Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Software
 "Off-Road" GPS Software
 [TOPIC] Trimble Outdoor Suite - Reviewed
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulkbiba

USA
5064 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2008 :  18:08:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Trimble website : >> link <<
>> Full review << on the portal

Introduction
Trimble is one of the big guys in the GPS world, but the consumer doesn't often see them. They are a major player in "commercial" GPS. If you go to the Trimble website and look at their products the categories are Precision Agriculture, Engineering and Construction, Field and Mobile Worker and Advanced Devices. In the annual DARPA unmanned vehicle challenge Trimble GPS devices are often used for the precision guidance of the competing vehicles. That is why I was so intrigued when I saw a "Trimble Outdoors" booth at CES. Someone like this coming into the consumer market is very exciting.

The Trimble Outdoors Suite
Trimble Outdoors is a suite of products that are meant to run on a GPS enabled phone, including phones such as the Razr which are not even smartphones. The suite consists of 4 products:

Allsport GPS: which can track exercise activity by monitoring time, speed, calories burned and distance traveled. Users can download map impates to their phones and do performance statistics and progress monitoring on Trimble's associated website.

Geocache Navigator: which works in conjunction with Geocaching.com by using that sites geocache database. Using a GPS enabled phone the user can have the phone guide them to the cache and the phone will also provide compass-based navigation, maps, speed, heading, location, distance, cache description logs, hits, etc.

Trimble Outdoors: is an outdoor trip planning and navigation program that allows the user to review and plan trips online and send routes, maps and waypoints to their GPS enable phone and then use the phone as a full featured navigator.

GuideWorxGPS: which enables turn by turn driving directions and off-rioad navigation on a GPS enabled phone. A current listing of the phones that the Trimble software runs on can be found here.

>> CLICK HERE << for the full review on the portal.

Questions, comments ?

Don't forget the GPSPassion Club!

Ads

gpspassion

94640 Posts

Posted - 06 févr. 2008 :  18:15:48  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the review. This looks like an excellent product, who would have thought a few years ago that a "cell phone" would be the best tool for geocaching, at least to get started with geocaching, for more advanced geocaching and tougher conditions, a rugged handheld would still come in handy.

The best part is that in spite of the diminutive GPS antenna inside the phone accuracy was not an issue!

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

skunk

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 12 févr. 2011 :  18:12:06  Show Profile  Visit skunk's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll have to back this one up, I just found this thread, but have been using Trimble since I got my Droid X. I run an offroad community based out of northeast PA (www.offroadnuts.com), and have been mapping many areas since I started using Trimble, great program, even has an option for offroading (has a pic of a little truck) which I find pretty cool. Its easy to use, I can activate it as I'm driving. I used to use MS streets on my laptop, but that was a huge hassle, with wires everywhere and it didnt have the cool features trimble has like making waypoints with pics for landmarks and such.

Long story short, Trimble gets my vote!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05