Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

DoctorWkt

Australia
48 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  04:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a side note, I found a FLV plugin for TCPMP 0.72RC1 here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tcpmpflvplugin/. It seems to extract to \Program Files, so you just have to copy flvffmpeg.plg and flvsplitter.plg into your TCPMP directory.
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  11:58:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I have bought a cheap 310 from the US to run PocketFMS (I am in Switzerland, which makes no difference for PocketFMS).

Questions:
- is it possible to tweak the general performance of the 310 in some way (PocketFMS runs rather slowly)?
- is it possible to make a 314 from the 310 (that is, load the European software and maps)?

Thanks

-Simon
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1736 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  13:49:06  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@simina
You can try to apply the latest update for European models. This is downloadable from HP web site.
Of course you are advised to make a complete backup before trying although I believe it will either accept (if HP agrees you to do that) or reject (if HP does not agree you to do that) but it should not damage the content.
If you are a french speaking swiss, you will find the exact URL for the french update on the french forum + my comments. Other wise search on the HP site.
Rdgs

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  15:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know that somebody has made an icon for Total Commander which can be used to nicely display the cecmd on the Games page... but I can't find it, the forum thread has become so large. Can anybody help please.

Plus, how can I make efficiently an update of the ENTIRE ipaq?

Thanks,
Simon

Edited by - simima on 04 juil. 2008 15:34:09
Go to Top of Page

patruns

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  19:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iuliupaul

HP in the UK sells additional maps. They are not available here but you may be able to have them shipped, but they are expensive.
[/quote]

Yes, indeed, i know thay. But only for the western EU. I need central and eastern EU. That's why i decided in favor of iGO.
[/quote]

All the maps available are here, including eastern europe: http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF13a/215348-215348-64929-3329748-3329748-3544278.html
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1736 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  20:33:57  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My set of Game's Icon:

Not an artist but if you like.... juts help yourself.

Regards,

Have a nice week-end.

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

Pedernal74

Spain
4 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  20:39:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@simima

The post with the icon for Total Commander an others is in the page 43.
Regards
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1736 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  20:39:31  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@patruns:

I can't see the maps on your link. Could it be 'cos I'm bot in the UK ?

Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  22:24:28  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simima

- is it possible to tweak the general performance of the 310 in some way (PocketFMS runs rather slowly)?

yes, you can use the control panel applet to force the 310 into a permanent 600 MHz mode.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 04 juil. 2008 :  23:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lbendlin
Where can I get the control panel applet for the 600MHz lock?
Thanks, Simon
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2008 :  01:10:51  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it's called "CPM Test"

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2008 :  13:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to make a 314 from a 310 ;-) Does anybody have any experience how to achieve that task?

I tried once so far to install the -BAN(314) version onto the -ABA(310) device with the updaters as given in http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113780 .
First experience is that the copying of *one* file fails, but I couldn't find out which one it is yet.

@barbudor: It accepted updating with the "wrong" updater with no problems. I guess as soon as an ipaq is around, it updates...

I am trying again, and if the update fails, I guess I have to go back to the US version...

Ideas anybody?

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 05 juil. 2008 13:26:44
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2008 :  13:44:06  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i think the only difference between all the devices is the iGO map license that's somewhere burned into the flash ROM. you get the idea when you compare the various Softpacks and installers.

I find it very strange that HP are providing all these maps, basically for free, to anyone who cares to download a bunch of 1.8 GB files. But I remember they have done the same with the TomTom maps for the rx5xxx series. Whatever...

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2008 :  15:34:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lbendlin

Looks somehow correct. The application starts when I copy the /license files to the iPaq, but then, the application fails to find any maps, locations etc. Despite the fact that the maps have been loaded, they don't display... so there must be more.

Is there possibly a registry entry that does identify the device as 310, 312, 314, 316? Or the serial number in the registry somewhere?

An idea anybody?

-Simon

Edited by - simima on 05 juil. 2008 15:45:00
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 juil. 2008 :  16:29:24  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can't use a storage card licence on a flash drive. they have a different structure.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05