Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2274

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Advanced Topics
 Live GPS Tracking Systems
 [TOPIC] Xexun "TK102" Tracker - User Experiences
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 176

GPSKlaus

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2008 :  12:31:54  Show Profile  Visit GPSKlaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Product page on Xexun site : >> link <<

Hello,
one oft most actual GPS-Trackers currently is the "TK102" from company XEXUN in China. This unit is offered at relatively low prices and by using a lot of different product names ( e.g. via EBAY ).
Inside is a GPS/GSM-Modul "MC55" or "MC56" from SIEMENS with using SIRF3 GPS-Receiver chips.
Simply the "TK102" can respond to polling calls, but it also can be configured for sending in certain time intervals or after moving. Besides this there also is a geo-fence mode and a way for listening to it's build in microphone. Reply messages can via SMS or GPRS.

I am just doing my first steps with "TK102" and up to now only did test it's SMS functions.
Polling so far did run without problems, but i found, there ONLY was a reply in case "TK102" did have an actual GPS-Fix. Nevertheless also invalid positions seem to be stored within it's memory, because when pushing the SOS-Button while there is no FIX, the Tracker is sending it with being marked as OLD messages ( signal:L ).
It would be interesting for me to hear about this behaviour and general experiences with "TK102" also from others.

Klaus

----------------------------
Moderator edit
quote:
Originally posted by rompan66

USER GUIDE / MANUAL FOR MANY TK TRACKER MODELS
IF YOU SEARCHING TK Tracker manual including some Communication Protocol
http://www.teknikgruvan.se/pages/Gps%252dTracker.html

Edited by - barbudor on 06 févr. 2013 21:15:38

Ads

gpspassion

93998 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2008 :  12:43:35  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting, looks like they copied the name of the Globalsat TR-102...added a picture and link to your post, haven't tried it myself.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

GPSKlaus

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2008 :  13:35:56  Show Profile  Visit GPSKlaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't compare "TR-102" with "TK-102". Also special features are different. Mine exactly seems to be the one that can be seen via the link, but also there are versions printed differently or without any printing at all.

There is French language tread on this tracker ( but my knowlwdge in French unfortunately isn't good enough to read it in all details ):
http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=97742

With some mainly far east companies there is a problem regarding service and support. So especially in this cases it is very nice, sharing user experiences by using this forum. Meanwhile this path is dominated by logger solutions, so my personal wish would be, to have different sections for loggers and trackers. How?

Klaus

Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

93998 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2008 :  14:50:33  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How is this related to the Xexun ? Do you want to be a moderator of that new section ? If yes I'll create it, if it's something more I need to do, then we'll pass unless there are other requests.

Obviously I can see there is a difference between the Xexun TK-102 and the Globalsat TR-102, I was only pointing out that the name is a strange coincidence.

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

GPSKlaus

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 12 mars 2008 :  15:37:52  Show Profile  Visit GPSKlaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
> How is this related to the Xexun ? Do you want to be a moderator of that new section ? If yes I'll create it, if it's something more I need to do, then we'll pass unless there are other requests.

Yes, i will try to do so, but i am not at all familar with GPRS mode ( and don't intend to use it myself ).

> Obviously I can see there is a difference between the Xexun TK-102 and the Globalsat TR-102,

General use of course is similar. One difference is: "TK102" e.g. has no bidirectional telephone function, but according to my opinion, it is better suited for car installation.
We have heard about problems on using "TR-102" under GPRS. So it would be interesting
to hear, whether there are similar difficulties also with "TK-102".
Besides this, there is one important thing, being not mentioned within the manual: It's regarding best positioning for optimal GPS antenna reception. So we have to find out ourselves. Best would be, in case somebody could take an X-ray photo.

Somebody told me, GPS antenna is patch format and located at flat side opposite to battery cover. So best would be, to point this side towards the sky.

Klaus

Edited by - GPSKlaus on 20 mars 2008 20:35:21
Go to Top of Page

GPSKlaus

Germany
58 Posts

Posted - 13 mars 2008 :  09:05:25  Show Profile  Visit GPSKlaus's Homepage  Reply with Quote
TK102 manual can be downloaded here:
http://www.biihoo.com/GPS%20tracker%20user%20manual(TK102).pdf

Attention: end of link address: (TK102).pdf must be entered manually

Klaus

Edited by - GPSKlaus on 13 mars 2008 09:29:10
Go to Top of Page

wschiro

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  11:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my experience with this tracker is bad. The move-function only works, if the tracker has moved mor than 2 km! And the geo-fence 77x111 m give an alarm when the tracker is inside the coordinates.

Sometimes comes a message "add master ok!", Anybody knows the meaning?

How I can obtain the software version and what version is the last?
Go to Top of Page

phicarre

Switzerland
14 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  18:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you equipped to update the firmware ?
Go to Top of Page

wschiro

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 07 avr. 2008 :  20:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no, sorry, but i know, this is a special eq
Go to Top of Page

phicarre

Switzerland
14 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  00:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes, I am equipped !
You can do nothing with a new version. Why are you looking for it ?
Go to Top of Page

wschiro

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 09 avr. 2008 :  19:13:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hoped, the new version has less mistakes. My problem is, that the tracker gives an alarm in move modus, when the tracker has moved about 4 km, not earlier! This is to late! And in geo-fence 77x111m the tracker provide an alarm, if the tracker is inside the geo-fence. This is an mistake! I want to use the tracker, to protect my boot.
Go to Top of Page

migpir

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 15 avr. 2008 :  21:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. If anyone needs the technical manual for the TK-102 TRACKER, I have it in pdf format at my site:

Go to Top of Page

wschiro

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 16 avr. 2008 :  18:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi migpir,

do you have made any tests with th tracker? I'm very interested for the results.
Go to Top of Page

migpir

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 17 avr. 2008 :  17:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wschiro:

I am in contact with a sales rep from xenxun about wholesale purchasing for resale. I have a sample that I will be receiving soon that I will be conducting field trials with.

I will be posting my findings, measurements, results on this forum.

migpir
Go to Top of Page

Neil Wain

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 21 avr. 2008 :  21:27:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi friends of TK102 I have used the tracker now for about a month and found it sound. I use it only for my caravan but had a play around with it and had the Move set thinking as soon as it moved a inch or two it would alarm out but did not phoned suppliers up and was told that its not that sensitive said that it would alarm if moving to next street. also asked about the soft ware it mentioned in manual page 18-19 GPRS? but said they was no software avi. also say in manual that the USB port you can update software but again told no software was avi now or can not see any in the near future. Any comment or information would be truly grateful
Go to Top of Page

wschiro

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - 22 avr. 2008 :  08:02:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neil Wain:
You can test the tracker very simple, call the tracker (not SMS!) and the tracker answer with a SMS which includes the geo-dates und the speed.
If no answer, then you have to correct the settings of the SIM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 176 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,81 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05