Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2246

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2011 :  07:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The imei command doenst work by usb. You can only use configuration commands.

Did you get an OK and a stored to tracker message after the configuration commands?
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2011 :  16:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get both sometimes and sometimes only the OK response (with all the commands I tried). Sometimes I get no response and have to repeat it once or twice. I have the baud rate at 19600, 8 bits, no parity.

I'm disappointed that the unit will return the OK etc responses but no data such as lat/long. Just being able to send configure commands doesn't seem all useful to me. Is that what the "Live Communication" tab will be used for?

I have also discovered it is not necessary to remove the battery when switching modes - just plug or unplug the long part of the cable and it will switch on it's own after a while.

BTW, what is the short cable used for?

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2011 :  00:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If there are some difficulties with the response of the tracker with the 'ok' or 'stored' command, perform a firmware update.
The latest FW works fine.

BTW, the TK hasnt been built to deliver data like IMEI or lat/lng by cable.

Dont ask me why, ask the manufactorer ;-)

The Live Communication tab was written to show the live things between tracker and computer. Not important for a customer.
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2011 :  02:47:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, thanks.

As for asking the manufacturer, I can't even get them to respond to email asking why the geofence command doesn't work (at least it doesn't work as described in the user guide).

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

lopati

Singapore
8 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2011 :  21:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Well I'm yet another fool that bought a cheap TK102 off eBay, and only found this forum after wondering why it didn't work so well.
Yes, it's 100% NOT a xexun. (Not the corban/wxlxy - but definitely a clone.)

I've read this entire thread from page 1, my next buy most likely the genuine xexun TK102-2. This one will go on the dog till it dies (dog or clone, yes the dog is old and gets lost).

Anyway the unit started working, just had to read (in this thread) basic instructions like turn it on outside, send begin123456 . . . It's still weird, yesterday everything worked except no SMS back when phoning the unit. (Yes I phoned it over 15 times, never worked but t030n001xxxxxx did work.)
Left the battery out overnight, put it back, didn't change any settings - now the phone call works as well - it's better, but doesn't give confidence.

Anyway, enough about my mistake, next time buy real one.

Question time:

1. For those who have tried clone and genuine: do the real ones perform better in terms of getting/holding GPS lock? I live in Singapore - about 80% of the country is urban canyon where I work and live and in between.

2. Similar to Q1: For those who have tied both does the TK102-2 perform better than TK102 for GPS acquire/lock?

3. Was thinking of hiding one in my car: (will buy genuine xexun TK102-2)
I read GPSman I think tried this "under the dash" but then "found a better place" - where was that? (I was thinking under the dash but above the glove compartment so less difficult to get to.)
Does it work OK there? (Prefer 102-2 to 103-3 so can re-task later.)

4. Also re in car: is it safe to leave the battery in as well as use 12v converter? (asking if anybody had battery melt/leak or problem of shortened internal battery life aka "battery memory" issues?

5. ?? OT ?? - anyone tried the Meitrack GT30i? (On alibaba dot com from supplier seems similar price and features, but perhaps more robust.) This would be next alternative if even genuine xexun sucks with cold start satellite acquisition - could not find any reviews.
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2011 :  22:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Lopati

Q1
I can answer that question with a yes.
There are a few more TK's (genuine) which are connected to my servers.
If there are mountains and canyons around you the GPS signal may get a little bit lower, but i think the tracker shoud get ~ 6 sats, and thats pretty good for tracking.

Q2
Look Q1.

Yes, i have tried some copies and i can say: Forget the copies ;-)

Q3
If i make some miles with my racing bicycle i have the TK under my clothes or in a bag (if it is raining), that didnt cause any difficulties. I have tested little bit around with a car and put the tracker into the glove compartment, bad signal, but working (4-5 sats), this inaccuracy was causing a deviation of only some metres (~ 10-15 metres).

In modern cars you have a lot of plastics, so this wont cause problems anymore (instead of old cars with lot of steal). The trunk was the best place while testing (in a seat was very well too, but you have to open the seat ;-)

Q4
I had never a battery melt or leak, and my customers not too.
The battery is a "lithium polymer" battery, this kind of battery doesnt know a memory effect.
Thats is the reason, why a TK shuts down working, if battery power is unter ~ 3,62 volt. If a LiPoly battery would continue working below that voltage the battery would be damaged. So the TK shuts down. And this has been working fine while i use it.

Q5
I have the GT here because of test reasons for my servers.
Forget the tracker.
Go to Top of Page

lopati

Singapore
8 Posts

Posted - 02 juin 2011 :  09:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Grottenolm

Thanks for the reply, I sort of figured the knock-off copies apart from being badly assembled would also perform worse than a genuine one but it's always good to have confirmation.

In short my biggest gripe with the one I have is the quality of signal; shonky construction I can live with (because will be hidden anyway), poor performance not. (Heck, some of my favorite meals look like crap but taste like ambrosia - better then the other way around.)

Anyone else willing to back up genuine gets better signal than cheap copy?
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2011 :  02:57:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dunno about the TK clones but I get a lot of location jitter with my Xexun unit, often in the third decimal place of both lat and long. It often as well reports receiving only three satellites (it does get up to 6 or 7 but only occasionally). Compared to that, I have a Chinese made vehicle GPS which gets much more stable results with jitter in only the fifth decimal place (again with a stationary unit). It also typically gets 6 to 9 satellites. They both use the Sirf3 chip so I don't know what would explain the difference in accuracy - the antenna maybe??

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  00:00:06  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I just received my TK102-2 (seems to be guenuine one) and I would like to use a cable to change settings.
Could someone tell me wich cable reference and where to order it ?
Thanks in advance.
Francis.

PPC Eten X500 ROM WWE 354 + MicroSD 2G0 + VL COM7 57600
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  10:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From which country you would like to order?
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  11:20:49  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HI,
thanks for your reply, I just found one on itakka.com.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  11:40:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you buy from there, yes, but if austria is far away from you, you should consider ebay.
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  11:53:34  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I live in France, the delivery is OK.
Francis.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  11:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, i agree, that isnt really far from you ;-)
Did you already checkout the tool i have written to configure the tracker?
Go to Top of Page

dirty francis

France
110 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2011 :  12:33:00  Show Profile  Visit dirty francis's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just opened it to have a look at it.
It looks nice and I will test it for sure. I will post my report and I can already congratulate you for the job done.
Francis.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,97 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05