Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Unlocking Magellan Maestro series
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

yarus

Zimbabwe
49 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2007 :  11:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This does not work for Magellan Maestro 4040 with 2.36 OS update. No such files exist. I suppose 42XX series will get 2.36 eventually and will lose this ability as well.

quote:
Originally posted by bardicrune

What I've been doing on my 3225 is instead of replacing the Navigator.EXE:

Connect the GPS to your USB cable.

Create a \APP\Softbutton directory and put the softbutton.exe file into it.

Edit the \APP\Unit.xml and add the following application section:

<Application ID="176">
		<FileName>softbutton.exe</FileName>
		<Path>\HDD\App\softbutton\</Path>
		<Bitmap>32x32x16.bmp</Bitmap>
		<Version>
			<Major>0</Major>
			<Minor>1</Minor>
			<Internal>0</Internal>
			<Build>0</Build>
		</Version>
	</Application>

Save the file and then edit \APP\Startup.xml to look like the following:

<Shell>
<Application ID="176" />
</Shell>

This will cause the mgnQCS.exe file (which is autorun on startup) to run application 176, which you have configured to be the softbutton.exe program. It keeps you from having to change file names.

Yarus
---------
Magellan Maestro 4040
Go to Top of Page

GKreamer

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 28 déc. 2007 :  13:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yarus, what apps have you loaded on your 4040? I saw the video- very impressive!

George
Magellan Maestro 4040
Go to Top of Page

yarus

Zimbabwe
49 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  00:24:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing outside of what was mentioned here. Just TCPMP, FileManCE, Regedit (from MIO roms) and TaskManager.

quote:
Originally posted by GKreamer

Yarus, what apps have you loaded on your 4040? I saw the video- very impressive!

Yarus
---------
Magellan Maestro 4040
Go to Top of Page

sevenlayercookie

4 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  08:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I'm pretty new to this, but I thought I'd just add my two cents. Adding to what bardicrune said, you can add more than one program to the shell section to run more than one program at startup. Like mine is...

<Shell>
<Application ID="222" />
<Application ID="175" />
</Shell>

222 is the softbutton
175 is the original Navigator...

Also, can anyone tell me where to get the CE version of TCPMP? I can't find it anywhere..

Go to Top of Page

chesh

17 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  18:11:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to be a smart a$$, but I just typed TCPMP into google and it was the first hit: http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/test/
Go to Top of Page

tgbp

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  18:44:04  Show Profile  Visit tgbp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you'd rather get TCPMP from a non-Hungarian domain, you can find it here:

http://tcpmp.en.softonic.com/pocket

Not that I don't trust the Hungarians. :)

Magellan Maestro 3200
Go to Top of Page

sevenlayercookie

4 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  18:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, yeah, I found that site. How do you install it from a cab?
Go to Top of Page

padingre

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  17:01:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I posted this in another thread, but a newbie mistake is forgivable. :) But it was also a very nice thread...

Very nice Thread.

I got a Magellan 3100 after a long time thinking it over because I wanted the PR Map and also wanted it to do some nice hacks. I am not a pro on this matter but I do not mind searching the web and trying out new things on the 3100.

Just yesterday I updated the firmware and placed the filemanager and the TCMP and they work like a charm. Now this new smart button has potential and I am tring it out along with the hidden menu. Seems that there is more than meets the eye.

I am searching around to see if there is a keypad to type in the filemanger (for rename and playlist creation) and would like to figure out if that small hole in front of the 3100 is in fact a microfone for voice recognition.

As a general note my mpeg4 movies for my PSP works perfect. Write to you next year.

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

chesh

17 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  18:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the HCP Player, which is an upgraded version of TCPMP, at this link: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72739&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=HPC

See if that doesn't work. Otherwise, I think you install the .cab version via turning on the activesync option in the hidden menu and then uploading that way. Unless of course you can install cabs via the filemanager by just double clicking on it.
Go to Top of Page

craigerk

2 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2007 :  06:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious, I've been doing all the ahcks for the 3100 (TCPMP, FileManCE, soft button, etc). And looking through the files in FileManCE I found IVT files, for bluetooth. Obviously the 3100 doesn't have BT. My question is, has anyone else searched through and found them? There's even audio files for rings and stuff. If so, has onyone tried deleting them? It would free up some more space. Here are some of the files names: (located in the windows directory)

IVT_BTserial.dll
IVTLicConf.dat
IVTSuccess.wav

Files I believe are for it, but not sure, I know I've never seen the audio files used...

menusel.wav
BTMgr.dll
BTnic.dll
bttl.ini
LocalRing.wav

Also, could we delete the Timzone files that we don't need? I know all these files aren't a huge amount. But every little bit counts, and it might help with speed a teeny bit. Less it has to look through. Hope these haven't already been discussed, I couldn't find it anywhere..
Go to Top of Page

yarus

Zimbabwe
49 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2007 :  23:28:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not delete any of those files. Magellan's new line of software (blue background and pretty icons) seems to be not yet ready for prime time. Who knows what kinds of dependences exist there. At least back everything up first.

quote:
Originally posted by craigerk

Just curious, I've been doing all the ahcks for the 3100 (TCPMP, FileManCE, soft button, etc). And looking through the files in FileManCE I found IVT files, for bluetooth. Obviously the 3100 doesn't have BT. My question is, has anyone else searched through and found them? There's even audio files for rings and stuff. If so, has onyone tried deleting them? It would free up some more space. Here are some of the files names: (located in the windows directory)

IVT_BTserial.dll
IVTLicConf.dat
IVTSuccess.wav

Files I believe are for it, but not sure, I know I've never seen the audio files used...

menusel.wav
BTMgr.dll
BTnic.dll
bttl.ini
LocalRing.wav

Also, could we delete the Timzone files that we don't need? I know all these files aren't a huge amount. But every little bit counts, and it might help with speed a teeny bit. Less it has to look through. Hope these haven't already been discussed, I couldn't find it anywhere..

Yarus
---------
Magellan Maestro 4040

Edited by - yarus on 31 déc. 2007 23:32:01
Go to Top of Page

yarus

Zimbabwe
49 Posts

Posted - 31 déc. 2007 :  23:33:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm yet to try this new player because I'm on vacation right now. Did anyone try it already? Please post your experience. Does it still missing "close" and "minimize" icons?

quote:
Originally posted by chesh

I found the HCP Player, which is an upgraded version of TCPMP, at this link: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=72739&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=HPC

See if that doesn't work. Otherwise, I think you install the .cab version via turning on the activesync option in the hidden menu and then uploading that way. Unless of course you can install cabs via the filemanager by just double clicking on it.

Yarus
---------
Magellan Maestro 4040
Go to Top of Page

chesh

17 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2008 :  19:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Essentially the only thing it's done is allow the playing of WMV 9 files. I downloaded the player from a couple posts down the page, the one where they said they mixed the files of TCPMP and HPC together. Seems to work really nicely. Enjoy ;)
Go to Top of Page

findapollo

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01 janv. 2008 :  21:03:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i downloaded that too, but get the following error:

This ARM_CE2 version
of the player is not
compatible with this
device. Please install
ARM_CE3 version.

Anybody know what this is? How to fix? Sounds like it needs to be compiled for a newer processor?
Go to Top of Page

staticblac

11 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  11:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know how to get a look at the partition table for any of these devices. I believe I need to resize the rom partition so I can add files in and get the explorer shell running on these devices. Another solution would be to burn a custom rom with the files added in which is my end goal, but I cannot seem to get any utilties that can handle the small size of the released winceimg file as well as handle ce 5.0 core images. Anyone have any thoughts?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05