Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

janio

80 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  13:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[SNIP]

Hi Marco,

Yes you´re Right, my use is really for location, but I saw a example where the route of car is very good accurate each curve, street, then I think before that other device or sent every 5s to 10s OR the developer use some function in Google API to detect which street the carr pass-by then make the conversion :D

Well, I liked the device, pretty cool, really good for location, and that ok for my demand, but really 30s is big time, and I saw someting is the delay to make a request, per example if you configure the device to sent via GPRS and call to it, the script dont get imediatly the location, I think the device have around 5s of delay to can make the position. BUT not sure if because im using a php script to recive the data, i no think so because i used the krojav software here and same delay...

I will continue studing that device and will search for anothers models also, for me is interesting too a function to block the car, I think in try modify the function Microphone to when activate it will call a car block in theyf case.

Thanks for good repply.

Regards
Janio
Go to Top of Page

neo.seal

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  14:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@janio

"block the car" you mean stop the engin? this is posible with other device, but in germany its illegal.
Because what will happend when thief drive on highway and you stop the engin? when he or others die, than its your fault.
And what will happen if you drive on highway and the device got shorting plug than you can hurt, too.
So i think device with feature "stop engins" is very very dangerous!

greets Markus
Go to Top of Page

janio

80 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  14:35:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, MAKES THE FORUMS EASIER TO READ, THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
Well the idea is not stop engine fast, here in brazil most people use a block in gas, it cut the gas then the car will decreasing the power to start stop, not automatic in few time the car will start slow down then stop... Here it is legal used for many big company survelance here.

;)
Thanks
Janio
Go to Top of Page

john6468

26 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  14:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by janio

@john,

Yes you right, not a simple cable, that muste be a reazon because the seller told-me before cant give no more cables like that, he tell-me is very expensive then if I get mores device he cant give-me more usb-cables.

I dont know here can found the rs232, I see on ebay a convertor but not sure if will work...

Best regards,
Janio

"very expensive"...well for several euros you can find a USB to RS232 converter and for several euros you can find a micro usb connector. So this piece of hardware you have is absolutely NOT expensive just from the material. The only problem we have here for making such a cable by ourselve is to find the correct pinning of the serial interface at the micro usb connector.
I think there is absolutely no chance to find such a cable on the market, it is specific to the TK102, so we have to build it by ourselve.
Go to Top of Page

ghi001

Belgium
62 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  15:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did you see accurate position with this device ?

Marc
Go to Top of Page

janio

80 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  16:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john6468

"very expensive"...well for several euros you can find a USB to RS232 converter and for several euros you can find a micro usb connector. So this piece of hardware you have is absolutely NOT expensive just from the material. The only problem we have here for making such a cable by ourselve is to find the correct pinning of the serial interface at the micro usb connector.
I think there is absolutely no chance to find such a cable on the market, it is specific to the TK102, so we have to build it by ourselve.

I Agree, the cost of production is cheap, but really because that maybe dont had maked in mass production then the cost is high, well i have no idea of price, just say whats the seller had told-me.

;)
Regars
Go to Top of Page

neo.seal

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  17:55:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[NOTE BY ADMIN – PLEASE READ EMAIL SENT VIA THE FORUMS – DELETE NOTE AFTER READING, THANKS]
Go to Top of Page

GPSKlaus

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  20:05:31  Show Profile  Visit GPSKlaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"very expensive"...well for several euros you can find a USB to RS232 converter and for several euros you can find a micro usb connector................

Be very careful, as far as we found out, in/out of TK102 is using micro USB, but nevertheless its a serial data connection and voltage levels supposely are 3Vpp TTL only. So feeding with RS232 levels could spoil the processor inside the tracker!

USB<>RS232 adaptors can be used, but ( in case we dont want to go inside ) an external level converter between RS232 and 3Vpp-TTL is necessary. So we are back again with using the good old MAX3232 in addition.

Klaus

Edited by - GPSKlaus on 07 sept. 2008 20:07:11
Go to Top of Page

john6468

26 Posts

Posted - 07 sept. 2008 :  21:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes no problem GPSKlaus, I have just forgotten to include the MAX3232 in my sentence:
Serial PC interface (on USB or not) + MAx3232 + micro usb connector, that's all we need. (and knowledge of the micro usb pinning).
Go to Top of Page

wschiro

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2008 :  09:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neo.seal

@wschiro
who say that?

Xenun's sales department
Go to Top of Page

stupidjunior

4 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2008 :  19:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been using this unit for about a month. originally, when set for movement alert, i would get a reply about every 3 minutes. recently, i would only get replies every 7 minutes. this is too long of a gap for tracking. the vehicle is traveling the same route everyday, so its not a question of reception. is there a way to set it for more frequent movement repsonses?
Go to Top of Page

ghi001

Belgium
62 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2008 :  19:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stupidjunior,
When you send the SMS for the move alert, you set it @ home for exemple ? and then when you go out the circle of 200m, you receive a alert every 3 minutes (normaly). What's append when you arrive at work for exemple, the device continue to send every 3 minutes a alerts ? or you send a sms nomove ?
Thanks.
Marc

Marc
Go to Top of Page

janio

80 Posts

Posted - 08 sept. 2008 :  22:32:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Friends,

This days I had noted something curious.
For the turn off the device not so easy, when press and hold the OFF button, some times the device do nothing, but when will Turn off the led blik few times fast and hold on then I holdoff the button and finally the device turned off (I THINK Because the led stay off)

BUT I dont removed the battery and in next day when I try turn ON again the device I cant, because the battery havent no more charge...

Somebody have checked that ?

I really Dislike the Turn ON and OFF of that device, I think the right is when you put the battery the device stay off, ON only when you press the button... I worry if remove and put battery can damage the circuit.

Well Is it.

Thanks
Janio
Go to Top of Page

neo.seal

Germany
22 Posts

Posted - 09 sept. 2008 :  08:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Janio

you are right. i have the same problems with ON and OFF.
Go to Top of Page

john6468

26 Posts

Posted - 09 sept. 2008 :  09:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are those problems present in all firmware versions?
Somebody said that some firmware versions had influence on the on/off feature after plugging the battery.

How many firmware version are there? Is there a history of bug corrections?
Is it possible to know the firmware version of the device without the programming cable (through SMS for example)?

Such a basic service is offered by each manufacturer through his webpage even for very cheap devices like a DVD-reader/recorder...its just impossible to understand why Xexun is not offering this.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,89 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05