Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Unlocking Magellan Maestro series
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Selsys1

9 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  01:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yixfly,

I have unlocked the 5310 and love it! Am running TomTom7, IGO8, Destinator 8, Navigon7 Polnav (all for testing purposes)

The loader starts mgnshell.exe first, which is the Magellan system settings screen. (Voice, light, etc). I let that load, but then load explorer.exe then the skins I want to use. You have to rename the skins name to navigator.exe, so that it will boot into it after explorer does. Here,s my unit.xml and startup xml file:

unit.xml

<ID>764</ID>
<SerialNumber>0764200379136</SerialNumber>
<USVersion>1</USVersion>
<Hardware>
<CodeFlashSize>0</CodeFlashSize>
<NandFlashSize>0</NandFlashSize>
<ProgramRAMSize>53</ProgramRAMSize>
<HDDSize>0</HDDSize>
<SDCardSize>0</SDCardSize>
<CFcardSize>0</CFcardSize>
<PowerStatus>AC</PowerStatus>
</Hardware>
<Application ID="50">
<FileName>explorer.exe</FileName>
<Path>hdd\app\patch\windows</Path>
<Bitmap>32x32x16.bmp</Bitmap>
<Version>
<Major>1</Major>
<Minor>27</Minor>
<Internal>0</Internal>
<Build>0</Build>
</Version>
</Application>
<Application ID="175">
<FileName>Navigator.exe</FileName>
<Path>HDD\xmenu\</Path>
<Version>
<Major>1</Major>
<Minor>23</Minor>
<Internal>0</Internal>
<Build>0</Build>
</Version>
</Application>
</MagellanGPS>

startup.xml

<Shell>
<Application ID="50" />
<Application ID="175" />
</Shell>

The key is to load explorer first, then any skin you want (MP2, MPlite,etc)

I also use a 8gb sdhc card formatted to fat 32, and you have to give it a name Label it) SDcard, Sdmmc, etc.

Probably not too clear, but will explain more...

Magellan Maestro 5310 w/Lexar 16gb SDHC card
Go to Top of Page

Selsys1

9 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  01:57:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to get Garmin to work as well, but no luck yet. Anybody have it running on the Magellan?

Go to Top of Page

richbutler1

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  02:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selsys1,

Does this approach run the unlock.mscr after a hard reset or do you have to manually trigger that someway? I think that allows some apps to function properly via the file copies and regedits.

I had tried this earlier, but only had 175 launching and had issues, just dropped it. Nice work and I will check this out soon.

PS: What specific card brand/speed did you get to work and a link to Newegg would be awesome if you don't curse at me and call me lazy :)

Omnitech 4.3-WCE5.0 w/MioPocket2.0 / Magellan Maestro 4250
Go to Top of Page

richbutler1

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  03:21:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a couple more questions...

What files did you copy into the patch folder? Was it the explorer.exe from the MP2 fileset? Do you do launch Magellan once the skin is loaded by Navigator_orig.exe?

I seem to remember in the registry a 'LaunchOnebyOne.exe' that got kicked off in 'init'...do these processes below still show up for you?
VRServer.exe
IVTDialor.exe
BlueSoleil.exe
and another one or two...

Omnitech 4.3-WCE5.0 w/MioPocket2.0 / Magellan Maestro 4250
Go to Top of Page

yixfly

9 Posts

Posted - 02 avr. 2009 :  07:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
richbutler1

I tried MP LITE, but after "Please wait, MP Lite is loading... This may take several minutes..." appears, the GPS looks crashed. I waited almost half an hour, then clicked red triangle, there is no response. I had to press the power button to shut down. I failed again, depressed...

Selsys1

I will try your way. But could you introduce it more thoroughly because my knowledge of unlock is superficial.

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

yixfly

9 Posts

Posted - 06 avr. 2009 :  08:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
richbutler1

Thank you so much! I use your code for the replacement MioAutoRun.mscr which is issued in the thread "Magellan Maestro 4250 with MioPocket 2.0=Win!". I think it is the key to modify the file "MioAutoRun.mscr". Now my device can run the MP2 though there are still some little problems.

Selsys1
Thank you, too. Your reply inspired me. And now, could you tell me which map you prefer to?
Go to Top of Page

Sam Ontario

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2009 :  00:19:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Selsys1

yixfly,

I have unlocked the 5310 and love it! Am running TomTom7, IGO8, Destinator 8, Navigon7 Polnav (all for testing purposes)

The loader starts mgnshell.exe first, which is the Magellan system settings screen. (Voice, light, etc). I let that load, but then load explorer.exe then the skins I want to use. You have to rename the skins name to navigator.exe, so that it will boot into it after explorer does. Here,s my unit.xml and startup xml file:

unit.xml

<ID>764</ID>
<SerialNumber>0764200379136</SerialNumber>
<USVersion>1</USVersion>
<Hardware>
<CodeFlashSize>0</CodeFlashSize>
<NandFlashSize>0</NandFlashSize>
<ProgramRAMSize>53</ProgramRAMSize>
<HDDSize>0</HDDSize>
<SDCardSize>0</SDCardSize>
<CFcardSize>0</CFcardSize>
<PowerStatus>AC</PowerStatus>
</Hardware>
<Application ID="50">
<FileName>explorer.exe</FileName>
<Path>hdd\app\patch\windows</Path>
<Version>
<Major>1</Major>
<Minor>27</Minor>
<Internal>0</Internal>
<Build>0</Build>
</Version>
</Application>
<Application ID="175">
<Path>HDD\xmenu\</Path>
<Version>
<Major>1</Major>
<Minor>23</Minor>
<Internal>0</Internal>
<Build>0</Build>
</Version>
</Application>
</MagellanGPS>

startup.xml

<Shell>
<Application ID="50" />
<Application ID="175" />
</Shell>

The key is to load explorer first, then any skin you want (MP2, MPlite,etc)

I also use a 8gb sdhc card formatted to fat 32, and you have to give it a name Label it) SDcard, Sdmmc, etc.

Probably not too clear, but will explain more...

Appreciated if you could provide step by step how to achieve, thanks

Sam
Magellan Maestro 3140, Sanyo NVM-4370, Mio C310x
Go to Top of Page

Selsys1

9 Posts

Posted - 11 avr. 2009 :  19:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have uploaded my menus and startup files to here: http://rapidshare.com/files/220148064/HDD.rar

Copy xmenu folder to \hdd and \patch folder to \hdd\app. You should now have \hdd\xmenu and \hdd\app\patch\windows

In the Xmenu folder copy unit.xml and startup.xml to \app folder. This is for the 5310...others will have to edit the unit.xml file for their models. You will also have to edit some of the menu items in my menu. Hope this helps...

Go to Top of Page

Sam Ontario

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 18 avr. 2009 :  10:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selsys1,

Thanks.

Did you try to load MioPocket2 or MioPocket Lite on your M5310 with mgnshell.exe? Do you think it will be OK? The reason I ask is I have not yet bought the M5310 yet. Thanks.

Sam
Magellan Maestro 3140, Sanyo NVM-4370, Mio C310x
Go to Top of Page

bisch

6 Posts

Posted - 03 mai 2009 :  04:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello I've read many of your posts on getting MP2.0 working well the Maestro Series. I'm thinking about picking up one of the Maestro 3250,4210 or 4250 models and was wondering if the Mestro models lack anything in function? I've seen mention that the work with the 4250, Are they working almost 100% with MP2.0?

From KhaKev's youtube and posts the Sanyo appears to be working really well, is your Maestro working as well? (minus the FM transmitter and a 2 gigs less Rom).

I'd think all 3 of the Maestro I mentioned would work the same with MP2.0. The Sanyo looks pretty sharp, but it's not easily available in Canada and there are currently great prices on the Maestro series. So I'm leaning towards a Maestro or Mio C220/230 (also easily found).

I'd primarily like to use these units for general navigation and Golf GPS (freecaddie or intelligolf).

Thank you for your time
Go to Top of Page

ky3099

36 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2009 :  12:26:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selsys1,

I have a 5310, and download your files. After following your copy instruction, is that it ? Would I need to rename Navigator.exe somehow ? It was mentioned in one of the post, but I don't know exactly how ?
Go to Top of Page

ky3099

36 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2009 :  01:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selsys1,

I mess around a little bit using your info as a hint. I also downloaded your files, adn following your posted instruction on 4-11-2009.

In your download files, inside unit.xml, application ID=50 section, the path is <Path>\hdd\xmenu\</Path>
In your post 4-2-2009, inside unit.xml, application ID=50 section, the path is <Path>hdd\app\patch\windows</Path>
- Are these two interchangeable, and have the same effect ?
- In both cases, I think they both lead me to load the skin, and hence the following discovery

In your download files, inside unit.xml, application ID=175 section;
<Path>HDD\xmenu\</Path>
- with this, the 5310 boots to some kind of skin (similar to MioPocket) with predefined icons
- However, all icons give me sort of file not find error, and I can't find a way to edit the path
- Pretty much, I can't get anywhere

If I change the path pointing a MioAutoRun.exe on SD card as follows
<FileName>MioAutoRun.exe</FileName>
<Path>sdmmc\</Path>
- with this, the 5310 boots and MioPocket v2r45 actually starts to install, run through all the steps, says "completed"
- but then, when it reboots, the Magellan 5310 booting process start all over again
- Basically, an endless loop of booting, MP2 install, booting, MP2 install ...

I would appreciate if you can share your insight into my problem, if you will, thanks you.
Go to Top of Page

callahan4040

1 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2009 :  19:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello when i try to install igo 8 on my magellan 4040 using autorun.exe i get an error "not enough space iGO 8 needs 6206206 bytes"

Do you know another way to install it

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

maxair

2 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2009 :  23:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi folks, im new on this hobby an im just buy maestro 5310 and if i understand, it s imposible to hack this at this time ? if yes can you help me please !

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Boyd

USA
1857 Posts

Posted - 17 mai 2009 :  20:42:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure exactly what you want to hack - have you seen selsys1's posts above on this page? I just got a 5310 myself and have no interest in using it for watching videos or playing games. But the main reason I bought it was to run OziExplorer CE instead of the Magellan software, and it works great for that.

If you copy a Windows CE compatible program and all its files to a SD card, then re-name the program "tocopy.exe", it will run when you press the reset button on the 5310. This is what I'm doing with OziExplorer and I have no problems. When I quit from Ozi, the Maestro re-boots into its own software.

If you want a whole package, like MioPocket then that obviously gets more complicated. But based on the posts above it sounds possible. One problem with some WinCE based machines seems to be incompatibility with SDHC memory cards. Don't know if that's an issue or not on the 5310, but if you're having problems the first thing I would try would be to use a regular SD card instead of an SDHC card and see if that helps.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 5,56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05