Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1951

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 175

rmontrose

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 12 août 2010 :  03:41:43  Show Profile  Visit rmontrose's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a current location for the TK-102 firmware files? The ftp.zangware.com site appears to be locked out. I'm really looking for a way to remove the wxlxy.com link from the device.

quote:
Originally posted by TiLO

szangvil

I have also tried to get onto your site. It does not even load.
Everyone else seems to be logging on to my server and there has not been any other down time again.
When I said it goes down now and again I meant once or twice a month for about an hour or so but not all the time. It is fairly stable for a dyndns.

My appologies to you all, I have not had time to really update the files as I would have liked to cause I am working almost around the clock to get a major project complete. There will however be more files available within the nex half hour or so. Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

kensm

41 Posts

Posted - 17 août 2010 :  04:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpstracking

No one will be able to teach you, because its a compiled firmware, so only the companies that produce the unit have the source to change or add new features.

@apassari

This tracker doesnt need 3G. In fact, the tracker only works with GPRS or SMS.
Your problem seens to be the SIM card, its not accepting calls. Is it a data sim card only? Because some sims have a data plan, so you cant call them.
Try to send the follow command to your tracker: t001m001n123456
It does the same thing as a call would do to your sim card.
If the tracker answer with the coordinates and everything, its your sim card that doesnt accept calls.

Best regards.
Go to Top of Page

steele

5 Posts

Posted - 18 août 2010 :  18:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm planning to buy a tk 102 just to use it for the voice monitor function. Is that function working well or can't you hear anything? How far away from the drivers seat can you place the device for it to work well?

best regards

steele
Go to Top of Page

chiyo

9 Posts

Posted - 20 août 2010 :  08:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
- A working selectable wxlxy.com link
- Use of the local GPS Tracker app
- Overall GPRS functionality
These three functions will always work, only www.gpstrackerxy.com may expired if you don't choose permenant.
quote:
Originally posted by ThePhantom

All,

After collecting a bit of information on the 102's that use the wxlxy.com SMS message, I've discovered a few things that may answer a number of questions...

- If your tracker sends the "wxlxy.com" link in the position SMS's, the tracker is manufactured by Coban Group

- If the link results in an "Invalid IMEI" message, your device has been purged from Coban's database of active devices

- If the above has happened, you may also have difficulty with GPRS communication, as well as the local "GPS Tracker" application, which will no longer retain your device configuration

To fix the above, you'll need to contact Coban for reactivation. When the devices are new, they provide a 1 month trial of the above features -- continuation requires payment of their one-time fee, which is currently $8/USD per tracker (not $50 as cited earlier).

Coban, as a wholesaler, offers an option to prepay for permanent activation to resellers. It appears that many of the eBay resellers are not opting to pay for the permanent activation when purchasing the trackers -- leaving that responsibility to you, the end-user.

I don't believe that this is some underhanded move by Coban -- rather, I believe it's confusion, and perhaps a language barrier, that is causing this.

It seems that if you choose not to permanently register your device, you can still use the SMS feature to get Lat/Lon (as provided at the very beginning of the SMS message), you'll lose the following features:

- A working selectable wxlxy.com link
- Use of the local GPS Tracker app
- Use of the gpstrackerxy.com website
- Overall GPRS functionality

the latter point has me personally a little distressed. It seems that even if you point your tracker at an app/site of your choice (like gpstrace.com or gpsgate.com), the lack of registration "breaks" GPRS. It seems that the tracker authenticates itself against Coban's servers regardless of whether you actually use their stuff. It seems that this functionality is dependent on them remaining in business, and not changing the rules on us in the future.

Granted, $8 is spare change, and the likelihood of Coban doing something out of wack during the usable life of these trackers is minimal.

<edit>

I have no idea how Xexun's devices work -- whether the license fee is paid for all devices up front, whether they do a similar authentication, etc...

Go to Top of Page

zasud

29 Posts

Posted - 27 août 2010 :  22:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to select GPRS connection protocol (UDP or TCP) on Xexun TK102-2 tracker?
Go to Top of Page

TK-102

Ukraine
1 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2010 :  16:15:47  Show Profile  Visit TK-102's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I insert the battery the green LED lights 10 seconds, blink after 4 seconds, but if i call the device with the phone it says the number is inaccessible, and as following from this is that the coordinates are not transmitted via GPS and im not able to sent any commands via SMS. I think that is some kind of sleeping mode but i dont know how i can turn it OFF. I tried to reset the device but it did not help. So i hope u can help me to solve this problem. I am waiting for your reply as soon as possible.
Go to Top of Page

fabaya

Argentina
38 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2010 :  22:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steele

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a tk 102 just to use it for the voice monitor function. Is that function working well or can't you hear anything? How far away from the drivers seat can you place the device for it to work well?

best regards

steele

Another mysterious feature of the TK-102 ...
Go to Top of Page

steele

5 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  08:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fabaya

quote:
Originally posted by steele

Hi,

best regards

steele

Another mysterious feature of the TK-102 ...

Yeah, and it doesn't work either. Just bought a tracker and when I call it in monitor mode all I hear is a loud disturbance just like when you put a mobile phone close to a loudspeaker.

Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  12:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
steele, did you buy a Xexun TK or another copy?
Go to Top of Page

steele

5 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  12:59:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grottenolm

steele, did you buy a Xexun TK or another copy?

I'm not sure, bought from Tradera wich is a swedish version of E-bay so I guess it's a copy.
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  14:00:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What did you pay for it?
xexun originals are little bit more expencive.
Go to Top of Page

steele

5 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  14:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

What did you pay for it?
xexun originals are little bit more expencive.

About $100
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  14:14:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hm, sounds as a Xexun copy and i think this may be the reason for the issue.
I baught a cheap copy in the past too and the quality was as bad as possible.

Can you return from the buy-contract?
Go to Top of Page

steele

5 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  14:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hm, sounds as a Xexun copy and i think this may be the reason for the issue.
I baught a cheap copy in the past too and the quality was as bad as possible.

Can you return from the buy-contract?

Yeah I think so to. But the gps function works great so I think I stick with it anyway. The Monitor mode was just a bonus =)
Go to Top of Page

Grottenolm

Germany
206 Posts

Posted - 31 août 2010 :  14:27:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehe, sounds okay ;-)

I had much problems with my copy with the gps and settings. Everytime after battery was empty unit lost its gprs settings, the ip and the port so i had to reconfigure by SMS every day again. Thats the reason because i sold it few weeks later.

A friend of mine has the origin TK and this unit works very fine. I receive its gps data at my computer and never realized any issues.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 175 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05