Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2164

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  17:22:46  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@grandous

What do you mean vga=1? where can you set that.

Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  17:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter. I do not have WinRAR which I assume I need to extract the blackstrip.bmp, is that right? Is it possible for you to extract and post somewhere? thanks
Go to Top of Page

redeyes717

Italy
26 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  18:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpsuser

specter. I do not have WinRAR which I assume I need to extract the blackstrip.bmp, is that right? Is it possible for you to extract and post somewhere? thanks

WinRar is almost free. So download it here

http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=230353

HP Ipaq 314, Magellan 4370, Mio Spirit V735
IPhone-3GS 32GB, Sony Xperia, HTC Dream
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  18:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately the problem is still there. The modifications are still very usable except the turn street words on the top and current street on the bottom are part on the desktop and part on the grey strip which makes it a little difficult to read. I don't see other problems except for the greystrip. Thanks for your suggestions
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  20:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Solved! a friend fixed it, not sure how quite yet but the Mod 2 changes are fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

hank1

3 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  06:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gpsuser,
It will be great help to list what your friend did to fix the grey bar. I had same problem.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  09:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by specter

@grandous

I think after [INTERFACE] in sys.txt for the igo8 beta version perhaps it's ok for ipaq 310?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  18:48:32  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandous

quote:
Originally posted by specter

@grandous

I think after [INTERFACE] in sys.txt for the igo8 beta version perhaps it's ok for ipaq 310?

You are right. you can get 640x480. On the PC version it supports 800x480 but the PDA version is stuck with 640x480. You can modify the scripts.ui and navigatemap_320_240.ui and get a nice 800x480 map but the menus are still 640x480. still quite usable.

Go to Top of Page

raking

5 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  20:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter, I met the same greyed out warning icon as you did.
Returned the unit to HP for repair, but the problem is still there with the returned unit.
Did you find out a way to fix it?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  23:39:33  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raking

specter, I met the same greyed out warning icon as you did.
Returned the unit to HP for repair, but the problem is still there with the returned unit.
Did you find out a way to fix it?

I changed a couple of things to get it to work:

in common/ui/variable_def.ui MAINLY REMOVE THE PERMANENT
changed
<var vSpeedCam=0 permanent>
to:
<var vSpeedCam=1>

in common/ui/start.ui
changed
I dont have the original line, but it is line number 168 it is in the <state st_Start> function. If your line already looks like this you are OK.

to:
runif vPlatformID L"HP_iPAQ_310_Travel_Companion" sc_disable_speedwarning

Let me know if that works for you. I didn't write down the changes but feel about 95% sure that is everything.

Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  01:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Major breakthrough: Scheme/Colour Profile support
After a week of tinkering fun, experimentation and frustration I have finally managed to enable Scheme/Colour Profile support.

The changes
Note: It seems until March update is available and installed on iPAQ 314 this mod will not work on it.
Before I start a word of warning ensure you have backup of data.zip AND you have a method of booting into Windows CE. If an invalid scheme is selected the iPAQ 31x will not be able to run iGo software.

There are 2 files in data.zip that need to be modified; setting.ui in ui_hp_sagan/common/ui folder and setting_800_480.ui in ui_hp_sagan/800_480/ui folder.

At the top of setting.ui file there is <header> section. Paste the following line at the end of <header> section but before </header> tag.

<var bNightMode>

The following code needs to be placed in setting.ui file after st_SettingVisual3D section and before st_SettingVisualMap section.

;************ Start raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************
<state st_ColorProfiles>
    <uselayer ui_Header/>
    <uselayer ui_Background/>
	;<uselayer ui_Title/>
	<uselayer ui_Footer/>
	<uselayer ui_ColorProfiles/>

<script init>
        Title.SET "Color Profiles"

btnSVM_MapColor.TEXT vColorSchemeDayName
		    btnSVM_MapNightColor.TEXT vColorSchemeNightName

;Set slider state from night mode variables
        runif bAutoNightMode 1 'vMapColors.SET "AUTO"'
        else_runif bNightMode 1 'vMapColors.SET "NIGHT"'
        else_run 'vMapColors.SET "DAY"'
    </script>
</state>

<script sc_btnSVM_MapColor_OnRelease>
    vSelectColorProfileMode.SET 0
    NEXTSTATE st_SettingVisualMapColor
</script>

<script sc_btnSVM_MapNightColor_OnRelease>
    vSelectColorProfileMode.SET 1
    NEXTSTATE st_SettingVisualMapColor
</script>

<script sc_SetNightMode>
	runif vMapColors "AUTO" 'bAutoNightMode.SET 1'
	else_runif vMapColors "NIGHT" 'bAutoNightMode.SET 0, bNightMode.SET 1'
	else_run 'bAutoNightMode.SET 0, bNightMode.SET 0'
</script>

<script sc_SetToNightMode>
	;bAutoNightMode.SET 0
	bNightMode.SET 1
	statusDay.show
	statusAutoDN.hide
	statusNight.hide
</script>

<script sc_SetToDayMode>
	;bAutoNightMode.SET 0
	bNightMode.SET 0
	statusAutoDN.hide
	statusNight.show
	statusDay.hide
</script>

;****************************************************************************************************************

<state st_SettingVisualMapColor>
	<uselayer ui_Header/>
    <uselayer ui_Background/>
	;<uselayer ui_Title/>
    <uselayer ui_Footer/>
	<uselayer ui_SettingVisualMapColor/>

<script init>
	    RUNIF     vSelectColorProfileMode 0 'title.text "Day Colour Profile"'
	    ELSE_RUNIF vSelectColorProfileMode 1 'title.text "Night Colour Profile"'

lstSVM_Profiles.SETCONTROLS "btnSVM_ProfilesNextPage" "btnSVM_ProfilesPrevPage"
	    ATTACHCOLORPROFILEMODEL lstSVM_Profiles vSelectColorProfileMode

runif vSelectColorProfileMode 0 'lstSVM_Profiles.SETSELECTION vColorSchemeDayName'
	    runif vSelectColorProfileMode 1 'lstSVM_Profiles.SETSELECTION vColorSchemeNightName'
	    lstSVM_Profiles.GETNTEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx
	</script>
</state>

<script sc_lstSVM_Profiles_OnItemSelected>
	runif vSelectColorProfileMode 0 'SETCOLORPROFILE lstSVM_Profiles 0 "vColorSchemeDayName"'
	runif vSelectColorProfileMode 1 'SETCOLORPROFILE lstSVM_Profiles 0 "vColorSchemeNightName"'
	PREVSTATE
</script>

;************ End raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************

The following code needs to be placed in setting_800_480.ui file after ui_SettingVisualBackground section and before ui_SettingVisualMap section.

;************ Start raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************

<layer ui_ColorProfiles z=30>
	<SPRITE xxx x=15 y=84 z=0 bmp="hp_bubble_overview.bmp" z=0>

<TEXT		txt_NightMode  template=xsld_text x=220 y=114 w=340 text="Night Mode">
	<SLIDER	sld_NightMode  template=xsld_275 bmp="hp_slider_left_260.bmp#2"   bmp2="hp_slider_right_260.bmp#2" y=115  w=820 value="Off|0|On|1|Auto|2" var=vNightModeSetting onselect='run sc_SetNightModeSetting'>

<BUTTON btnSVM_MapColor 	template=xbtn template=btn206 x=290 y=205  text="" valign="bottom-7" align="RIGHT-5" onrelease='run sc_btnSVM_MapColor_OnRelease'>
	<TEXT   xxx             	template=btntext  x=300	y=210  text="Day Scheme:" watchstate=btnSVM_MapColor>

<BUTTON btnSVM_MapNightColor    template=xbtn template=btn206 x=290 y=290  text="" valign="bottom-7" align="RIGHT-5" onrelease='run sc_btnSVM_MapNightColor_OnRelease'>
	<TEXT  xxx             	template=btntext  x=300	y=295 text="Night Scheme:" watchstate=btnSVM_MapNightColor>
</layer>

;***************************************************************************************************************

<layer ui_SettingVisualMapColor z=35>
	<SPRITE xxx template=glist_empty z=0>
	<LISTTABLE lstSVM_Profiles       template=xlist y=20 onitemselected='run sc_lstSVM_Profiles_OnItemSelected'>
	<TEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx     template=pageindex>

<VSMARTSCROLL lstSVM_Profiles_smartscroll template=vscrollbar table="lstSVM_Profiles" hide SLIDER_ABOVE_FRAME_SIZETHUMB>
	<BUTTON btnSVM_ProfilesPrevPage  template=prevpage onrelease='lstSVM_Profiles.SETPREVIOUSPAGE, lstSVM_Profiles.GETNTEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx'>
	<BUTTON btnSVM_ProfilesNextPage  template=nextpage onrelease='lstSVM_Profiles.SETNEXTPAGE, lstSVM_Profiles.GETNTEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx'>
	<SPRITE xxx          template=scroll_bg>
</layer>

;************ End raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************

In setting_800_480.ui file there is a section ui_SettingVisualMap and toward the end of this section there are the following lines:

<TEXT     txt_NightMode  template=xsld_text x=310   y=322 w=402 text="Night Mode">
	<SLIDER   sld_NightMode  template=xsld_275 bmp="hp_slider_left_260.bmp#2"   bmp2="hp_slider_right_260.bmp#2" x=112 y=317  w=800 value="Off|0|On|1|Auto|2" var=vNightModeSetting onselect='run sc_SetNightModeSetting'>

replace these lines of code with the following:

<BUTTON btnMapScheme template=xbtn x=310 y=317 z=1  text="Scheme" template=btn206  onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_ColorProfiles'>
	;<TEXT     txt_NightMode  template=xsld_text x=310   y=322 w=402 text="Night Mode">
	;<SLIDER   sld_NightMode  template=xsld_275 bmp="hp_slider_left_260.bmp#2"   bmp2="hp_slider_right_260.bmp#2" x=112 y=317  w=800 value="Off|0|On|1|Auto|2" var=vNightModeSetting onselect='run sc_SetNightModeSetting'>

How do I select my scheme?
On your iPAQ create "scheme" folder under \IPAQ\NAV\content folder. Content folder also contains building, dem, voice, map, poi, etc folders. Place your schemes in this new scheme folder.

After you have made the changes and placed schemes in scheme folder run the iPAQ and click > Settings > Visual Settings > Map Settings. If you made changes correctly you should notice that next to POI Visibility button is a new button called Scheme (don't freak out Night Mode slider has not disappeared! I have just moved it to Scheme screen as it makes more sense to me and also this is the location in iGo 8). It may take couple of seconds for Scheme screen to be displayed. After it is displayed you will notice that there are 3 sliders; Night Mode; Day Colour Scheme; and Night Colour Scheme.

Night Mode is the same slider that used to be on Map Setting so there is no need explain what that is for. Day Colour Scheme and Night Colour Scheme are actually Listtables but they are displayed as sliders so after you choose the scheme you wish to change to you need to click on scheme name to confirm. If the scheme is loaded correctly then you will be taken to the previous screen i.e Map Settings. On the other hand, if the scheme is invalid then there will be unable to load error.

After you confirm your selection if you go to the map you should notice new map colours. Voila!

Where do I get schemes from?
Schemes will be posted at: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111701

Conclusion
With this mod everyone should be able to tinker with map colours whilst easily being able to switch default or some other scheme.

Edited by - raven2000 on 26 mai 2008 02:09:30
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  01:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why doesn't the forum code work?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  02:07:26  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
works for me

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  02:19:19  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is your [\b]

should be you need to flip your \s.

by the way, GREAT MOD!

Edited by - specter on 16 mai 2008 02:28:53
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  03:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks specter my slashes were incorrect. Re-edited my post and it looks much more cleaner and easier to read.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05