Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2204

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 175

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  23:18:47  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got a CD with my TK102-2 and on this CD there is a program called PPS.exe. When I run it it opens a windows which reports : "Navigation to the web page was canceled..."
Could someone tell me what is supposed to do this prog ? and how to make it working ?
Thanks,
Francis.

PPC Eten X500 ROM WWE 354 + MicroSD 2G0 + VL COM7 57600
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 09 juin 2011 :  16:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lopati
A1. Definitely better. Although I used to have a TK102-2 clone and now I am using a TK103-2 (the one with external GPS and GSM antenna), but they are just not comparable. As soon as I entered the SIM card it started to work, I could call it in 30 seconds, and received coordinates, although it was in my room. With the TK102-2 copy it did not even want to receive my call for hours, it turned out it had contact error on SIM, and also GPS coverage issues...

A2. With Xexun device I have never had issues yet (of course I can't get up-to-date coordinates when the car is on -2 floor in a mall's garage)

A3. Dashboard is totally okay, but as I learnt almost everyone hides it there. So I figured out I will just hide it some place else (eg. in a water proof case under the bumper). The wiring needs to be longer, of course.

A4. I have it for only 1 month, and the battery life is not so good, unfortunately. It will work for about 30 hours when disconnected from the charger. But it should be enough time to find the car. In 48 hours the car will already be disassembled and its parts will be on ebay anyways...

A5. I have no idea, haven't tried that tracker, sorry.

Edited by - GPSman on 09 juin 2011 16:09:11
Go to Top of Page

lopati

Singapore
8 Posts

Posted - 10 juin 2011 :  19:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@GPSman, Re: With Xexun device I have never had issues yet (of course I can't get up-to-date coordinates when the car is on -2 floor in a mall's garage).

Understandable 2 floors underground even the best GPS wont work, but (as per documentation) did it show the last place it did get a signal - i.e. near enough to the car park entrance? (Allowing for +/- 5M accuracy.) At least can start looking around.

I guess this leads to the question of how often these unit poll it's GPS position, from your experience is it really continuous or once every X seconds?

<Update: removed some other questions, found the answer in your 103-2 experiences thread.> BTW: Just curious, are you in/from Aus?

Edited by - lopati on 10 juin 2011 20:52:11
Go to Top of Page

shiromimms

2 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  12:02:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any sms massage to auto track(gprs ip) only on move ????
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  15:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no direct command for that.
I have planned to include this function into my server so the server changes the tracker interval in the moment a min. speed has been triggered. The tracking interval will be decreased if car stops. But the tracker itself doenst support that command.
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  17:13:49  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@grottemolm : I received today the cable from Itakka. I installed the driver they sent me by email. The cable is correctly recognised, when I run your software I see only one com port (1) I select this one and it reports as open. I put the passwd in the correct field. When I sent a commend to the TK102-2 I don't get any answer from it.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  17:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which part of the cable did you use? The long or the short part ? (Please use the long one).

Please perform all the steps mentioned in the popup window at program startup.
After doing so and after opening port the should appear something like "ready to program) in green letters.
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  17:23:51  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grottenolm

Which part of the cable did you use? The long or the short part ? (Please use the long one).

I tried both

quote:
Originally posted by Grottenolm
Please perform all the steps mentioned in the popup window at program startup.
After doing so and after opening port the should appear something like "ready to program) in green letters.

I am going to try again and I will keep you informed

Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  17:55:06  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@ grottenolm :

It works now, on port com 3. The TK does not reply every time I send a command, I just have to do it again and it is OK.
Well done guy this piece of software is really helpfull particularily in my case since I am living in an area where the GSM network is very tiny and on top of this, your solution reduces the cost of sending SMS.
I got a question : in the profile XML file there is a field for the "admin number value" but there is no field in the software to store it.
The next step would be to be able to read the current settings of the TK and the cherry on the cake would be to be able to check the firmware and to update it.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  18:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While testing i found out, that the reply issue happens in case of using an old firmware, if the firmware is the latest one, it will reply everytime ;-)

Reading the current setting isnt possible (the TK does not support such command), have already been talking with the manufactorer about that.

Upgrade function for the tool...hmmm... i have never tried programming something like that but i can try, but i am not sure if manufactorer will tell me the command doing so ;-) But if he will do so it should be possible, additionally by GSM over my server, i will try to find out that commad ;-)

I have removed the admin number field because it was causing issues sometimes so i will fix that problem and publish that field again.

Do you use the tracker by GPRS or only in SMS mode for positioning SMS?
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 17 juin 2011 :  18:19:53  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am testing both modes. The main issue here in France is the cost of the prepayed cards. The first I got is costing 0,10 Euro for each SMS and 0,50 Euros for each GPRS report which is expensive. I am currently testing another provider in GPRS mode but I don't have the cost log yet.

I installed gpsgateserver on my server at home but I use also this site : http://gps-trace.com

The ennoying thing with the TK102 is the battery time life which is definitively not enough, the rest looks good to me.

Congratulations again for your software, I am a bit reluctant to upgrade the firmware of my TK102-2
quote:
Originally posted by shiromimms

Is there any sms massage to auto track(gprs ip) only on move ????

I tried the movement alert command "move123456" but it did not report any move. So I canceled with "nomove1232456"

I think the speed alert could do the job : "speed123456 030" will send an alert when the TK102 will be moving over the speed of 30km/h the manuel says it will be keeping sending an alert every 3 mn.
The cancelation command : "nospeed123456"

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2011 :  00:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way: The move command will trigger an alert / report just after moving 500 metres away from that point, you have configured that command.
The tracker needs to be 10 minutes at the point, otherwise the command wont have any effect.

But i dont think that the speed alert will do that job you expect, but i have never tested, because i use my trackers only in "fulltime" gprs mode and my customers and testers also. The alert itself is included in the data sentence, which is transmitted. But i dont know if the tracker will transmit a data sentence with the speed alert in case of "fulltime" tracking is off. I will checkout tomorrow ;-)

But why 50 Cent per GPRS report? In germany we pay round about 24 cent per MB, thats okay. We have some flats here like 100 MB (3,9 EUR / month), thats perfect for the TK.

My solution is the server based solution. The user configures a value, below that value the tracker will get the command to send data only every five minutes, over the value the servers sends a command to the tracker so send in a new interval, like 20 seconds.
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2011 :  07:16:11  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will test again the move alert, I never received anything with it so far.

My new prepayed card costs only 0,05 Euro per GPRS report, it is much better than the formal one.

How does your server send parameter to the TK102 ?

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2011 :  13:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont you have any data flatrates or data packages for prepaid cards? ;-)

I send the parameters / commands from server to tracker the same way i send sms messages.
Go to Top of Page

skdndy

5 Posts

Posted - 21 juin 2011 :  16:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i read much of the topic and have some questions.if you answer i will be thankful.

1-i am confused as some say tk102(genuine xexun) can track -floors of a car park and some say it cannot find more than 3-4 satellites even without obstacles.i want to track my children and in case of an abduction device must work inside trunk or with other obstacles with good accuracy.

2-is it too hard to add an external gps antenna.i dont know much about electronics.

3-is it too hard to modify/change power source to extend working time?there was a 12000mah battery for tk102 on ebay claiming to last 1 months.this battery can be plugged to usb but if it is not possible how can this be achieved

4-how is tk102 and other gsm trackers accuracy , ability to work with obstacles compared to cell phones.cell phones have agps does it make difference and how reliable cell phone softwares are

5-can you advice other devices with better gps (especially accuracy and ability to work obstacle).max 200$ including shipping.i will only use sms autoreport and perhaps gprs autoreport mode so other modes are not essential.not essential but a well known device would be better so i can find info at forums before and after buying.

Edited by - skdndy on 21 juin 2011 16:12:26
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 175 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05