Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Navigon 8100 with MN|7 - User Reviews
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 21 janv. 2008 :  21:49:17  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATED 20081115 - The Navigon series 8 was released in Europe under the 8110T name in the spring and is finally making it to the US as the 8100T in late 2008.

It stands out from the other GPS systems with :
1. "Panorama View" that shows the actual terrain, impressive in hilly areas and in the mountains !
2. Large 4.8" screen
3. Active car holder with "pole" mount
4. FreshMaps (quarterly map updated) subscription included

With a succesful year under its belt in the US with the launch of the 5100, 7100 but mostly the 2100, the "black friday" star, Navigon is working on Series 8 with the 8110 powered by MN|7.

The upcoming 8110 is a stylish affair with its brushed metal finish and large 4.8" screen, but also a powerful one with 128Mb of RAM and a graphics coprocessor on board. MN|7 has been optimized to offer a faster response time and the "extended lanes" feature has been given more space for improved visibility. No firm relase date yet, but the upcoming 3GSM and Cebit shows sould provide more information.

Questions, comments?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?

Ads

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2008 :  02:32:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like they've add media playback.

Please find out if upgrades will be available to MN7 for current 21/51/71xx owners. Cost (if applicable)?

Thanks,
Justin
Go to Top of Page

snakyjake

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2008 :  06:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like how the device shows which land to be in. Like seeing the posted speed limit too.

I'd like to know how this device compares to the Garmin Nuvi line (for the U.S.). The Navigon UI looks better to me than Garmin. But not sure about route calculations and POI.
Go to Top of Page

egadgetguy

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2008 :  17:05:16  Show Profile  Visit egadgetguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unless they have fixed the routing bug from the 21/51/71xx line, then that's a drawback.

As for the other things, Reality view is reported to BITE! but other then that, the Navigon really competes, it's very cool without RV if you can get past the horrible routing! I wish I had kept my 2100 and waited for the fix [which hasn't arrived AFIK]

GPS history: Garmin eMap + eMap [both broke] >> Magellan MAP410 > Garmin GPS'V' +
JensenNVX200 > Garmin Nuvi200 > Navigon 2100 > MIO C230 > Navigon7100!
Current GPSs: Garmin GPS'V' and Navigon7100!
Jensen & Mio use TA maps which suck in AL. Navigon is only good AIO with NavTeq
Go to Top of Page

TQuila

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 23 janv. 2008 :  22:49:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, since CeBIT is not until March 4-9 in Hanover, Germany we'll have some time to speculate. Tech website SlashGear is saying that the 8110 will sadly be a Europe only model. But if you look closely at their naming conventions, Navigon's US models end in "00" rather than "10" (as in europe). I suspect that they are therefore correct and that any "8" series US model would be named the 8100.

Such trifles aside, I am interested in learning more about the enhancements to be introduced in MN|7. Better and quicker routing? More configuration options? Perhaps a set-up wizard that personalizes the unit based on your answers to a series of questions.

For the hardware, a processor running at 533 MHz, a graphic accelerator, and 128 MB of memory will do their part to speed things up. The european version's MSRP is 499 euros. I wonder what a US version's street price will be?
Go to Top of Page

Kondyke

65 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2008 :  12:51:12  Show Profile  Visit Kondyke's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

For the hardware, a processor running at 533 MHz, a graphic accelerator, and 128 MB of memory will do their part to speed things up. The european version's MSRP is 499 euros. I wonder what a US version's street price will be?

At a straight conversation of 499.EUR to 727.USD Im glad I paid $99.bucks for a 2100 and waiting for the upgrade at the end of the 1st quarter. If I want to watch movies & listen to music I will buy the specific device to do so. I Myself would never ever pay that much for a GPS, WHY, in world would you. And I own 4 of them, by different companys.

Koni
Go to Top of Page

TQuila

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 24 janv. 2008 :  23:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
NO NEED TO QUOTE A MESSAGE DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS, SERVER SAYS THANKS ;-) GPSPASSION TEAM
First, European prices include a 20% VAT.
Second, there is always a difference between MSRP ($299.00) and street price ($99.00) if you look hard enough and are patient... I see you did both.
Finally, everyone needs to do their own cost benefit analysis based on the best price found. I may yet buy a 2100.

As I said, I wonder what a US version's street price will be?
Go to Top of Page

aer

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 31 janv. 2008 :  01:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[QUOTE SNIPPED]

Exactly. I got a three 2100Ts for $99, a 5100 for $149 (radio shack) and ultimately my 7100 cost $300 with a 4gb card.

I lived in Europe half my life and retail there is different (although changing). Most of Europe doesn't see the same kind of price cutting we see. Navigon's VP said said in press reports in October that they were going to come in at $99 with a unit for last black fiday, I just think we were all suprised to see the traffic included when they did.

I would say discounted street on the 8100 will be $400 one month after release, rise a bit and then fall again. It will depend on Garmins 7xx structure once that line roles out fully.
Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2008 :  22:32:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In action:

http://www.ppc-welt.info/communitydownloads/NAVIGON_8110.wmv

I can't read German, but others might be able to. Menu navigation looks significantly faster.

Justin
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 17 févr. 2008 :  23:45:08  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting, do you have the link to the page on the ppc-welt site where this has been posted, or is it a hidden link ?

Discounts and Assistance/Réductions et Assistance (Club GpsPasSion) / Où commencer?
Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 18 févr. 2008 :  17:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Translated from Google: http://tinyurl.com/2ow4uv

Justin
Go to Top of Page

aer

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2008 :  13:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are some things that are not analogous between US and Euro models
a) there are a couple of versions of TMC in Europe. In the US we don't
have TMC "pro" so the 8100 won't have that as an added feature over
US 51/7100's
b) we already have TTS on 5100 and 7100 (the Europe versions don't)
so that is not an upgrade on our end.

Better lane assist graphics look good, especially since a lot of people prefer that to reality view anyway.
Speculation is that lane assist pro and RV pro also increase the number of junctions covered. That is reasonable since th third party company that provided the data has probably not been asleep for a year. On LA pro, I know they "now keep to the right now keep to the left" was a problem they are probably addressing with an extended lane assist graphic.

I was also stunned and the answer I got on downloading contacts via
bluetooth on my 7100 when Navigon said no one needs that. They had not
even considered that this was not just about ease of telephone dialing
contacts people navigate to contacts but for ease of navigating *to* contacts. That is a really useful addition.

I do wonder if they will put pio warner or pio warner "lite" on the US version since they are not adding TTS (all their US version already have it) and perhaps not or TMC Pro.

Edited by - aer on 19 févr. 2008 15:54:29
Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 28 févr. 2008 :  21:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ gpspassion,
Are you heading to CeBIT? If so, could you ask the Navigon representatives the questions posed here? Also, what's the 9312? And 4513?

Thanks,
Justin
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 29 févr. 2008 :  01:59:00  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No CeBIT this year for me unfortunately, what are 9312 and 4513?

Go to Top of Page

weatheryoko

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 29 févr. 2008 :  06:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No idea. If you go to this link (Navigon's Website):

http://www.navigon.com/site/uk/en/cebit08

and click on "Sweepstake", there is a reference to these units (All of which evidently have a 4.8" screen).

Justin
Go to Top of Page

gpspassion

94046 Posts

Posted - 29 févr. 2008 :  18:32:15  Show Profile  Visit gpspassion's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got it http://www.navigon.com/site/int/en/cebit08#sweepstake
Actually I think the other two units don't exist ;-)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05