Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2293

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 V7 Nav730 unlock and customize
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

EdenCrest

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 29 déc. 2007 :  03:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to add addresses manually. I don't have time to look into now, but keep looking at the device and you might figure it out.

TJ
Go to Top of Page

Scruge

5 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  00:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Scruge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdenCrest

I was able to add addresses manually. I don't have time to look into now, but keep looking at the device and you might figure it out.

Thanks, but I just got a response back from V7 techsupport. They say it isn't possible.

Edited by - Scruge on 30 déc. 2007 00:16:44
Go to Top of Page

mrsirpantsalot

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  09:10:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hacking the V7 Nav730

Step 1. Exit the Navigation Program so your now in the main menu. Plug your gps into the comp. Locate and open the addons.txt file. Modify it so it has the (Explorer = "icons/files.bmp", "\\Windows\\Explorer.exe") line. It then should look like this.
<code>

[modules]
V7 Navigation = "icons/V7.bmp",  "\\Storage Card\\iGO\\iGOpna.exe"
Explorer = "icons/files.bmp", "\\Windows\\Explorer.exe"

[Autostart]
Navigation = "\\Storage Card\\iGO\\iGOpna.exe"
<code>

Step 2. Download these files unzip them and place them on your gps in the root folder on the storage card. http://www.box.net/shared/6iel6oxq8o
Your directory should look like this

<code>

<-Removable Disk
  gpslog>>
  iGO>>
  iGo_Backup.db
  addons.txt
  Programs>>
  Unlock>>
  C310Auto.c31
  C310Auto.exe
<code>

Step 3. Do a Hard Turn off on your Gps(use the little switch), not a soft off

Step 4. Unplug your gps from the comp. Turn it on. Click the explorer icon. Windows CE Should pop up. Click "Start" then navigate to "Programs" Click "Windows Explorer". This should open a new window. Now double tap "Storage Card". Run the file C310Auto.exe(screen should flicker black twice then take you to the main menu)

Step 5. You should now see the normal v7 Menu. Click Explorer Again. Now click "Start" then go to "Favorites" Click "TaskMgr"

Step 6. In "TaskMgr" Click "Task" then close the NNGLauncher Task.
Now the V7 Startup program should be gone.

You now have many special programs on the GPS to use. To open the navigation again double click "Navigation" on the desktop.

I have also located the reg key that loads the NNGLauncher program on startup. But the edited reg key gets deleted everytime I do a hard reset. Im trying to find a way to save all data and programs to the internal flash drive, so when we do a hard reset the data remains. I will come out with a later release with some games and new features!

Fully Unlocked With Active Sync!

Step 1. Get to the Win CE Desktop with no other programs running.

Step 2. Run the "Regedit" program

Step 3. Locate this key[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\USB\FunctionDrivers] DefaultClientDriver

Step 4. Replace the words "Mass_Storage_Class" with "Serial_Class"

Step 5. Exit the program and click the "Restart" icon on the desktop.

Step 6. Plug into your computer and use with active sync!!

Edited by - mrsirpantsalot on 30 déc. 2007 20:50:20
Go to Top of Page

EdenCrest

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  18:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to disable that useless pcconnected program since it doesn't actually do anything. That way I can use the device while charging. Any ideas? It's Read Only and I can't change the attribute.

TJ
Go to Top of Page

oneofmany57

11 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  20:15:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very Nice Mrsirpantsalot. You've done for the 730 exactly what I've been working toward for the 720. I am curious, which taskmanager ap are you using? Did you get these files from the 730 itself, or did you do what I've been doing and use MS CEbuilder. I'm wondering if I'm overlooking a few things as I go. I've never hacked a GPS before, but it is coming along very easily. Although there are differences between the 730 and 720, they are basically the same.

Edencrest,
As far as the pcconnected program, I did have it disabled at one point, but I had to do a hard reset and lost the settings. I believe it is a registry setting.
Go to Top of Page

mrsirpantsalot

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  20:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the 730 Now fully Unlocked and syncing with active sync! Read my post above!!

Edited by - mrsirpantsalot on 30 déc. 2007 20:47:02
Go to Top of Page

oneofmany57

11 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  21:12:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrsirpantsalot

I have the 730 Now fully Unlocked and syncing with active sync! Read my post above!!

I got the Active Sync thing a couple of days ago. If I had known you were looking for it I would have posted it for you. Good JOB!

Here's a tip for losing your registry settings. Use your Registry Editor to export your registry to your SD card. Then, when you have to hard reset, use your registry editor to import the registry file you exported. Soft reset and your back to WinCE!

Added: For those who don't know, Activesync allows you to connect to your PC in a way that allows you to install new software, syncronize files between your pc and PDA (nav720/730), backup your settings and more options. In Vista activesync has been replaced with Windows Mobile Device Center.

Edited by - oneofmany57 on 30 déc. 2007 21:38:06
Go to Top of Page

mvansomeren

8 Posts

Posted - 30 déc. 2007 :  22:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Scruge

quote:
Originally posted by EdenCrest

Thanks, but I just got a response back from V7 techsupport. They say it isn't possible.

The only way I've found to add exact addresses is to use iGo POIExplorer to edit the POIs on the iGO.db file. I use www.geocoder.us to convert the address into the Long/lat information. It's not as convenient as being able to add them through the device, but its the only way to get it done. I usually wait until I have a list of addresses to enter and then do them all at the same time. Detailed instructions can be found here: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=669769&page=6
Go to Top of Page

coolguy982

6 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  05:28:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if it is possible to access the Nav730's GPS data? I have another program I'd like to run on the Nav730 that needs access to GPS, but I can't seem to get the program to find any GPS data on any of the com ports. Have any of you been down this road before?

Edited by - coolguy982 on 02 janv. 2008 05:28:47
Go to Top of Page

lamah

4 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  08:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
excellent work mrsirpantsalot

your modifications worked great

in your games search, would you please find a whack-a-mole game? i think that game is perfect for a touchscreen
Go to Top of Page

lamah

4 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  09:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i found this game: whack a monty

it's freeware

but requires .net compact framework 2.0

http://www.pocketpcfreeware.mobi/download-whack-a-monty-v0-1.html

i managed to install the thing, but it has no sound. according to activesync, the device doesn't have .net NF 2.0, could that be the problem? i tried to install it from activesync, but it wouldn't let me. so i downloaded the setup file from MS and try to install it from within WM5 and it wouldn't let me either.....help please

also, the acrobat reader is one of the things that i really want to use. but i can't get past the license agreement window. it is too large? i think? can this be fixed with a file modification or addition (to let the program know license agreed)?
UPDATE: nevermind, got past it using the KBD program that you included. Thanks!

a lot of the dialogue windows are too huge for the screen to display. is there anyway to make windows render them smaller by default?

btw, the game's a blast, try it

Edited by - lamah on 02 janv. 2008 17:15:53
Go to Top of Page

ideefixe

13 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  09:27:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's on COM2, 4800 baud. COM2 is labeled as "Serial Cable on COM1" so that might cause some confusion. Anyway, it's COM2. You can get either the programs cemonitor or SirfTech to change the protocol/baud rate.

I had TomTom running, however it would not detect the GPS device for some odd reason. Another software worked just fine. Hmm...

quote:
Originally posted by coolguy982

Does anyone know if it is possible to access the Nav730's GPS data?

Go to Top of Page

coolguy982

6 Posts

Posted - 02 janv. 2008 :  20:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Did you have to have the V7 navigation software completely turned off when you were able to access the GPS data? Or does turning off the navigation software turn off the GPS receiver?

Thanks a lot, Scott

quote:
Originally posted by ideefixe

It's on COM2, 4800 baud. COM2 is labeled as "Serial Cable on COM1" so that might cause some confusion. Anyway, it's COM2. You can get either the programs cemonitor or SirfTech to change the protocol/baud rate.

I had TomTom running, however it would not detect the GPS device for some odd reason. Another software worked just fine. Hmm...

quote:
Originally posted by coolguy982

Does anyone know if it is possible to access the Nav730's GPS data?

Edited by - coolguy982 on 02 janv. 2008 20:21:41
Go to Top of Page

AMDnut

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2008 :  06:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I am new to this GPS world right now. I have used a Garmin ETREX handheld for trail riding for a few years but now have added the V7 740 to my toys. I have to say, I really like this model. After searching and comparing, the 740 seemed like the best "bang for the buck" model for me.

So far, this is what I have found regarding the model 740 (basically a "widescreen" 730)
- Comes with 2GB card standard and has 1.6GB already filled.
- Recognizes SDHC cards of 4GB size with no problems (I am currently running an OCZ class 6 card)
- ideefixe hack for opening access to Windows CE works fine with this model as well.
TTS is a little "jerky" with long, hard to pronounce names, but not at all bothersome. Turn down the volume and it improves it seems.
- Running things on the 4GB class 6 SDHC card seems to be a little faster than the V7 card.

Now, questions....

- Any map hacks to run other maps?
- Can I run the MIO software on this machine since it is iGO based?

Thanks for the info so far!
Go to Top of Page

ctheodores

8 Posts

Posted - 05 janv. 2008 :  07:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im not sure if you can run miomap but im sure its possible??. But I found that the maploader works fine for me I downloaded different maps and converted to the file that the maploader needed and put them on there.

I have a question for you AMDnut. I dont think any nav730 users can answer because it involved bluetooth. idk if nav730 has bluetooth. I got the nav720, the 4 inch screen version and Im having a problem with my bluetooth while I am in the nav software. I have paired my phone and I select a built in POI that has a phone number, and it shows a DIAL button but no matter what it WONT dial that number. anyone know how to fix this??
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,98 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05