Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2173

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 V7 Nav720 Unlock WinCE
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

smatofu

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  03:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by termn8er

One minor issue, flipping the "E & W" on the compass.

Thanks

E and W are correct. They show you in what direction you are moving, and this is opposite to regular compass. Test it when you are driving. Often, I just want to know if I am moving West or East, and this info was not easily avail in the head-up map mode.

I am very happy that you, guys, like the screen. I am preparing for vacations now, and then the vacations, so expect more updates in 2-3 months.

Stan Matofu
Go to Top of Page

smatofu

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  04:15:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smatofu

quote:
Originally posted by falcon3

quote:
Originally posted by chanrc

[quote]Originally posted by smatofu

Quick description of the "skin" features. For more read the thread.

Stan,
I just wanted to share an option I have made with the Route Method. I would give the the entire file; however, I have taken the "Easy" option out. By adding the info below, the route will automatically recalculate when the Route Method is changed.

In the Navigate_480_272.ui file

Add run store_route_data_recalculate to the following script...

<script sc_switch_route_method>

runif vRouteType "ECO" 'vRouteType.set "FAST", run sc_route_method_show'
else_runif vRouteType "SHORT" 'vRouteType.set "ECO", run sc_route_method_show'
else_runif vRouteType "FAST" 'vRouteType.set "SHORT", run sc_route_method_show'
else_runif vRouteType "SIMPLE" 'vRouteType.set "FAST", run sc_route_method_show'
else_run 'txt_route_plan_mode.text "n/a"'
run store_route_data_recalculate

I have also added a toggle button to the main screen that hides the Zoom, Sat., Mute, Bluetooth, and Susp. buttons. I have not made it available yet because I have to add a variable for the toggle so that when you leave the main screen, it remembers the state of the button. Now it shows the buttons every time you leave and come back. You then have to hit the New Hide button twice to hide the buttons again.

Great find. Thanks, Ed. I will include all your changes in my next version.

Some ideas,
1. I often want to find a route with fewest turns and intersections. The idea is: calculate same route in all modes (fastest, shortest, eco, easy), show results (number of turns, number of intersections, time, distance) on one screen, and let the user select the final routing method.

2. What is the fastest way to point the device to go or avoid a certain area? I can set a via point, but I have to do it precisely, otherwise I will be directed off the main route. I would just want to say "go the best route through this area".

Stan Matofu
Go to Top of Page

falcon3

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2008 :  07:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

http://rapidshare.com/files/115470269/Data.zip

New Skin for Nav740 and Nav720 with parts of Stan Matofu’s original..

Tested on Nav740 only… Should work on 720’s as well…
New Features:
Tilt UP/DOWN
Route Del and Next Via Skip Popup
Save Address Button
2D Follow Mode Fix (happened every time I returned back to the Navigate screen)
Push Button New Route Method & Auto Calculation.

Skin Button Info:
I will not go into detail on most things as the picture should illustrate the functions; however, there are a couple things to point out.
(1) The Save Address button that is located on the Route Info page will save an address after you locate it. VERY IMPORTANT – If you hit anywhere on the map after finding an address, that new point will be saved instead of the address you want. To correct this, before saving, you will need to go into History and reselect the location again, then save. ALWAYS VERIFY THE ADDRESS BEFORE HITTING SAVE… Also, the address that is put into favorites can sometimes be a couple of numbers off from the address you searched for. This is an issue with the mapping software and really nothing can be done about it for now. When you name your new address, I suggest putting the correct house or location number in the name.

(2) On the Route Info page, you can change the Route Method by selecting the square around the current method. I omitted the EASY button as I could not see the value. I can always add it back in if the general opinion is that it should be there.

To load this skin, simply add the new Data.zip file to the SD card in the IGO DIR. It is very important to do this only on the SD card and not the internal memory.

Please feel free to critique this skin and let me know your thoughts and ideas.

Please take note that this is a free skin that is done purely for my enjoyment and in no way am I responsible for any damage that may occur with your device.

Thanks to Stan Matofu for getting this started, and to "The mioscripting blog".

Ed Greene

Ed Greene

Edited by - falcon3 on 20 mai 2008 21:33:22
Go to Top of Page

Kelvinls

5 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2008 :  19:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Niece upodate skin falcon3.Attempt to uplink but you link is broken. Also Were did you put the bluetooth icon as I have the Nav720. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

falcon3

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 18 mai 2008 :  21:10:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelvinls

Niece upodate skin falcon3.Attempt to uplink but you link is broken. Also Were did you put the bluetooth icon as I have the Nav720. Thanks

I just checked the link and it worked. Make sure you are only entering in the letters with the picture of the cat next to it when you get to the Rapidshare site. The bluetooth icon only shows up on 720 devices. I have a 740 (no bluetooth), so that is why you don't see it in the picture. I did trick the software into showing me the icon and moved it in an area that will work.
Ed

Ed Greene

Edited by - falcon3 on 18 mai 2008 21:19:36
Go to Top of Page

roma11_22

16 Posts

Posted - 19 mai 2008 :  02:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow...great job Stan & falcon. My nav 720 is still under repair, its been a month now. Will try after i get it.

IGO 8 is out and i have the PNA/PDA version already, wondering if it would work on our 720/740. 3d views would be nice..right
Give me a buzz if someone wud like to try it? The exe is named igo8.exe instead of igopna.exe. Also the TTS files are not provided in software, but i think we can keep our old ones.
Go to Top of Page

hondyboy

13 Posts

Posted - 24 mai 2008 :  05:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome job smatofu and falcon3! I tried the falcon3 skin on my 720, and it seems to work like a charm. I've turned the Nav over to my wife now, so I don't see it very much anymore.... :-(
Go to Top of Page

nc54

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10 juin 2008 :  22:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm bumping this thread to keep the conversation going, and to let everyone who is improved this device know... that there are many of us that have not contributed to this thread that appreciate all the work. Please Keep up the work. Im looking forward to seeing what smatofu will have for us when he gets back from vacation.

With all the improvements to the interface I dont think i'll ever need to use alternate navigating software on the nav ;however, I would like to hear more from those that have loaded other navigating software on the device. Please share the files or link to those forums that give the instructions. They may come in handy.
Go to Top of Page

NavTed

1 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2008 :  01:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Agree ! I really enjoy the enhancements both of you are doing. I have tried both Skins, and both are great. My preference (IMHO) for myself only, is Smatofu's, only because of the placement of icons and the icon colors are easier for me to see, as is the speed location. Thanks guys for all of your hard work. Keep it going .. The functionality and screen has improved dramatically on both versions!
Go to Top of Page

nc54

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 11 juin 2008 :  18:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like how ed removed the box around the satellite. Can this be done for the zoom in and out and tilt? also the auto hide is a great feature. I would also hide the tilt and zoom. Add in elevation so it can be seen while driving.
Go to Top of Page

roma11_22

16 Posts

Posted - 15 juin 2008 :  04:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could some one help me here. I am not able to load falcon's new theme on my nav720. I put data.zip on my sd card under "iGO" directory. "iGO" directory also has folder "MAPS" in it. The device reads the new maps from sd card but not the new data.zip ?? Do I need to rename the data.zip file on the memory first ???? because falcon said it should work directly from sd card.

Thanks in advance
roma
Go to Top of Page

roma11_22

16 Posts

Posted - 15 juin 2008 :  05:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another question - Has someone tried changing the COM port, because the GPS takes very long time to fix. May be changing the port, or tweaking some GPSMode entries in registry might do the trick ? Anyone any idea/pointers would be helpful.

Thanks again
Roma
Go to Top of Page

hondyboy

13 Posts

Posted - 19 juin 2008 :  22:34:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Falcon3, when you make additional changes, would you consider adding the mute button to the screen? We just got back from a trip, and it would have been nice to be able to easily mute the unit when taking a detour for lunch, rather than turning it off....

Also, what options are there to change the color scheme? It seems the orange background gets washed out more than the standard colors, maybe due to the tan interior of my vehicle.

Thanks! --HB
Go to Top of Page

shadetyler

3 Posts

Posted - 23 juin 2008 :  00:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, falcon3 an smatofu (along with the rest of this forum), have inspired me to purchase, hack, and mod a V7 gps. I bought a nav740 off newegg.com. I think it is a pretty good GPS unit, but I have also noticed the battery doesn't last more than an hour or an hour and a half. I plan to keep it plugged in.

As far as hacking and modding, I have successfully accessed Windows CE (using this hacks mentioned on page 1) and have started writing a browser application for it. I realize that it doesn't naively have hardware to connect to internet, but I am planning on using either a wifi USB (with a mini USB port soldered onto it) or use the Eye Fi SD card, hacked. For my first modifications, I have started skinning the menus and backgrounds to be similar to Vista (or Vista inspired). The icons are a melting pot of various icons I found online and somewhat resemble Mac OSX icons. As soon as I am done skinning, I will upload that for people to use on their own nav7** gps units. I will also be remodeling the face and am looking into MioMap's newest mapping software as a possible upgrade in the future. So far this has been a fun side project.

Thanks everyone.

Shade

Edited by - shadetyler on 23 juin 2008 05:30:23
Go to Top of Page

falcon3

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 23 juin 2008 :  19:06:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hondyboy

Falcon3, when you make additional changes, would you consider adding the mute button to the screen? We just got back from a trip, and it would have been nice to be able to easily mute the unit when taking a detour for lunch, rather than turning it off....

Also, what options are there to change the color scheme? It seems the orange background gets washed out more than the standard colors, maybe due to the tan interior of my vehicle.

Thanks! --HB

HB,

When you press the Route Info Button which is where you see the current street (refer to image in this post), it will take you to a screen where you can mute. The button is located in the upper right if memory serves me correctly.

As far as the color goes, what color would you like and I can possibly customize it for you personally?

Ed Greene
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05