Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2446

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2011 :  20:59:03  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Krister
Read again my post : 90 bytes for position report. 16 bytes is only the hearbeat "<imei>;"
imei:3*************7,tracker,1109301631,,F,163114.323,A,4342.4897,N,00237.5754,E,26.52,;

Now the excess may comes because of the way mobile company handles EDGE/3G connection : it is per session, with a minimum billing per session (from 10KB to 100KB depending on telco).
Note that tracker most probably use EDGE and not GPRS as most of the time GPRS is billed on time while EDGE/3G is billed on data volume.

I am using a pre-payed card with 300MB/month for 5€ included without detailled billing, so I can't check myself... ( Lycamobile.fr but apparently Lycamobile.es does not have this )

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
Using: CompeGPS Land 7 | LocusPro | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102 | MoBAC
Used: Look N500 | iPaq314 | CartoExp.3D | OziExp.PC | OziExp.CE | TomTomGoLive950
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2011 :  21:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And what would that heartbeat be for? My tracker sends data every 5 minutes. Not just a heartbeat or a keep alive signal, but all the information (maybe those 90 bytes, I never checked)
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  12:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krister

And what would that heartbeat be for?
Depends on the make of the tracker and what requests are being sent from the server.

Coban trackers can send a 'keep alive' message every minute, if no request has been seen from the server.

Xexun trackers do not seem to do that.

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  19:58:15  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Technogoat,
Do you know if there is a way to disable the hearbeat on Coban (apart from the obvious solution to switch back to SMS mode) ?

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Using: CompeGPS Land 7 | LocusPro | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102 | MoBAC
Used: Look N500 | iPaq314 | CartoExp.3D | OziExp.PC | OziExp.CE | TomTomGoLive950
Go to Top of Page

pmlewisuk

15 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  10:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Desnaturado

I'm interested in your daemon-solution (Linux) to receive GRPS messages from the TK-102!

Where can I download it from?

Regards

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  11:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

Technogoat,
Do you know if there is a way to disable the hearbeat on Coban
No command that I know of.

I send single track requests from the server to the tracker whenever I want the position (maximum time of 60 seconds; sometimes more frequently).

When the tracker sees requests at this rate, it does not send any heartbeat messages. :)

I still have software on the server to reply to the heartbeat if it ever came.

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  15:19:28  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also do reply to the tracker on the hearbeat (ON or LOAD I don't remember) but it doesn't stop sending the heartbeat.
Not a problem anyhow.

Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  21:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
barbudor: if I did not misunderstood Technogoat, he does not receive heartbeat because his server sends position requests regularly instead of commanding the tracker to send coordinates regularly.
Eg. he does not use the t005s***n123456 command (or whatever is used, maybe fix005s***n123456 for Coban trackers), but instead the server asks for one coordinate at a time, and it does this at every 60 seconds.
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2011 :  00:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly so. My server sends Single Track requests, which generate only one reply.

Incidently, the format of the Coban requests sent from the server is not the same as the format of the SMS messages. A good description of the Coban GPRS commands can be found on Page 80 of this topic.

Go to Top of Page

endeavour

New Zealand
4 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2011 :  09:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone found a successful way to turn off GPRS without losing the IP and APN settings. I can do it with 'begin', or by sending a false timing request like 't000s000n123456'
Edited to add. my device is TK102.

Edited by - endeavour on 25 oct. 2011 06:23:22
Go to Top of Page

pmlewisuk

15 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2011 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to include but it's from an old post!

What do I put in for the key value if running on a local PC?
I know I change port number, key, any other items?

thanks

Mark

quote:
Originally posted by dymo

quote:
Originally posted by polius

hello.
my TK102 send for me data like
0907010514,370********,GPRMC,051407.721,A,5442.8446,N,02517.0040,E,13.84,75.74,010709,,,A*61,L,imei:************,1051,
can I use simple software like xexun_GPSTrackerServer.html for tracking?
please send me a link there I can download this software?
I download http://drop.io/gps_tracker_240808 but data format is bad.

Check this one!
http://www.Gpspassion.com/upload2/xexun_GPSTrackerServer_NSEW.rar

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2011 :  15:31:02  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strangely my Coban sends the heartbeat even when in "nofix" (manual request).

Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2011 :  18:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

Strangely my Coban sends the heartbeat even when in "nofix" (manual request).
Yes, I think that is correct.

When in GPRS mode, the GPS102 tracker will send a heartbeat message every minute unless it has been given a 'disable multi tracking' command, in which case it will just go quiet (and I think the connection will then eventually time out - unless it is sent another command).

Go to Top of Page

osud492

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2011 :  17:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Had my tk102 hard wired into my car. I think it was wired into the ignition switch so that when the key is turned on so would the tracker. However, after the first day I have lost all comminucation with device. If the battery has ran down and the unit has turned itself off, would the device turn itself back on when power went to it as from the ignition? Or does the device need a constant power supply in order to stay turned on? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2011 :  17:39:17  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On my Coban TK102, it automatically turns on when power is applied to the "usb" connector. Then if power is cut, then it will stay on using the internal battery until the battery is deplated.
Then if power comes back again, it will turns on again.

Go to Top of Page

osud492

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2011 :  18:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok great, thanks!!! Is there a way then for the gps tracker.com program to begin tracking evry time it turns on? I'm wanting to make sure that I catch every move this vehicle makes, and that the tracking program will automatically capture moves once the device powers back on?
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 27 oct. 2011 :  12:24:50  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If the tracker is switched-off while in auto-send mode, it will resume in the same conditions at power-up.

Go to Top of Page

larzendk

Denmark
1 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2011 :  16:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there

I have now read the hole forum (took 3 days)and i have a problem

I bought a TK-102 14 days ago from makeitec, and yes its a clone

I can only get the GPRS to work with GPS-tracker.net (it free until 31/10) when i enter another IP eg. to Orange it turns the GRPS off.

Can anyone help with this?

Best regards from Denmark
Go to Top of Page

GusCokes

Greece
1 Posts

Posted - 29 oct. 2011 :  19:38:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi all,
i didnt really read the hole forum, but parts of it.

i have a tk102 which is not working, although it used to work when i got it.

i dont really know if its clone or not, but at xenun website check imei number says NO.

with the help of the forum i managed to reprogrammed it with gpr_car.hex file but it didnt fix it

so i used the accessport.exe and thats what i found out

/AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,2

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

+CREG: 0,0

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CBAND=?

+CBAND: (PGSM_MODE,DCS_MODE,PCS_MODE,EGSM_DCS_MODE,GSM850_PCS_MODE)

OK
AT+CBAND="GSM850_PCS_MODE"

OK
AT+CPOWD=1

NORMAL POWER DOWN

again and again

the at commands tells me that it cannot register to network
then it selects GSM850_PCS_MODE band mode
and then power down

i live in Greece i have a Vodafone GR sim card wich works in other cells, no pin, and i know that Vodafone GR uses gsm900

i tried to send (with both (long and short) usb cables AT commands, but i dont get any respond.

Sorry for long post, anyone can help?

thnx in advance

20-11-2011
well i add some pics, its sim300, and maybe help recognize if clone or not

Edited by - GusCokes on 20 nov. 2011 18:19:54
Go to Top of Page

tzum

1 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2011 :  12:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problema settaggio
Salve, vi spiego il mio problema: il tracker tk102 funziona nel senso che mi manda coordinate precise (chiamandolo) anche se i dati di speed sono sbagliati essendo il veicolo fermo, e anche l' ora... Ad ogni modo funziona anche negli spostamenti, c' è solo un piccolo particolare, non riesco a settarlo, al famigerato messaggio "begin123456" il sistema non ha mai risposto, ne hai messaggi di cambio password nè a quelli di allarme movimento che poi era quello che mi interessava maggiormente. Qualche idea per il reset o meglio dire per l' inizializzazione? Grazie
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2011 :  16:24:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted in Italian by tzum

The tracker TK102 works in the sense that sends it me precise coordinates even if the data is wrong because the speed of the vehicle is stationary at the current time.

However it also works intermittently. I can not reset it. The infamous message "begin123456" does not give any response, neither do password change messages or motion alarm messages (which interested me most).

Any idea how to reset, or intitialise, the tracker?

Thanks

Si potrebbe provare ad inviare format123456

Edited by - Technogoat on 04 nov. 2011 19:09:09
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2011 :  18:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Technogoat,
The original message is not in spanish, but in italian...! :)
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 04 nov. 2011 :  19:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So it is. Thank You. Google just translated it for me - even though I asked for Spanish !
(much too clever, unlike me! )

Post edited to correct the mistake - - and my answer.

Edited by - Technogoat on 04 nov. 2011 19:23:02
Go to Top of Page

osud492

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2011 :  19:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of an instruction guide or directions on using gpstrackerxy.com (GPS Tracker.net)?
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2011 :  20:26:44  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, but why not using any of many others available sites.
I've started to make a list of such sites on the french version of GpSpassion here : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=142644
Look for Table 3.
If you feel a similar list would be valuable also on the english side of the forum, let me know.

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2011 :  12:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would surely love to see that list also in english, but knowing of its existence in french is also good news, thanks! :)
Go to Top of Page

slon_yurkiv

1 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2011 :  22:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you resolv your problem with flashing tk102 ?
I had same problem and contact with Xenus they are send me new firmware and now evrythink ok. If you need help write me to: yurkiv @ mail dot ru and I resend message to you.
Best regards

quote:
Originally posted by GusCokes

hi all,
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CBAND=?

+CBAND: (PGSM_MODE,DCS_MODE,PCS_MODE,EGSM_DCS_MODE,GSM850_PCS_MODE)

OK
AT+CBAND="GSM850_PCS_MODE"

OK
AT+CPOWD=1

NORMAL POWER DOWN

again and again

Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2011 :  01:20:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would surely love to see that list also in english, but knowing of its existence in french is also good news, thanks! :)
Agreed
The list looks most interesting.
Go to Top of Page

osud492

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 13 nov. 2011 :  20:37:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, Finally got my device to start working on gprs on now it will not communicate with me. I have tried both sms and gprs functions and no response for up to 2 days. Then all the sudden it will reply to all sms commands sent at once, almost like the power was turned off and then came on. I know the power has not been lost to device. Any idea why it may be taking such long delays to respond??? As I mentioned earlier, the device had been working fine for the past few days? Thanks for any help!!!
Go to Top of Page

Frank.monisert

Guatemala
1 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2011 :  11:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello All.

looking for some Free tracking site for my TK102 gps tracker.
anyone have some good URL?

am not looking for payed sites, only free for using.

Frank.
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2011 :  11:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out gps-trace.com , good choice for personal use I think.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2011 :  14:23:25  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It does not work with all trackers. At least I've not been able to use my Coban tracker with it while it works well with GpsGate.
Have a look to my Index topic here : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143211

Edited by - barbudor on 14 nov. 2011 14:24:42
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2011 :  23:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone know about command TLIMIT on Xexun trackers? I found out on the manual on their tracker XT107, but it seems it also works on TK102-2 and TK103-2.

TLIMIT usage:
Send "tlimit+password 50" (50m is the distance, 1-6000m set), reply "tlimit ok!". This function is for auto tracking only, if the later position is 50m away or more with the position before, it will send SMS or GPRS data. If less than 50m, it will not send in order to save SMS or GPRS fee.
"tlimit+password 0" to disable tlimit.

I am testing it now with my tracker, it seems to be working ok, it is not moving now and it has not sent any information in almost 3 hours. It should start sending again tomorrow morning when I start moving again.

Only problem I see now is that this should give more battery life, and save on GPRS usage (good for those who pay by the Mb, I do), but I had an alarm on gps-trace.com that would warn me when the tracker stoped sending data for more than 60 minutes, and this alarm now will be worthless :(
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2011 :  14:08:39  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what I've seen, in GPRS mode trackers always maintain the connection, so it doesn't seems to save battery life (I would be happy that someone report the opposit )
I've seen extended battery life only in SMS mode.

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2011 :  15:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think so, at least with Xexun trackers. Using only TK102 internal battery, when sending GPRS data every 1 minute it lasts for about 12 hours, when sending data every 5 minutes, it lasts about 24 hours. With tlimit hopefully it would last more if at times it is not sending data.

I also remember doing tests sending data to myself and analising it with Wireshark, that every time I was receiving data, it was coming from a different IP; like every 5 minutes, it was opening a new GPRS connection and sending data to me, and it was not always coming from the same IP. Don't know for sure if they maintain the connection for a given time, but I am 100% sure that the more often you send data, battery life is shorter.
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2011 :  22:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know yet if it will save any battery, but it surely will save on data usage. When the unit is stoped it usually "hops" around a little bit, and now using tlimit now all that data is not sent.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  00:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi krister,

please try to do this:

lowpowermode123456 1

I have experienced that battery lifetime will increase up to 3 days. GPS fixes will be decreased to 10 minutes.
This command will take effect on TK102-2, as far as i know not to the TK102 (old one).

Best regards from germany
Boris Krones
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  00:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"lowpowermode ok!"

I have my TK102-2 sending me data every 5 minutes, should I also change it to 10 minutes then? With "lowpowermode" the GPS coordinates will only be updated every 10 minutes?

I wonder why Xexun do nopt update their manuals, there are many usefuil commands not documented, like format, tlimit, lowpowermode... :(
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  20:16:02  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
.. photos not quoted ...

Wouah. It seems like you have superpowers to go through walls
Or are you flying like Superman ?

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  22:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do have superpowers, of course :D
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  01:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With these units, how do you know if its a fake or not a fake?? is this the actual manufacturer? http://www.xexun.com/
i put in the Imei number and it comes up with NO! yet the person i got it from says it is genuine and not a fake.
How do i tell? and where do i get the real deal from if mine is fake?
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  02:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One problem here is that different manufacturers do not see themselves as 'fakes'. They are 'genuine' trackers.

One of the other manufactures is Coban; and I have found their trackers to be very reliable and generally very good.

Trying to identify which units any of the sellers have for sale is not easy - particular sellers using Ebay. However, most sellers will tell you if you ask - because they do not want negative feedback if they sell you the wrong thing.

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  03:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Xexun is the original manufacturer for these trackers, the first one making them. Later more companies started making the same tracker, using the same external dessign, packaging, even copying the manual/box; most of them also call them TK102, which makes it confusing (and clearly the reason is to make it so, so it can not be easily seen that it is not a Xexun unit).

So feel free to call other companies clone units, fake, copies, whatever you want. There are actually companies that do not try to sell their trackers as Xexun, just as other cheaper options on the market.

The fact that puting your unit IMEI on Xexun web page gives you a NO, it means that your unit is surely not manufactured by Xexun.
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  05:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where can i get the real xexun ones from?
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  11:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Xexun? Unless you say from what country you are from, we can not tell you anything closer to you.
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  12:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

From Xexun? Unless you say from what country you are from, we can not tell you anything closer to you.

australia, i have been to xexun's website and theres no where to buy it from them or any info about retailers.
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  13:30:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@wozzzzza

You can order directly by mail / msn.

@krister

The imei check is only working with newer units, old units are not covered by imei ckeck.
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  13:57:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It appears that none of the manufacturers feel confident enough to put their name on the products.

The trackers, boxes and manuals are all anonymous.

Surely, not the way to do serious business - even for gadgets.

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  20:00:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Grottenolm

I know, Xexun web site is not a 100% effective way to tell if a tracker is legit. Older units from before they use that system are not on their database, so they do not come out as originals. I know that there are also some copies that come out as originals, since they are using IMEIs that do belonh to Xexun trackers.

@Technogoat

I really have to agree with that. The fact that noone clearly puts their information on their product sadly says a lot. Not even Xexun, which from my point of view makes good quality products, does so.
Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  10:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm new here,
I have a small problem with Cyrlil's code.
My serwer is on linux ubuntu lammp :)
The problem is in tracker file, when I try to run the Tracker.php i get:
#!/usr/bin/php -q
Fatal error: Call to undefined function pcntl_fork() in /opt/lampp/htdocs/tracker.php on line 236

What I'am doing wrong?
I,m new in PHP so I'm sorry for question.
Oh .. I'm sorry for my English too
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  10:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is already mentioned in the error message...
Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  10:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I'know that's the problem, but in google i get there is in PHP CGI problem.
So what I must do? I know it's lazy question, but I am trying over five days to do this, and i can not resolve my problem.
Specialy I install ubuntu to do this, but I can't :(
I understand that the process is failure

Edited by - bartods on 28 nov. 2011 10:28:39
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  10:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone ever contacted Xexun by email? i emailed them asking where i can get a tracker 2 days ago now and no reply yet.
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  10:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@bartods

pcntl_fork is a PHP function, maybe you are running a very old PHP version that does not have it?
Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  11:04:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello krister
My version it`s too old?
Thanks for answer :)

Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/1.0.0c PHP/5.3.5 mod_apreq2-20090110/2.7.1 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  11:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it should be ok, pcntl_fork seems to exist from PHP 4. Can't help much there, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  11:18:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, I know why..
For these those have the same problem:

do a php file:

<?php

if (! function_exists('pcntl_fork')) die('PCNTL functions not available on this PHP installation');

for ($x = 1; $x < 5; $x++) {
switch ($pid = pcntl_fork()) {
case -1:
// @fail
die('Fork failed');
break;

case 0:
// @child: Include() misbehaving code here
print "FORK: Child #{$x} preparing to nuke...\n";
generate_fatal_error(); // Undefined function
break;

default:
// @parent
print "FORK: Parent, letting the child run amok...\n";
pcntl_waitpid($pid, $status);
break;
}
}

print "Done! :^)\n\n";
?>

save, and run in browser
in my configuration of PHP i have:
PCNTL functions not available on this PHP installation

Thanks for help.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 28 nov. 2011 :  20:21:42  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bartods

pcntl_fork() is a function which allow you to create an independant thread/process on the server.
This may have been disabled on the server you are using for security reasons because it may let people create their own process which is dangerous if executed as a CGI. Most PHP running as CGI have such function disabled.

Check with your sysadmin.

Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2011 :  09:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, i saw that, but I have a question is there alternative for fork proces, because my server (free server, not on my machine) has not enabled the pcntl? And i can`t enable it :(
Maybe passthru?

Edited by - bartods on 29 nov. 2011 09:22:43
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2011 :  20:56:56  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No. As explained, forking process is forbidden on many web server, especially personnal page hosting (like Google Sites or similar).
Even there were a hole allowing process forking, there is generally some kind of watchdog to kill any CGI that keeps running for too long.

I believe that you want to create a process to receive a TCP connection from the tracker.
You have to do this on a separated server.

On my side, I have only a very few trackers to manage. I've have a small computer running at home with a small linux distro (microcore) which run a basic socket based C++ application : it listen for connection on a TCP socket, receive and parse the tracker data and push this to a free page server as a HTTP Get (http://myserver/tracker.php?id=<imei>&date=<date>&lat=<lat>&lon=<lon>). Then I handle everything on the server with PHP, MySQL, ....

If you don't have the possibility to have a unit running home, you may be able to achieve this with an Amazon EC2 cloud virtual computer. I think that for such usage it shall be free or almost.

Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2011 :  14:59:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK. it's seems that I must do this on computer in my work :P, maybe my cheef do not kill me for that. This machine has ubuntu and the dsl connection.
So I must install PHP, Apache and Mysql.

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 30 nov. 2011 :  22:10:59  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bartods

You don't need to run the TCP server that will receive connection from the tracker on the same machine than the one running web server and SQL.
In my case, my basic C++ app runs on this home PC but forward the data through HTTP request to a PHP script running on the free home-page server of my ISP.
Of course if you can make an app that directly writes the tracker's data into SQL, that would be good but it was forbidden in my case (SQL server only allows connection from PHP running on same server).

Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 01 déc. 2011 :  11:37:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello barbudor, I don't know C++ :(, today I've run apache and php on my cheffs computer :/ but i have some problems white configure my apache.
I'll try everything to runn tracker.php but in xampp (lampp) i have Fatal error: Call to undefined function pcntl_fork()
Under Apache not Lampp and PHP CGI not an module of apache i can't run PHP :/
I have tested few tutorials about Apache nad PHP but i Can't make it ...
I know it's funny but I'am beginer in that.

May you share you c++ app? I've be very gratefull for it :)

Edited by - bartods on 01 déc. 2011 12:19:17
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 01 déc. 2011 :  18:08:48  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok.
I may share my basic C++ code. I will try to find some time this week-end for a little clean-up.
Would you need it for Windows or Linux ?

Go to Top of Page

e_lm_70

6 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2011 :  12:37:01  Show Profile  Visit e_lm_70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys.

First of all, thanks ... I did read many messages here and they did help to better understand.

Mainly on page 33, the diagram from Kokos, is excellent ... thanks to it, I manage to read the GPS and get the prompt from my GPS Tracker.

Now, back to my problem.

I just got a GPS Tracker TK201 from ebay: exactly this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/220893353886
Apparently is produced by "zclelec" and is a clone of the TK102

Now my problem is this: (after an initial fight with a bad battery connection ...)

So far I was not able to made this tracker to get and send an SMS.

When I plug the battery it start automatically ... it flash every 1 seconds, for around 30 seconds ... and then it does not flash the led anymore.
If I press the ON-OFF button ... it will start again to blink-flash the led, with different speed rate, and this time it appears that it will not stop on doing it.

Strangely the behaviour for my non expert eye is the same, doesn't matter if the SIM is in or not. So I guess maybe it has some problem with GSM.

My Sim is a dual GSM & UMTS sim (back years ago the telecom operator had to change me the sim for allow me to use UMTS), and I normally use in GSM network, so it does support 900MHz without problem. Where I'm located I can get GSM signal in no time with my normal mobile phone ...

I did already double check that there is plenty of pressure for the sim to be read properly from the contacts.

So ... any idea what can be wrong ?

Is here any tool or command that I can give over the serial interface for further analyse the problem ?
I can eventually send it back to the seller on ebay, but I will need to pay for shipment ... so ... not sure I'm going to do it ... since in worst case I can use the internal GPS that is working for some of my projects.

Any idea if a firmware update will help ?
I'm not so confident on it, since this has been just acquired on eBay, so the seller may have done the firmware update on his own already if this would make the GPS tracker less problematic.

Thanks in advance

e_lm_70
Go to Top of Page

pmlewisuk

15 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2011 :  22:04:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ barbudor Windows please for your basic C++ code!

regards

Mark
Go to Top of Page

e_lm_70

6 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2011 :  22:10:44  Show Profile  Visit e_lm_70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please ..help ...

I can monitor the GPS ... and is looking it is functional.

While I monitor the GSM activity I got always :
AT+CREG?
AT+CREG?
AT+CPOWD=1

Only once by accident ... after power up ... after it did switch on automatically ... pressing some on-off and SOS .. I got a different sequence ...

ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
ATE1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CLIP=1
AT+CSCLK?
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CLVL=4
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CNMI=2,1,0,0,0
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+CIPHEAD=1
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+IPR=19200;&W
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CGSN
AT+CMGR=01
AT+CMGR=02
AT+CMGR=03
AT+CMGR=04
AT+CMGR=05
AT+CMGR=06
AT+CMGR=07
AT+CMGR=08
AT+CMGR=09
AT+CMGR=10
AT+CMGR=11
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CSCLK=1

-----

But when I monitor the GPS ... I did find it dead ...

Can anybody help ?

How can I send a command to the GPS tracker over the terminal ?

just "begin123456" + <cr> ?
or I need to send AT+begin123456 ?

Please ...
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2011 :  22:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some time ago i have written a small tool for that which makes it little bit easier than using terminal editors.

http://*******/download/tools.php

Tool: TK102 configuration tool by USB cable (TK102-2 only) [WIN]
Go to Top of Page

e_lm_70

6 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2011 :  00:03:18  Show Profile  Visit e_lm_70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm using my 2.5$ USB to USART TTL converter ... any my custom plug, from the charger plug ...

So ... I had to learn a lot ...

I made some progress ... so now I know that I can read 3 different signal: GPS + Monitor 1 + Monitor 2 ... so the USB cable should have 3 ending in theory.

Anyhow, only on Monitor 2, I can type some command.

I did type format ... and I got a replay ok
I did type begin123456 ... but I got ERROR

Which command are allowed here ? Only Firmware update specific ?

Till few minutes ago I was getting:

RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

OK

Call Ready
AT+CREG?

OK
AT+CREG?

-----------------

But now I'm getting:

RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

Call Ready

But it does not look to work fine for me ....

-----------------------------

Help please ....
Go to Top of Page

e_lm_70

6 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2011 :  00:11:25  Show Profile  Visit e_lm_70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it looks like I can sent AT commands ...

at+gsn=?
OK
at+gsn

This did gave me the IMEI number :-o

at+cgmi
SIMCOM_Ltd

So the module is not a Siemens MC55 .. oder ?

Edited by - e_lm_70 on 03 déc. 2011 00:13:29
Go to Top of Page

e_lm_70

6 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2011 :  11:21:04  Show Profile  Visit e_lm_70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm still trouble shutting my GPS-track TK201, the cheapest one shipped on eBay ...

Starting to thinking that the problem is a missing antenna or a very weak one ...

I asked the unit to provide the the available network ... and only once I got a single entry ... with my mobile phone I get strong signal and I see 4 operators.

These are the at command result:

at+cops?
+COPS: 0

OK
at+cops=?
+COPS: (3,"IDEA Centertel","IDEA","26003"),,(0-4),(0-2)

OK
at+cops=?
+COPS: ,,(0-4),(0-2)

OK
at+cops=?

OK
at+cops=?

-----------------

Can anybody confirm it that is an antenna problem ?

How easy is to open the device ? And check the antenna ...
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2011 :  11:32:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@e_lm_70,

Just in case you did not notice, this is a thread about Xexun TK102 trackers. There is of course place for other Xexun trackers, and also for TK102 clones, but come on... You paid $47 with shipping for that tracker, what did you expect to have but a piece of junk? If you just looked for the cheapest unit on ebay, that's all you get :)

If you need a working unit and your time is worth something to you, forget about this tracker, and buy a good unit. Use the tracker you have as a learning unit, feel free to open it, hack it, use what is working for other projects as you say, etc, but I do not think you will get much help here.

Edited by - krister on 03 déc. 2011 11:33:42
Go to Top of Page

e_lm_70

6 Posts

Posted - 03 déc. 2011 :  17:05:54  Show Profile  Visit e_lm_70's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Actually in this thread I read more about clone then not real Xexun.

Anyhow ... whatever ... I find what is the problem.

Either the RF is bad or the antenna is not connected properly ... for the rest is looking functional, and exactly the same as a Xenun

Anyhow ... how much should this unit cost?

In these days a GPS cost 15€, a GSM-GPRS modem unit cost 20€, a chip for handle the two serial communication cost 5$ .. and these are end user prices, not mass order price.
The firmware for tracking is trivial. So few days of development for an expert firmware guy.

Anyhow, I did learn a lot in this process ... and in a rare moment that I got enough signal, I was able to send an AT command for send an SMS .. and it did work.

BTW .. does the Xenun support Sim with a pin, or they need to disable the PIN ?
This one of the dummy thing, that is trivial to enter the pin from the firmware and it will help security ... if the GPS tracker get stolen, who take it can use it also for make calls, even expensive one .

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: There is thread about my cheap and junky GPS tracker, but it is in Spanish ... maybe it works fine in LAT
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 04 déc. 2011 :  11:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
still cannot contact Xenun, do they even exist?? i ahve sent several emails, filled out their contact form but no reply. i think i will change my mind about getting one of their GPS units if their presales support is non-existent, i hate to think what their aftersales would be like.
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 04 déc. 2011 :  13:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had already some more contact with xexun and both, pre sales support and after sales too are okay. I got my replies same day or one day later (because of timediff to china). I am not sure if you are using the proper address to communicate with xexun. Otherwise i cannot post the right address here because forum admins will delete the post after that.
Go to Top of Page

pmlewisuk

15 Posts

Posted - 04 déc. 2011 :  18:56:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
xexun contact Natasha at natasha137@gmail.com or natasha@xexun.com

regards

Mark
Go to Top of Page

bartods

Poland
8 Posts

Posted - 07 déc. 2011 :  08:57:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello
Barbudor I have a Windows in home so I'll be gratefull for windows C app. :)
My TK-102 are dead for now i seend it for repair, maybe they repair it in this week.
Go to Top of Page

Floyd702

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2011 :  05:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I am new at this forum and maybe you can help me. I hope so.

Yesterday I received the tracker which I bought on Ebay, put the battery in and a new SIM card. I charged it for 12 hours as mentioned in the manual. During charging the indicator blinks.
After twelve hours I went outside and pressed the on/off button several times but nothing happens.
I checked the battery with my digital volt meter and the voltages is 3.94 Volts. So the battery 'seems' to be fully charged.

I went back in the house and put the tracker back on the charger and put it close to the window. With my mobile phone I was able to initialize, change the password and set the authorisation. The tracker is also sending me the right coordinates, there is a clear view through the window. But it only works with the charger attached to it.

As soon as I disconnect the tracker from the charger it does not work anymore and I cannot get it on with the on/off button. The indicator does not blink and I can not connect with it with my mobile phone. It seems the battery is not powering the tracker for some reason. Maybe the battery is not charged properly after all or it simply does not power the device for some reason.

Is this a common problem with the TK102 and is there something I can do myself before shipping it back to China?

Added:
quote:
Originally posted by e_lm_70....
Now my problem is this: (after an initial fight with a bad battery connection ...)....

Your initial fight sounds exactly like my problem. And the Ebay seller is the same as mine. It was advertised as a TK102 but could be a clone aswell. Where was the bad connection and how did you fix it?

Edited by - Floyd702 on 09 déc. 2011 06:45:08
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2011 :  14:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Xexun TK 102 should power itself on as soon as the battery is inserted and the Coban GPS102 does the same thing.

Leave it off for a while and then itsert the battery when the tracker has a clear view of the open sky. Do not touch the on/off switch.

You can check the IMEI on the Xexun website to see if it is a Xexun tracker (although the check is claimed not to be 100% accurate).
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 09 déc. 2011 :  22:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pmlewisuk

xexun contact Natasha at natasha137@gmail.com or natasha@xexun.com

regards

Mark

thanks, just sent email, see if i get a reply this time.
Go to Top of Page

Floyd702

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2011 :  04:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Technogoat

The Xexun TK 102 should power itself on as soon as the battery is inserted and the Coban GPS102 does the same thing.

Leave it off for a while and then itsert the battery when the tracker has a clear view of the open sky. Do not touch the on/off switch.

You can check the IMEI on the Xexun website to see if it is a Xexun tracker (although the check is claimed not to be 100% accurate).

Thanks technogoat! Unfortunatelly leaving it off for a while did not solve the problem.
The imei number shows it is not an original Xexun. The Ebay seller replied today and suggested I would give it another 12 hour charge. Battery voltage is 3.7 Volts nominal and should be 4.2V fully charged. So it could be the battery that is faulty or not connected well.
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 10 déc. 2011 :  22:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOOOHOOOO WE HAVE CONTACT!!!
Just got a reply from Natasha from Xexun, they are not all dead, they just dont answer their company emails from their website, only personal emails.
Go to Top of Page

Jj2cole

1 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2011 :  02:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having trouble with using the GPRS setting on the tracker. I set up the server and it's "listening" for the incoming packets. I am not getting anything response with the server. On the "Check123456" it comes back with "Battery:100%/ GPS: OK/ GSM: 0%/ GPRS: OFF"..
The way I set up the device was: begin123456/ returns "begin ok!",
then I do adminip123456 with the ip and port/ returns "adminip ok!",
I input the APN123456 wap.cingular (for my At&t sim card)/ returns "APN ok!",
Then GPRS123456/ returns "GPRS OK!"..
Yet nothing happens, when I "check123456" it still says GSM:0% and GPRS:OFF

Am I just in a dead cell zone, and do I need to add "fix030s***n123456" for the GPRS setting, because every time I do that it just sends the info to my phone
Go to Top of Page

Floyd702

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2011 :  06:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the problem; the battery does not make a good connection with the contacts of the tracker.
The solution is simple; apply a small square made up of a few layers of insulation tape and stick it on the lid above the battery where the contacts are. Now do the same on the oposite side of the battery inside the casing.
The battery will now be slightly tilted inside the battery casing but it will make a good contact.

Edited by - Floyd702 on 13 déc. 2011 06:03:44
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2011 :  16:17:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Floyd702: and this also works for SIM cards with bad contact (eg. the tracker regularly cannot find GSM signal). I have done the same earlier this year and it fixed my TK102. So it is generally a good idea to place the battery firmly in the device. The battery can also indirectly push the SIM card contact gently into its place, which comes in handy if you see your tracker is blinking forever and it won't answer your calls are reply to your SMS messages.

Edited by - GPSman on 13 déc. 2011 16:18:00
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2011 :  20:32:08  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Jj2cole
It seems that you own a Coban, not a Xexun. At least commands match the one of my coban.
You did not list any login/password. Are you sure your APN do not requires such ?
I've seen both cases. It really depends on the operator.
That could be the explanation for "GPRS:Off".

If this is not the case, the tracker shall (try to) connect to the server, given that it can !
If the server is running on your home network, you should have :
- configured the tracker to connect to your public Internet address, not your home network address
- configured the router to route the incoming connection on that port to your PC

You did not tell about it so I am wondering if you know about such things.

Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 13 déc. 2011 :  23:13:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Jj2cole
Have you checked that the SIM card has credit for Internet (GPRS) use. (Apologies if you have)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Floyd702
Thank you for letting us know that you got it going. And for telling us how you fixed it.
I like the diagrams.

Go to Top of Page

pmlewisuk

15 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2011 :  09:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi barbudor, any news on releasing your C++ code or software?

Regards

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Floyd702

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2011 :  16:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Technogoat: only them intellectuals ask questions but have no answers. Me, Bubba and Zeke don't.
@GPSman: had no problem with the SIM card but it's a good sugestion, thanks!

I did some extensive testing yesterday. The Xexun clone I have, probably a Zclelec TK201 or 203... still not sure, comes standard with an 800 mAh battery.
When autotracking and texting to 2 phones simultaneously at a 5 minute interval it took 5 hours and 45 minutes before I got the 'battery low' warning. Beyond my expectations.

I noticed a few things. I had authorised two phone numbers (my own and a friend's) and I had expected the messages would only be sent to the one person that had entered the command. But both of us got the coordinates and also the battery low warning. Response to any other commands were only received by myself.

At first I used the command t600s050n123456 and I received 25 messages and so did my friend. So the total amount of messages is devided by the number of receivers. Which makes sense I guess.
After that I just let it send coordinates untill the battery died.

But what puzzles me is why we both received the coordinates at 5 minute intervals instead of the 10 minutes (600 seconds) I entered in the command. Is this a clone flaw or is it supposed to work like that? Maybe there is a perfectly good explaination for it. Does anyone know?

Edited by - Floyd702 on 14 déc. 2011 16:54:15
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2011 :  20:24:50  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Floyd

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd702
At first I used the command t600s050n123456 and I received 25 messages and so did my friend. So the total amount of messages is devided by the number of receivers. Which makes sense I guess.

Not to me. I would expect that it means 50 positions whatever is the number of recipients.

quote:
But what puzzles me is why we both received the coordinates at 5 minute intervals instead of the 10 minutes (600 seconds) I entered in the command. Is this a clone flaw or is it supposed to work like that? Maybe there is a perfectly good explaination for it. Does anyone know?

It does not makes sense to me that the interval would be divided by two.
On the Coban, the value is capped at 255 which makes 4 minutes 15 seconds.
Are you sure that your receive interval was 300 seconds (5 minutes) ?
May be trying with different values will let you know if the value is capped or divided.

@pmlewisuk
Sorry did not had as much time as expected.
I may have more time between Xmas and N.Y.D.

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2011 :  21:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Floyd702,

Don't know with Coban, but with Xexun trackers the maximum value you can use with "t" command is 255. That is, if you want to mean 10 minutes, you should be using "t010m", and "t600s" should not be working.

I also does not make sense to me that it would divide the SMS between the 2 admins. If I tell a tracker to send SMS every 10 minutes, 50 times, I would expect it to do exactly that, send 50 sms, every two minutes, to all the admin numbers.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 14 déc. 2011 :  21:49:16  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I forgot too that on the Coban, the letter also specify the unit.
So Coban = Xexun on this one

Edited by - barbudor on 14 déc. 2011 21:49:36
Go to Top of Page

Floyd702

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2011 :  03:31:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudorAre you sure that your receive interval was 300 seconds (5 minutes) ?
May be trying with different values will let you know if the value is capped or divided.

Thanks barbudor and krister! Yes the messages came in pretty much on time, give or take 20 seconds.

I first removed the friend's authorisation and with the same command they arived at an interval of just over 8 minutes, is seems the value may be capped at 511, is that possible? Anyway; it does keep transmitting even if it is set to a value that is too high!

But krister is right so I tried again by used the minute setting, which actually makes a lot more sense for this interval, using t005m***n123456.
That worked like a charm and also with the 10 minute (t010m...) setting.

I intend to launch a helium balloon early 2012 with an HD camcorder and possibly a 2.4 GHz live video stream, I am a radio amateur. I want to use the tracker to locate it when it comes back down to earth. The maximum altitude it will reach is just over 30 km (around 100,000 feet) and with very mild winds it will land somewhere within a 40 - 60 mile (60 - 90 km) perimeter.
Many who have tried this before warned me that the GSM-900 network we have here in Europe has a range of 3 km at most (~ 9000 feet), so straight up with no obstacles in between. That seems to be the absolute maximum range using a low power devices such as a tracker, cell phone or any other GSM device. The reason for this is that GSM antennas are positioned to work in the horizontal plane, they will work a little bit vertically but not much.
So at a 10 minute interval I will most likely get 1 or 2 message and then it is allready out of range. After about 2 to 2.5 hours it will parachute down back in range.

The tracker will be able to determin GPS position at all time. But will the tracker keep transmitting text even if it is out of reach of the GSM network? I assume it will but will it keep trying over and over and is there some request/acknowledge protocol when texting messages? If that is the case the battery may run flat a lot sooner than desired.

Any ideas?

Edited by - Floyd702 on 17 déc. 2011 05:36:27
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2011 :  16:53:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Floyd702

If you do not need the position transmitted regularly during flight, then you could just use single track messages (eg t030s001n123456) where you control the frequency and timing of the messages. This should save power (and cost).

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2011 :  18:48:25  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Using Spot system might be more suitable. Spot is not using GSM but satellite communication. Check the index topic for a pointer.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2011 :  15:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Floyd702

I tested in airplane, above ~ 1000 metres there was no gsm anymore. If you use an SD card the data will be transmitted if GSM is available when baloon will fall below ~ 1000 metres.

But i fact barbudors advice using sport would be more suitable. But a "spotter" is more expensive than a TK ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Floyd702

Netherlands
7 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2011 :  03:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grottenolm

I tested in airplane, above ~ 1000 metres there was no gsm anymore...

True, in an airplane you have the addded problem of being in a Faraday cage basically. If you are near an airport with good GSM coverage it is sometimes still possible but 1 km should be about the limit. But in free air (a styrofoam box) the maximum limit is around 2 km to maybe even 3 km if you are very lucky. Makes you wonder how all those 9/11 flight 93 phone calls could have been made but that is a different subject.

The balloon should rise at a speed of about 5 meters per second so after 10 minutes it will be at 3000 meter altitude and definately out of range.

quote:
Originally posted by Technogoat

@Floyd702

If you do not need the position transmitted regularly during flight, then you could just use single track messages (eg t030s001n123456) where you control the frequency and timing of the messages. This should save power (and cost).

I had thought of that but because of the low temperatures at high altitude it seems wise to let the tracker keep working and keep the battery warm. At about 13 km high the temperature will drop to around - 70 degrees Celcius. When it gets higher is will rise a little to around - 50 degrees Celsius but still very cold.

@barbudor: another guy in this country used a weather balloon with both a Spot and a TK-102, after landing it stayed quiet for about an hour. It later turned out the parachute had not deployed poperly and it hit the ground very hard. Then suddenly the TK started sending the old coordinates (of departure) but soon after that also the new coordinates (of landing). Even later the Spot also started responding.
He was disappointed in the Spot, it did not work very well.

Why it took an hour for everything to come back to live is still a mystery. Maybe because of the shock when it hit the ground or maybe the equipment was frozen?

I still have two old Siemens A52 phones with 3.7V 700 mAh Li-Ion batteries. They are old, simlocked and useless so I can use them for parts. They were not used much so the batteries should be in good state.
If I connect those two batteries in parallel to the USB port I would have an extra 1.4 Ah of extra power. If the external power gets too low the internal 800 mAh battery will take over. Is that correct? What do you think?

Edited by - Floyd702 on 19 déc. 2011 03:39:17
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2011 :  10:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd702
@barbudor: another guy in this country used a weather balloon with both a Spot and a TK-102, after landing it stayed quiet for about an hour. It later turned out the parachute had not deployed poperly and it hit the ground very hard. Then suddenly the TK started sending the old coordinates (of departure) but soon after that also the new coordinates (of landing). Even later the Spot also started responding.
He was disappointed in the Spot, it did not work very well.

Why it took an hour for everything to come back to live is still a mystery. Maybe because of the shock when it hit the ground or maybe the equipment was frozen?

I say temperature, the equipment must be frozen by then, and it probably came back to life/worked again when it started getting warm.
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2011 :  13:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
with this TK102-2, if you have an authorised number set up and everything, if someone else calles the GPS, is it suppose to reply to that caller with its coordinates or anything??
mine does, i set up my number as authorised number but if anyone else calles it they get replied to.
Does taking the battery out and putting the battery back in delete the authorised number? does this unit have a memory to keep authorised numbers if it looses power?

Edited by - wozzzzza on 20 déc. 2011 13:33:04
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2011 :  14:00:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wozzzzza

with this TK102-2, if you have an authorised number set up and everything, if someone else calles the GPS, is it suppose to reply to that caller with its coordinates or anything??
mine does, i set up my number as authorised number but if anyone else calles it they get replied to.
Does taking the battery out and putting the battery back in delete the authorised number? does this unit have a memory to keep authorised numbers if it looses power?

No, it should not answer.
No, taking out the battery does not delet authorized numbers.
Yes, the authorized numbers are stored if it loses power.
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 20 déc. 2011 :  22:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well what have i done wrong? i have put my number in as "admin123456 614xxxxxxxx" as my mobile number from australia with the international code first then my number, is that correct? it replies admin OK, but i tried to delete the number and it returned noadmin fail!
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2011 :  18:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you know who made the tracker? Some of the xexun "clones" do not work as per the documentation.

Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2011 :  02:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its a genuine xexun unit verified by imei and i bought from them directly
Go to Top of Page

km65

2 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2011 :  10:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewH

This is the PHP function that processes mine. It is heavily based on Cyril's script (cyril@feraudet.com). I butchered his script to give a stateful connection and the ability to process commands held in a file.

My front end web page creates the file, the script then picks it up and sends the command on the next loop.

function interact($socket)
{
.... full script code quote remove by moderator as useless. the code is on page 80...
}

Hello from germany!
I've found this PHP Script to send commands to the gps tracker via gprs on page 80.

Now I it would be nice if someone can send me the full script.. I'm really interested in this script for my tk106.

thanks a lot!

Edited by - barbudor on 23 déc. 2011 14:02:06
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 déc. 2011 :  14:04:13  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
may be use a little bit of google ?
try with "cyril feraudet script php tracker"

Go to Top of Page

km65

2 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2011 :  01:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your post but I've googled a lot...
But I found nothing like that. Do you found anything? Then please tell me the link.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2011 :  10:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://www.google.fr/#hl=fr&cp=33&gs_id=a&xhr=t&q=cyril+feraudet+script+php+tracker&fp=1

Edited by - Technogoat on 25 déc. 2011 10:53:52
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2011 :  17:44:48  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I bet this is Xmas
So easy now, he doesn't even need to type the search...

Happy Christmas all GPSer' and Tracker's

Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 25 déc. 2011 :  21:48:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@barbudor: it is not his problem. Try reaching google from another country, eg. try www.google.hu. You won't find anything with the provided search words. If you use www.google.com, based on your IP address, it will automatically load your country's local google site. If that is not France, you are out of luck.
I have experienced this more than once: google gives totally different search results for each and every country. What is more, it gives different search results for different users (when not logged in, they are based on cookies). So in the not so far future, I think 'let me google that for you' will no longer make any sense.
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  02:43:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone around here with a TK102-2 can tell me if it sends battery information over GPRS?

With my personal TK102-2 I use gps-trace web site. From the latest updates, I noticed now that on the tracker information you also have a "battery" field which should give the % battery left on the device. Cool!

But it seems that either my TK102-2 is not sending the right battery info, or gps-trace is not understanding it well. I have tested until the tracker died, and it has been giving me 90% battery all the way, until the last information I have gotten, which gave me a 10% battery, and then the tracker died.

Latest firmware I have for TK102-2 Sim900 is from 24/Nov/2011, so I will try to upgrade my tracker to this firmware. If anyone around here has Xexun TK102-2 working with GPRS, I would love to know if it is sending to you the battery information.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  13:11:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the TK102-2 sends battery voltage (not percentage charge).

A charging (or not charging) indication is also sent.
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  13:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, ok... So I guess that gps-trace.com just might be unable to decypher the battery % from the battery voltage, and that is why it shows me all the time 90%, drops to 10%, and then it just dies.

Too bad, it would have been great to have the % :(
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  13:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice idea with percentage, i think i will include that into my server =)
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  15:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great if Xexun changed their firmware to send % instead of voltage, but I do not know if they can easily do that.

Maybe there is an easy way for a server to guess the % from the given voltage, you would probably need to check what voltage it gives at full charge, and when the tracker will stop working. Like, maybe if the battery at 100% gives 4.2V and the tracker stops working at 3.3V, 50% charge would be at about 3.75V, etc... It would probably not be completely accurate, but better than just knowing the voltage.
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  17:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, according to TK102-2 manual:

F:4.11V===Full battery power L:3.65V===Low battery power
0===No charging 1===charging
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  17:39:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will include that idea in the evening.
By the way, i think i will publish as free tracking server soon.
Go to Top of Page

Greenfil

France
7 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2012 :  17:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody,

Do you know where to find the latest firmware for my collection of 3 TK102-2 (SIM300 and SIM900)?

Is it very useful to upgrade the firmware, because, most of the time, if there are new functions or commands, I cannot find change note... except on this forum !

Regards
Go to Top of Page

boraciner

17 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2012 :  13:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moderator edit : Request deleted as not compliant with the forum rules.

Edited by - barbudor on 07 janv. 2012 13:53:30
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 07 janv. 2012 :  13:45:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is really new to me that it is necessary to replace an IMEI to use it in your country.
Is there something what i dont know?

Replace an imei means to possibly use an existing one which is related to an existing mobile device, which is owned by another person.
So i dont think that you will get an answer here, because (i am sorry to repeat: thats not legal). So please stop asking that question, wrong forum for those questions i think.
Go to Top of Page

boraciner

17 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2012 :  08:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!
I want to set up its Movement alarm but I'm worried about if it heats up to high temperature because I'll leave my car for a long time after I set the movement alarm.
What Amps. can be the current while its in this mode?
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2012 :  10:21:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If no power save mode is turned on the lifetime will be same as usual and that means that the current is same as usual ;-)
Go to Top of Page

boraciner

17 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2012 :  12:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I configure this device to power save mode via SMS ?
or how does the device enter into power save mode?

thanks..
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2012 :  12:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lowpowermode123456
;-)
Go to Top of Page

boraciner

17 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2012 :  12:55:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My GPS tracker is not product of Xexun and just OEM TK102.. I bought it for 56 USD ..
I'll try it , don't know if it supports...
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 13 janv. 2012 :  00:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please, quick question for those of you with a (Xexun) TK102 handy (I only have TK102-2 right now); can anyone let me know if the commands smslink, smstext, and tlimit, do NOT work on TK102? I think they do not, but I can not check easily right now.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

boraciner

17 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2012 :  10:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recieved my OEM TK102 and used it .. but I cannot set its admin number because in Turkey ,phone numbers are shown like +90555823XXXX ...then I send SMS to TK102 "admin123456 +90555823XXXX" *Note;XXXX are digits.. - It returns "Admin OK!"
but I call it another number then it sends coordiantes to that phone too.. ? I'm confused ????
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2012 :  22:43:50  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had the same behavior with my Coban GPS-102.
The only solution I found to make a phone number certified was to call the device 10 times.

Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2012 :  00:44:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boraciner

I recieved my OEM TK102 and used it .. but I cannot set its admin number because in Turkey ,phone numbers are shown like +90555823XXXX
What would you dial from a legacy land line, with a rotary dial?

Go to Top of Page

boraciner

17 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2012 :  07:43:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dial from my mobile phone not with a rotary dial, I'll try to call 10 times
Go to Top of Page

boraciner

17 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2012 :  23:10:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's done !! =))) thanks a lot..
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2012 :  16:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe Technogoat was trying to refer to + as being 00.
So next time you could try sending admin123456 0090555823XXXX. But calling it 10 times does the same thing. However if you want to add additional admin numbers, you must use the above format, as calling 10 times can be used for adding the first admin number only.
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2012 :  16:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@GPSman

Correct. although the prefix does seem to vary from country to country.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1796 Posts

Posted - 17 janv. 2012 :  20:57:31  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I never succeeded in adding my phone by admin command what ever format I used : International as 0033xxxxx, Interbnational as +33xxxx or local as 0xxxxx
Worked calling 10 times

Go to Top of Page

tigabri

2 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2012 :  13:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ciao a tutti. un piacere grande vi chiedo. ho un tk 102, ma ho un problema.
non riesco a vederlo sulla mappa di gps-trace.com. credo di aver settato tutto giusto, ma non capisco cosa manca, se ho tralasciato qualche passaggio, e non so che porta esatta devo inserire dopo ip.
per cortesia qualche suggerimento, grazie
quote:
Originally posted by gpsnico

UN CORDIALE SALUTO A STATALE E A ZEPPEX, finalmente posso scrivere in italiano.
Su questo forum mi sento preso in giro!, e vero che non ne capisco un gran che di questo tk 102, ma in effetti quando lo ho preso su ebay ha fuzionato bene per una settimana: mi mandava un messaggio con un link completo di coordinate che mi dava la possibilità di accedere direttament a google map con le coordinate inserite automaticamente, era uno spettacolo. Sulla sim c'era poco credito, il tk 102 smise di funzionare e subito pensai a qualche grave problema, dopo aver preso il cavo appropriato su ebay, cominciai ad usare il software stc isp exe che ho ricevuto insiema al tk102, la procedura mi chiedeva di aprire il firmware stc89le58rd e poi "open file" per inserire non so quale altro c....zzo di file. Alla fine mi sono solo esaurito per settimane su questo forum per trovare un firmware adatto, Ho letto usando un traduttore di lingua, solo fesserie!! Adesso dopo aver inserito un firmware "posicao errada firmware 090812.exe", mi devo accontentare del fatto che se chiamo il tk 102, dopo 30 secondi ricevo le coordinate che inserisco manualmete in google map del mio htc. Ho provato la configurazione gprs visto che sul palmare uso una scheda wind dove pago 15€ per 100 g. al mese ma non so in base a cosa si imposta la porta e l'indirizzo IP. non voglio annoiarvi di più, mi sono dilungato troppo ma aspettavo da tempo qualcuno con cui sfogarmi!
Grazie Nicola.-

Go to Top of Page

Greenfil

France
7 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2012 :  17:24:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greenfil

Hi everybody,

Do you know where to find the latest firmware for my collection of 3 TK102-2 (SIM300 and SIM900)?

Is it very useful to upgrade the firmware, because, most of the time, if there are new functions or commands, I cannot find change note... except on this forum !

Regards

Hi,

May be I can ask to Xexun for the latest firmware ? if nobody have it...

Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

L0B0

6 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2012 :  11:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all !
I am preparing a command list with your comments, I hope it will be usefull for someone :

lowpowermode ON/OFF - ¿?

gpsautosearch xxx seconds - ¿?

SAVE123456 - ¿? save commands where ? On SD card ?

LOWPOWERMODE123456 - put the device in sleeping mode

LOWBATT123456 - not well documented should: only one time alert when the battery power is less than 3.7V.If the battery is more than 3.7V,many time alert again.

WDTTEST123456 - resetea el TK102 y lo hace trabajar en GPRS

STOP123456 - killing engine

RESUME123456 - restoration of engine

TLIMIT123456 200 - 200 is the number in metters of how many metters the tracker should report if moved from his original position. It saves alot of money on gprs data sending. The device will follow the X minutes reporting but only if device has moved at least for 200 meters.
Do not set this value less than 50 meters

SHAKE123456 - is not entirely useless. Think about if someone hit your car and just ran away, with the shake option you would be able to reach your car before the another driver leave the place. Well, thats somekind useless but it adds another function to your tracker.

SHAKE123456 0 - to disable.

FORMAT - it just restore all the factory settings, even the password. Usefull if you lost your password or dont know what SOS phone numbers are.

GPRS123456 - set device to track by gprs.

CHECK123456 - Power:on, Battery:100%, GPS:Ok, ACC:OFF, Door:OFF, GPRS:OFF, GSM Sinal:9

SMS123456 - set device to track by sms again (also cancels any reporting intervals).

MONITOR123456 - monitor123456 turns the microphone on. turn on "monitor" mode. This deactivates location reporting and turns on the internal microphone.

TRACKER123456 - tracker123456 resume the microphone to trackink-mode, turn on "tracker" mode. This deactivates monitor mode and restores location reporting.

txxxyzzzn123456 - program reporting interval.
EXAMPLES:
t020s001n123456 - report location in 20 seconds, one time
t005m***n123456 - report location in 5 minutes indefinitely
t001h010n123456 - report location in 1 hour ten times
Each of the numbers above cannot exceed 255 (ie: do not program to report every 999 seconds...) Also, the numbers MUST be 3 digits in length!

notn123456 - cancel reporting interval
move123456 - report location when the unit moves more than 200 meters (works on my TK102 copy)
nomove123456 - cancel 'move' reporting

I have one question : My Xexun TK102 is not reporting accurate GPS positions, it has 20mts / 50mts error. Is there any way to configure the GPS sensibility, or something like that?

Go to Top of Page

L0B0

6 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2012 :  11:58:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I forgot to ask something else:

"CHECK123456" command is not working in my device, it does not reply me anything. Anyone can tell me how to solve this?

Anyone can explain what are those commands for?
"lowpowermode ON/OFF" - ¿?
"gpsautosearch xxx seconds" - ¿?

Thanks !
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2012 :  12:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it doesn't make much sense to make a generic list like that for "TK102 trackers", because there are different trackers, different manufacturers, different firmwares, different commands...

Some of the commands you are listing do nothing on a Xexun TK102; there are even some of them that work only with TK102-2, and not with the older TK102.
Go to Top of Page

L0B0

6 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2012 :  13:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ups, sorry krister, i am quite newbie on this

do you know if is there any way or command to make the device memmorize its last GPS position, and then link it to me once I call the device?

In Example: imagine someone steals my motorbike and leaves it in a -2 floor parking, there is no GPS cover but there is phone line cover. It should be good if I could make a call to the device, and know the last position where it has lost its GPS signal (perhaps in the parking door?.

Does it exist?
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 19 janv. 2012 :  13:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You do not need any command for that, TK102 will already send you the last known position when it doesn't have GPS signal.
Go to Top of Page

L0B0

6 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2012 :  12:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot krister for your support!

Do you know how to set the "low battery warning" ? (I don't receive any low battery warning and I think that I must configure that?)

Do you have any idea why if I send the "check123456" command, the unit is not answering to me? (unit set at SMS default mode, not GPRS)

Any suggestion or configuration option to set the GPS to be more precise?

Edited by - L0B0 on 20 janv. 2012 12:58:56
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2012 :  12:57:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure about TK102, but my TK102-2 also sends the low battery warning SMS by default (it is a normal SMS with coordinates, like if you called the unit, but it includes the "low batt" text).

With TK102 I think some older units might not do it.

Never heard of the command "check123456", what it is supposed to do?
Go to Top of Page

L0B0

6 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2012 :  13:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theoricaly, if you send this message to the device : "check123456"

The device should answer with a message like that :

Power:on, Battery:100%, GPS:Ok, ACC:OFF, Door:OFF, GPRS:OFF, GSM Sinal:9
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
159 Posts

Posted - 20 janv. 2012 :  15:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That command also does nothing on my TK102-2, maybe it belongs to another tracker, firmware, etc.
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2012 :  05:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TK-102-2, how do you make it work with a microSD card?? i have a 8GB sd card formatted i stuck in there and when i insert battery the LED flashes every few seconds with a very short duration and it never works, i have to take the SD card out to make the tracker start up.
what am i doing wrong??
Go to Top of Page

Boris_Krones

4 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2012 :  18:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you plan to usw the device as a data logger? (Not supported)

The other thing is:

8GB is SD-HC, the tracker doenst support SD-HC, just usual SD (up to 2 GB).
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2012 :  22:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not use as datalogger, just want to get coordinates when gprs is offline as it tends to drop out frequently in country areas and i loose a lot of way points. so i have to go get a SD card, i just had this 8gb card laying around thought i would try it.
thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2012 :  00:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not so sure that the TK102-2 will support an SD Card that big.

Go to Top of Page

Boris_Krones

4 Posts

Posted - 22 janv. 2012 :  02:08:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unit does not support that size. 2 gig max ;-)
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 25 janv. 2012 :  13:28:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
will go out get a 2gb card soon, got one at a shop around the corner for $5.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05