Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 1941

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  18:13:26  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@okcrew: Just use the standard 0.72 RC1 - either GDI or raw framebuffer will work.

Do NOT stretch the video to fill the screen, play at 100%. That way you avoid recalcultion of each frame.

how high is the percentage of dropped frames?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  18:16:27  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@mpogr

This is a Windows CE device. You will want a Windows Mobile device. I know the screen is nice but you could also get a Toshiba G900 with a similar screen.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mpogr

Israel
6 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  19:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

@mpogr

This is a Windows CE device. You will want a Windows Mobile device. I know the screen is nice but you could also get a Toshiba G900 with a similar screen.

With all due respect to Toshiba, there are 2 important drawbacks with it:
1. 2x price tag
2. The screen resolution is the same but the size is not! So I doubt it can be effectively (meaning without endangering my eyes) used for navigation.
And what do I significantly miss here comparing to Windows Mobile 6? Is it MSWord/PPT stuff?
The only thing that I'm not yet sure about is the support for various BT profiles (DUN/PAN, SPP, A2DP and AVCRP), all the rest is there.
One last thing: can't someone with right tools make Windows Mobile 6 (probably ripped off other new IPAQs) work in the 310? Any chance HP will provide it some day?
Go to Top of Page

IDMD

Russia
2 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  20:27:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lbendlin

You mean you want to change the OS language? As far a I know there is no ROM update available for the 310 yet.

Hi, i just want to change the OS language on Russian.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  21:36:17  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mpogr
The only thing that I'm not yet sure about is the support for various BT profiles (DUN/PAN, SPP, A2DP and AVCRP), all the rest is there.
One last thing: can't someone with right tools make Windows Mobile 6 (probably ripped off other new IPAQs) work in the 310? Any chance HP will provide it some day?

BT is seriously crippled. The built-in BT stub does not recognize the hardware, and the BlueSoleil stack is extremely minimalistic, basically just Handsfree/Voice Gateway profile. None of the profiles you mentioned are supported.

Why on earth should HP provide WM6 for this device? They market it as a locked down, one-shot PND, not as a future proof Pocket PC.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  21:38:49  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@IDMD : If you can somehow get the ROM off the 316 then you should be able to force it onto a 310. If you don't succeed you have to wait for an updated 316 ROM that you could then force-feed onto the 310. But - will they ever release one? I doubt it.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

mpogr

Israel
6 Posts

Posted - 17 déc. 2007 :  22:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin

If BT is so crippled, it really sucks.

As for HP releasing full-fledged WM6, I bet you're right, they never will.

Why on earth nobody thinks about manufacturing a full-fledged WM6 device with 310-alike hardware? Maybe the only thing I would add to this is WiFi. The upcoming 210 is close, but it's missing the WGA screen as well as the built-in GPS (the later is not a big deal for me though).

Really, I'm prepared to pay >600$ price tag for a device with such specs... Am I alone?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  14:46:21  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You could get a HTC Advantage - the only difference is a VGA screen, not WVGA. But it has everything else, and much more than the 310.

My review is up at

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/ipaq310.php

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  20:32:55  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@lbendlin: I asked the developers Bluetooth from hardware, that can be opened. It was said that he is this BlueSoleil unfortunately an lousy, and solving the audio transfer was heavy.

You can try it with a WLAN card the machine?

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  21:38:56  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
köszi, sancho. I don't have a WLAN card any more to test this though...

I have downloaded the BlueSoleil SDK - it refuses to install on the iPAQ but maybe we can copy the stuff over manually.

http://www.ivtcorporation.com/products/wince/index.php

http://www.ivtcorporation.com/download/downloadfile/Bluesoleil_CE_Eva_7.30.zip

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  21:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was a WLAN card of mine, but I sold unfortunately. Was for it driver for WinCE:
http://www.pretec.com/epages/Store.storefront/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store.Pretec/Categories/Download/testinout

IVT: Does this variant work?

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

OKCrew

15 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  22:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lbendlin... That helped but now my 640x480 looks awful small. My Mio c310x can stretch and play the files fine with little if any dropped frames. I run GAPI on it. Unfortunately, there is no GAPI profile that I can find to fit the HP. There must be a good combination of dlls that would get TCPMP to run well on the HP.

On the plus side, the 640x480 picture is very nice. I would just like to use all of the screen realty.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 déc. 2007 :  22:21:03  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you find the gx.dll in the game folders, and in the Nav folder too. Not sure it really works for the device (my screenshot program fails to load the DLL)

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

OKCrew

15 Posts

Posted - 19 déc. 2007 :  00:33:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried that with no luck... I'm not up enough on all different dll and display formats ie. GDI, direct draw, GPI etc... to figure it out myself. I was hoping some tweaker enthusiast had an iPaq 310 and was working on it. Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

tgen

3 Posts

Posted - 21 déc. 2007 :  17:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has any one was able to install TomTom 6?
more important - i have Igo 2006 maps that i need to use (i have the US version of the 310). can anyone know how to do that. I'll guess there is a need for separate installation....

Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05