Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2265

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2011 :  06:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why you dont use the firmware got from the manufactorer?
Go to Top of Page

fabrymi

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2011 :  09:11:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys.....where i can find the upload software and firmware??
Go to Top of Page

Angelych

Italy
37 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2011 :  11:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fabrymi

hi guys.....where i can find the upload software and firmware??

I have this

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ECF8ZDE

from an old tracker, but I do not know if it is the same as my new coban tracker.
SMS in new tracker say "http://www.wxlxy.com ....."

quote:
Originally posted by Grottenolm

Why you dont use the firmware got from the manufactorer?

I don't know what firmware I have. I want to be sure I can restore the old one.

Edited by - Angelych on 09 avr. 2011 12:21:10
Go to Top of Page

chimer

24 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2011 :  13:46:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
turboroe and Angelych

to download the firmware from TK102-2, you must have
- the special USB cable (installed)
- the program Flash magic (installed)(http://www.flashmagictool.com/)

1- remove the battery and the sim card
2- connect the long cable to the tracker
3- open Flashmagic
4- set
Select device: LPC2134
Com port: the good one.....
Baud Rate: 19200
Interface: none
Oscillator 11.0592
5-click ISP / Display Memory
6-Copy each memory block (Ctrl+A Ctrl+C)
and paste it to a text editor..
Go to Top of Page

fabrymi

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2011 :  14:00:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
angelych but for to upload I need a "testing mainboard"?
Go to Top of Page

Angelych

Italy
37 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2011 :  16:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chimer

turboroe and Angelych

to download the firmware from TK102-2, you must have
- the special USB cable (installed)
- the program Flash magic (installed)(http://www.flashmagictool.com/)

1- remove the battery and the sim card
2- connect the long cable to the tracker
3- open Flashmagic
4- set
Select device: LPC2134
Com port: the good one.....
Baud Rate: 19200
Interface: none
Oscillator 11.0592
5-click ISP / Display Memory
6-Copy each memory block (Ctrl+A Ctrl+C)
and paste it to a text editor..

When I plug USB cable to the Tracker the PC says unknown device

Edited by - Angelych on 09 avr. 2011 20:19:29
Go to Top of Page

fabrymi

Italy
6 Posts

Posted - 10 avr. 2011 :  12:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
chimer excuse me i want to upload the firmware to tk102...can you help me??
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  09:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. I bought a TK-102, but it unfortunately turned out it is a cheap wxlxy.com clone.
At first it worked, although it took half an hour until I was finally able to receive begin ok message.
I thought I may have done something in the wrong way.
I had some time playing around with it in the weekend. When it did work, it provided excellent coordinates (within 5-10 meters) via wxlxy.com links. But once I took out the battery and then reinserted it, it took again a lot of time to connect to GSM. I tried it with another SIM, it connected instantly. When I replaced SIM again, it just kind of stopped working. It just keeps flashing every second, and I am unable to call or send SMS to it. When it worked, it was blinking every 3-4 seconds.
Also it is very hard to switch it off with ON/OFF button: I have to hold it for 3 seconds, wait until it flashes approx. 5/sec, wait another sec then push it for about half a sec.
Switching on is usually easier by removing the battery. When I install the battery it automatically switches on.
But it won't connect to GSM. Not any more. I wondered if the SIM contact went wrong (that would explain why it worked OK with another SIM), but it no longer works even if I push the battery gently to enable better SIM contact. If I completely remove the SIM card it makes the same symptomes (flashing every second).
Do you know what happens if the GSM signal is ok but there is no GPS signal? Does it receive calls and command SMS-s? Or does it still blink every second and I cannot call it?
I understand this clone has a pretty **** hardware. One of the three battery contacts even has some solder on it, probably it had contact errors and this is how the Chinese professionals cured it. I can imagine how the SIM module is connected to the GSM chip; that would kind of explain why it no longer works.

I am planning to buy a Xexun TK102-2, but only if I can be sure it works OK when hidden below the cars dashboard and it does not need any physical intervention (as it is quite hard to access it). Does anyone have any experience? Is GPS and GSM signal enough strong when hidden in a car? When car battery gets exhausted or replaced, does the unit automatically power up and work when its internal battery is powered again via car charger? Or should I consider another brand that has external GPS antenna connection and is more robust and designed to be used as a covert GPS tracker)?

Edited by - GPSman on 11 avr. 2011 09:43:26
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  11:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GPSman, you can hide with no problem a TK102-2 on a car dashboard. Is GPS and GSM signal good enough? It might, it might not, you will not know until you try, it will depend on how good are the signals usually, on how much and where you hide it, etc. Unit should come back to life as soon as it receives again GPS/GSM signal, or power.

You also have moel TK103-2 from Xexun, that model is specifically for cars, it has external GPS and GSM antennas, so you can hide the tracker a lot more, but you can install the antennas on polaces where they will have better signal.
Go to Top of Page

chimer

24 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  15:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Angelych
I think you have to install the usb cable with the good driver
see here: (USB Driver V3.0.exe)
http://www.denken.com.br/gps_drivers.rar

fabrymi
you can use Flash magic with the good hex file for the TK102-2
see here: (ID100302trackerARM7.hex)
http://www.denken.com.br/update_tk102-2.rar
first you erase flash and after.. you load the hex file ((ID100302trackerARM7.hex))
Go to Top of Page

MindTwist

61 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  15:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Watch your upgrades! There are two kind of Xexun TK102-2 trackers. Old TK102-2 are using GSM SIM300 module, new TK102-2 are using GSM SIM900 modules. The firmwares are different, and if you upgrade with the wrong firmware you can brick your TK102-2.

I am not sure if there is a way to know 100% sure what TK102-2 you have, but if your IMEI starts with 35 it will probably be the old model (SIM300), and if it starts with 011 it will be the new model (SIM900).
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  15:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindTwist
I am not sure if there is a way to know 100% sure what TK102-2 you have, but if your IMEI starts with 35 it will probably be the old model (SIM300), and if it starts with 011 it will be the new model (SIM900).

I think asking Xexun itself is the most secure. I am pretty sure they know what GSM module is used in their product based on the IMEI number.
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  16:06:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if a Xexun TK102-2 or a TK103-2 is the better option for car tracking. GPRS is not important, but stockade function and current coordinates sent in SMS when I call the tracker should be very reliable. Also I want to hide the unit in the car in a place that is hard to access, which means it should recover automatically when battery is out and it gets power again (eg. car batter is exhausted then recharged or gets replaced), so that I don't have to take apart the car again to reset it. What would you suggest? TK102-2 is more compact and thus easier to hide, but can it get reliable GSM and GPS connection for stolen car tracking?
Go to Top of Page

SyaoranLi

16 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  17:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ey mates, already checked. The GPS from that seller in ebay is Xexun original.

Grottenolm, can you help me with this thing about saving the coordinates in a database?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

GPSman

76 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2011 :  17:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SyaoranLi

Ey mates, already checked. The GPS from that seller in ebay is Xexun original.

Who is that seller? I am planning to buy an original TK102-2 or TK103-2 and already contacted Xexun on their e-mail address but have not received any reply yet. Do they directly sell devices to customers at all? I could not find any prices on their website.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05