Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1953

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Navigon 2100 Skin Exchange
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 101

diaz425

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  01:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can some1 put a car instead of the 3d arrow?

Own - Nuvi 1390
Own - Nuvi 855

Go to Top of Page

NeitherFanboy

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  02:07:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hate to ask the obvious, but you did extract the res file from the rar, didn't you? The 2100 hangs at the welcome screen if it can't find MN6ResourcesBinary.res ... so if you just dragged the MN6ResourcesBinary.rar file to the 2100 it would hang. (But you probably already knew that).
Go to Top of Page

wolf1306

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  02:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes i did and it got stuck

navigon 2100 - navigon 7200t - magellan 4040
Go to Top of Page

ramanaindia

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  03:36:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diaz425

can some1 put a car instead of the 3d arrow?

I got a set of car pngs how do I upload them ?

regards
Go to Top of Page

NeitherFanboy

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  04:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted a response earlier, but don't see it? My question was, are you copying the file directly to your Navigon as a "rar" file? I know this might be a dumb question to ask and you probably already know, but the file is a "res" file that has been compressed to "rar," so it would have to be decompressed first. The error you are getting, being stuck on the Welcome screen, happens if the "res" file cannot be found or read.
Go to Top of Page

NeitherFanboy

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  04:08:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OH SWIFT, now it shows up. Sorry for repeating myself. Would love to see the car png's ramanaindia ... I would add them to my skin.
Go to Top of Page

NeitherFanboy

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  05:31:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I do this right, and you want to try another res file, this is the "skin" I edited (as shown in the photos posted). Make a backup copy of your existing file, then copy this one to the \MN6 directory.

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/MN6ResourcesBinary.zip

If I can find suitable car PNG's, I want to replace the arrow with a car ... maybe only in the 3d view versus the 2d view.
Go to Top of Page

balistc

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  09:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NeitherFanboy, I wanted to try and tweak the file, but where or how do you start modifying it?
Go to Top of Page

NeitherFanboy

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  10:12:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is how I did it. I loaded up that ResourceView program and ran it. I copied my MN6ResourceBinary.res file from the SD card to the hard drive of the laptop and then hit Load in the ResourceView program and browsed to the file. Then I click on the images file in the tree-view pane on the left and click Export -- I exported the file to the desktop for ease in finding it, but you can put it anywhere you like. Then I could browse each of the images in the file with my favorite image editor. When I had finished editing them, I ran them through PNGOut to optimize them, it makes them smaller.

Then came the tricky part. I never saw any way to "import" my files, which is what I thought I should do. Instead, I just selected all my edited files and then dragged them over and dropped them on the directory in the Resourceview window. To be exact, the images I edited were in the path of images\lowres\apollonlandscape -- so when I had finished editing & optimizing them, I dragged all of them to that same director and dropped them right on the word apollonlandscape -- when you do you will notice a little icon pop up in the corner of each of the edited images in the list. Then I clicked save to save the modified resource file. Dragged the file from my desktop back to the MN6 directory on the 2100, and then poked the reset button. (Sounds like a lot of work when you type it out, but it goes easier than it writes here).

Tonight, just for the fun of it, I changed the Intro photo but managed to keep the Navigon sybol in the correct spot on my image sso that when it starts to spin, it spins in that exact spot, doesn't jump higher or lower on the screen.

Still have not found an suitable car png to use for the arrow in 3D mode. In 2d mode you have SO MANY arrows to replace, I think I'd stick to 3d.

Let everyone know how your edits go, would love to see what you put together when you are done.
Go to Top of Page

goodbadmas

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  16:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goodbadmas

quote:
Originally posted by wolf1306

when i put the skin that i requested in the mn6 folder and i restart navigon , it gets stuck at the welcome screen , any ideas

same thing happened to me ! it got stuck on the welcome screen .. how come ???

ok, i tried again this time with the new file posted above and it worked fine :) Thanks !!!
Go to Top of Page

alkeshtech

13 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  16:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey NFB,
This is addy. I am having hard time finding those car's png too.
Go to Top of Page

balistc

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  17:35:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NeitherFanboy thank you!
Go to Top of Page

NeitherFanboy

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  20:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey alkeshtech, I think I am going to make my own today. Was thinking about it last night. If I get something green ... some type of cheap green fabric at the craft store ... then I need a good toy car ... Hot Wheels, a good car replica ... then I can shoot my own from the correct angle, then remove all the green and save the resulting file as a png. I know this will make me King of the Techno Nerds, but I'm going to try it anyway.

Glad you got it going, goodbamas.

Balistc, would love to see what you come up with when you are done, if you are willing to share.
Go to Top of Page

rccrashing

20 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  20:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings all... I want to thank all you guys that have made the 2100 more accurate and customizable!!!!!

Hey NeitherFanboy... Could you please list what files need to be edited to change the arrow in 2d and 3d.... I used MN6ResourceView and in the images\lowres\apollonlandscape folder, but I do not see the appropriate file(s) to change....

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

NeitherFanboy

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 02 déc. 2007 :  21:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The arrows you need live in a different spot. You can find them at \mn6\settings\data\qvga_apollon_landscape
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 101 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 2,45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05