Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2401

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 V7 Nav730 unlock and customize
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

picstart

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2009 :  20:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nav730 data.zip is corrupted. Error NNGlauncher failed to open ui/main_320-240.ui. Active Sync is not the USB default. Can't get to explorer.exe since the NNGlauncher runs first and crashes. Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

EdenCrest

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2009 :  21:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you made the modifications suggested in this forum?

TJ
Go to Top of Page

picstart

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 30 août 2009 :  22:10:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may not understand this correctly but I believe the V7 launcher runs first since the registry says it must. The launcher in turn needs data.zip on the flash disk "My Flash Disk" to interpret igopath.txt and then addons.txt to display the menu button screen. data.zip in the launcher folder on "My Flash Disk" contains the icons and the graphics for the menu. In my case data.zip is corrupt so I need some way to replace it on the flash disk. V7 1000 has an autoexec that runs pnaupdates directly from the sd card without calling the launcher further v7 1000 defaults in the registry to activesync.The v7 pna1000 lets you get to the flash without using the launcher. The Nav730 defaults to an external drive when connected to a pc. This can be overridden in the registry but it is lost on power down and in my case I can't get to it via regedit run from explorer since I can't launch explorer.exe since the launcher crashes first due to the bad data.zip. I need a way to circumvent the launcher and its dependency on a good data.zip If how to do this is explained elsewhere in this forum then I apologize and hope someone will give me a specific reference .

Edited by - picstart on 31 août 2009 08:32:02
Go to Top of Page

rogeriolc

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 14 sept. 2009 :  01:01:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello!

I need help! I hope anyone can help me!

I need to access the Flash Disk into de NAV730 to rename a file by USB or other way.
I renamed the file igolaunch.exe in the "\\Flash disk\\Lauch" folder and now my GPS does not turn on anymore At the screen shows the message: "Missin executables files, please copy backup files from DVD/VDC to the device." But at the DVD has only the maps and the programs that goes in the SD Card.

Does anybody have an ideia how can I "revive" my GPS? I know that i was very stupid when I renamed the file... but now I need to fix it to use my GPS tomorow in a trip.

Thanks friends!
Go to Top of Page

Hi all,
I do that too....
please help me. if someone discovery how to fix this...
i´m brazilian and here is only place that i find somethink.
sorry for my english.

Nav740 V7
Go to Top of Page

VictorRades

Brazil
1 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2009 :  13:52:54  Show Profile  Visit VictorRades's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi picstart,

I've the same problem. Did you found a way to do this?
Go to Top of Page

picstart

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2009 :  17:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I got around it. First V7 depresses the resale value of these devices by making very little technical knowledge available such as circuit diagrams and purposes of various test points on the main-board. We know this Nav730 device is a Samsung arm and specs are available for it. The Nav730 launcher runs upon reset after reset has loaded the registry from a hive in ROM. The launcher must have a good data.zip in the Flash My Flash to be successful. The registry is set by default on reset to put the USB port in storage mode and not available to ActiveSync. So the choice is either to Jtag the flash or discover some trap door autoexec config that will reflash the flash via the CPU before the launcher executes. It probably exists( V7 1000's have it) but V7 for NAv730 won't help. The least expensive solution is to take advantage of the very low resale prices due to lack of post warranty support. I bought another NAV730 with a broken screen for much less than $10 and just swapped the mainboard. Since V7 management has helped create trashcan prices for out of warranty devices take advantage. Instead of junking your device take advantage of someone junking theirs.
Go to Top of Page

bubbah

57 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2009 :  22:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a 730 usa version and am noe using it in the eu with the $$$ we maps card ...why does it take so long to acquire satellites? ...also, seems to name streets for turns but somehow i must have deactivated that feature and cannot figure out how to get it back ?? tia !!
Go to Top of Page

picstart

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2009 :  23:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was in Europe this summer coming from the USA. I turned the unit on in Paris ( surrounded by buildings). I have no concrete evidence but I believe the unit has assumptions about accelerating a fix. It assumes that where it is now is not far from where it was last. It assumes the same or very similar satellites would be in view. I believe this assumption is pursued until it fails on every satellite expected to be in view. At that point it reverts to a more exhaustive search that will eventually discover it is several thousand miles from its last known fix. It took 30 mins to get the first fix in Paris ( the buildings blocking some satellites I bet didn't help a moving car probably won't help either) after that it was Ok. From Paris to London there was no extra delay in getting a fix. I had no issues with navigation in Europe. On return Stateside again a long delay to the first fix.
Go to Top of Page

bubbah

57 Posts

Posted - 09 oct. 2009 :  23:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow! ...crapware...
Go to Top of Page

bubbah

57 Posts

Posted - 12 janv. 2010 :  00:12:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am curious why my new winMobile6.1 smartphone finds satellites (NE USA) in less than a minute while the 730 sits and sits finally finding them ...I also bought (sadly for more than the cost of the 730) the SD Card of western EU maps and in use there takes as much as 10-15 minutes to hook on to satellites ...did not go over to try the phone yet ...what is with that??
Go to Top of Page

arjay.jasmin

Philippines
1 Posts

Posted - 08 juin 2010 :  14:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, im arjay.. can anyone please send me a copy of your nav730 storage card? i kinda deleted mine and its screwed up, it wont open and a missing executable file appears on the screen can anyone help me?

arjay
Go to Top of Page

desimtor

92 Posts

Posted - 09 juin 2010 :  02:02:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you look here: http://v7support.com/gps/index_files/USA_Nav730.htm
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05