling questions. including me :)

1. GPRS : does the phone company consider this a phone call or Text message ? (using At&t)

2. what is the SMS CENTER The book gives the impression that you can recive a SMS back from it, but im unable to get it to send me a text back, it does say its ok when i configure it as shown in book. or is there a way to get the device to send a text back to me from sending it a text. (( this would save on cost of air time. My plan charges me $1.00 USD a day if i use air time + per min. ))

3 Note & Queston : Does this device use a system like caller ID. if it does, then why does it need to pickup and hang up the phone. (( if the firmware in the unit can be modifyed to use caller ID to activat a SMS send. This would save a lot of money for the SMS users and would only cost $20 a month to operate with unlimited SMS in the US ))

4. does any one have a fully function software package ready for the tk-102 That will let me view the device's location via the internte on demand ? or a server software package for Vista.

5. Most of the sellers of this unit are pushing google maps or google earth. I know a lot of you programers are working on this or have already compleated this software to use the tk-102 with google maps or google earth... SO... where is it :) or where can we buy it :) Vista OS

6. Has any one looked at the software called gateserver. Im currently working on getting it installed. and looks verry promissing for those of us that can't program. but it also is it's own challenge.

7. If we wanted to know what firm ware we have on the tk-102. what would we half to do to find out ?
for those of us who want to stay up to date.

8 Can the on/off button be disabled ? or can the unit be turned back on from SMS or GPRS ?

Thank's to every one !! I have looked all over the net and this is the only place I have found with information in detail on the tk-102 GPS device.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05