Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2214

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 175

barbudor

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2011 :  20:59:03  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Krister
Read again my post : 90 bytes for position report. 16 bytes is only the hearbeat "<imei>;"
imei:3*************7,tracker,1109301631,,F,163114.323,A,4342.4897,N,00237.5754,E,26.52,;

Now the excess may comes because of the way mobile company handles EDGE/3G connection : it is per session, with a minimum billing per session (from 10KB to 100KB depending on telco).
Note that tracker most probably use EDGE and not GPRS as most of the time GPRS is billed on time while EDGE/3G is billed on data volume.

I am using a pre-payed card with 300MB/month for 5€ included without detailled billing, so I can't check myself... ( Lycamobile.fr but apparently Lycamobile.es does not have this )

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

krister

Spain
158 Posts

Posted - 19 oct. 2011 :  21:16:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And what would that heartbeat be for? My tracker sends data every 5 minutes. Not just a heartbeat or a keep alive signal, but all the information (maybe those 90 bytes, I never checked)
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  12:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krister

And what would that heartbeat be for?
Depends on the make of the tracker and what requests are being sent from the server.

Coban trackers can send a 'keep alive' message every minute, if no request has been seen from the server.

Xexun trackers do not seem to do that.

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 20 oct. 2011 :  19:58:15  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Technogoat,
Do you know if there is a way to disable the hearbeat on Coban (apart from the obvious solution to switch back to SMS mode) ?

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

pmlewisuk

15 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  10:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Desnaturado

I'm interested in your daemon-solution (Linux) to receive GRPS messages from the TK-102!

Where can I download it from?

Regards

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  11:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

Technogoat,
Do you know if there is a way to disable the hearbeat on Coban
No command that I know of.

I send single track requests from the server to the tracker whenever I want the position (maximum time of 60 seconds; sometimes more frequently).

When the tracker sees requests at this rate, it does not send any heartbeat messages. :)

I still have software on the server to reply to the heartbeat if it ever came.

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  15:19:28  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also do reply to the tracker on the hearbeat (ON or LOAD I don't remember) but it doesn't stop sending the heartbeat.
Not a problem anyhow.

Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 21 oct. 2011 :  21:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
barbudor: if I did not misunderstood Technogoat, he does not receive heartbeat because his server sends position requests regularly instead of commanding the tracker to send coordinates regularly.
Eg. he does not use the t005s***n123456 command (or whatever is used, maybe fix005s***n123456 for Coban trackers), but instead the server asks for one coordinate at a time, and it does this at every 60 seconds.
Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2011 :  00:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly so. My server sends Single Track requests, which generate only one reply.

Incidently, the format of the Coban requests sent from the server is not the same as the format of the SMS messages. A good description of the Coban GPRS commands can be found on Page 80 of this topic.

Go to Top of Page

endeavour

New Zealand
4 Posts

Posted - 22 oct. 2011 :  09:54:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone found a successful way to turn off GPRS without losing the IP and APN settings. I can do it with 'begin', or by sending a false timing request like 't000s000n123456'
Edited to add. my device is TK102.

Edited by - endeavour on 25 oct. 2011 06:23:22
Go to Top of Page

pmlewisuk

15 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2011 :  14:33:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to include but it's from an old post!

What do I put in for the key value if running on a local PC?
I know I change port number, key, any other items?

thanks

Mark

quote:
Originally posted by dymo

quote:
Originally posted by polius

hello.
my TK102 send for me data like
0907010514,370********,GPRMC,051407.721,A,5442.8446,N,02517.0040,E,13.84,75.74,010709,,,A*61,L,imei:************,1051,
can I use simple software like xexun_GPSTrackerServer.html for tracking?
please send me a link there I can download this software?
I download http://drop.io/gps_tracker_240808 but data format is bad.

Check this one!
http://www.Gpspassion.com/upload2/xexun_GPSTrackerServer_NSEW.rar

Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2011 :  15:31:02  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Strangely my Coban sends the heartbeat even when in "nofix" (manual request).

Go to Top of Page

Technogoat

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 23 oct. 2011 :  18:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbudor

Strangely my Coban sends the heartbeat even when in "nofix" (manual request).
Yes, I think that is correct.

When in GPRS mode, the GPS102 tracker will send a heartbeat message every minute unless it has been given a 'disable multi tracking' command, in which case it will just go quiet (and I think the connection will then eventually time out - unless it is sent another command).

Go to Top of Page

osud492

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2011 :  17:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Had my tk102 hard wired into my car. I think it was wired into the ignition switch so that when the key is turned on so would the tracker. However, after the first day I have lost all comminucation with device. If the battery has ran down and the unit has turned itself off, would the device turn itself back on when power went to it as from the ignition? Or does the device need a constant power supply in order to stay turned on? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1718 Posts

Posted - 26 oct. 2011 :  17:39:17  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On my Coban TK102, it automatically turns on when power is applied to the "usb" connector. Then if power is cut, then it will stay on using the internal battery until the battery is deplated.
Then if power comes back again, it will turns on again.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 175 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05