Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2243

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

Clubs278

8 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  00:44:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what are some third party applications that I can put on the ipaq 310?
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  13:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Specter

I finally had time to dig through the entire post - phphphw, what a large thread!

I see that you have contributed or developed other modifications - such as the grey time/speed box - which aren't listed yet on your very cool webpage (http://www.ebay-pictures.com/gps/).
Do you intend to list those MODs as well there, or not (and why then)?

If I am right, the MOD 2 includes pretty all of MOD 1,3,4, and 5... correct?

Thanks

-Simon
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  13:58:48  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clubs278

what are some third party applications that I can put on the ipaq 310?

TomTom 6.010
OziExplorerCE
PocketFMS
Softmaker Office for Windows CE
TCPMP/CorePlayer

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  14:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin
PocketFMS

I whish PocketFMS would be available already for PNA... it shouldn't be long (they say), but presently (as per 0.9.68a), PFMS does not work properly on Windows CE.
Go to Top of Page

Clubs278

8 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  17:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
am I correct in saying this list is subject to addition?
also, is there a previous post that explains how to install the softmaker .exe file to the 310?

Edited by - Clubs278 on 05 juin 2008 17:37:28
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  18:49:22  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you don't do that. You copy the CAB file over and install from the CAB to the ResidentFlash

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  21:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Specter (again, sorry)

I tried to fusion two of your mods... the EFM and the speed/time display on the right side. I failed miserably.

How is it possible to add the current speed (and possibly also the GPS time) to the EFM (be it into the box on the left or in another on the right)??

Thanks againandagain

Simon
Go to Top of Page

Clubs278

8 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  06:41:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where can I find the .cab file?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  07:14:51  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simima

@Specter (again, sorry)

I tried to fusion two of your mods... the EFM and the speed/time display on the right side. I failed miserably.

How is it possible to add the current speed (and possibly also the GPS time) to the EFM (be it into the box on the left or in another on the right)??

Thanks againandagain

Simon

you can install mod2 from the web site. it will now show the GPS time and speed when it is not routing. Then it will switch to the routing info when you have a valid route.
http://www.ebay-pictures.com/gps/mod2.htm

Mod2 doesn't combine all of the mods. It just makes the full screen look better. Mod1 will change the look of the cockpit view. So they are seperate. Hope this helps.

Someone asked about posting the ui files. It would almost certainly cause your ipaq 310 to crash if you used my ui files. I have done other small tweeks throughout lots of my files. It is just safer to edit your existing ui files.

Edited by - specter on 06 juin 2008 07:17:52
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  07:33:40  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@simon,

to answer your questions:
1. In the section about ui_hpi_sagan/common/ui/navigatemap.ui, <script sc_Full_MapSize>, you write
"look down until you see the ui_txt_next_street.show and add the line: ui_fmap.hide"
while below (in the AFTER part), it says
" ;**********************EFM MOD START*******************
ui_fmap.show
ui_fmap_buttons.show
;***********************EFM MOD END******************** "
So what is it, .hide or .show?

oops. it should be .show

2. In the file ui_hpi_sagan/800_480/ui/navigatemap_800_480.ui, the biggest modification, there are several lines at the bottom that say
" ;******** Pressing the next street name will" ... seems there's something missing, and each following line is commented out, like
" ;<BUTTON btnSPC_next x=310 y=0 bmp="hp_cur_st_btn.bmp" onrelease='run sc_btnNMQR_Avoid_OnRelease'>"-
Is that correct?

YES, IT IS JUST A PLACE HOLDER. I REMOVED IT ON THE WEB SITE. I WAS WORKING ON SOME OTHER BUTTONS.

3. On the new screen, the text (street names) and the icons do not seem to be aligned as before (street names too high at the top and too low at the bottom...)?

should be the same. i think you are comparing the EFM view to the cockpit view.

4. The Volume icon seems static - unmodified, the volume icon changes to the backlight item when tapping twice, allowing for backlight adjustment, but after the mod, the volume icon remains. ?? That happens in the EFM (full screen mode). Not sure why.

And lastly: Will the changes survive a reset?
All changes will survive a reset.

Edited by - specter on 06 juin 2008 07:34:21
Go to Top of Page

sjimmie

Netherlands
33 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  09:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, after following this tread for weeks and applying/testing most mods, I now registered...

I found this webpage:
http://pdaplus.hu/content/view/2462/2
My Hungarian is zero (I'm Dutch), so I can't figure out what they are telling about these really great screenshots!?

Specter, I would like to see current time and speed again when navigating. You had it on your previous mods but removed it somehow in the last change. When I try to enable it myself, the apps hangs without any message when starting. It looks like it hangs when I re-enable these lines:
; <TEXT txt_Current_speed template=xtxt x=640 y=375 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
; <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit template=xtxt x=720 y=375 z=10 w=80 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text" visiblemodel="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&navigation.current_speed.valid">

I managed to put current time and the dark area back on the right corner, only current_speed makes it hang.

Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  10:46:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@specter

quote:
Originally posted by specter
you can install mod2 from the web site. it will now show the GPS time and speed when it is not routing. Then it will switch to the routing info when you have a valid route.

Thanks for the detailed replies!!

In the EFM, is the current speed displayed or not (I wasn't aware of the fact that GPSt and speed are displayed only when routing)?

Volume icon: I will try to fix that, I'll go back to the original version and reinstall the mods step by step, so I a) learn more about the mods and b) maybe I can contribute something ;-)

I think I will have mod 2 and mod 5 installed...

-Simon
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  13:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@specter

quote:
Originally posted by sjimmie

Specter, I would like to see current time and speed again when navigating. You had it on your previous mods but removed it somehow in the last change. When I try to enable it myself, the apps hangs without any message when starting. It looks like it hangs when I re-enable these lines:
; <TEXT txt_Current_speed template=xtxt x=640 y=375 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
; <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit template=xtxt x=720 y=375 z=10 w=80 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text" visiblemodel="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&navigation.current_speed.valid">

I managed to put current time and the dark area back on the right corner, only current_speed makes it hang.

Yes, me too, but I neither get it working. I would also like Time and Speed on the display all the time (irrespective of wether a route is available or not).

Can you help, please (maybe you could add the code to the EFM, but comment it out or so for those who don't want it).

Thanks

Simon

Edited by - simima on 06 juin 2008 13:34:43
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  20:11:14  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try this out. Replace your current <layer ui_fmap z=100> function with the one below. it will put the speed and GPS time on the right hand side of the screen and it will stay there permanently.

<layer ui_fmap z=100>
;***** Speed
;    <TEXT txt_Current_speed     template=xtxt x=5  y=340 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FEF1B5 color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&navigation.current_speed.valid">
;    <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit template=xtxt x=85 y=340 z=10 w=80 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT"  fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FEF1B5 color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text"   visiblemodel="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&navigation.current_speed.valid">
   <TEXT txt_Current_speed  template=xtxt x=640  y=375 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
   <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit  template=xtxt x=720 y=375 z=10 w=80 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text"   visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
;***** Elevation
;    <TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=5 y=375 w=137 z=10 align="LEFT" font="FtraBd__"  fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FEF1B5 color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="gps.elevation" visiblemodel="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&gps.elevation.valid">
;***** GPS Time
;    <TEXT sprNMICurrentGpsTime template=xtxt x=5 y=305   z=10 w=137 align="LEFT" textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="!navigation.eta_at_destination.valid&gps.current_time.valid" dayperiod=1 fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FEF1B5 color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
<TEXT sprNMICurrentGpsTime template=xtxt x=640 y=340   z=10 w=137 align="LEFT" textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="gps.current_time.valid" dayperiod=1 fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>

;******* Distance to Destination
     <TEXT sprNMIETAatDestinationNumber template=xtxt x=5 y=340 z=15 w=85 align="RIGHT" textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
;******* Units for Distance (Mi or Km)
     <TEXT sprNMIETAatDestinationUnit template=xtxt x=100 y=340 z=15 w=75 align="LEFT" textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.unit_text" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>    
;******* Time to Destination 
    <TEXT sprNMITimeToDestination template=xtxt x=5 y=305 z=10 w=137  align="LEFT" textmodel_timespan="navigation.time_to_destination" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
;******* ETA Estimated Time of Arrival 
    <TEXT sprNMIETAatDestination template=xtxt x=5 y=375 z=10 w=137  align="LEFT" textmodel_time="navigation.eta_at_destination" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" dayperiod=1 fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>

;****** Main menu button
    <BUTTON btn_GoToMenu        x=10 y=410 z=101 bmp="hp_btn_maptomenu.bmp#2" onRelease='EMPTYSTATEQUEUE, STATE st_AdvMenu'>
;******* Goto menu button
    <BUTTON btn_PointOnMap_car  x=110 y=410 z=12 bmp="hp_btn_point_car.bmp#2" onRelease='EMPTYSTATEQUEUE, STATE st_AdvMenu, NEXTSTATE st_GoToMenu'>     
;******* MiniGPS button
    <SPRITE xxx                 x=190 y=410  z=50 bmp="hp_status_minigps_onmap.spr" phasemodel="other.hp.signal_phase_0to5">        
    <BUTTON xxx                 x=240 y=410  z=51 bmp="hp_status_minigps_onmap_button.bmp" onRelease='run sc_btnASM_GPS_OnRelease'>

;******* Current street Including House Numbers
    ;x=x position, y=y position, w=width of name field
    <TEXT sprNMICurrentStreetName template=xtxt x=370 y=438 z=10 w=370 align="CENTER" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street">
    <TEXT sprNMIActualHouseNum1   template=xtxt x=740 y=438      w=60  align="CENTER" fontsize=30 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="map.cursorpos.lefthousenumber"> 
    <TEXT sprNMIActualHouseNum2   template=xtxt x=310 y=438      w=60  align="CENTER" fontsize=30 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="map.cursorpos.righthousenumber">
;******* Next street
    <TEXT sprNMINextStreetName    template=xtxt x=190 y=2   z=10 w=610 align="CENTER" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.next_street">

;******* DIRECTION ICON & Distance to Turn    
    <SPRITE xxx bmp="$diriconbig_HP_stripe_55px.spr" x=10  y=9  z=10 phasemodel="navigation.direction_id" visiblemodel="navigation.direction_id.valid">
    <TEXT xxx  template=xtxt x=40 y=20 z=10 w=145  fontsize=37 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 align="RIGHT"  textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_manuver.full_text"   visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"> 

;******* GREY SQUARE FOR TIME, ETA...
;     <SPRITE sprNMIDataBG bmp="blackstripeeta.bmp" x=0 y=300 z=0>
    <SPRITE sprNMIDataBG bmp="blackstripeeta.bmp" x=0 y=300 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
;    <BUTTON btneta bmp="blackstripeeta.bmp" x=0 y=300 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" onRelease='NEXTSTATE st_RouteItinerary' enabledmodel="!route.itiner.list.isempty">>

;******* GREY SQUARE FOR TIME & SPEED
    <SPRITE sprNMIDataBG2 bmp="blackstripespd.bmp" x=635 y=340 z=0>

;******* Volume button and Brightness button
    <SPRITE sprNM_VolStatus     x=735 y=12 z=23  bmp="hp_header_volume.spr" phasemodel="other.hp.volume_phase">  
    <PUSHBUTTON BtnVolumeOnMap  x=711 y=0  z=100 bmp="hp_volume_btn.bmp#2" onselect='run sc_Volume_Open' ondeselect='run sc_Brightness_Open'>

<SPRITE IconBrightness         x=731  y=12 z=23 bmp="hp_header_brightness.bmp" HIDE>    
    <PUSHBUTTON BtnBrightnessOnMap x=711 y=0 z=100 bmp="hp_volume_btn.bmp#2" onselect='' ondeselect='run sc_Brightness_Close' HIDE>   

</layer> 

Go to Top of Page

smurff2

114 Posts

Posted - 06 juin 2008 :  20:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@sjimmie

its a skin from Mexxme, its not ready yet !

Smurff

HP Ipaq 310 -A ppSuite 30555 - Driver version v1.00.02 / MIO C520 firmware: V3.3 01/2008

Edited by - smurff2 on 06 juin 2008 20:22:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05