Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2246

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2011 :  11:32:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out gps-trace.com , good choice for personal use I think.
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1729 Posts

Posted - 14 nov. 2011 :  14:23:25  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It does not work with all trackers. At least I've not been able to use my Coban tracker with it while it works well with GpsGate.
Have a look to my Index topic here : http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=143211

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102

Edited by - barbudor on 14 nov. 2011 14:24:42
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 21 nov. 2011 :  23:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone know about command TLIMIT on Xexun trackers? I found out on the manual on their tracker XT107, but it seems it also works on TK102-2 and TK103-2.

TLIMIT usage:
Send "tlimit+password 50" (50m is the distance, 1-6000m set), reply "tlimit ok!". This function is for auto tracking only, if the later position is 50m away or more with the position before, it will send SMS or GPRS data. If less than 50m, it will not send in order to save SMS or GPRS fee.
"tlimit+password 0" to disable tlimit.

I am testing it now with my tracker, it seems to be working ok, it is not moving now and it has not sent any information in almost 3 hours. It should start sending again tomorrow morning when I start moving again.

Only problem I see now is that this should give more battery life, and save on GPRS usage (good for those who pay by the Mb, I do), but I had an alarm on gps-trace.com that would warn me when the tracker stoped sending data for more than 60 minutes, and this alarm now will be worthless :(
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1729 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2011 :  14:08:39  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From what I've seen, in GPRS mode trackers always maintain the connection, so it doesn't seems to save battery life (I would be happy that someone report the opposit )
I've seen extended battery life only in SMS mode.

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2011 :  15:02:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think so, at least with Xexun trackers. Using only TK102 internal battery, when sending GPRS data every 1 minute it lasts for about 12 hours, when sending data every 5 minutes, it lasts about 24 hours. With tlimit hopefully it would last more if at times it is not sending data.

I also remember doing tests sending data to myself and analising it with Wireshark, that every time I was receiving data, it was coming from a different IP; like every 5 minutes, it was opening a new GPRS connection and sending data to me, and it was not always coming from the same IP. Don't know for sure if they maintain the connection for a given time, but I am 100% sure that the more often you send data, battery life is shorter.
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 22 nov. 2011 :  22:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know yet if it will save any battery, but it surely will save on data usage. When the unit is stoped it usually "hops" around a little bit, and now using tlimit now all that data is not sent.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  00:38:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi krister,

please try to do this:

lowpowermode123456 1

I have experienced that battery lifetime will increase up to 3 days. GPS fixes will be decreased to 10 minutes.
This command will take effect on TK102-2, as far as i know not to the TK102 (old one).

Best regards from germany
Boris Krones
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  00:43:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"lowpowermode ok!"

I have my TK102-2 sending me data every 5 minutes, should I also change it to 10 minutes then? With "lowpowermode" the GPS coordinates will only be updated every 10 minutes?

I wonder why Xexun do nopt update their manuals, there are many usefuil commands not documented, like format, tlimit, lowpowermode... :(
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1729 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  20:16:02  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krister
.. photos not quoted ...

Wouah. It seems like you have superpowers to go through walls
Or are you flying like Superman ?

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 23 nov. 2011 :  22:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do have superpowers, of course :D
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  01:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With these units, how do you know if its a fake or not a fake?? is this the actual manufacturer? http://www.xexun.com/
i put in the Imei number and it comes up with NO! yet the person i got it from says it is genuine and not a fake.
How do i tell? and where do i get the real deal from if mine is fake?
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  02:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One problem here is that different manufacturers do not see themselves as 'fakes'. They are 'genuine' trackers.

One of the other manufactures is Coban; and I have found their trackers to be very reliable and generally very good.

Trying to identify which units any of the sellers have for sale is not easy - particular sellers using Ebay. However, most sellers will tell you if you ask - because they do not want negative feedback if they sell you the wrong thing.

Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  03:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Xexun is the original manufacturer for these trackers, the first one making them. Later more companies started making the same tracker, using the same external dessign, packaging, even copying the manual/box; most of them also call them TK102, which makes it confusing (and clearly the reason is to make it so, so it can not be easily seen that it is not a Xexun unit).

So feel free to call other companies clone units, fake, copies, whatever you want. There are actually companies that do not try to sell their trackers as Xexun, just as other cheaper options on the market.

The fact that puting your unit IMEI on Xexun web page gives you a NO, it means that your unit is surely not manufactured by Xexun.
Go to Top of Page

wozzzzza

19 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  05:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
where can i get the real xexun ones from?
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2011 :  11:25:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Xexun? Unless you say from what country you are from, we can not tell you anything closer to you.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05