Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2221

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2011 :  16:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like a copy too please.

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 25 mai 2011 :  11:00:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Laurie

You could also use that tool:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=140711
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2011 :  00:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, that looks like it would work but my cable is USB at both ends so it doesn't look like it will work with your program(?).

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2011 :  06:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The origin cable has a normal USB port at the on side (for the computer) and two cables with mini usb at the other side. Please use the longer part of the cable. If you have that cable it is the right one ;-)

Edited by - Grottenolm on 26 mai 2011 06:25:51
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2011 :  17:35:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, that is the type of cable I have ordered. When I run your program now though, the only port I can select is COM1 (no USB port can be selected). Will it still work through COM1?

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 26 mai 2011 :  23:04:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Laurie

The tool collects all installed COM ports.

Dont forget, that the cable includes a serial to usb so you wont see a USB port, only com ports.
If you have connected your cable and my tool shows COM1, the COM1 will be the connection to your tracker.

If you follow my instructions after the popup there will appear a green message like "ready to program", that means that the physically connection and data connection has been established.
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  00:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, and thanks. I'll try it as soon as the cable arrives.

One other question - how long does the TK102-2 take to reply to a command? Is it faster than via SMSing?

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  00:36:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A SMS is the slowest way (writing, processing, reading,..).

Commands by GPRS are much faster. And by cable there are some milliseconds ;-)
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  04:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the help Grottenolm.

It just occurred to me though that there is no SMS command to request a lat/long report. So, if I want to use your program to rapidly check lat/long readings, how can it be done?

The only way I can think of would be to set up a geofence away from the unit's location and resend the geofence command each time the "outside stockade" report is sent. Trouble is though, the unit will wait about 10 minutes before it sends the next outside stockade report so rapid lat/long readings could not be obtained(?).

Ia there a better way of doing that? Maybe a "begin" followed by the geofence set command would work?

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

turboroe

10 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  05:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try the "address123456" command. I think you need to set the APN address and user/pass though. I don´t know if it works withou APN address and user/pass.
You can also use the "fix020s001n 123456" command, then it will send you only 1 lat/long.
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  07:06:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks turboroe. The address command and fix command don't seem to do anything (and I can't find them mentioned in the user manual) but the "t" as in t020s003n123456 does it! For some reason I thought the 't" only worked with GPRS but I see now it does what I want.

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

turboroe

10 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  07:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My tracker is a wxlxy clone, so the fix command must be the same as the 't' command on yours.
Address command is a command that returns the address through an SMS, I think it is only present in the wxlxy clone.
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  14:31:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Laurie

How many SMS do you get / send per day with the tracker?
In many cases realtime tracking with gprs is cheaper than SMS, in germany i use a 100 MB data paket for 3,9 EUR per month (prepaid), and that is working fine.
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2011 :  18:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't be using the unit for tracking anything in real time - just for finding my dog if he wanders off. I am interested though in experimenting with the device to compare it's GPS accuracy with other GPS devices I have and perhaps improving it somehow - maybe with an outboard antennae.

My comparisons to date have not been all v favourable as the TK102-2 seems to get frequent wide location swings which trigger the geofence unnecessarily. I expect this is related to not usually receiving very many satellites compared to other GPSs I have (it's usually 4 satellites with 3 or 5 occasionally.) Once in a while it jumps to 6 or 7 which gives v good accuracy and I am trying to figure out why that happens so infrequently (one of my other GPSs is the one that comes with Streets and Trips; it also uses the Sirf3 receiver but it usually gets 7 or 8 satellites when in the same location). I have another vehicle GPS (an Omnitech) that also gets 6 to 8 sats most of the time.

I wonder then if the difference lies in the GPS antenna rather than the receiver chip itself? Maybe a passive, re-radiating antennae could be used to improve reception but I have no idea how to design one. Any suggestions anyone?

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page

NoSmoke

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2011 :  01:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just received my USB cable and have tried using Grotenolm's program. Following the instructions, I can get the unit to acknowledge the commands but nothing else is received. For example, the "t" and "imei" commands are acknowledged but no position data or imei # is sent. The unit also does not answer when phoned.

The LED continues to flash rapidly - does that mean the unit does not go into GPS or phone/SMS modes when the USB cable is plugged in and, is that why it does not give any data replies?

Laurie Forbes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05