Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2403

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  17:46:37  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Racer_X

Has anyone in the US been able to get speedcam to work? The icon is allowing me to select it and add a speedcam location with some options (sign type and speed). It will create an icon on the map, but when I drive by them nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

My speed cameras worked in the US until I sent back my GPS to HP for repair. first, did you put a check in the checkbox to warn you for cameras and second did you create a camera that is pointing in the direction you are driving. you can select directions by tapping on the box with the arrows on the right... when you are creating a red light camera.

Go to Top of Page

Racer_X

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  18:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter,

Thanks for your response! I have check the checkbox that said "Enable Safety Cameras" , under the signal icon. I did have the arrows going in both directions, but had the location not at a intersection. Will retry at a intersection and see what happens. Did your maps already have the speed camera locations on it?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

pepe666

2 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  18:59:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to install Windows mobile under iPaq 314?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  20:28:49  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Racer_X

specter,

Thanks for your response! I have check the checkbox that said "Enable Safety Cameras" , under the signal icon. I did have the arrows going in both directions, but had the location not at a intersection. Will retry at a intersection and see what happens. Did your maps already have the speed camera locations on it?

Thanks!

I have a text file that has a list of speed cameras. If you use a text file you can copy it to the nav/content/speedcamera/ directory and call the file: speedcameras.txt. You also have to delete the files in that directory. When you reboot your ipaq and run nav again, it will read the text file and create the camera database. Then you can add your own cameras through the nav software.

Here is the format of the text file I am using:

X,Y,TYPE,SPEED,DirType,Direction

Edited by - specter on 05 mai 2008 20:29:45
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  22:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[/quote]Here is the format of the text file I am using:
09.49356,45.56791,1,20,0,0[/quote]

Specter, I have a speedcam file I couldn't get working because it wasn't in the format you presented. What does the data after the columns after X and Y mean and how should they be populated? Thanks.

IGO8... IS GREAT!

Edited by - JohnCougar on 05 mai 2008 22:07:07
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  22:35:07  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCougar

Here is the format of the text file I am using:

Specter, I have a speedcam file I couldn't get working because it wasn't in the format you presented. What does the data after the columns after X and Y mean and how should they be populated? Thanks.

The X and Y are Longitude and lattitude. I don't know too much more about this file. if you look for info on the "igo 2006 gps speedcameras.txt" in google there is a lot of info out there. That software use the same text file. I am using my text file from igo 2006 now.

Edited by - specter on 06 mai 2008 00:06:56
Go to Top of Page

Infama

Switzerland
195 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  22:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Latest HP update on the Upgrade process here:
http://www.gpsreview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37712#37712

JCougar, I think X,Y are lattittude and longitude GPS coordinates.

To the other poster, Pepe666: NO its not possible to install Windows Mobile on the iPaq 300s.

TT 920T user.
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  23:20:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jyqureshi
Thanks for your reply. It explains my problem.

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  00:46:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jyqureshi, to get the text to change color from day to night I edit your scripts_800_480.ui and edit all the daytime text and night time text color.

This works for me. I set my black daytime text to 141414 and nightime orange text FA6422.

Garmin 1490T, Yomtom 335s & Ipaq310
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  01:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MTurbo,

What I was referring to was when the GPS software automatically changes the text color during navigation, the script does not work, but when you yourself modify Settings/Visuals/Map Settings/Night Mode:auto|on|off, then the script works.

Edit:
To solve this issue I reverted back the white color for the text, and added the "Glow" color, which makes an outline around the text and added a vector transparent gray background, see image below:

This way, the text is always visible in day/night/going under tunnel colors mode.

Oh yeah, when going under the tunnel, the navigation software switches to a "night mode" kind of scheme, something I noticed on my trip to NJ/NY.

Now, somehow if I can fix those huge fonts and sheilds.

Edited by - jyqureshi on 06 mai 2008 02:14:44
Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  03:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jyqureshi, now I understand what you meant.

Just turn on the ipaq and it went into night mode with text in day mode color. I hit the home key amd then map again and the night time text color came up did not have to go into the menu to switch modes.

Edited by - MTurbo on 06 mai 2008 03:07:07
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  11:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello all,

Need more help with my "No langauages" message pb.

If I boot normally, I have "Error Nolanguages ..." message and the ipaq reboot.

If I boot using CELauncher method, HP Content Manager tell that he don't see any device connected (but Windows XP detect new hardware Mass storage).

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  12:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i want to format my windows ce os and install windows mobile is it possible?
i have ipaq 310.
btw if some can post here CHM/HTML/PDB or any types of readers
i will be very thankfull

any games will be nice too i just hate that windows ce everything in the net is for windows mobile

thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

Hagar

18 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  13:21:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Denti13,
If you boot in cecmd and attach the iPAQ to the PC, do you get an extra drive ?
If so, can you make a dir listing of everything on your drive and mail or upload it ? Then we can check to see if something's missing.
E.g. if your drive is F: in a DOS screen on the PC :

cmd> f:
cmd> cd \
cmd> dir *.* /s > c:\log.txt

Edited by - Hagar on 06 mai 2008 15:40:12
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  13:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hagar,

Thanks for your help.

Yes I can acces to my ipaq as a drive.

Log file is here http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/log_ipaq314.zip

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  15:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jyqureshi : Can you share your code for the gray stripes and outlines? Thanks.

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page

Hagar

18 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  15:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denti13,
I don't seem to get your e-mail, but anyway, it seems that a lot of files are missing.
Can you unzip the following file : http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/lang.zip
and put the 13 zip files in \IPAQ\NAV\content\lang
Grtz,
Hagar

Update : Denti, your email at hotmail does not work and at gmail does not get answered...

Edited by - Hagar on 07 mai 2008 09:51:27
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  16:26:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@hagar : Mail was sent
Thanks
Denti13
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  19:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hagar,

I have no more the error message.

If i boot the gps connected to the PC, I will see a screen and a keybord, like the GPS are waiting for update.

The pb is PC side, HP Content Manager tell that he cannot detect the device.

jdatalog dot converter at hotmail.com (replace dot by ., at by @ and delete the space).

Thanks for your help.

If you have other suggestion.

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  19:03:07  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phoenix9

i want to format my windows ce os and install windows mobile is it possible?
i have ipaq 310.
btw if some can post here CHM/HTML/PDB or any types of readers
i will be very thankfull

any games will be nice too i just hate that windows ce everything in the net is for windows mobile

thanks in advance

what part of "No, not possible" did you not understand?

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

brahmachari99

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  19:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I'll move my post to the other 310 thread.

Edited by - brahmachari99 on 06 mai 2008 19:10:07
Go to Top of Page

MexxMe

3 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  21:29:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone tried to update Ipaq 310 with firmware from 314 ?
Go to Top of Page

pepe666

2 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  21:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Infama! ;)

I've installed GPS Tuner and GPS Meter on iPAQ 314 but when i try to launch the applications, i receive an error message - "Cannot find 'GPSTuner'(or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are avaiable. - can you help me with this problem?
By the way, does somebody knows a good GPS/Topography software that works on iPAQ 314?
Thank You
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 06 mai 2008 :  22:30:37  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OziExplorerCE works perfectly.

You are missing some DLLs. there's a DLL pack for the Mio, you can try that. Also somewhere in the beginning of this very thread is a link to a DLL pack.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

maca69

Australia
13 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  01:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jyqureshi

MTurbo,

What I was referring to was when the GPS software automatically changes the text color during navigation, the script does not work, but when you yourself modify Settings/Visuals/Map Settings/Night Mode:auto|on|off, then the script works.

Edit:
To solve this issue I reverted back the white color for the text, and added the "Glow" color, which makes an outline around the text and added a vector transparent gray background, see image below:

This way, the text is always visible in day/night/going under tunnel colors mode.

Oh yeah, when going under the tunnel, the navigation software switches to a "night mode" kind of scheme, something I noticed on my trip to NJ/NY.

Now, somehow if I can fix those huge fonts and sheilds.

Hi jyqureshi i noticed that you had a compass with north showing on your display? Is it a normal option on the Ipaq 31x's that can be selected or is it a mode that has been done?
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  01:23:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is any option for handwriting in ipaq 310?
TIA
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  01:32:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can someone please if you have successfully installed a spectec wifi card... can you please tell me the registry keys needed and the dlls needed. i have successfully installed opera.. i bought a spectec wifi card.. but have no success on wifi detect/connect.
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  02:09:29  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@maca69: this is a mod that is described here, a few pages back
@phoenix9: no
@miolover: you better look at the Bluetooth options (PAN or DUN), those work much more reliably.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  02:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@maca69

It was a mod that I did.
The command I discovered points the "needle" towards the north.
There may be another command that points towards the direction where you're going, it may just need to be discovered.

Edited by - jyqureshi on 07 mai 2008 02:45:07
Go to Top of Page

miolover

529 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  02:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i dont have bluetooth on my gps. i have navigon 2100. i am scouring for ideas here coz the users here are more advanced in knowledge than my fellow users. :( i have a question though, can i use BT via usb mini port?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  08:59:53  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roeka,

THANKS TO ROBITOM - ADDING HIS CHANGE WILL FIX THE LARGE FONT PROBLEM:
in the file hp_sagan.ini, section [3d_config], change value roadsign_lines_per_screen=11 on roadsign_lines_per_screen=16.

I think you will like this one. Here is how to have your GPS start up in full screen mode by default. It will always start back in full screen even after you click around in the menu.

In the file: ui_hp_sagan\common\ui\navigatemap.ui

LINE NUMBER 131 in your file. it is in the function: <state st_NavigateMap> near the bottom of this function.

Before:
vSmartzoom_prev.boolmodel "smartzoom.enabled"
vSmartzoom_prev.dropmodel
run sc_SetAvoidButtonText

AFTER:
vSmartzoom_prev.boolmodel "smartzoom.enabled"
vSmartzoom_prev.dropmodel
;SPECTER - MAKES FULL SCREEN DEFAULT - NEXT LINE
run sc_Change_MapSize
run sc_SetAvoidButtonText

Edited by - specter on 08 mai 2008 00:21:15
Go to Top of Page

roeka

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  10:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ specter

Great thing, thanks a lot for this ingenious idea. If I understand you right, this will make the Full screen mode the "default" mode, and one can revert to the regular cockpit view (e.g. for going into the place menu or for the bluetooth menu) via the reduce button after touching the screen. After learning more about the script logic of the Igo programmers, we will make the 310 series a noticeably different and clearly improved device.
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  10:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is program like paint in windows for ipaq 310?
Go to Top of Page

Hagar

18 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  11:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never tried it, but maybe you will find something here :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6A499BCB-46DC-48F2-BB68-484415DF7B21&displaylang=en
(pocket paint ?)

Edited by - Hagar on 07 mai 2008 12:03:17
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  11:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

@Hagar : jdatalog . converter (at) gmail.com
eventually : tophi (at) laposte.net

Have tried again to send you an email

Thanks for your support :-)
Go to Top of Page

roeka

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  14:00:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ specter

I just wanted to implement your change on my Ipaq 314 and had to notice that our navigatemap.ui is clearly different from yours. The lines you describe are not found in my file. Adding your line at one occasion after the smartzoom command only produced a booting error. So perhaps you could check which position in the 314 navigatemap.ui would corespond to the position in the 310 navigatemap.ui. My 314 version you find under this link (with the original EFM mod)

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/efm.zip

Thank you for your help. roeka
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  15:24:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Specter, your current mod makes the road signs MUCH larger, like the transparent mod. Except the larger fonts transfer to the "cockpit view", as well...

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  16:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@JohnCougar
Yep, if the map is initialized with full screen, the fonts, shields will stay LARGE.
I've played with this setting a lot and tried different things with the fonts in default.vis file, but it just stays the same.

Edited by - jyqureshi on 07 mai 2008 16:15:43
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  16:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Jyquershi, thanks for the info. Actually, I don't mind the large word fonts too much. It's the large HIGHWAY SHIELDS that give me fits ;-). Great job, though.

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  16:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter & roeka, thank you for the great full screen mod.

Now I have both mods jyqureshi and yours.

Question guys on the full screen mod is there a way to shrink(reduce) the original turn icon.

I would not mid reducing it a bit smaller.

Also where would I need to edit the banner that is placed from a shade of grey.

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  19:11:22  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by roeka

@ specter

I just wanted to implement your change on my Ipaq 314 and had to notice that our navigatemap.ui is clearly different from yours. The lines you describe are not found in my file. Adding your line at one occasion after the smartzoom command only produced a booting error. So perhaps you could check which position in the 314 navigatemap.ui would corespond to the position in the 310 navigatemap.ui. My 314 version you find under this link (with the original EFM mod)

http://www.gpspassion.com/upload/efm.zip

Thank you for your help. roeka

There are a few difference between my file and yours. I modified your file and included a copy of mine for reference. I put a comment in there, you can search for SPECTER to find the chage.

You are right too. you can still go back to the cockpit mode. All this mod does is does the map zoom during startup.

http://www.ebay-pictures.com/fullscreen.rar

I just noticed, when it starts off in full screen mode it makes the text larger. I will keep trying mods until it displays the text at the correct size. I was up pretty late when I finished this mod... I didn't even notice the font size.... i was just really excited to see it start in full screen mode. why couldn't it have had the correct font size!

Let me know if this works out on yours. I think it will.

If we keep this up, the Ipaq Travel Companion will be one great GPS.

Edited by - specter on 07 mai 2008 20:45:27
Go to Top of Page

accept97

10 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  21:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jyqureshi, have you tried putting that compass on full screen?
Thanks
quote:
Originally posted by jyqureshi

Anybody interested in this mod?
Can you see what it is?

Roeka: That mod looks great, clean and looks uncluttered.

Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  23:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@accept97:

open your navigatemap_800_480.ui and add this layer:

<layer ui_compass z=100>
<VSPRITE dayCompass vec="$compass.vpr" x=9 y=200 z=11 rotatemodel="map.rotation_angle" hide>
<VSPRITE nightCompass vec="$ncompass.vpr" x=9 y=200 z=11 rotatemodel="map.rotation_angle" hide>
</layer>

If you have existing <vsprite lines for compass you can remove them.
save and close this file.

open common/ui/navigatemap.ui
and find <uselayer lines, there will be 12 or 13 uselayer lines
add another line:

<uselayer ui_compass/>

close and save this file.
Move both files to your iPaq and launch nav.exe, the compass should stay in cockpit and full screen mode.
Go to Top of Page

robitom

Poland
1 Posts

Posted - 07 mai 2008 :  23:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello guys. Sorry for my bad english.
@Jyquershi,
in the file hp_sagan.ini, section [3d_config], change value roadsign_lines_per_screen=11 on roadsign_lines_per_screen=16.
Problem large word fonts is no problem :-)

HP iPAQ 316

Edited by - robitom on 08 mai 2008 00:01:46
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  00:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@robitom ..... you da MAN!!!!!!!!

YES It works
YES!!!
finally!!
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  00:22:45  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@robitom, GREAT JOB!

IT WORKS FOR THE EFM MOD TOO.

Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  02:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are amazing I can't believe you have improved this device so much that its close to perfection.
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  05:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to replace the triangle with bitmap of a car?
Go to Top of Page

Saint327

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  07:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Lots of good stuff here regarding navigation usability.

Anyone know what would be involved in changing the POI icons into brand name icons. Similar to what the Navigons are working with?

Perhaps brand icons could be added and appear along side the stock icons, so that they could be selected for their respective merchants.

Thanks again for improving the IPAQ 310 experience.

-Mike
Go to Top of Page

redeyes717

Italy
26 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  09:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@robitom:

great job man! finally we'd use the Jyqureshi, roeka and specter mods with FULL HUGE satisfacion!! (but no HUGE fonts!!)

HP Ipaq 314, Magellan 4370, Mio Spirit V735
IPhone-3GS 32GB, Sony Xperia, HTC Dream
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  14:25:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys.
i just succeed to run program that coded for windows mobile i install xania dll pack and its work just fine but the problem is that when i am opening windows in the program i cant close them becouse they trust the buillded in "ok" button but i cant see that button becouse the system... anyone got an idea ?

and one more thing

CECMD has megabytes on his foldes some know any way to raise it?

TIA.

sorry for my bad english...
Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  15:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter love your full screen mod, I have a question I noticed that on the 3D display there is a more solid purple/blue looking top banner.

This also changes the display in the transparent mode too.

How can I edit the top banner so its a shade of grey like at the bottom.

On my overview 2D display it has both transparent grey bars at the top and bottom.

Thanks

Edited by - MTurbo on 08 mai 2008 15:14:21
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  17:32:14  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote

In your navigatemap_800_480.ui file you can replace the section of code below. It will put a permanent grey bar at the top just like the bottom. It looks like the blue banner at the top is actually the sky line.

;*****************EFM MODE (SPECTER VERSION) GREY AREA ON TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN (START)************************************
; <layer ui_NavigateMapInfos z=52>
; <TEXT txtNMC_FlyOver template=xtxt x=80 y=185 z=100 w=200 h=19 align="CENTER" text="" hide>
; ;<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=270 y=427 z=10 w=263 align="CENTER" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street" fontsize=26 font="FtraBd__" color=#FFFFFF>
; </layer>

<layer ui_NavigateMapInfos z=50>
<TEXT txtNMC_FlyOver template=xtxt x=80 y=185 z=100 w=200 h=19 align="CENTER" text="" hide>
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=0 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=0 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=20 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=20 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=440 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=440 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=460 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=460 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG5 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=420 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG6 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=420 z=0>
</layer>
;*****************EFM MODE (SPECTER VERSION) GREY AREA ON TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN (END)************************************

REPLACE WITH:

;*****************EFM MODE (SPECTER VERSION) GREY AREA ON TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN (START)************************************
; <layer ui_NavigateMapInfos z=52>
; <TEXT txtNMC_FlyOver template=xtxt x=80 y=185 z=100 w=200 h=19 align="CENTER" text="" hide>
; ;<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=270 y=427 z=10 w=263 align="CENTER" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street" fontsize=26 font="FtraBd__" color=#FFFFFF>
; </layer>

<layer ui_NavigateMapInfos z=50>
<TEXT txtNMC_FlyOver template=xtxt x=80 y=185 z=100 w=200 h=19 align="CENTER" text="" hide>
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=0 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=0 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=20 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=20 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=40 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMINextStreetBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=40 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=440 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=440 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=460 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=460 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG5 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=0 y=420 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIActualStreetBG6 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=480 y=420 z=0>
</layer>
;*****************EFM MODE (SPECTER VERSION) GREY AREA ON TOP AND BOTTOM OF SCREEN (END)************************************

Go to Top of Page

typo

2 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  18:18:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
first off - love all the mods!

When in cockpit mode and not using a route, I have to tap the top center of the screen to get the current street I'm on. But this is only temporary and the street name disappears. Is there a way to have the current street displayed up there all the time?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  20:33:27  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by typo

first off - love all the mods!

When in cockpit mode and not using a route, I have to tap the top center of the screen to get the current street I'm on. But this is only temporary and the street name disappears. Is there a way to have the current street displayed up there all the time?

YOU NEED TO EDIT 2 FILES. navigatemap.ui and navigatemap_800_480.ui

edit file: navigatemap.ui

THIS WILL STOP IT FROM SWITCHING BACK TO THE NEXT STREET. YOU CAN STILL SWITCH IT BACK BY PRESSING THE STREET NAME. IT WILL KEEP THE CURRENT STREET DISPLAY ALL THE TIME AFTER YOU TAP IT. WHILE ROUTING YOU CAN SWITCH BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE CURRENT AND NEXT STREET. THE CURRENT STREET WILL BE AN OFF WHITE COLOR AND THE NEXT STREET WILL BE WHITE.

BEFORE:
<script sc_ChangeStreet>
ui_txt_next_street.isvisible vTmp
runif vTmp 1 'ui_txt_next_street.hide, ui_txt_Current_street.show'
else_run 'ui_txt_next_street.show, ui_txt_Current_street.hide'
200 ui_txt_next_street.show
200 ui_txt_Current_street.hide
</script>

AFTER:
<script sc_ChangeStreet>
ui_txt_next_street.isvisible vTmp
runif vTmp 1 'ui_txt_next_street.hide, ui_txt_Current_street.show'
else_run 'ui_txt_next_street.show, ui_txt_Current_street.hide'
;SPECTER MOD - DISPLAY CURRENT STREET IN COCKPIT (COMMENTED OUT NEXT 2 LINES)
; 200 ui_txt_next_street.show
; 200 ui_txt_Current_street.hide
</script>

EDIT FILE: navigatemap_800_480.ui

IF YOURS LOOKS A LITTLE DIFFERENT, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. MINE TEXT HAS A BLACK BORDER AROUND IT. THIS WILL CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE CURRENT STREET TO AN OFF WHITE, AND NEXT STREET WILL BE WHITE. THAT WAY YOU KNOW WHICH STREET IS DISPLAYING.

BEFORE:
<layer ui_txt_Current_street z=110>
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=164 y=12 z=10 w=470 fontsize=37 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 align="Center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street">
</layer>

AFTER:
<layer ui_txt_Current_street z=110>
;SPECTER MOD - DISPLAY CURRENT STREET IN COCKPIT
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=164 y=12 z=10 w=470 fontsize=37 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FEF1B5 color2=#000000 color3=#000000 align="Center" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street">
</layer>

Edited by - specter on 08 mai 2008 20:36:47
Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  20:46:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter, I just did the mod and the top banner is the same color ?

As I scroll the wheel from 3D to 2D it changes to grey bar on the top ?

Thanks again.

Edited by - MTurbo on 08 mai 2008 20:47:40
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  20:53:44  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MTurbo

specter, I just did the mod and the top banner is the same color ?

As I scroll the wheel from 3D to 2D it changes to grey bar on the top ?

Thanks again.

The mod won't change the color, but will make the grey bar on top permanent. otherwise it will dissapear when you don't have a route. That blue color is the sky behind the grey bar. The bar is also wider, so it looks better on when used with the transparent cockpit mod.

Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 08 mai 2008 :  22:57:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JohnCougar, MTurbo: I would like to make Highways/Motorways the same colour as major street (in the latest JohnCougar scheme look like shade of yellow/orange). Which values cC, dD, eE, fF, gG, hH or iI corresponds to major streets? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  00:04:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
raven2000, john is more the pro at this but I will explain what I know.

a = "0_int", 0, 30, 200 This is main highway road color
A = "0_ext", 0, 50, 255 This is main highway road color

b = "1_int", 0, 30, 200 This is main highway road color
B = "1_ext", 0, 50, 255 This is main highway road color

c = "2_int", 110, 200, 245 This is regional road color
C = "2_ext", 110, 240, 245 This is regional road color

If you use the 2d display you will also have to adjust the day2dcolor.ini file also.

On my setup I wanted the main highway and regional highway similar(lighter) in color.

The numbers are RGB with 255 being max.

Good luck.

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  00:37:29  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote

working on a new mod. I am working to modify the large direction icon that is in the top left corner. I want to make it optional. Click on it and it disappears...click where it used to be and it comes back. In the EFM mod in the screen shot I added the small direction icon and the distance to the top of the screen. would anyone be interested in this mod?

Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  00:44:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter, Im interested as I think the current size icon is too big and would have liked it reduced.

I will take on order one specter turn icon mod please.

Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  02:20:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specter - I would be interested as well :)

JohnCougar - Can you explain what values cC, dD, eE, fF, gG, hH or iI correspond to? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  02:34:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Never mind I found http://blogger.xs4all.nl/rubenb/articles/185421.aspx which explains what various values mean.
Go to Top of Page

leoj

19 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  05:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specter,
The mod with turn arrow and distance at the top looks very clean and I would be interested in using this. The distance appears to be "to destination" as shown in the screen shot, have you considered making it "distance to turn" or have I misread this?
The screen mods created in this forum really make a difference using this device, thank you all for the effort.
Go to Top of Page

typo

2 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  05:59:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
with the transparent mod - is it just me (no comments...), but in 3D mode, when I tap the screen to bring up the onscreen buttons, the buttons to change the angle of view don't really change much like it does when I use the original files
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  12:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cam someone please explain how to rise the space limit in the CECMD folder

and disable the deleting of my stuff after every reset
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  13:28:59  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

cam someone please explain how to rise the space limit in the CECMD folder

no idea what you are talking about

quote:
and disable the deleting of my stuff after every reset

not possible. Use file based registry and Mortscript to restore files and settings.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  16:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I returned my Ipaq 310 back in January. I have been watching this forum and based on the improvements by HP but especially the customization work discussed here, I ordered a new 310.

I have not modified the application before but would love to include the improvements shown here. Is there something like a list of instructions to include the latest changes or could you point me to the best replys to start or should I go through all the postings?

thanks
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  19:03:35  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leoj

Specter,
The mod with turn arrow and distance at the top looks very clean and I would be interested in using this. The distance appears to be "to destination" as shown in the screen shot, have you considered making it "distance to turn" or have I misread this?
The screen mods created in this forum really make a difference using this device, thank you all for the effort.

That was my mistake. I was showing the distance to maneuver in both places. The one by the arrow was correct, i had to set the other one back to the distance to destination.

Some time this weekend I am going to put together a post with all the upgrades, so it is in all one place and a little better organized.

I have the bigicon removal mod working now. when you touch the turn icon it will disappear. It will reappear when you touch the map and make any adjustments or go to the menu. It is a very simple mod actually. post that and the other stuff later.

Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  19:22:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Raven2000, sorry, I didn't read your comments until this morning. I see you already have resolution...

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  20:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I read this thread after a long time, and I am speechless ! Kudos to you all..

all I know have to do is find out how to do following :

1. Make the font on top smaller to read more characters for Next Turn
2. Add the current road name at the bottom
3. Add house numbers on the bottom, and maybe take the time to arrive / distance etc to the left.

Does anyone have a data.zip filefor 310 ? Will data.zip for 314 work for 310 ?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 09 mai 2008 :  23:29:56  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k000

I read this thread after a long time, and I am speechless ! Kudos to you all..

all I know have to do is find out how to do following :

1. Make the font on top smaller to read more characters for Next Turn
2. Add the current road name at the bottom
3. Add house numbers on the bottom, and maybe take the time to arrive / distance etc to the left.

Does anyone have a data.zip filefor 310 ? Will data.zip for 314 work for 310 ?

you can start at page 51 and read forward to get all those mods. it's best not to replace your entire file but to cut and paste the new parts into your files. There are differences on peoples ipaqs that can cause it to crash if you just replace the files.

this weekend I am going to work on organizing and documenting most of the mods. I have some new changes I made too.

it sounds like from the list of changes you want, it is the EFM (Enhanced Fullscreen Mod, by Roeka and modified by specter)

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  04:41:18  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have started work on the web site. Right now it only has detail for one of the mods.

http://www.ebay-pictures.com/gps/

i will finish the other mods soon.

Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  08:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter:- Good work on describing mods it means there will be less questions cluttering the thread :)
Go to Top of Page

redeyes717

Italy
26 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  09:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@specter

ok man, you're an award winning!

I've just checked @ your website guide for all of the mods...

you win a free dinner in Rome :-)))

Red!

Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  12:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter. amazing work! I get my 310 next week and am anxious to try these out. Thanks a lot
Go to Top of Page

accept97

10 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  17:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, here 2 more mods that might make your navigation easier:
1. Adds Quick menu button
2. Adds Route info button

Add these lines:
<SLIDER quick_2d x=195 y=330 z=20 bmp="quickmenu.bmp" value="|DAY||NIGHT||AUTO" var=vMapColors onselect='run sc_JWQuickMenu_OnMap' alpha=40>

<SLIDER road_2d x=535 y=330 z=20 bmp="road.bmp" value="|DAY||NIGHT||AUTO" var=vMapColors onselect='run sc_QM_Route_Info' alpha=40 >

in "navigatemap_800_480.ui" file in

<layer ui_NavigateMapZoomControls3D z=5000> and <layer ui_NavigateMapZoomControls2D z=50> layers

Plus 2 bmp images need to be put in ui_in hp_sagan, COMMON folder

http://rapidshare.com/files/113928101/quickmenu.rar

Edited by - accept97 on 10 mai 2008 17:27:48
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  18:23:06  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GREAT MOD ACCEPT97.

The quick menu will switch from full screen mode to cockpit when you engage it unless you comment out one line. After you comment out the line in jogwheel.ui, it will work in full screen mode and cockpit mode.

in jogwheel.ui look for <script sc_JWQuickMenu_OnMap> and comment out one line:

BEFORE:
runif vFooterShow 0 'run sc_Original_MapSize'

AFTER:
;runif vFooterShow 0 'run sc_Original_MapSize'

Edited by - specter on 10 mai 2008 18:23:33
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  20:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea of a website Specter...

Question : With EFM (Enhanced Fullscreen Mod, by Roeka and modified by specter), where do yoiu change the volume and brightness from ?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 10 mai 2008 :  20:48:02  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great idea of a website Specter...

Question : With EFM (Enhanced Fullscreen Mod, by Roeka and modified by specter), where do yoiu change the volume and brightness from ?

You can do it by pressing the jogwheel once for volume and again for brightness. It does however, switch you to cockpit mode immediately. I will have to fix that.

Edited by - specter on 11 mai 2008 21:15:13
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  01:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@specter - I would suggest writing full path for the files like hp_sagan.inietc on the tutorial page.. I am having hard time finding the file. (I have upgraded to the latest version of HP files via teh CM upgrade, not sure if that is the reason I can't find it yet :( )
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  02:43:39  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

@specter - I would suggest writing full path for the files like hp_sagan.inietc on the tutorial page.. I am having hard time finding the file. (I have upgraded to the latest version of HP files via teh CM upgrade, not sure if that is the reason I can't find it yet :( )

i updated the site and put the full path.

Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  04:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot... I just installed Vista and learning the minor 'enhancement stuff' :) like finding out why I can't search from Exlorer...

Might be a stupid question - when I edit the files, should I save them as ANSI or Unicode ?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  04:18:41  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
doesn't matter. Windows CE is Unicode by default.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  04:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks... I had issues restarting the iPaq after I tried... but then defaulted the 310 to factory settings (310 asked me as it crashed twice... lol0 andam good now... almost there.

@specter / others

1. Is it possible to get the Volume icon (which also changed brightness to lower left corner... I see a blank space before the Home icon. It's just handy if the volume and brightness sliders are via touch screen IMHO..

2. Is it possible to use (or are already using now... ?) all of thetop panel for showing the Next Street name... so that we don't have to reduce the txt size to 32 from 37 ?

3. I haven't taken the moded 310 out yet, but does EFM already reduce the size of the next turns text a bit ? or do I have to drop it to 32 ?

Edit : NM - I see that the text is already reduced... so won't drop to 32 yet from 37 I see in code.

Edited by - k000 on 12 mai 2008 05:23:53
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  05:01:36  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks... I had issues restarting the iPaq after I tried... but then defaulted the 310 to factory settings (310 asked me as it crashed twice... lol0 andam good now... almost there.

@specter - Is it possible to get the Volume icon (which also changed brightness to lower left corner... I see a blank space before the Home icon. It's just handy if the volume and brightness sliders are via touch screen IMHO..

I agree, it is handy. I will work on adding it to the upper right corner of the full screen. it is pretty out of the way up there.

Go to Top of Page

krzysiek033

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  05:27:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this possible to connect USB flash drive via MiniUSB port in the unit and use WinCE to manage it?
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  05:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@accept97 - I think the two bmps need to be added to 800_480 not COMMON, noit having in 800_480 crashed the s/w.

Thanks...
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  05:49:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@krzysiek033 - No it is not possible.
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  10:55:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can some please give screenrotate that works for ipaq 310?
i already searched in google please someone help....

BTW can i run igo 2006 on this ipaq?

Edited by - phoenix9 on 12 mai 2008 10:58:12
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  14:01:58  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@phoenix9: The 310 has a Centrality chipset. You will need to read up on how screen rotation is done in that chipset. The Intel based programs for screen rotation obviously will not work.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  14:08:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there is any other programs that not based on intel chipset?

and what about the igo 2006 can i run it?

my country is out from USA can i install any other gps program that support my country and it will work?

one more thing...

my storage manager shows 3 partitions, 2 partitions had 5 megabytes (something like that) anf the other including the rest of the space

there is any way to increament the size of the 5 megabytes pratition without formating?

i just need to copy files to my windows ce dierectories and there is no space... i need to copy fonts and dlls and i cant copy this files into the dierectories becouse no space

anyone have an idea?

TIA

Edited by - phoenix9 on 12 mai 2008 14:48:49
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  14:55:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working very well with the EMF + Roeka + quickMenu mods... however, I got 'Not enough memory' when I tried to navigate to a POI this morning... was in a hurry to catch morning NJTransit train to NY and did not try again. Will try again tonight.

Lovely work Specter, jyqureshi & Co. :) 310 is now what it should have always been :)

I have two more questions, probably for Specter as he has done an excellant job compiling the mods on one site.

1. How do we get the Current time on the left panel that you have created ?
2. Is it possible to see the speed as well on the mod with house numbers and current street at the bottom ?

I am loving the 310 now (even though it has funky routing couple times on my route ;)

Edited by - k000 on 12 mai 2008 16:01:13
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  16:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@k000

I had the same problem on my recent trip to NJ/NY, was trying to search for "White Castle burgers" and the navigator crashed saying "Out of memory". I'm not sure if this is what you encountered.

It was before HP increased the bandwidth, so my NJ/NY POI database was not updated at that time.
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  16:42:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@jyqureshi - Hmmmm, I have fully updated the 310, maybe I will try to force update all POIs again... Incidentally I am in NJ, and the POI was NJ POI. Could it be that there is an issue wth NJ POI database ?

have you tried again to to just add the White castle after you updated the 310 ?

Edited by - k000 on 12 mai 2008 16:44:19
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  17:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@k000

No, I didn't try to add White Castle after the full update.
I think the way it searches is not optimized, its probably a bug. HP's POI database is HUGE!
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  18:02:45  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Added speed and GPS time to the lower right corner.

here are the changes:

in navagatemap_800_480.ui in "<layer ui_fmap z=100>"

If you have already done the EFM mod, you can replate the entire function with this:

;****************************EFM MOD CODE START (SPECTER VERSION)************************************
<layer ui_fmap z=100>
;--Speed
<TEXT txt_Current_speed template=xtxt x=640 y=375 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
<TEXT txt_Current_speedunit template=xtxt x=720 y=375 z=10 w=80 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
;--Elevation
;<TEXT xxx x=690 y=440 w=120 z=10 L2R=1 align="LEFT" text="0" FONTTYPE=font_speedlimit_below font="FtraBd__" fontsize=28 color=#0000CC textmodel_wstr="gps.elevation" visiblemodel="gps.elevation.valid">
;--GPS Time
<TEXT sprNMICurrentGpsTime template=xtxt x=640 y=340 z=10 w=137 align="LEFT" textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="gps.current_time.valid" dayperiod=1 fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
;******* Distance to Destination
<TEXT sprNMIETAatDestinationNumber template=xtxt x=5 y=340 z=15 w=85 align="LEFT" textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
;******* Units for Distance (Mi or Km)
<TEXT sprNMIETAatDestinationUnit template=xtxt x=120 y=350 z=15 w=80 align="LEFT" textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_destination.unit_text" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" fontsize=18 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
;******* Time to Destination
<TEXT sprNMITimeToDestination template=xtxt x=5 y=305 z=10 w=137 align="LEFT" textmodel_timespan="navigation.time_to_destination" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
;******* ETA Estimated Time of Arrival
<TEXT sprNMIETAatDestination template=xtxt x=5 y=375 z=10 w=137 align="LEFT" textmodel_time="navigation.eta_at_destination" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" dayperiod=1 fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>
;****** Main menu button
<BUTTON btn_GoToMenu x=10 y=410 z=101 bmp="hp_btn_maptomenu.bmp#2" onRelease='EMPTYSTATEQUEUE, STATE st_AdvMenu'>
;******* Goto menu button
<BUTTON btn_PointOnMap_car x=110 y=410 z=12 bmp="hp_btn_point_car.bmp#2" onRelease='EMPTYSTATEQUEUE, STATE st_AdvMenu, NEXTSTATE st_GoToMenu'>
;******* MiniGPS button
<SPRITE xxx x=190 y=410 z=50 bmp="hp_status_minigps_onmap.spr" phasemodel="other.hp.signal_phase_0to5">
<BUTTON xxx x=240 y=410 z=51 bmp="hp_status_minigps_onmap_button.bmp" onRelease='run sc_btnASM_GPS_OnRelease'>
;******* Current street Including House Numbers
;x=x position, y=y position, w=width of name field
<TEXT sprNMICurrentStreetName template=xtxt x=370 y=438 z=10 w=370 align="CENTER" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_street">
<TEXT sprNMIActualHouseNum1 template=xtxt x=740 y=438 w=60 align="CENTER" fontsize=30 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="map.cursorpos.lefthousenumber">
<TEXT sprNMIActualHouseNum2 template=xtxt x=310 y=438 w=60 align="CENTER" fontsize=30 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="map.cursorpos.righthousenumber">
;******* Next street
<TEXT sprNMINextStreetName template=xtxt x=200 y=2 z=10 w=600 align="CENTER" fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.next_street">
;******* DIRECTION ICON & Distance to Turn
<SPRITE xxx bmp="$diriconbig_HP_stripe_55px.spr" x=10 y=9 z=10 phasemodel="navigation.direction_id" visiblemodel="navigation.direction_id.valid">
<TEXT xxx template=xtxt x=35 y=20 z=10 w=133 fontsize=37 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 align="RIGHT" textmodel_wstr="navigation.distance_to_manuver.full_text" visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid">
;******* GREY SQUARE FOR TIME, ETA...
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=300 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=320 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=340 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=360 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG5 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=380 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG6 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=400 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
;******* GREY SQUARE FOR TIME & SPEED
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG7 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=635 y=340 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG8 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=635 y=360 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG9 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=635 y=380 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG10 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=635 y=400 z=0>
</layer>
;*****************************EFM MOD CODE END (SPECTER VERSION)*************************************

Edited by - specter on 12 mai 2008 21:52:23
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  18:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job specter.

A question, I know color2 puts an outline to a text, what does "Color3" do?
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  18:26:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@specter - perfect.. it is now my 'ideal' UI (only missing thing is Vol/brightness icon)
Go to Top of Page

Ubu777

2 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  18:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@everyone
Great job with all the updates and improvements.

@specter
Thanks for trying to consolidate all this info on your website. I know it’s a work in progress but I thought I would make you aware that your link to the “blackstripe.bmp” in the EFM mod doesn’t work. You also mention editing the “hp_sagon.ini” file but neglect to give a full path to it.
Your “UPDATED EMF MOD” instructions on page 59 has a typo.
The file “/ui_hp_sagan/800_480/navigatemap_800_480.ui” does not exist. It should be
“/ui_hp_sagan/800_480/ui/navigatemap_800_480.ui”

I’m not trying to be picky, just though you might want to know so corrections can be made.

Again, great job to everyone. You have made this a truly functional unit (HP should be paying you all).
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  19:10:25  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ubu777

@everyone
Great job with all the updates and improvements.

@specter
Thanks for trying to consolidate all this info on your website. I know it’s a work in progress but I thought I would make you aware that your link to the “blackstripe.bmp” in the EFM mod doesn’t work. You also mention editing the “hp_sagon.ini” file but neglect to give a full path to it.
Your “UPDATED EMF MOD” instructions on page 59 has a typo.
The file “/ui_hp_sagan/800_480/navigatemap_800_480.ui” does not exist. It should be
“/ui_hp_sagan/800_480/ui/navigatemap_800_480.ui”

I’m not trying to be picky, just though you might want to know so corrections can be made.

Again, great job to everyone. You have made this a truly functional unit (HP should be paying you all).

Thanks for letting me know about the typos. It can cause someone a lot of grief and confusion when they are trying to mod their GPS.

Try the blackstripe.bmp again. you have to right click it and do a save as. if you click on it, it will not display. HP is using some weird format that won't display in windows but does work on the GPS.

The next mod will be the Volume/brightness icon.

Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  20:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter, just did the last mod that you updated. Thanks again.

Did you manage to reduce the big turn icon and have it just display on the top bar.

The way that you guys are so talented with the mods, maybe HP might be implementing a few of them.

Edited by - MTurbo on 12 mai 2008 20:40:18
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  21:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if my country is not in usa i can install other gps prgram that support my country and ipaq 310 will work?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  21:53:46  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just fixed one small issue with the time and speed. the grey box was disappearing if you didn't have a route. that is fixed in the post above.
The new grey square code below doesn't check to see if a route is active.

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  21:55:24  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

specter, just did the last mod that you updated. Thanks again.

Did you manage to reduce the big turn icon and have it just display on the top bar.

The way that you guys are so talented with the mods, maybe HP might be implementing a few of them.

COuldn't reduce it, but you can turn it off. MOD3 on my website: http://www.ebay-pictures.com/gps/

Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  22:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter thanks just did the mod3 :)

For the grey box fix after I replace with this

Do I leave the </layer> as is or delete it?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  22:39:42  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

specter thanks just did the mod3 :)

For the grey box fix after I replace with this

Do I leave the </layer> as is or delete it?

Thanks

Leave it as it is.

Go to Top of Page

accept97

10 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  22:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, looking good...but, has anyone figured out how to enable the Warnings?

PS simple MOD: enabling “EASY” Route Calculation Method
Add “Easy|SIMPLE” in the “Setting_800_480_ui” file in this line:

<SLIDER xxx template=xsld_275 x=35 y=163 z=1 value="Fastest|FAST|Shortest|SHORT|Economic|ECO|Easy|SIMPLE" var=vRouteType>

This will ” Results in a route with fewer turns. With this option, you can make Nav.
to take, for example, the motorway instead of series of
smaller roads or streets.”
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  22:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I plug my 310 into my USB on my PC, I don't see the 310 as a drive on my PC so I can see/copy the Data.zip. I must me missing something simple?
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  23:24:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpsuser

You need to go in Control Panel, launch "USB Client Switch" and set it to "Mass_Storage_Device".
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  23:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 12 mai 2008 :  23:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spoke too soon. jyqureshi, are you refering to my pc control panel? I can't seem to find "USB Client Switch" on XP or is it in the Ipaq 310?
Go to Top of Page

phoenix9

13 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  00:04:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
please someone help i must make my ipaq 310 portrait....
Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  00:08:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter what line would I delete if I wanted to remove the last mod of mph and current time.

I deleted this but all it did was remove the grey transparent background and left the text in white:

I just realise for a full screen mod there is too much clutter on the screen.

I notice when I tap the turn icon to remove from thbe main display it comes back and I have to tap twice. Guess I can live with this.
Thanks

Edited by - MTurbo on 13 mai 2008 00:10:06
Go to Top of Page

JohnCougar

172 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  00:08:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To all the folks doing mods on the Ipaq... OUTSTANDING JOB! This device has, in 6 months, gone from being a middle of the road device to TOP NOTCH! There a still a few bugs, but what device doesn't have bugs? I can't figure out why the device doesn't re-establish itself to the proper GPS settings once you exit a roundabout. Something funny is going on there. It didn't do that with the previous upgrade, but it also didn't zoom out in roundabouts (like it does now) either.

Specter, I'm wondering if you could help me. I would like to see the 'stop' (greyed out) button on the EFM screen when doing a simulation or flyover. Right now, I have to back out the cockpit screen to stop a simulation. Is this possible? Thanks!

IGO8... IS GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  00:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some reason after update iPAQ 312 now reads Highway number rather then name. For example, instead of saying 'Robert Rd' it will say 'X31'. This is quite annoying. Does anyone know a way to force the device to read Highway name?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  01:22:04  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpsuser

When I plug my 310 into my USB on my PC, I don't see the 310 as a drive on my PC so I can see/copy the Data.zip. I must me missing something simple?

try resetting your GPS. Maybe even reset your computer. Also try plugging your USB cable into a port on the back of your computer, that is attached to the motherboard. The front ports can sometimes have issues.

Changing it to mass storage is a setting on your GPS. it should be set that way from default already.

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  01:24:06  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

specter what line would I delete if I wanted to remove the last mod of mph and current time.

I deleted this but all it did was remove the grey transparent background and left the text in white:

I just realise for a full screen mod there is too much clutter on the screen.

I notice when I tap the turn icon to remove from thbe main display it comes back and I have to tap twice. Guess I can live with this.
Thanks

check the start of the ui_fmap function. comment out the speed and time text.

BEFORE:

<layer ui_fmap z=100>
    ;--Speed
    <TEXT txt_Current_speed  template=xtxt x=640  y=375 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT"   fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
    <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit  template=xtxt x=720 y=375 z=10 w=80 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text"   visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
    ;--Elevation
    ;<TEXT xxx x=690 y=440 w=120 z=10 L2R=1 align="LEFT" text="0" FONTTYPE=font_speedlimit_below font="FtraBd__"  fontsize=28 color=#0000CC textmodel_wstr="gps.elevation" visiblemodel="gps.elevation.valid">
    ;--GPS Time
    <TEXT sprNMICurrentGpsTime template=xtxt x=640 y=340   z=10 w=137 align="LEFT" textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="gps.current_time.valid" dayperiod=1 fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>

AFTER:

<layer ui_fmap z=100>
    ;--Speed
;    <TEXT txt_Current_speed  template=xtxt x=640  y=375 z=10 w=60 font="FtraBd__" align="RIGHT"   fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.number_text" visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
;    <TEXT txt_Current_speedunit  template=xtxt x=720 y=375 z=10 w=80 font="FtraBd__" align="LEFT" fontsize=32 glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000 textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.unit_text"   visiblemodel="navigation.current_speed.valid">
    ;--Elevation
    ;<TEXT xxx x=690 y=440 w=120 z=10 L2R=1 align="LEFT" text="0" FONTTYPE=font_speedlimit_below font="FtraBd__"  fontsize=28 color=#0000CC textmodel_wstr="gps.elevation" visiblemodel="gps.elevation.valid">
    ;--GPS Time
;    <TEXT sprNMICurrentGpsTime template=xtxt x=640 y=340   z=10 w=137 align="LEFT" textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.timeformat" visiblemodel="gps.current_time.valid" dayperiod=1 fontsize=32 font="FtraBd__" glowsize=1 color=#FFFFFF color2=#000000 color3=#000000>

Edited by - specter on 16 mai 2008 08:45:19
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  02:02:14  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

please someone help i must make my ipaq 310 portrait....

no you mustn't. Buy a Pocket PC if you want Pocket PC features.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  03:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@gpsuser

on your ipaq, you'll find info on how to get to your ipaq's control panel in this forum if you already don't know :)
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  04:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter - I know you said you are going to fix it - did you get a chance to see is you could permanently disappear the large turnicon ? Right now it comes back afetr the next turn... I could completely get rid of it and use that space for one of your upcoming mods ;)
Go to Top of Page

redeyes717

Italy
26 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  09:09:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Specter

I've just figured out that in IPAQ314 (european version) there's no:

"run sc_SetAvoidButtonText" within FILE: ui_hpi_sagan/common/ui/navigatemap.ui

; adding this command from your mod gives rise to an error and corrupted mod as soon as the map button is pressed in main view.

For IPAQ314 users: just remove this line to get the FULL SCREEN VIEW as default.

Red.

Edited by - redeyes717 on 13 mai 2008 10:37:52
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  17:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by specter

Roeka,
YOU ARE THE MAN! adding visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" after the z worked. I got that grey bmp and the black around the white text from the beta version of navngo 8. I just cut and pasted parts from the data.zip file. Oh, and navngo 8 will run on the HP 310. The only problem is that it will only support up to 640x480. It runs in a small window instead of full screen, but at least it runs.

I updated rar file you can download to have the "navigation.eta_at_destination.valid".

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.ebay-pictures.com/efm_specter_version.rar

If anyone wants to update their EFM (specter mod). here are the changes (thanks to Roeka).

BEFORE:
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=195 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=215 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=235 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=255 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG5 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=275 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG6 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=295 z=0>

AFTER:
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=195 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=215 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=235 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=255 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG5 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=275 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG6 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=295 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">

This will remove the grey square area on the left side of the screen until there is text to display.

@ Specter:
Why ipaq does not go up 640x480? 400x200 with vga=1?

Edited by - grandous on 14 mai 2008 07:47:22
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 13 mai 2008 :  20:06:37  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

specter - I know you said you are going to fix it - did you get a chance to see is you could permanently disappear the large turnicon ? Right now it comes back afetr the next turn... I could completely get rid of it and use that space for one of your upcoming mods ;)

in navigatemap_800_480.ui
TRY THIS: put a semicolon in front of these lines.

<layer ui_Cockpit z=10000>
;SPECTER MOD - HIDE THE BIG ICON
; <BUTTON xxx bmp="hp_cockpit_bg.bmp" x=0 y=76 z=1 onrelease='ui_Cockpit.hide' visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">

; <BUTTON xxx bmp="hp_cockpit_bg.bmp" x=0 y=76 z=1 onrelease='run sc_MapClicked' visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">
; <SPRITE xxx bmp="$hp_diriconbig_cockpit.spr" x=6 y=82 z=10 phasemodel="navigation.direction_id" visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">

Edited by - specter on 13 mai 2008 20:07:15
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  00:46:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have successfully updated my 310 with Mod 2. It is a huge improvement! Thank you very much to Roeka, Specter, jyqureshi and others. Great work!

I do have one issue that I am wondering if it relates to the blackstipe.bmp. I have the grey, translucent bar on the top and bottom but there is a ½ inch gap in the center of both strips where the background shows through like the main screen. Did I miss a step or maybe it is the blackstipe.bmp?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  02:24:15  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have successfully updated my 310 with Mod 2. It is a huge improvement! Thank you very much to Roeka, Specter, jyqureshi and others. Great work!

I do have one issue that I am wondering if it relates to the blackstipe.bmp. I have the grey, translucent bar on the top and bottom but there is a ½ inch gap in the center of both strips where the background shows through like the main screen. Did I miss a step or maybe it is the blackstipe.bmp?

Try downloading the blackstripe.bmp again and replace the one you have and let me know if that fixes it. I don't think you did anything wrong. sounds like the file. When you go to the MOD2 page, hit refresh on your browser so it will download the latest file. I want to be sure it doesn't save a picture from your browser cache.

Edited by - specter on 14 mai 2008 02:26:38
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  02:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter. I followed your instructions but I get an icon with small x that I am unable to save as ... ( I know I can not view it). How do I save it? thanks
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  03:38:47  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

specter. I followed your instructions but I get an icon with small x that I am unable to save as ... ( I know I can not view it). How do I save it? thanks

do the SAVE AS on the link. don't left click on the link, you have to right click it.

Go to Top of Page

hank1

3 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  05:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specter,
Thank you for your latest mod. I have a issue with the top gray bar. It does not look like the picture you have posted. The size is approximately 3/4
compared to yours. I did everything according to your instruction in Mod 2, I hope. Is there any way to increase it.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  07:06:12  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hank1

Specter,
Thank you for your latest mod. I have a issue with the top gray bar. It does not look like the picture you have posted. The size is approximately 3/4
compared to yours. I did everything according to your instruction in Mod 2, I hope. Is there any way to increase it.
Thanks

It was the blackstripe.bmp file. Just go back to the site and download it again. then put the new blackstripe.bmp in your data.zip file, replacing the other one. sorry about that.

Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  13:38:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specter,
I have downloaded the blackstripe.bmp again and copied it to the 800_480 directory but continue to have the same problem, where there is a gap in the grey top and bottom stripes. All other features seem to work.
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  16:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specter, A friend suggested maybe the stripe on the top and bottom of the screen is blackstipe.bmp displayed 5 times horizontally and the center component is not being displayed. Is blackstipe one object that fits across the top and bottom of the screen or is it assembled from 5 objects with equal width.
Go to Top of Page

k000

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  16:29:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Specter - the big turn sign is gone, but the distance to next turm is still there... so I see two distances one with the top left small turn sign, and another one orphaned fron the big turn sign.

quote:

quote:

in navigatemap_800_480.ui
TRY THIS: put a semicolon in front of these lines.

<layer ui_Cockpit z=10000>
;SPECTER MOD - HIDE THE BIG ICON
; <BUTTON xxx bmp="hp_cockpit_bg.bmp" x=0 y=76 z=1 onrelease='ui_Cockpit.hide' visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">

; <BUTTON xxx bmp="hp_cockpit_bg.bmp" x=0 y=76 z=1 onrelease='run sc_MapClicked' visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">
; <SPRITE xxx bmp="$hp_diriconbig_cockpit.spr" x=6 y=82 z=10 phasemodel="navigation.direction_id" visiblemodel="navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid&navigation.direction_id.valid">

Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  17:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is an enhancement I did for my convenience. First of all, I must say even though Roeka, Specter, jyqureshi and Co. mods are awesome, I gave up to use them - never had them work as suppose - got lost in xml, trying to hybrid both. My little enhancement switches from "original size map" (with blue bars) to "full size map" automatically after several seconds delay and get back to original size after you tap a screen. It requires changes in one file - ui_hp_sagan\common\ui\navigatemap.ui .
My changes are embraced in ;OLEG.. ;. If you see "......" it means I just skipped the rest of the script to save space. Do not just Copy and Paste code below to your file. You will need to go through your navigatemap.ui, look for needed scripts and apply my changes thoughtfully.
These changes were made to the original navigatemap.ui.
As usual, I do not provide any warranty on these changes and please make a backup copy before applying them. Amen.

<script done>
term sc_HideViewControls_delay
;OLEG
term sc_ShowFullMap_delay
;
</script>

<script sc_MapClicked>
run sc_tmc_announce_done
ui_NavigateMapZoomControls2D.isvisible vtmp
runif vtmp 1 'vShowCursor.set 1, map.showcursor 1, run sc_followoff'
ui_NavigateMapZoomControls3D.isvisible vtmp
runif vtmp 1 'vShowCursor.set 1, map.showcursor 1, run sc_followoff'
runif vMapMode L"3D" sc_ShowViewControls3D
else_runif vMapMode L"2D" sc_ShowViewControls2D
run sc_HideViewControls_delay_restart
map.ONMAPCLICK sc_MapClicked 2
;OLEG
runif vFooterShow 0 'run sc_Original_MapSize'
;
</script>
<script sc_MapClicked_mapgrabd>
run sc_tmc_announce_done
map.ONMAPCLICK sc_MapClicked 2
runif vMapMode L"3D" 'ui_NavigateMapZoomControls3D.show'
else_runif vMapMode L"2D" 'ui_NavigateMapZoomControls2D.show'
ui_cockpit.hide
run sc_HideViewControls_delay_restart
;OLEG
run sc_ShowFullMap_delay_restart
;
1 map.showcursor 0
</script>

add 2 new scripts

;OLEG - 550 prefix- I think it is delay in milliseconds to switch to full screen, but probably because of other
;delays real time delay is about 10 sec in my case
<script sc_ShowFullMap_delay>
550 run sc_Full_MapSize
</script>

<script sc_ShowFullMap_delay_restart>
term sc_ShowFullMap_delay
1 run sc_ShowFullMap_delay
</script>
;

changes are at the very end of sc_Original_MapSize script:

<script sc_Original_MapSize>
;OLEG
run sc_ShowFullMap_delay_restart
;
</script>

iPAQ 310

Edited by - Olegus on 14 mai 2008 17:15:44
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  17:20:13  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@GPSUSER

That stripe is only 480 pixels wide by 20 pixels tall. That is why i had to use so many of them to make it work on a 800x480 screen. What happened, i think is that I copied the wrong blackstripe.bmp file to the server. Probably 360x20. could you try downloading the rar file below and extract the blackstrip.bmp out of it and try it. I copied this straight from my data.zip and tested it before hand. this should definitely fix it.

http://www.ebay-pictures.com/gps/images/blackstripe.rar

Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  17:22:46  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@grandous

What do you mean vga=1? where can you set that.

Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  17:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter. I do not have WinRAR which I assume I need to extract the blackstrip.bmp, is that right? Is it possible for you to extract and post somewhere? thanks
Go to Top of Page

redeyes717

Italy
26 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  18:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

specter. I do not have WinRAR which I assume I need to extract the blackstrip.bmp, is that right? Is it possible for you to extract and post somewhere? thanks

WinRar is almost free. So download it here

http://downloads.zdnet.com/abstract.aspx?docid=230353

Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  18:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately the problem is still there. The modifications are still very usable except the turn street words on the top and current street on the bottom are part on the desktop and part on the grey strip which makes it a little difficult to read. I don't see other problems except for the greystrip. Thanks for your suggestions
Go to Top of Page

gpsuser

57 Posts

Posted - 14 mai 2008 :  20:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Solved! a friend fixed it, not sure how quite yet but the Mod 2 changes are fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

hank1

3 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  06:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gpsuser,
It will be great help to list what your friend did to fix the grey bar. I had same problem.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

grandous

127 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  09:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

@grandous

I think after [INTERFACE] in sys.txt for the igo8 beta version perhaps it's ok for ipaq 310?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  18:48:32  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandous

quote:

@grandous

I think after [INTERFACE] in sys.txt for the igo8 beta version perhaps it's ok for ipaq 310?

You are right. you can get 640x480. On the PC version it supports 800x480 but the PDA version is stuck with 640x480. You can modify the scripts.ui and navigatemap_320_240.ui and get a nice 800x480 map but the menus are still 640x480. still quite usable.

Go to Top of Page

raking

5 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  20:32:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter, I met the same greyed out warning icon as you did.
Returned the unit to HP for repair, but the problem is still there with the returned unit.
Did you find out a way to fix it?
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 15 mai 2008 :  23:39:33  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raking

specter, I met the same greyed out warning icon as you did.
Returned the unit to HP for repair, but the problem is still there with the returned unit.
Did you find out a way to fix it?

I changed a couple of things to get it to work:

in common/ui/variable_def.ui MAINLY REMOVE THE PERMANENT
changed
<var vSpeedCam=0 permanent>
to:
<var vSpeedCam=1>

in common/ui/start.ui
changed
I dont have the original line, but it is line number 168 it is in the <state st_Start> function. If your line already looks like this you are OK.

to:
runif vPlatformID L"HP_iPAQ_310_Travel_Companion" sc_disable_speedwarning

Let me know if that works for you. I didn't write down the changes but feel about 95% sure that is everything.

Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  01:08:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Major breakthrough: Scheme/Colour Profile support
After a week of tinkering fun, experimentation and frustration I have finally managed to enable Scheme/Colour Profile support.

The changes
Note: It seems until March update is available and installed on iPAQ 314 this mod will not work on it.
Before I start a word of warning ensure you have backup of data.zip AND you have a method of booting into Windows CE. If an invalid scheme is selected the iPAQ 31x will not be able to run iGo software.

There are 2 files in data.zip that need to be modified; setting.ui in ui_hp_sagan/common/ui folder and setting_800_480.ui in ui_hp_sagan/800_480/ui folder.

At the top of setting.ui file there is <header> section. Paste the following line at the end of <header> section but before </header> tag.

<var bNightMode>

The following code needs to be placed in setting.ui file after st_SettingVisual3D section and before st_SettingVisualMap section.

;************ Start raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************
<state st_ColorProfiles>
    <uselayer ui_Header/>
    <uselayer ui_Background/>
	;<uselayer ui_Title/>
	<uselayer ui_Footer/>
	<uselayer ui_ColorProfiles/>

<script init>
        Title.SET "Color Profiles"

btnSVM_MapColor.TEXT vColorSchemeDayName
		    btnSVM_MapNightColor.TEXT vColorSchemeNightName

;Set slider state from night mode variables
        runif bAutoNightMode 1 'vMapColors.SET "AUTO"'
        else_runif bNightMode 1 'vMapColors.SET "NIGHT"'
        else_run 'vMapColors.SET "DAY"'
    </script>
</state>

<script sc_btnSVM_MapColor_OnRelease>
    vSelectColorProfileMode.SET 0
    NEXTSTATE st_SettingVisualMapColor
</script>

<script sc_btnSVM_MapNightColor_OnRelease>
    vSelectColorProfileMode.SET 1
    NEXTSTATE st_SettingVisualMapColor
</script>

<script sc_SetNightMode>
	runif vMapColors "AUTO" 'bAutoNightMode.SET 1'
	else_runif vMapColors "NIGHT" 'bAutoNightMode.SET 0, bNightMode.SET 1'
	else_run 'bAutoNightMode.SET 0, bNightMode.SET 0'
</script>

<script sc_SetToNightMode>
	;bAutoNightMode.SET 0
	bNightMode.SET 1
	statusDay.show
	statusAutoDN.hide
	statusNight.hide
</script>

<script sc_SetToDayMode>
	;bAutoNightMode.SET 0
	bNightMode.SET 0
	statusAutoDN.hide
	statusNight.show
	statusDay.hide
</script>

;****************************************************************************************************************

<state st_SettingVisualMapColor>
	<uselayer ui_Header/>
    <uselayer ui_Background/>
	;<uselayer ui_Title/>
    <uselayer ui_Footer/>
	<uselayer ui_SettingVisualMapColor/>

<script init>
	    RUNIF     vSelectColorProfileMode 0 'title.text "Day Colour Profile"'
	    ELSE_RUNIF vSelectColorProfileMode 1 'title.text "Night Colour Profile"'

lstSVM_Profiles.SETCONTROLS "btnSVM_ProfilesNextPage" "btnSVM_ProfilesPrevPage"
	    ATTACHCOLORPROFILEMODEL lstSVM_Profiles vSelectColorProfileMode

runif vSelectColorProfileMode 0 'lstSVM_Profiles.SETSELECTION vColorSchemeDayName'
	    runif vSelectColorProfileMode 1 'lstSVM_Profiles.SETSELECTION vColorSchemeNightName'
	    lstSVM_Profiles.GETNTEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx
	</script>
</state>

<script sc_lstSVM_Profiles_OnItemSelected>
	runif vSelectColorProfileMode 0 'SETCOLORPROFILE lstSVM_Profiles 0 "vColorSchemeDayName"'
	runif vSelectColorProfileMode 1 'SETCOLORPROFILE lstSVM_Profiles 0 "vColorSchemeNightName"'
	PREVSTATE
</script>

;************ End raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************

The following code needs to be placed in setting_800_480.ui file after ui_SettingVisualBackground section and before ui_SettingVisualMap section.

;************ Start raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************

<layer ui_ColorProfiles z=30>
	<SPRITE xxx x=15 y=84 z=0 bmp="hp_bubble_overview.bmp" z=0>

<TEXT		txt_NightMode  template=xsld_text x=220 y=114 w=340 text="Night Mode">
	<SLIDER	sld_NightMode  template=xsld_275 bmp="hp_slider_left_260.bmp#2"   bmp2="hp_slider_right_260.bmp#2" y=115  w=820 value="Off|0|On|1|Auto|2" var=vNightModeSetting onselect='run sc_SetNightModeSetting'>

<BUTTON btnSVM_MapColor 	template=xbtn template=btn206 x=290 y=205  text="" valign="bottom-7" align="RIGHT-5" onrelease='run sc_btnSVM_MapColor_OnRelease'>
	<TEXT   xxx             	template=btntext  x=300	y=210  text="Day Scheme:" watchstate=btnSVM_MapColor>

<BUTTON btnSVM_MapNightColor    template=xbtn template=btn206 x=290 y=290  text="" valign="bottom-7" align="RIGHT-5" onrelease='run sc_btnSVM_MapNightColor_OnRelease'>
	<TEXT  xxx             	template=btntext  x=300	y=295 text="Night Scheme:" watchstate=btnSVM_MapNightColor>
</layer>

;***************************************************************************************************************

<layer ui_SettingVisualMapColor z=35>
	<SPRITE xxx template=glist_empty z=0>
	<LISTTABLE lstSVM_Profiles       template=xlist y=20 onitemselected='run sc_lstSVM_Profiles_OnItemSelected'>
	<TEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx     template=pageindex>

<VSMARTSCROLL lstSVM_Profiles_smartscroll template=vscrollbar table="lstSVM_Profiles" hide SLIDER_ABOVE_FRAME_SIZETHUMB>
	<BUTTON btnSVM_ProfilesPrevPage  template=prevpage onrelease='lstSVM_Profiles.SETPREVIOUSPAGE, lstSVM_Profiles.GETNTEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx'>
	<BUTTON btnSVM_ProfilesNextPage  template=nextpage onrelease='lstSVM_Profiles.SETNEXTPAGE, lstSVM_Profiles.GETNTEXT txtSVM_ProfilesPageIdx'>
	<SPRITE xxx          template=scroll_bg>
</layer>

;************ End raven2000 changes to enable scheme support **************************************************

In setting_800_480.ui file there is a section ui_SettingVisualMap and toward the end of this section there are the following lines:

<TEXT     txt_NightMode  template=xsld_text x=310   y=322 w=402 text="Night Mode">
	<SLIDER   sld_NightMode  template=xsld_275 bmp="hp_slider_left_260.bmp#2"   bmp2="hp_slider_right_260.bmp#2" x=112 y=317  w=800 value="Off|0|On|1|Auto|2" var=vNightModeSetting onselect='run sc_SetNightModeSetting'>

replace these lines of code with the following:

<BUTTON btnMapScheme template=xbtn x=310 y=317 z=1  text="Scheme" template=btn206  onrelease='NEXTSTATE st_ColorProfiles'>
	;<TEXT     txt_NightMode  template=xsld_text x=310   y=322 w=402 text="Night Mode">
	;<SLIDER   sld_NightMode  template=xsld_275 bmp="hp_slider_left_260.bmp#2"   bmp2="hp_slider_right_260.bmp#2" x=112 y=317  w=800 value="Off|0|On|1|Auto|2" var=vNightModeSetting onselect='run sc_SetNightModeSetting'>

How do I select my scheme?
On your iPAQ create "scheme" folder under \IPAQ\NAV\content folder. Content folder also contains building, dem, voice, map, poi, etc folders. Place your schemes in this new scheme folder.

After you have made the changes and placed schemes in scheme folder run the iPAQ and click > Settings > Visual Settings > Map Settings. If you made changes correctly you should notice that next to POI Visibility button is a new button called Scheme (don't freak out Night Mode slider has not disappeared! I have just moved it to Scheme screen as it makes more sense to me and also this is the location in iGo 8). It may take couple of seconds for Scheme screen to be displayed. After it is displayed you will notice that there are 3 sliders; Night Mode; Day Colour Scheme; and Night Colour Scheme.

Night Mode is the same slider that used to be on Map Setting so there is no need explain what that is for. Day Colour Scheme and Night Colour Scheme are actually Listtables but they are displayed as sliders so after you choose the scheme you wish to change to you need to click on scheme name to confirm. If the scheme is loaded correctly then you will be taken to the previous screen i.e Map Settings. On the other hand, if the scheme is invalid then there will be unable to load error.

After you confirm your selection if you go to the map you should notice new map colours. Voila!

Where do I get schemes from?
Schemes will be posted at: http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=111701

Conclusion
With this mod everyone should be able to tinker with map colours whilst easily being able to switch default or some other scheme.

Edited by - raven2000 on 26 mai 2008 02:09:30
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  01:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why doesn't the forum code work?
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  02:07:26  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
works for me

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  02:19:19  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is your [\b]

should be you need to flip your \s.

by the way, GREAT MOD!

Edited by - specter on 16 mai 2008 02:28:53
Go to Top of Page

raven2000

72 Posts

Posted - 16 mai 2008 :  03:02:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks specter my slashes were incorrect. Re-edited my post and it looks much more cleaner and easier to read.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2015_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 8,23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05