Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1934

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 175

SyaoranLi

16 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  18:04:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW, I'm testing my new GPS and... how can I know if the GPRS is working properly? Any command to check it?
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  18:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GPSman

I was wondering if a Xexun TK102-2 or a TK103-2 is the better option for car tracking. GPRS is not important, but stockade function and current coordinates sent in SMS when I call the tracker should be very reliable. Also I want to hide the unit in the car in a place that is hard to access, which means it should recover automatically when battery is out and it gets power again (eg. car batter is exhausted then recharged or gets replaced), so that I don't have to take apart the car again to reset it. What would you suggest? TK102-2 is more compact and thus easier to hide, but can it get reliable GSM and GPS connection for stolen car tracking?

GPSman, both trackers are good for car tracking.
I think they are both reliable. TK103-2 *IS* for vehicles; it has direct connections to 12V, it has external antenna for GSM and GPS, it has panic button for driver, and if I remember correctly it also has external microphone.
TK102-2 is an all around tracker; can it be used in vehicles? Of course, but it has internal antennas for GSM and GPS, if you hide it a lot on the vehicle, it can have worse GPS/GSM signals. You will also need car adapter, since it has a 3.7V/5V input, and vehicles will usually have 12V. It also has integrated mic and panic button, so they will not be useful on a vehicle.
I have a TK102-2 myself on my motorcycle, I do not need a TK103-2. I get good GSM/GPS signal, I do not need mic/panic button. If you need mic/panic or want the best GSM/GPS signal on a vehicle, TK103-2 would be a better choice.

quote:
Originally posted by SyaoranLi

Ey mates, already checked. The GPS from that seller in ebay is Xexun original.

What was the name of the seller? :D
Go to Top of Page

SyaoranLi

16 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  18:22:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MindTwist: it's called wonderpcinc.

Jesus, I think I'm completely stupid and I don't know how to write a f***ng sms! Now this new and original GPS doesn't work. I already have 2 GPS, 1 clon and 1 original. The original replied to my messages at the beginning and now it stopped, and no answer when I call it.

I'm becoming crazy, and I have a meeting next week.
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  18:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SyaoranLi,

Does it at least ring when you call it? It rings, hangs up, but does not send you SMS? If it is the latr, it might take a while to respond the first time after you turn it on (while it is geting good GPS signal).

Could you send me by PM the IMEI of your tracker?
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  23:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, it finally turned out why my clone device was blinking every second and why I could not call it. Even if I took out the SIM card and I installed the battery it did the same thing: kept blinking every second.
I thought this must be a contact error, and just as I suspected, the SIM card holder does not properly hold my SIM card in its place.

Now I added a fairly thick, 6-8 layers of 0.5 x 0.3cm paper tissue on top of the SIM card holder, so that when I install the battery it keeps pushing the SIM card into its place, making better contact. This has already worked on my Motorola for years, so I thought why not. It worked :)

Now it catches GSM signal every time I install the battery or switch it off and on in about 30-45 seconds. When GPS signal is not available I can still call it, but I receive SMS without coordinates and with a faulty wxlxy.com link (again without coordinates). So it finally turned out that GPS signal is not needed to be able to send SMS commands or call the device.

I attached the device to a hidden place in my car and it worked quite well. I tried the SMS mode only: I called the device several times during some cruising in the city and then checked if the wxlxy.com link showed the right coordinates of my car. I have made 15 measurements and only one was out of a 50m radius circle (cca. 60-80 meters away from my actual position). Then I hid the device to some other place in the car. I got better results. Almost all coordinates were within 5-10 meters.

As far as I see, during movement (about 40-50 km/h) the coordinates are a bit late (behind the actual position), by maybe 3-4 seconds, assuming the coordinates should be calculated at the time when the call to the device gets rejected.

Another thing I noticed is that sometimes one call to the device results in 2 SMSs. Once I receive a coordinate with a somewhat old (3-5 minutes old) coordinates then about half a minute later the actual, correct coordinates. Since I received the correct, actual coordinates as well, and the old coordinates are OK too (I was driving there 5 minutes ago) I think this is not a huge problem.

If I have some more time tomorrow, I will try the GPRS mode as well.
I have not decided yet If I buy an original Xexun TK102-2 now that this clone started to work at last. If it gives correct coordinates in the next couple of days, I may keep it. I'll give it a try. But Chinese technicians should really learn how to assemble hardware. It is very annoying how much I suffered until I found the root cause of the problem.
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  23:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are only interested on SMS usage, this tracker should work for you. The direct link on the SMS might even be handy for you if you have an internet enabled phone.

I still have a xlxy.com clone around that I got for tests, and I was never able to get it to work with GPRS :(
Go to Top of Page

Angelych

Italy
37 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  00:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chimer

Angelych
I think you have to install the usb cable with the good driver
see here: (USB Driver V3.0.exe)
http://www.denken.com.br/gps_drivers.rar

fabrymi
you can use Flash magic with the good hex file for the TK102-2
see here: (ID100302trackerARM7.hex)
http://www.denken.com.br/update_tk102-2.rar
first you erase flash and after.. you load the hex file ((ID100302trackerARM7.hex))

I broke my old tracker and I bought a new one used. The old tracker worked with the firmware gps101new.hex. The new one seems to be better because the battery works for 5 days (8 hours the old one). Still the new tracker will automatically power on, unfortunately when the battery is running low send a SMS per minute. The new tracker has http://www.wxlxy.com ... key = 354776239832766. My only problem is how to disable the SMS of low battery If necessary I can reload the firmware but I do not know what it is and I think gps101new.hex does not have the sleep to keep the battery for 5 days. I thank who can help me.
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 12 avr. 2011 :  13:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still cannot decide if I need a TK102-2 or a TK103-2.
TK103-2 is better, because I can connect it directly to 12V -> thus less wires, no USB charging -> no contact errors during charging.
TK102-2 has magnetic back which makes it easier to place - it won't move around.

TK103-2 has outer GPS and GSM antenna, which can give better connection but on the other hand a lot more wires thus easier to detect by a thief.

Can anyone tell me their experience about TK102-2 when hidden in a car?Once I hide it and do the wiring in the car it should be ready to receive my calls 24/7, 365 days a year. Of course the car battery will be charged as I use it regularly. Can it be used like this?

Unfortunately my clone TK102 needs a lot of intervention: eg. needs to be reset quite often, especially when it runs from its own battery only. Also when it runs from car battery it stops blinking after about half an hour. I think it should keep blinking twice every 4 seconds when it has GPS and GSM coverage, and blink once every 4 seconds when it has GSM coverage only. But after a while it stops doing that. When I call it, it can receive the call and starts blinking again normally. But when it runs from its own battery (not being charged) it will completely switch off after 30 minutes so that I no longer can call it or send SMS commands to it. This practically renders it useless in my situation. If the thief steals my car and removes wires from battery it will no longer show the coordinates as it should for 48 hours, until the inner battery lasts.

What is your experience with Xexun TK102-2? I bet it is not working like I mentioned above. I think it should be able to send coordinates as long as the battery lasts. And it should not stop blinking, right?
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 13 avr. 2011 :  08:58:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SyaoranLi2,

What command are you using for setting the APN password, APNPASSWORD or APNPASSWD? My mobile provider does not need password so I do not remember which one is the correct one, I think Xexun uses APNPASSWD, but some clones use APNPASSWORD.

For testing that GPRS data is being sent correctly, I use my own computer. I put my public IP as APN, I have a port open on my router to my computer, and I have a couple of programs for receiving data (like Wireshark). It is easier to see what data you are receiving than using an external server like gps-trace.

Keep in mind that once you have configured APN, it will NOT reply to you by SMS. It will send data by GPRS... If you configure GPRS for data sending, when you call the tracker, it will hang up as usual, and instead of replying with SMS it sens a GPRS data packet!
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2011 :  20:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have now written a small tool to configure the TK102-2 (in germany it is called V6).
The tool isnt complete but i will continue/ finish next days.

http://www.*******/download.php

The tool is called "******* TK102-2 configuration toolkit".
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2011 :  21:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grottenolm,

In Germany they call V3 the original TK102, and V6 the new model TK102-2 maybe? I saw around TK102 with those names, and wondered what they were...

Is that util for configuring TK102-2 with cable? I think that TK102-2 can be configured without SMS using the programming cable, but I never bothered finding out how it is done. I am going away for two weeks, but I will check it out as soon as I am back :)
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2011 :  21:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Mindtwist

Yes, the 102 is called V3 and the V6 is the 102-2. Many persons are confused because of this ;-)
The tool is for configuration with the USB 2 serial cable. I have tested, working fine with my TK102-2 ;-)
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2011 :  21:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Grottenolm

Awesome... :) Once you know how to do it it is just a matter of a few quick SMS. No big deal for me since I do not have to configure lots of them, but it will be great to have a way to do it without having to spend anything on SMS. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 14 avr. 2011 :  22:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@MindTwist

Hope, the tool will help you a little bit and i hope that it will work without issues ;-)
As i told, i will extend the functions next days.
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2011 :  17:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will this program work with TK103-2 as well?
Do I need special USB data cable for this, or any USB-to-miniUSB works with these GPS tracker devices? I need this info because I will need to order a data cable too if my USB cable used to communicate with my phone is not suitable.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 175 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05