Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Unlocking Magellan Maestro series
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Magellan 5310

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2009 :  08:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I install the latest version of MioPocket 3.0 into my Magellan 5310 SDcard FAT and rename all the following are.
MioAutorun.exe to Tocopy.exe into SDCard memory
MioScript.MSCR to Tocopy.mscr
Magellan_Autorun.INF to GS399Autorun.INF

After installing everything fine going into skin menu. After 10 seconds it will reboot and do the same keep rebooting. Any body have idea how to fix this problem. Any input really appreciate it.

Thanks, Sam

Sam
Magellan maestro 5310
Go to Top of Page

Magellan 5310

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 22 déc. 2009 :  04:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
===========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init BEFORE installation
===========================================
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch70 RegWinMsg.exe
Launch80 GpsMC.exe
Launch100 AutoLaunch.exe
Depend100 14001E00
Launch110 \HDD\APP\mgnShell.exe
Depend110 6400

==========================================
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init AFTER installation
==========================================
Launch9999 \HDD\MioAutoRun\Launch.exe
Launch20 device.exe
Launch30 gwes.exe
Depend30 1400
Launch70 RegWinMsg.exe
Launch80 GpsMC.exe
Launch100 AutoLaunch.exe
Depend100 14001E00
Launch110 \HDD\APP\mgnShell.exe
Depend110 6400

This is the INIT file for Magellan 5310

Please help my Magellan keep rebooting and installing in a loof never end.

Sam
Magellan maestro 5310
Go to Top of Page

gehrig44

2 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2009 :  17:25:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to find a resolution.

FileMan and Softbutton are installed. I added registry keys so that I can install cab files. However, when I try to install TCMP the window is too large for my screen. So, I can't see the right side of the install window. There doesn't seem to be a way to move the window. Is there anyway to resize the window and/or move it, so I can complete the installation process?

Maestro 3225

Edited by - gehrig44 on 26 déc. 2009 17:42:58
Go to Top of Page

gehrig44

2 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2009 :  18:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bah.. nevermind.. just discovered Mio Pocket
Go to Top of Page

qyong88

1 Posts

Posted - 26 déc. 2009 :  22:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, All
I accedently erased all the software of my Maestro 3225. Now I can not connect to the PC. I read this long form, tried to load the WINCE. But it can not find OS image. Any one has any idea what's wrong? I tried the WINCE for 3000t and 6000t. Or any one has the WINCE for 3225?

Thanks a lot!

Go to Top of Page

han526

34 Posts

Posted - 08 janv. 2010 :  16:08:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi tskitishvili, you have an excellent post. I was able to get the cab install to work in my Magellan 1412.

I used regedit to import the reg file and it seems to have worked properly to get cab file to work. However, I can not edit directly in the reg window because my keyboard is still not working. The correct dll has been properly located by the application as when I switch the 29kb and 24kb kbdmouse.dll. One will cause freeze up.

My question is: can I import the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader] with multiple item entry? I am using miopocket and don't want to change that value.I see a post using Xmenu to import the systempath. When I checked with regedit, the entry was there. I am only concerned about whethe the registry was loaded when the device booted up.

When you say your program changes the size for windows to 4MB in the expense of RAM, do you mean flash drive space? I wouldn't want to sacrifice the virtual memory for program loading so I am hesitated about increasing too much of the windows' space. Is it possible to just let the loader to search SD card for windows' files? I put dll files into the Mioautorun system folder to get the cab file to work.

Greatly appreciate your help if you are still around.

quote:
Originally posted by tskitishvili

Some people wonder how to install cab files on Magellan 32xx.
Below you will find what needs to be done in order to make cab installer work on 3225. It will also make Open/Save dialog work in many application. For example you will be able to use File->Import/File->Export menu in RegEdit.exe

[list]
  • Download WinCE 5.0 system files. The link can be found on this forum. (Alternatively you can download evaluation version of WinCE 5.0 from Microsoft and build it yourself)

• Put system files under \HDD\PATCH\Windows . The minimum set of files includes the following WinCE dlls:

wceload.exe
    ceshell.dll
    commdlg.dll
    shcore.dll
    toolhelp.dll
    winsock.dll
    ws2.dll

• Modify registry to add directory with windows files to search path:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader]
    SystemPath=multi_sz:\\HDD\\PATCH\\Windows

• Add registry keys to associate CAB with wceload.exe.

• [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.cab]
    @="cabfile"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile]
    @="CAB File"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile\DefaultIcon]
    @="\\HDD\PATCH\\Windows\\wceload.exe,-101"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\cabfile\Shell\Open\Command]
    @="\\HDD\PATCH\\Windows\\wceload.exe \"%1\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer]

Edited by - han526 on 25 janv. 2010 01:30:22
    Go to Top of Page

tskitishvili

USA
    146 Posts

Posted - 09 janv. 2010 :  02:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by han526

Hi tskitishvili, you have an excellent post. I was able to get the cab install to work in my Magellan 1412.
    My question is: can I import the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Loader] with multiple item entry? I am using miopocket and don't want to change that value.

Yes. As you can see the data type is "multi_sz" which means multiple strings.

quote:

When you say your program changes the size for windows to 4MB in the expense of RAM, do you mean flash drive space?

No. Flash drive space is not reduced. Even if you use 8Mb the remaining RAM memory is enough to run simultaneously two navigation programs if they could share the GPS port.

The solution for hdd auto erase on Maestro 32xx and 42xx:
    http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120425&whichpage=7#900144

Cooked Maestro 32xx and 42xx images with built in SDHC card support:
    http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120425&whichpage=6#899704
    Go to Top of Page

tskitishvili

USA
    146 Posts

Posted - 11 janv. 2010 :  18:53:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    quote:
    Originally posted by han526

Thanks, tskitishvili. Glad you are still here.

I tried to copy dll files from the internal Windows to SD card with FilemanCE. The access was denied. I intended to delete some dll in the interanl Windows folder and run them from SD card or HDD. So I am thinking even if the size for Windows can be increased, is it possible that I can't install anything there as it may locked and no modification to the files are allowed? I have a Magellan roadmate 1412

You cannot delete or replace any file in Windows folder using file manager. All existing files in Windows folder are mapped from readonly ROM image. But you can add files there. Please remember that added files won't survive hard reboot.

If you want to modify existing windows files, you need to perform so called "ROM cooking". However 1412 is pretty new device and I didn't see anyone's post on ROM cooking yet. You might be a pioneer.

The solution for hdd auto erase on Maestro 32xx and 42xx:
    http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120425&whichpage=7#900144

Cooked Maestro 32xx and 42xx images with built in SDHC card support:
    http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120425&whichpage=6#899704

Edited by - tskitishvili on 11 janv. 2010 18:55:44
    Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 15 janv. 2010 :  07:13:06  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
    han526,

How did you restart the device? If you pressed the power button then try this.

Run \MioAutoRun\Programs\TroNik\PowerButtonTest.exe to capture your power button code then add this code to PowerButton.ini. Reset the device and the next time you press the hardware power button it should put the device in standby mode instead of a hard reset. HTH.
    Go to Top of Page

han526

34 Posts

Posted - 16 janv. 2010 :  21:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Very clever strategy. Thanks, Selsys1, for sharing the tip.
    Maestro 5310 doesn't allow registry to be saved so it is a little challenging to load all the skins. I think the method described by Selsys is a right strategy.It consumes very little memory. Start fast too. Overall, it works well and it looks great. I set the volume to 85% when the system starts with a mortscript so that there will always be sound there instead of zero as happened before. The remaining issues are that the control panel doesn't really allow any adjustment, task bar doesn't work. The time always starts from 12pm and the date is always 2003. Supposedly it takes system time. Don't know why it won't update. I can use the GPSsync from Miopocket to update the time but not the date. Another issue is that the system sometimes restart by itself or freeze when trying to launch the navigation system. Don't know why yet. The battery runs down fast too. My recharger runs hot when keeping this 5310 on. Igo8 worked out of box.

Selsys1, could you please upload the applications you use in the Xmenu unlock? Many thanks.

quote:
    Originally posted by Selsys1

yixfly,

I have unlocked the 5310 and love it! Am running TomTom7, IGO8, Destinator 8, Navigon7 Polnav (all for testing purposes)

The loader starts mgnshell.exe first, which is the Magellan system settings screen. (Voice, light, etc). I let that load, but then load explorer.exe then the skins I want to use. You have to rename the skins name to navigator.exe, so that it will boot into it after explorer does. Here,s my unit.xml and startup xml file:
    The key is to load explorer first, then any skin you want (MP2, MPlite,etc)

I also use a 8gb sdhc card formatted to fat 32, and you have to give it a name Label it) SDcard, Sdmmc, etc.

Probably not too clear, but will explain more...

Edited by - han526 on 25 janv. 2010 18:53:17
    Go to Top of Page

steppinthrax

6 Posts

Posted - 18 janv. 2010 :  01:59:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Anybody have the winceimg.bin and cks for the maestro 4370? I bricked my maestro I only have access to boot menu
    Go to Top of Page

kindabummed

3 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2010 :  02:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Hi everybody.
    I have recently had an issue with my Magellan Maestro 3200 GPS that others might have encountered. After owning this unit for about 3 years the battery recently decided to play havoc with this unit. The battery is dead and it would constantly put up the "... would you like to continue on battery" screen then go back to the GPS then return to the "... would you like to continue on battery" screen, repeatively. Some times the unit would just shut down. As you would guess, I had enough of that and decided to try to buy a new battery for the unit. I contacted Magellan who gave me an option of returning the unit for a rebated/referbished 3225 unit with updated maps for $79.99. I didn't think that was too bad but thought I could do better. After much searching I found a battery for the unit here: http://www.newpower99.com/Battery_for_Magellan_Maestro_3200_p/magellan%20maestro%203200.htm but have not purchased. Making a long story short, I ended up doing the "Format HDD" and "Update bios" (before I found this forum) which ended up being a bad moves on my part :( . Yes ... I BRICKED MY GPS - NO SPLASH SCREEN - NOTHING BUT THE "BLUE BAR OF DEATH". I then stumbled upon this forum and found some solutions to my issue.
    Here is where I stand now:
    (on SDCARD)
    - softbutton
    - HPC MEDIA PLAYER
    (on HDD of GPS)
    - softbutton
    - FileManagerCE
    - Destinator 8
    Destinator was "hanging" on me due to the dead battery. I removed the battery from the unit and have had no problems with it since. In fact, It works GREAT!

The ISSUE I HAVE NOW is that I would like to be able to boot softbutton.exe from my GPS without the SDcard. I can not seem to locate the file name/extension for the hdd to boot from.
    SO MY QUESTIONS ARE: What is the file name/ext. the 3200 uses to boot from hdd? Is there a way to make the unit boot from hdd?

I would like to thank these people for helping me recover my unit.
    * tskitishvili
    * Piobee
    * gpschicago1
    * (any1 else I may have forgot to mention. I've read alot of forums - so please excuse me.)
    Thank you guys - Great info here!!

Bricked my unit & kindabummed!
    Go to Top of Page

KhaKev

385 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2010 :  07:00:57  Show Profile  Visit KhaKev's Homepage  Reply with Quote
    kindabummed,

First welcome to this forum! Try to rename SoftButton.exe to MgnShell.exe or Navigator.exe

Put one of the file along with SoftButton.ini in to \HDD\APP

Edited by - KhaKev on 30 janv. 2010 07:02:51
    Go to Top of Page

kindabummed

3 Posts

Posted - 30 janv. 2010 :  09:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Thanks KhaKev
    Renaming softbutton to MgnShell and moving it along with the softbutton.ini to the \HDD\APP folder worked! :)

My next issue is space on \HDD - it seems that I can get (on HDD of GPS):
    - softbutton
    - FileManagerCE
    - Destinator 8
    but the unit will only load about 1/2 of the HPC MEDIA PLAYER folder to the \HDD.
    I'm guessing this is an issue with space available on the \HDD drive. I noticed the size of the \HDD folder was about (a little over) 1GB after uploading the HPC MEDIA PLAYER folder. So I figured that the internal space is only 1GB (I think I saw that elsewhere posted too).
    I'm not really worried about it since I only use the unit for the GPS feature. Just wondering if this sounds right?
    Thanks again for the quick response.
    (edit)
    I would like to thank these people for helping me recover my unit.
    * tskitishvili
    * Piobee
    * gpschicago1
    * KhaKev
    * (any1 else I may have forgot to mention. I've read alot of forums - so please excuse me.)
    Thank you guys - Great info here!!

Bricked my unit & kindabummed!
    Go to Top of Page

ragudba

USA
    1 Posts

Posted - 07 févr. 2010 :  02:12:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
    Hi kindabummed .

I saw ur post and my story is the same. I have 3225 and was getting the same message every 5 min. I thought that it was some loose connection in usb car charger, changed it and still same problem. I opened the unit and put it back and all I have is a white screen. I see that you have fixed the issue.

Sometime when I connect the unit, I see the files and sometimes I donot.Can you give the steps please and help

Thanks a ton

Ragu
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page | Next Page
     New Topic  Reply/Répondre
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0,8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05