Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2167

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  12:21:13  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
all you need to do is buy iGO8 on SD card. Then use the App Launcher (see first page) to link to it from the Games menu.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Masheryau

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  14:23:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by preytor

1 - connect ipaq 31x to computer
2 - a drive letter will be assigned to ipaq, click or go to that drive
3 - go nav\os\games
4 - create a folder 'cecmd'
5 - copy the cecmd.exe (from your laptop) to the created folder
6 - disconnect (the ipaq will reset). after it reboots, you should see the cecmd button in the games section of the ipaq

Hi, I am a new user of the Ipaq 31X. I am trying to install the cecmd on to the ipaq. However, I found several versions when I got to the download site. Can you tell me which one I should use, please?
Many thanks
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  15:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Masheryau.

Use the ARM version. Rename cecmd.exe to celauncher.exe and place it in the root of your SD card and reboot.
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  15:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello all, thanks for the thread.

So far I have installed OziCE and that works well, also got my 312 running TotalCommander from the SD card on boot.

There are a couple of things I want to do and can't see how to do them, so help appreciated.

1. What's the best way to instantly switch from the built-in Nav application to OziCE and back again, without shutting either down. Is there a way to map the hardware scroll button for this purpose to toggle through open apps, a bit like a task switcher?

2. Has anyone got GPSGate (or similar) running? Failed to work after installed, suspect it wanted DLLs so I copied the set from C310Auto. Got a different error message so clearly it's still not happy.

BTW I have a 16Gb SDHC Transcend and that works fine.

tia
Go to Top of Page

Masheryau

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  15:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by navar

@ Masheryau.

Use the ARM version. Rename cecmd.exe to celauncher.exe and place it in the root of your SD card and reboot.

Thanks very much for the reply.
I just want to confirm the steps, please.
So, that I don't brick my Ipaq :-))
- download the ARM version.
- unzip the cab files on my PC.
- rename the largest file to celauncher.exe. I say the largest file, because the name is not called cecmd.exe, I think.
- connect the Ipaq to my PC.
- copy the celauncher.exe to the games folder.
- disconnect the Ipaq.
- Reboot the Ipaq.
- I'll then be able to launch cecmd.exe from the games icon.
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  16:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. Yes download the ARM version.
3. Unzip, copy just cecmd.exe to the root of your SD card.
4. Reset the 312.

This will boot you into WinCE with a start menu etc every time.

OR
2. Create a directory called TotalCommander (or whatever you like) in the Games directory
3. Put cecmd.exe in there
4. Run from Oasis (the native shell it ships with)

This boots Oasis, and then if you want the WinCE shell run cecmd.exe. You can add additional applications into the Games directory as required.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  16:14:37  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
navar,

GPSGate was written for Windows Mobile. Windows CE does not have a native port splitter functionality. You would need to ask Johan Franson if he would consider writing a native version.

What is the point of running a street navigation and an off road program at the same time?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  16:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ lbendlin

When you switch from one program to the other that takes time. If both programs are multi-tasking then the switch is easy, and often I do need to switch.. Also, OziCE can continue to record its tracklog for me while I use the main nav program for turn by turn directions. So for me at least there is a point. OK, understand re GPSGate isn't going to work.

So is what I am attempting to do hopeless?
Go to Top of Page

barbudor

France
1711 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  20:45:35  Show Profile  Visit barbudor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@navar

In the package for POIObserver, there a software called SerialIO which is used for that purpose (originally to share GPS between POIObserver and navigation program). As I understand POIObserver is usable on the WinCE devices, I believe that SerialIO can also run on WinCE devices.
I got my download link from one of the french forum here, so try google the site to find a topic in the english forum.

You will need also to change either the port on which the GPS is physically mapped, or the port used by NAV (as they obviously can't be the same).
To change the physical port of the GPS, go to :
\\HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\GPS\Index
Current value is 7 as expected.
Current used values are 1, 3, 4 (Serial1 to Serial4), 5, 6, 9 (BlueTooth) and 7 (GPS)
It looks like 8 is free so you should be able to move GPS port to 8.
then with SerialIO you should create two virtual COM port : 7 (for NAV) and ? for Ozi.
What value to use for ? I am un sure. probably 0 should work. Also value of 10 and above should work to.

Warning and Disclaimer : I have not tried it myself neither using SerialIO nor changing this settings on the iPaq (although I already did serial port tweaking
on WinMo PDA)

Hope this help.
Let us know.....

Modérateur Forum Traceurs GPS et Suivi GPS Temps Réel, son Index (français) et Les bons plan SIM pour traceurs GPS
Moderator Forum Live GPS Tracking Systems and its Index (english)
CartoExploreur3D | OziPC+OziCE(iPaq314) | TTGoLive950 | Carminat TomTom Live | Tracker Coban GPS-102
Go to Top of Page

Masheryau

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  21:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by navar

3. Unzip, copy just cecmd.exe to the root of your SD card.
4. Reset the 312.

This will boot you into WinCE with a start menu etc every time.

I tried the steps above and did not get it to work.
The file I get after unzippig is called 00cecmd.002.
Is this the right one?
If not, can you post the site where I should get it please?
thanks
Go to Top of Page

gz

1 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  21:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear all,

Has anyone managed to install russa to IPAQ 31x?
I install russa into SD. At that point "cannot find 'russa'... error message has been received. I tried to copy many versions from Aygshell.dll, but in one case a russian error window came up, other time an english one, but can't start the application.
Anyone an idea what to do next?

Many thanks!
Zoltan
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  22:05:38  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Masheryau: that's the right file. rename it to CElauncher.exe and put it in the root of the SD card.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

iuliupaul

Romania
17 Posts

Posted - 27 juin 2008 :  22:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

all you need to do is buy iGO8 on SD card. Then use the App Launcher (see first page) to link to it from the Games menu.

Is it possible to link iGo card based to the navigatin icon (main screen)?

Word after words cover silence
Go to Top of Page

navar

27 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2008 :  00:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ barbudor

Thanks. That looks like a program designed to take a NMEA signal, do things with it, then pass it onwards to another program. But I also have the impression later versions support up to 8 virtual ports so it appears to act as a port sharer as well, which is what I need.

However there's no point in my trying that unless I can figure out a way to switch from OziCE to the built-in nav program and back again without shutting either down. From OziCE I can get to the Start Menu, cannot see any way to do that from the built-in. I thought that mapping the scroll wheel push could be a way but found nothing about that so far, nothing in Control Panel either.

Anyone got any ideas?

tia
Go to Top of Page

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 28 juin 2008 :  00:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@navar,
I have "taskbar.exe" as a button in the Games folder - it allows me to bring up the WinCE Start menu, which in turn I can access other programs running, the keyboard, etc while in OASIS.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05