Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Unlocking Magellan Maestro series
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 20

Equlibryum

France
36 Posts

Posted - 07 nov. 2008 :  20:22:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tskitishvili

I have a great news for those who are interesting in ROM cooking.
I have been able to extract full ROM image of Maestro 3225. I guess same method should work for all other 3XXX and 4XXX devices. If you succeed please share your experience on this forum.
The next step I assume would be to replace some of the DLLs and add some missing files and cook new ROM image which can be flashed with DiskRW utility. Any volunteers ?

Hy ... any news about cooking ROM ? I have a Maestro 4200 and i want to modify some windows files in . I already manage to extract files from the rom image ... but there is a small problem when i try to insert back . The tools from CMONEX site are for early versions of wince . Extracting .. all is fine . Re - constructing , not working . Let me know if you are still intrested in cooking rom .
Best regards !
Go to Top of Page

Underground944

9 Posts

Posted - 08 nov. 2008 :  03:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Equilibryum, would you be able to post up a link with the app folder form the 4200? I totally screwed up mine last night and wiped out my navigator.exe
Go to Top of Page

Andrade

5 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2008 :  03:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yaklit

:'( I replaced the logo image and after that my 3225 doesnt starts up: when you turn it on, there is the progressbar, when it goes 100%, there is a black screen.... USB is not working, as there is no connection at all.
I pressed RESET and POWER buttons, and screen titled Boot Loader showed. I selected Format HDD.
Then, after restart, Progressbar goes to 100% and evererhing stops.
What should i do now? USB is not working... Maybe i should buy a CF card and put APP and SYS folder there?
Also, i havent got maps, but i know one man who has exactly same gps, so i can copy from his.
Pleeaaaaseee heeelp meeee!

Same here... Any solution?
Go to Top of Page

myshyak

3 Posts

Posted - 09 nov. 2008 :  09:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2mjmeans:
Heared that youve managed to lauch explorer on Magellan.Pls advice the way.Need is vsery much to launch garmin on Magellan.Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Equlibryum

France
36 Posts

Posted - 12 nov. 2008 :  15:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Underground944

Equilibryum, would you be able to post up a link with the app folder form the 4200? I totally screwed up mine last night and wiped out my navigator.exe

You need just the "navigator.exe" file ? Your device is starting or not ? More details please .
Go to Top of Page

o2bad455

7 Posts

Posted - 18 nov. 2008 :  04:01:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anything here be used to get NMEA data out of the Maestro (e.g., 3225)?
Go to Top of Page

gr_arm

1 Posts

Posted - 20 nov. 2008 :  00:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Mackmain,

Could you please help me to update my Maesto 4000 as your ?
Tahnks

quote:
Originally posted by mackmain

I have create my own skin but i still have a problem..

When i enter to the gps navigator i can't return to The menu pocket GPS

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Magellan Maestro 4000
Go to Top of Page

NirL

3 Posts

Posted - 25 nov. 2008 :  00:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have magellan 4200
i'v managed to get the file explorer working
and i'v downloaded this
http://anonym.to/?http://rapidshare.com/files/108555009/mag1200.rar

it's some kind of igo 6, i can run this program(unlike other programs which i get errors)

what is special about this igo 6?
how i make the same thing for igo 8?

Edited by - NirL on 28 nov. 2008 17:07:15
Go to Top of Page

Equlibryum

France
36 Posts

Posted - 26 nov. 2008 :  19:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NirL

i have magellan 4200
i'm managed to get the file explorer working
and i'v downloaded this

it's some kind of igo 6, i can run this program(unlike other programs which i get errors)

For iGO8 , you need some dll's . Anyway , Miomap v3.3 is working with no problem on magellan 4200 . Have you managed to unlock your device ? Are you able to run a explorer on it ?
By the way ... do you have the original dvd witch is comming with your magellan ? Can you take a look inside that dvd to see if there is a rom image for upgrade or recovery ?
Best regards !

Edited by - Equlibryum on 26 nov. 2008 19:36:37
Go to Top of Page

NirL

3 Posts

Posted - 27 nov. 2008 :  17:24:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Equlibryum

quote:
Originally posted by NirL

i have magellan 4200
i'm managed to get the file explorer working
and i'v downloaded this

For iGO8 , you need some dll's . Anyway , Miomap v3.3 is working with no problem on magellan 4200 . Have you managed to unlock your device ? Are you able to run a explorer on it ?
By the way ... do you have the original dvd witch is comming with your magellan ? Can you take a look inside that dvd to see if there is a rom image for upgrade or recovery ?
Best regards !

ok, few things.

1.Thanks for the info about miomap 3.3
i can run the program but i have some problem with the maps.
i tried to use IGO8 maps and it says
"your map are outdated" and it freezes
so what maps should i use?

2.I don't know if you call it to unlock the device, but all i did is to set the device to start-up with the explorer program FileManCE.
so that is my file explorer i run on it to access files.

3.All i got is a CD(not DVD) which include only
magellan's program - Magellan POI File Edit.

4.If i put a SD card in the device and i connect the device to my computer via usb, the SD card does not appear - i can't access it.
is there a way to access the SD card from the computer while it's in the device?

Edited by - NirL on 27 nov. 2008 17:26:10
Go to Top of Page

ebourlet

10 Posts

Posted - 29 nov. 2008 :  01:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I have read thread after thread here and used search but can not see how you guys get a media player to work on a 4040. How do I get a CAB file to load? Or better yet is there a .exe version that I can transfer via the USB? I have the soft button and the file manager working fine. I just have not been able to find a media player that I can get into the 4040 because it would appear they are all designed to use active sync.
Go to Top of Page

Equlibryum

France
36 Posts

Posted - 05 déc. 2008 :  22:39:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ebourlet

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I have read thread after thread here and used search but can not see how you guys get a media player to work on a 4040. How do I get a CAB file to load? Or better yet is there a .exe version that I can transfer via the USB? I have the soft button and the file manager working fine. I just have not been able to find a media player that I can get into the 4040 because it would appear they are all designed to use active sync.

With CAB files is a little bit more complicated , because you don't have suport for cabs files on wince ... i mean the wince witch is on the device is not complet to do that . Some files are missing from the wince . And for a media player , try with the tcpmp player ( google for it ) .
Go to Top of Page

Equlibryum

France
36 Posts

Posted - 05 déc. 2008 :  22:48:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ok, few things.

2.I don't know if you call it to unlock the device, but all i did is to set the device to start-up with the explorer program FileManCE.

4.If i put a SD card in the device and i connect the device to my computer via usb, the SD card does not appear - i can't access it.
is there a way to access the SD card from the computer while it's in the device?

1 - First of all , i think the iGO8 version maybe it's broken ... and for this reason you have problems with . Try another one . By the way ... i don't understand why you are not happy with the Miomap 3.3 .... it's doing navigation very well on Magellan ... or you think that the 3D version of iGO8 will be better ???
2 - Using fileman is a very good solution .
3 - That is very bad ... me too i have only the POI cd ... witch is useless .
4 - No ... i don't think is possible . Anyway the transfer will be slower then on your pc . If you don't have an sd card reader on the pc ... try to copy from the sd card to internal flash on your device , and after that connecting your device you can transfer to pc .

If i understand good , you have a Maestro 4200 in good condition .
Do you wish to help me with a small favor ?
Contact me on equlibryum@yahoo.com for details .
Thanks and best regards !
Go to Top of Page

NirL

3 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2008 :  21:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Equlibryum

quote:

ok, few things.

1 - First of all , i think the iGO8 version maybe it's broken ... and for this reason you have problems with . Try another one . By the way ... i don't understand why you are not happy with the Miomap 3.3 .... it's doing navigation very well on Magellan ... or you think that the 3D version of iGO8 will be better ???
2 - Using fileman is a very good solution .
3 - That is very bad ... me too i have only the POI cd ... witch is useless .
4 - No ... i don't think is possible . Anyway the transfer will be slower then on your pc . If you don't have an sd card reader on the pc ... try to copy from the sd card to internal flash on your device , and after that connecting your device you can transfer to pc .

If i understand good , you have a Maestro 4200 in good condition .
Do you wish to help me with a small favor ?
Contact me on equlibryum@yahoo.com for details .

you missed understand me about the miomap.
i have a problem to use the program(miomap) because i can't find a good map
i don't know which map to use, that is why i tried to use igo8 map
but it's not working for me
so maybe you know where to get a good map for MioMap.
Go to Top of Page

Equlibryum

France
36 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2008 :  21:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well , i have see that a lot of people would like to try iGO8 , Destinator , Route66 or another navigation software on Magellan Maestro series and for this reason i will start another thread witch will be dedicated to Maestro 4200 . Any support for cooking a rom image dedicated for this device will be welcome .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 20 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05