Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Unlocking Magellan Maestro series
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

mantracker

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2008 :  22:52:11  Show Profile  Visit mantracker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by staticblac

Keyboard is a work in progress, the jotkbd program I assume you tried run but does not actually type. I believe it is due to a missing dll which I am trying to fix. There was a forum post I found http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8124&st=0&p=106375#entry106375

which has a procedure to enable the builtin sip keyboard. But this also requires explorer.exe to be running as well. I got stuck trying to figure out a way to increase the size of the rom partition so I can add files to it and run explorer.exe.

You can get a copy of all the 5.0 system files compiled for the arm processor from http://rapidshare.com/files/36644776/Windows_CE_5.0_system_files.rar
I found on these forums.

Now the key is to get the required files ( .exe and .dll ) to the rom ( /windows ) partition so they will load and we can get a keyboard.

Using a program called depends.exe you can figure out what dll files are required and once the space is increased copy them to /windows suing a file manager. Now once explorer.exe is copied you can access the hidden menu is system settings and click start explorer. And there you have it.

SAS Wizard
Go to Top of Page

mantracker

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02 sept. 2008 :  22:53:10  Show Profile  Visit mantracker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Keyboard is a work in progress, the jotkbd program I assume you tried run but does not actually type. I believe it is due to a missing dll which I am trying to fix. There was a forum post I found http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8124&st=0&p=106375#entry106375

which has a procedure to enable the builtin sip keyboard. But this also requires explorer.exe to be running as well. I got stuck trying to figure out a way to increase the size of the rom partition so I can add files to it and run explorer.exe.

You can get a copy of all the 5.0 system files compiled for the arm processor from http://rapidshare.com/files/36644776/Windows_CE_5.0_system_files.rar
I found on these forums.

Now the key is to get the required files ( .exe and .dll ) to the rom ( /windows ) partition so they will load and we can get a keyboard.

Using a program called depends.exe you can figure out what dll files are required and once the space is increased copy them to /windows suing a file manager. Now once explorer.exe is copied you can access the hidden menu is system settings and click start explorer. And there you have it.

SAS Wizard
Go to Top of Page

mjmeans

2 Posts

Posted - 19 sept. 2008 :  20:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I found on these forums.

I am investigating SDHC support for the 3100 and believe the SC2443 chipset does in fact support SD 2.0/SDHC under Windows CE 5. However, I am not able to get the dll's working from the above package. With that package "SDMMC Card" does not mount at all, even with regulary SD card. It's possible that the sdbus.dll in the archive is broken or that there needs to be an updated sdhc_sc2443.dll file. BTW, the "hc" in sdhc_sc2443 does not mean "High Capacity", it means "Host Controller".

Can anyone verify whether sdbus.dll in that archive was compiled after applying the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933809 - Windows CE 5.0 SD 2.0 patch to the platform builder?

If not, does anyone here have platform builder and are able to provide ARMv4i binaries for sdbus.dll and sdmemory.dll including the MS SD 2.0 patch?

Edited by - mjmeans on 20 sept. 2008 01:56:01
Go to Top of Page

mjmeans

2 Posts

Posted - 20 sept. 2008 :  07:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some new info... I'm pretty sure the 18r6 update for the 3100 has the updated host controller sdhc_sc2443.dll since it is dated June 12, 2007, since it's dated after the May 7th SD 2.0 update. However, the built-in sdbus.dll and sdmemory.dll are dated March 7, 2007 so the problem is likely only with these two drivers. I think I read somewhere that a Mio running CE 5 and a 2443 processor has been confirmed to work with SDHC. If anyone has the hc, bus and memory dll files from that please share them.

Also, even though the 3100 has sdmemory.dll, there is no [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\SDMemory] key and entries in the default registry. Yet the SD card works with 2GB and lower cards. But if I add the key and entries to enable the already Magellan supplied dll, it stops recognizing any SD card. So this is pretty weird.

I am building a collection of .reg and .mscr files that mostly unlock the 3100. I have working: Windows CE Desktop (Explorer), Control Panel, SIP, CAB Install and Start Menu with several utilities (regedit, resmgr, editor, calc and some others), and iGo8 works! Also the script, upon hard reset asks if it should be installed or not.

A few more things I want to finish before the unlock is finished enough to post: My Device, Recycle Bin, SDHC, and more control panel applets.

And I still need to test \Windows\Startup entries to make sure they work as expected.
Go to Top of Page

tricorn

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2008 :  04:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re: checksum of winceimg.bin

The winceimg.cks file contains:

binSize : 6171620
checksum: 0x24C7BF1E

(for example)

The winceimg.bin file for the 4000 (out of the 2.36 firmware update) is 6171624 bytes long, and the last 4 bytes are the checksum. You can use, e.g.

od -x winceimg.bin | tail-2

(in Unix, I don't know what it would be on a Windows machine) to see the last bit of the file; for the above file, it looks like:

27425740 0000 0000 24c7 bf1e

I'm not sure what checksum algorithm is being used; other posts have implied that it is using CRC-32 as implemented in Winhex, but that should be the same as the algorithm used by the Unix command "cksum -o3", which doesn't appear to match. In any case, try extracting the value of the checksum from the end of the .bin file to put in the .cks file, it should work.

I've come to the conclusion that the serial number for the device is stored somewhere in the flashed rom, but NOT in the file system. The UNIT_ID.DAT file is recreated when the device is booted (at a point before it goes to the USB transfer program if a USB connection is present); this is also where the same file is written out to the SD card if one is inserted. I'm reasonably certain that the file in the built-in memory contains the full serial number, while the file that is written to the external card has the last digit removed, or at least that's what worked with the map update.

In the update process, these two files are used by the updater to determine which file devices correspond to the internal/external storage and to pull the information about version/serial number/power status. For example, if I have another drive, put in a /APP /USR /MAP /SYS directory and put a USER_ID.DAT file in /SYS/USB, it goes ahead and thinks it is a valid device to update. If there's another device that has a /SYS/USB/USER_ID.DAT file, then it will use that device as well (if it needs an external card, such as for doing a firmware update).

The internal serial number on my 4000 looks like it is wiped; every time I restart it resets the internal UNIT_ID.DAT to have a 0000000000 serial number; I can even delete the file and it will recreate it no problem. If I have it connected to the computer via USB, I can then edit the file, set it to the correct serial number, and the map update works with the authorization code that matches that serial number, but after the update the serial number just resets to zero and it won't accept the map files ("This map is not compatible with this unit!" and then hangs when you click OK).

When you start the device up with reset held down and there's an SD card inserted, it tries to boot off of that, but I don't know what the boot loader is expecting; it says:

SD card boot
Please wait...
Waiting!!
BOOTSEC is in Sector 63!!
MountDisk SUCCESS !
open fie failed!
ERROR happened!
Put image file into SD!

(it does this whether or not WinCE is installed on the unit).

So it's looking for some file to boot, but I'm not sure what it's looking for, or if anyone has enough information to write a program that will be able to run without WinCE being loaded, but I'd love to have something that would grab the boot flash area and dump it to the SD card so I could compare a couple units without having to modify them.

What would be even better is if there's some way for it to auto-run a program on the SD card while running WinCE, again without modifying anything on the unit itself. I know the update process uses a technique of writing USBxxxxxx.cmd files which contain lines such as FROMHOST024 and/or lists of files, which tell it to delete files, reboot and load firmware, etc. I also know that if the UNIT_ID.DAT file is missing from the internal storage, but exists in USBTRANS on the external card, it copies from that. I don't know if there's any way to put a USBxxxxxx.cmd file in the USBTRANS directory on the card and use that to tell (presumably TNShell.exe?) to execute an arbitrary program.
Go to Top of Page

johnnyzigzag

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 23 sept. 2008 :  22:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mackmain

quote:
Originally posted by xdanx

quote:

quote:

@mackmain

What kind of modification have you done in the apps folder? Do you mind sharing your files?

Here is the link of all i have put in my GPS.

Some things only work in Mio GPS but you can make changes if you want.

http://rapidshare.com/files/93251345/Alterado.rar.html

I followed your instructions but it doesn't work. I changed Navigator.exe to MyNavigator.exe. Mio Navigator.exe and Softbutton run at startup but I can only see Softbutton with a blank screen. Navigator.exe is running in the background but it doesn't show.

Sorry i have make a changes..
You have to download this file and replace some files

http://rapidshare.com/files/93528548/Desktop.rar.html

Thanks for the information... I was able to get it running on my 4040!!! Thank you!!!

I noticed that you changed the skin... how did you do that?
Go to Top of Page

Beastr0

1 Posts

Posted - 29 sept. 2008 :  07:01:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got FileManager installed and reg edit.. how do you do changes to registry if you can't type? sorry very new at this... love this site impressive what you can do with this thing! have the 4040 having a bit of issues with video yet... won't run tcmp but will keep reading to get this fixed.. I just want to know what I'm issing to modify registry...

[quote]Originally posted by tskitishvili

Some people wonder how to install cab files on Magellan 32xx.
Below you will find what needs to be done in order to make cab installer work on 3225. It will also make Open/Save dialog work in many application. For example you will be able to use File->Import/File->Export menu in RegEdit.exe

• Modify registry to add directory with windows files to search path:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader]
    SystemPath=multi_sz:\\HDD\\PATCH\\Windows

• Add registry keys to associate CAB with wceload.exe.

• 
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cab]
    @="cabfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile]
    @="CAB File"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile\DefaultIcon]
    @="\\HDD\PATCH\\Windows\\wceload.exe,-101"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="\\HDD\PATCH\\Windows\\wceload.exe \"%1\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer]
    "fAskOptions"=dword:1
    "fAskDest"=dword:1
    "nDynamicDelete"=dword:0

• Soft reboot the device

• Now you can click on CAB file from FileManCE and it will work

• [/list]

Actually Figured it out... forgot that one of the blank squares in the top right hand of window was an "OK" button that would allow you to save... this thing is too cool!

Edited by - Beastr0 on 30 sept. 2008 00:20:25
    Go to Top of Page

grasshoppa

8 Posts

Posted - 29 sept. 2008 :  22:18:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Works Great but how do I go back to main menue from GPS mode? Softbutton is no longer ontop to end process. Also do you have a step by step on how to install the MIO on the Maestro? Thanks.....

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

@mackmain

What kind of modification have you done in the apps folder? Do you mind sharing your files?

I followed your instructions but it doesn't work. I changed Navigator.exe to MyNavigator.exe. Mio Navigator.exe and Softbutton run at startup but I can only see Softbutton with a blank screen. Navigator.exe is running in the background but it doesn't show.

Go to Top of Page

reservation11

USA
    3 Posts

Posted - 05 oct. 2008 :  22:31:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    I have a little trouble setting up MioPocket on the 4040. I’d appreciate any help!!
    Question 1:
    I just got a Magellan Maestro 4040. I am doing an SD install (I want to keep the original flash drive untouched). I followed the MioPocket directions (Copy folders: MioAutoRun, Media and files MioAutoRun.exe, MioAutoRun.mscr, and MortScript.exe files) to the root folder of SD.
    I set Softbutton.exe as autostart app instead of factory navigation to access files -> run MioAutoRun.exe from SD card. I did not get any prompts on where to install app. It seems like something was happening because after closing Softbutton, I saw the MioPocket desktop. Most applications however give me error “There is no application associated with ‘XYZ’. (XYZ is the name of the app I am trying to run). Run the App first, then open this file from within the application”. I have a feeling MioPocket is not installed correctly. I tried to put # sign in front of error level lines in both Unlock.msrc and also MioAutoRun.msrc. Again, no errors came up. When I try to run MortScript.exe, I get error “.msrc and mortrun extensions registered. Please run any .msrc/.mortrun file.”
    When I reboot I get Softbutton starts up, but MioPocket will not start. I am able to run MioAutoStart.exe again, with same results as before. I’m assuming that when I reboot, MioPocket should automatically launch. Do I need to rename MioAutoRun.exe and MioAutoRun.mscr files to something else on SD Card?
    Question 2:
    Once I have MioPocket up and running how do I set up IGO8? On my Dell X51 I just started Autorun.exe in the 2577 folder on SD card. It installed the app. Here however, I get error message (maybe because MioPocket is not installed correctly?)
    Question 3:
    Does MioPocket work the same way on Magellan Maestro 4250? If I have a Traffic Receiver, can I use it with MioPocket?
    I greatly appreciate anybody's help!
    Steve
    Go to Top of Page

mdntblu

12 Posts

Posted - 10 oct. 2008 :  07:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

@mackmain

It still doesn't work.

I've installed this on a Maestro 4000 and it comes up with the right menu and if I select Magellan Maps that part works fine. But if I hit iguidance it says it's can't find it, if I hit destinator it can't find that, igo says it's not found. How do I get these to work? Are these separate apps that need to be downloaded and installed? Then like in the Multimeda page it has Media player which works, XnView doesn't find it but the file is there, morphgear loads but it doesn't work on this device, solitare works, pocket paint works, all the ms office stuff works fine.

Also once I get into Magellan Maps how do I get back to this menu? I think I see in the ini files that the other navigation programs have to be installed on a storage card to work.
    Go to Top of Page

beeebs999

South Africa
    4 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  18:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    I have a Magellan maestro 3225 that was bought in the States. i live in South Africa and it doesn't seem to work here. Is there a code to unlock it or software that needs to be downloaded so that it can work in South Africa?
    Go to Top of Page

bainos

Italy
    16 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  22:27:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:

When you start the device up with reset held down and there's an SD card inserted, it tries to boot off of that, but I don't know what the boot loader is expecting; it says:

SD card boot
    Please wait...
    Waiting!!
    BOOTSEC is in Sector 63!!
    MountDisk SUCCESS !
    open fie failed!
    ERROR happened!
    Put image file into SD!

(it does this whether or not WinCE is installed on the unit).

So it's looking for some file to boot, but I'm not sure what it's looking for, or if anyone has enough information to write a program that will be able to run without WinCE being loaded, but I'd love to have something that would grab the boot flash area and dump it to the SD card so I could compare a couple units without having to modify them.

I've the same problem.. I' cannot understand what kind of image i need to boot my Magellan Crossover from SD card.

I accidentaly erased the rom and now the only thing i can do is enter the bios.
    I tried with different winceimg.bin files, also using the bios option "WINCE Upgrade from SD" but without succes.. The device seems to read the image but at the the end it always says me that the image type is wrong..

Also i cannot understand what is the uboot image..
    In the bios i hav an option: " UBOOT from SD" that looks for uboot.bin and uboot.cks files..

Any help will be apreciated..
    Go to Top of Page

tricorn

USA
    17 Posts

Posted - 13 oct. 2008 :  22:38:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    To reload WinCE, you need to have winceimg.bin and winceimg.cks from an upgrade. I've only looked at the upgrades for the Maestro specifically, but the Crossover is pretty much the same I believe. Which model do you have? I'll take a look at the upgrade files and should be able to determine which one you need to load.

Don't mess with uboot; that's the boot loader itself, I think.

The problem with erasing the Flash is that the serial number seems to get erased along with it (or at least it did when I did the same thing). This can't be fixed by doing things with the UNIT_ID.DAT file, that file is CREATED on boot, but the firmware doesn't look at it after that point (it's used by the update programs). So I'm trying now to figure out where the nav program is reading it up from so it will use the (locked) maps.
    Go to Top of Page

bainos

Italy
    16 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2008 :  09:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    thnaks for the fast reply!
    the model is " Magellan CrossoverGPS EU"
    there are many number on my device.. i'll write some if this could be of help:

Magellan CrossoverGPS EU
    P/N: 800507-o2
    SN: 0128400118825 (097)
    MPN: 242161900019 R00 MH17801 Q

and there is another place where there is written:

WindowsCE Core 5.0
    00039-218-156-776
    X11-15302

hope this help.

I downloaded "magellan_roadmate_1200_1215_2_03" and i extracted it and i found theese folders and files:

COPY_GROUP_1 COPY_GROUP_3 COPY_GROUP_5
    COPY_GROUP_2 COPY_GROUP_4 COPY_GROUP_6

DA.DLL DE.DLL ES.DLL FR.DLL MUT.dll NO.DLL Readme.txt Setup.mgup WCEUSBSH.INF DataSecurity.dll EN.DLL FI.DLL IT.DLL NL.DLL PT.DLL Setup.exe SV.DLL WCEUSBSH.SYS

I remember i read about theese folders in a topic here in GPSPassion, but cannot find it again. In "COPY_GROUP_4/SYS/USBTRANS" there is the UNIT_ID.DAT file you were talking about.

Thanks again for help.
    regards
    bainos
    Go to Top of Page

bainos

Italy
    16 Posts

Posted - 14 oct. 2008 :  18:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Probably i found the upgrade you (tricorn) were talkin about!!!

look at this site:
    http://www.gpshelp.org/Crossover.html
    in the top left cornet there is a "button" ("FirmWare Upgrade")

if i run it cannot find the magellan, but i think that there are all necessary files.. i'm going to try something (without knowing what i'm doing :P)

please let me know if you have any hint or idea!!!

regards
    bainos

EDIT

quting Zanthess from the topic http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=103337:

quote:

ok, updating this Machine was a major pain in the butt! First my Magellan hd was wiped and then the install failed (like everyone else)

After many choice words (I had gotten this for Christmas, so didn't have much time to mess with it), I decided to try opening the executable and copy/paste all the files myself. They go as follows:

1. Unzip downloaded file
    2. Use WinRAR to extract the executeable (they will all be in a file)
    3. Create USBTRANS file in SYS folder on unit (or copy the backup that was made on the SD card)
    4. Copy contents of COPY_GROUP 1, 11, 13, 17 to SYS/USBTRANS
    5. Copy contents of COPY_GROUP 2, 3, 5, 7, 8 to MAP
    6. Copy contents of COPY_GROUP 4, 6, 12, 14, 15 to APP
    (NOTE: in order to copy over group 14, you will need to copy the contents of TNShell_Bitmap\Venus2 to the same folder on the unit, that way the folder isn't just replaced)
    7. Copy contents of COPY_GROUP 9 and 10 to SD card
    8. Copy contents of COPY_GROUP 16 to USR
    9. Once copied over, unplug the unit and it should reset itself. Then all should be working

DON'T FORGET to put in the UNIT_ID.DAT file back in the USBTRANS folder if you haven't already.

I didn't check to see if any of the files for the SD card were not needed, I just followed the installation file exactly.

My husband might be able to get a new executable running to install. Magellan has told us they will have a new update next week.

Hope this helps!

maybe this could be usefull

regards
    bainos

EDIT

I extracted the file which contains the Crossover upgrade and foun a winceimg.bin file.
    I created a winceimg.cks file with:

binSize: <size in byte of winceimg.bin>
    checksum: <last 4 bytes of winceimg.bin>

for checksum i used:
    (under linux)
    od -x /media/pendrive0/winceimg.bin | tail -2

the out put is:
    25666300 2210 8c00 0000 0000 0000 0000 b722 6eb1

so the checksum is 0xB7226EB1

(under windows)
    i used WinHex and had the same checksum

(i followed instruction fonud in this forum)

Then i put the image and the cks file on the sd card and try to boot the magella from the sd, but i got the same error:

"..
    ERROR happened!
    Put image file into SD!"

then i tried to upgrade WINCE from the bios but i got a "checksum error".. This i cannot understand.. i Think the checksum is right..

thanks for any help
    regards
    bainos

Edited by - bainos on 14 oct. 2008 23:49:15
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page | Next Page
     New Topic  Reply/Répondre
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0,61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05