Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2207

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2008 :  03:02:14  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@smurff2,

are you able to get your ipaq 310 to boot up in 640x480? I have been trying without sucess. i tried changin the file in the OS/config/ directory. the sys.txt file has this command:

;force resolution
forcedwidth=800
forcedheight=480
forcedorient=2

it is also in the data.zip file in the OS directory. Tried changing it to 640x480 in there too. no luck. I even changed the splashscreen bmp file to something else and it still showed the old splashscreen.

anyone have any luck editing the OS files on the ipaq 310?

Go to Top of Page

alkuren

Russia
15 Posts

Posted - 27 mai 2008 :  15:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello from Moscow.
1. There was info about resetting device by pressing and holding weel.
2. You can customize your Ipaq and use usual IGO8( or Igo 2006) version, for example, with all maps available fot it.
Some people reported you can buy original Europe and Russian maps from HP for approx. $160
Alexey
quote:
Originally posted by podvodoy

Hello. I have 2 troubles with my HP 310.

1)Can anybody send me backup copy of original registry. My is corrupted.
2)Can anybody help with finding maps of europe countries.(Europe Union + Russia)

Thanks! =)

Alexey on IPAQ 316
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 28 mai 2008 :  06:22:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone managed to get Netfront 3.5 to run yet?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

stk

12 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2008 :  03:09:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SPECTER - hope you can help me out. i saw you worked on a skin that shows the current house number on the left and right of your gps position, on the same line as the current street name. do you know how to use this function on miomap3.3 THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Edited by - stk on 29 mai 2008 03:12:31
Go to Top of Page

jordano

Bulgaria
23 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2008 :  08:51:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello from the new guy!I have been following this thread for quite a long time but was unable to register for some reason.
When I bought my 316 couple of months ago I was slightly disappointed with it.Lbendlin tried to enlight me but soon became desperate with my ignorance...I was having hard times finding and installing things like TC or TCPMP.
Now, thanks to your mods and "betterisations" my iPaq316 has become a much better device.
For those of you working on new mods, a quick glance on what 316 accepts:
#Fullscreen by default and transparent bars, but unable to install the blackstripe (actually, only the one at the bottom was visible)and the color of the font remained blue.
#Compass mode is OK.I only lowered the position of the arrow a bit in order to make it visible when the "next turn" sign"s on the screen.
#Managed to change the settings so that now I can swith between current and next street but was unable to change the color for current street, so in order to know what's on the screen I have made the font size for current street a bit smaller also adding the glowing border.
#Scheme mod is working in all its versions.At the moment I'm using the one that makes my choice permanent but I think day and nighi themes do not swith automatically although the slider for night mode is on "auto".
As for the Skins I only tried once and put one of them into the "scheme" folder, but nothing happened.Suspect I might have done something wrong...
#Managed to change the font, but there's no cyrillic support so the option is to choose any western language instead of Bulgarian (Russian, ect.)
If there's a way I can help you in your wonderful work, am at your disposal.
Go to Top of Page

pAdLa

Ukraine
1 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2008 :  16:41:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How to delete all contacts on iPAQ 316 Travel Companion?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 29 mai 2008 :  17:24:58  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else noticed that searching for a POI along the route returns POIS that are NOT on the route? It doesn't seem to work correctly. I haven't modified anything that changes the routing behaviour, so I wanted to see if anyone else had that issue. If not, let me know. I may need to figure out what is wrong with my ipaq.

Go to Top of Page

ksrao801

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 31 mai 2008 :  23:21:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
EDITED BY ADMIN : Discussion of software obtained illegally is against the forum rules. Thanks.

K Sankara Rao
Go to Top of Page

smurff2

114 Posts

Posted - 01 juin 2008 :  00:00:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specter

would you place your modded ui files in a folder, and maybe upload them somewhere for guys that want the mod, but dont want to screw up.

Thanks
Smurff

HP Ipaq 310 -A ppSuite 30555 - Driver version v1.00.02 / MIO C520 firmware: V3.3 01/2008
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 03 juin 2008 :  22:44:32  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pAdLa

How to delete all contacts on iPAQ 316 Travel Companion?

delete the ipaq\sqdb file

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Clubs278

8 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2008 :  22:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please help me. I have been going through this forum and google for days trying to find place to get apps for my ipaq 310. I have experimented with .cab and .exe programs. Maybe Im just too much of a n00b to know how to install them. I did manage to get TCPMP and shell program to work. All I want is some more programs on my ipaq. Maybe I missed something in the forums, please give me a lead, anything, anyone.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2008 :  22:50:57  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is your motivation for getting these programs on there? What are you trying to achieve?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

simima

Switzerland
53 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2008 :  23:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@specter and all the other EFM modders

Great website with the MOD's, thank you very much for that work!
In principle, it seems to work as described (haven't tested it fully though).
I have some questions to MOD 2 (EFM) though... (I have the iPaq314):

1. In the section about ui_hpi_sagan/common/ui/navigatemap.ui, <script sc_Full_MapSize>, you write
"look down until you see the ui_txt_next_street.show and add the line: ui_fmap.hide"
while below (in the AFTER part), it says
" ;**********************EFM MOD START*******************
ui_fmap.show
ui_fmap_buttons.show
;***********************EFM MOD END******************** "
So what is it, .hide or .show?

2. In the file ui_hpi_sagan/800_480/ui/navigatemap_800_480.ui, the biggest modification, there are several lines at the bottom that say
" ;******** Pressing the next street name will" ... seems there's something missing, and each following line is commented out, like
" ;<BUTTON btnSPC_next x=310 y=0 bmp="hp_cur_st_btn.bmp" onrelease='run sc_btnNMQR_Avoid_OnRelease'>"-
Is that correct?

3. On the new screen, the text (street names) and the icons do not seem to be aligned as before (street names too high at the top and too low at the bottom...)?

4. The Volume icon seems static - unmodified, the volume icon changes to the backlight item when tapping twice, allowing for backlight adjustment, but after the mod, the volume icon remains. ??

And lastly: Will the changes survive a reset?

Thanks for your help!!

-Simon

quote:
Originally posted by specter

I have updated the EFM mod;

* Pressing the Next Street name will open the avoid menu
* The ETA data will show Time left on trip, Distance and Estimated Time of Arrival when on a route
* When it is not on a route, it will switch to GPS Time, Speed, Altitude
* Pressing the ETA data will open the ROUTE INFO screen

There have been a few other small changes to the text position to make things look better.

http://www.ebay-pictures.com/gps/

Edited by - simima on 05 juin 2008 00:21:10
Go to Top of Page

Clubs278

8 Posts

Posted - 04 juin 2008 :  23:55:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

What is your motivation for getting these programs on there? What are you trying to achieve?

I just want to use my ipaq travel companion as more than a navigator and music/video player. I want to use it as a datebook, planner, business manager, etc.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 juin 2008 :  00:33:38  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
frankly speaking you are wasting your time. You need a Windows Mobile device, not a Windows CE device. Get yourself a Windows Mobile Professional Pocket PC phone with built-in GPS.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05