Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2317

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Unlocking Magellan Maestro series
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

chesh

17 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2008 :  05:06:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I had to copy the player.exe from another copy of TCPMP. Can't remember, just know it's working now :)
Go to Top of Page

findapollo

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2008 :  08:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wait, so you copied player.exe from TCPMP over HCP's player, and that worked? guess i didn't try that one.

also, has anybody got a keyboard working? i found one that would run but doesn't actually work.
Go to Top of Page

staticblac

11 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2008 :  08:34:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keyboard is a work in progress, the jotkbd program I assume you tried run but does not actually type. I believe it is due to a missing dll which I am trying to fix. There was a forum post I found http://www.gizmondoforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8124&st=0&p=106375#entry106375

which has a procedure to enable the builtin sip keyboard. But this also requires explorer.exe to be running as well. I got stuck trying to figure out a way to increase the size of the rom partition so I can add files to it and run explorer.exe.

You can get a copy of all the 5.0 system files compiled for the arm processor from http://rapidshare.com/files/36644776/Windows_CE_5.0_system_files.rar
I found on these forums.

Now the key is to get the required files ( .exe and .dll ) to the rom ( /windows ) partition so they will load and we can get a keyboard.

Using a program called depends.exe you can figure out what dll files are required and once the space is increased copy them to /windows suing a file manager. Now once explorer.exe is copied you can access the hidden menu is system settings and click start explorer. And there you have it.
Go to Top of Page

staticblac

11 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2008 :  09:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One last thing.....The registry key in hkey_local_machine/loader
the key named SystemPath. here you can specify other directories to search for required dll's.

an example reg file

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader]
"SystemPath"=multi_sz:"\\Release\\"

But I cannot seem to get it to input right.

If someone can solve this and find a way to import it we can probally skip a few steps.
Go to Top of Page

KVP

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 03 janv. 2008 :  15:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Given that the basic OS kernel will be different for different CPU and chip sets, are there differences in file structures between the Maestro 31xx/40xx and 32xx/42xx?

This topic seems all inclusive but I'm starting to "get lost" between the threads.

I'm getting a 3250 this week and I am trying to follow several threads in this forum for the great info and dialog.
Go to Top of Page

findapollo

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2008 :  17:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey staticblac:

did you ever get anywhere with the rom cooking? i was looking into it also, but it looks sooooooo complicated. i'm thinking the better route is to store extra dll's in another folder and change registry. did you ever get the registry changes to take? i did see somewhere that you leave out the first line of a .reg file (they did this to keep CE and x86 separate, so you don't mistakenly import CE registry items to desktop compute)
Go to Top of Page

yarus

Zimbabwe
49 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2008 :  02:52:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by findapollo

hey staticblac:

did you ever get anywhere with the rom cooking? i was looking into it also, but it looks sooooooo complicated. i'm thinking the better route is to store extra dll's in another folder and change registry. did you ever get the registry changes to take? i did see somewhere that you leave out the first line of a .reg file (they did this to keep CE and x86 separate, so you don't mistakenly import CE registry items to desktop compute)

I think I remember humbletim talking about coming up with virtual keyboard for his softbutton http://dedischew.net/softbutton/ That should help that kind of "finger" hacking.

Yarus
---------
Magellan Maestro 4040

Edited by - yarus on 10 janv. 2008 02:57:02
Go to Top of Page

Omsagro

34 Posts

Posted - 10 janv. 2008 :  08:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So did someone still need the Winceimg.bin from a GPS with a full version of Win CE 5.0? I have the Roadmate 3000t and it has CE with a full desktop/control panel/explorer/microsoft glitches... what have you.

o(^-^o)(o^-^)o ++--+- o(^-^)o --++-+ o(^-^o)(o^-^)o
Current Units: Magellan 3000T, Magellan 6000T
Previous Units: Magellan 4040, Magellan 3250, TomTom Go720
Go to Top of Page

maestro3100guy

15 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  08:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes! That would be great!
Go to Top of Page

Omsagro

34 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  16:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maestro3100guy

Yes! That would be great!

How do you want it? T.T I can't send email yet.
Go to Top of Page

findapollo

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  17:15:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
the Winceimg.bin from a GPS with a full version of Win CE 5.0

i wouldn't mind a copy of that too. can you put it on rapidshare or something like that?
Go to Top of Page

maestro3100guy

15 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  21:13:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rapid share is good. Or... maybe you could post the link to the firmware... if that's allowed.

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

chesh

17 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  22:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dgoeken posted all the system files for WinCE 5.0 at: http://rapidshare.com/files/36644776/Windows_CE_5.0_system_files.rar

I know this isn't the .bin image, but it does run from a folder in case anyone wants to play with it.

chesh
Go to Top of Page

Omsagro

34 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2008 :  22:42:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, there were 3 of these bins on my unit. The first was in the windows folder, the second on HDD in the USBTRANS folder, and the third was just in HDD. I included all three, I doubt they are different, but who knows.

http://rapidshare.com/files/83063752/Wince.zip.html

o(^-^o)(o^-^)o ++--+- o(^-^)o --++-+ o(^-^o)(o^-^)o
Current Units: Magellan 3000T, Magellan 6000T
Previous Units: Magellan 4040, Magellan 3250, TomTom Go720
Go to Top of Page

maestro3100guy

15 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2008 :  10:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Do you by any chance have the checksum file? The extension is .cks It doesn't want to install with out it. Unless I'm missing a step?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05