Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com
fiogf49gjkf0d

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2791

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 Magellan Roadmate and Maestro AIOs
 Magellan Maestro 3140 Firmware
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ritoroy

8 Posts

Posted - 06 déc. 2007 :  07:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just upgraded from the Roadmate 2200T to the Maestro 3140 (North America), and discovered that the "repeat last voice command" option by touching the "distance to next maneuver" display seems to have been removed, even though the online manual clearly says it should work. Cycling between the ETA, time left and remaining distance however works, by touching the display on the right. Has anybody else experienced the same problem? The firmware version on my GPS is 1.19, and according to the Magellan website, there are no updates/upgrades for the 3140. Is this indeed the latest firmware, and if not, can anybody suggest where I can get the firmware that supports "repeat last command" (I can't believe Magellan would remove such a useful function)? Thanks in advance!

Edited by - ritoroy on 06 déc. 2007 08:24:31

Ads

steve11

19 Posts

Posted - 07 déc. 2007 :  13:41:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Magellan have firmware updates for 4000, 4040 and 4050. But they haven't released any updates for 3100 or 3140 which were released at the same time as 40xx series and more or less face same bugs/issues. Are only 40xx series supported by Magellan?

Nor is the voice command activation upgrade (available for 4xxx) is available for purchase for 3140 owners?

Edited by - steve11 on 07 déc. 2007 13:43:30
Go to Top of Page

scooterboy

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07 déc. 2007 :  15:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ritoroy

I just upgraded from the Roadmate 2200T to the Maestro 3140 (North America), and discovered that the "repeat last voice command" option by touching the "distance to next maneuver" display seems to have been removed, even though the online manual clearly says it should work.

I just got the 3140, and tapping on the "distance to next maneuver" does indeed repeat the last voice command. My firmware is also 1.19, so I don't know why it works for me and not you.
Go to Top of Page

ritoroy

8 Posts

Posted - 08 déc. 2007 :  01:31:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your inputs. I contacted Magellan and they confirmed that 1.19 is the latest firmware for this model. They asked me to reset the GPS (which I had already done), and when that did not fix the problem, asked me to ship it to them for repair. Since they will not provide a loaner unit in the meanwhile, I am wondering whether I should just return it to Buy.com and buy another!
Go to Top of Page

ady67

Romania
6 Posts

Posted - 17 nov. 2013 :  10:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I need some help myself, I have a Magellan Maestro 3140 GPS, and stayed on the image, I need a rom for it
Thank you for help

ady
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2017_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3,06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05