Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2264

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

roeka

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  20:49:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@rolfz
Welcome to the forum. Great to have a few people from Switzerland around here. To your question: The mods by jyqureshi and me have a similar aim, i.e. to have the full map displayed and have functional information displayed as well. The strategy is somewhat different: The jyqureshi mod changes the normal "cockpit" view of the ipaq, by taking away the blue stripes on top and bottom and expanding the map to cover the whole screen. My mod leaves this cockpit view unchanged, therefore it is completely independent of jyqureshis mod and it should be possible to have both at the same time (although I have not tried yet). My mod affects the fullscreen mode which you enter by touching the screen and then touching the "expand" button. In this view originally only the turning instructions are displayed. My mod enriches this view, by defining a new layer (fmap) which can then be modified to display all kind of things in this fullscreen mode. The mod of specter for example has further modified the fmap layer with additional displays, and everybody can taylor this layer to his own needs. So to repeat, both mods are independent of each other and should not interfere with each other, provided that all changes are made correctly.

An important advice and word of caution to everybody making changes in Data.zip: It is good to first make a SD card which allows to boot the Ipaq independent of the Navigation program (e.g. with Total commander CECMD.exe, as desribed earlier in this thread on p.6). When there is a messup with the Nav program the Ipaq may not boot at all, and then cannot be synced to restore the original Data.zip. This can be solved by booting from SD-card and then sync to the PC and restore data.zip.

@specter
Very nice work. I didn't really try to figure out howe to get the transparent grey shading. This will be very useful in many situations, and I will try to use it for my display to replace the intransparent grey shading for arrival time and distance to destination. As for having it displayed only with the active route, why dont you try simply adding visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" behind the z-values of your grey square sprite-lines.
Go to Top of Page

preytor

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  21:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is what i am trying but so far unsuccessful. i have to do something and will try again later tonight.
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  22:16:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello all,

I have the "Error There are no languages installed" pb on my new ipaq 314.

Made a search (find some messages) but don't find the solution.

Have only played with oziexplorerce demo installed on \SDMMC (booting using CELauncher method).

Now when i reboot have the previous messages

Any help will be appreciate :-)

Thanks,

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

rolfz

Switzerland
3 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  23:22:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ROEKA

Have been very carefull whith changes so far, and stored data.zip between each change, so I can step back easly. Also big thanks to all others, gray lines work fine on my Ipaq 314, just trying to enable the other changes. Did you find out anything to enable speedcam ? works fine in Germany, but blocks when crossing border.

Thanks
Rolfz

Owner of Ipaq 314 since 2008, running OziExploere, Igo8 and BBO v 1.0
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 04 mai 2008 :  23:51:25  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roeka,
YOU ARE THE MAN! adding visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid" after the z worked. I got that grey bmp and the black around the white text from the beta version of navngo 8. I just cut and pasted parts from the data.zip file. Oh, and navngo 8 will run on the HP 310. The only problem is that it will only support up to 640x480. It runs in a small window instead of full screen, but at least it runs.

I updated rar file you can download to have the "navigation.eta_at_destination.valid".

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://www.ebay-pictures.com/efm_specter_version.rar

If anyone wants to update their EFM (specter mod). here are the changes (thanks to Roeka).

BEFORE:
;******* GREY SQUARE FOR TIME, ETA...
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=195 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=215 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=235 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=255 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG5 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=275 z=0>
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG6 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=295 z=0>

AFTER:
;******* GREY SQUARE FOR TIME, ETA...
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=195 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG2 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=215 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG3 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=235 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG4 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=255 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG5 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=275 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">
<SPRITE sprNMIDataBG6 bmp="blackstripe.bmp" x=-315 y=295 z=0 visiblemodel="navigation.eta_at_destination.valid">

This will remove the grey square area on the left side of the screen until there is text to display.

Edited by - specter on 04 mai 2008 23:53:36
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  03:31:41  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Confirmed: You can use both the Roeka EFM and the jyqureshi mods at the same time. The only issue is that the jyqureshi mod increases the font sife of the street names and it will also effect the EFM mod. Any ideas how to fix that issue? Otherwise they work perfectly together.

Go to Top of Page

MTurbo

Canada
72 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  04:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
specter, that is very good news that both mods can be used together and I dont mind the slightly larger fonts.

Now to make the update, are you saying what you posted on the previous page all I just need to do is copy the xxx.bmp file and copy and past what you wrote into the two files?

I try and did a search where and counted line 89 but got lost.

Thanks

Garmin 1490T, Yomtom 335s & Ipaq310
Go to Top of Page

specter

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  05:03:40  Show Profile  Visit specter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MTurbo

specter, that is very good news that both mods can be used together and I dont mind the slightly larger fonts.

Now to make the update, are you saying what you posted on the previous page all I just need to do is copy the xxx.bmp file and copy and past what you wrote into the two files?

I try and did a search where and counted line 89 but got lost.

Thanks

I updated the directions in that post so it should be easier to follow. by following those steps it will get you the EFM mod but will not modify the cockpit view. But all you have to do is follow the instructions for the cockpit mod and you will be set.

Let me know if you run into any problems.

Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  05:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I applied transparent mod from jyqureshi. It looks good, but text colors are not changed when it switches between day and night modes. Text stays white always. I double checked all steps but nothing changed. Any idea which section of which xml is responsible?

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page

roeka

Switzerland
22 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  08:55:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ rolfz
Unfortunately I have not been able to find a solution for the speedcam issue. For legal reasons NavNgo has disabled the warnings within Switzerland, and I think this is already laid down in the nav.exe program, and there is very little we can do. There may be a workaround, but I have not found one yet. Also the database you get from pocketnavigation does not contain Swiss speedcam data (look at the countries displayed at the download). So this appears to be a tough issue, and I would be happy myself for suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

Hagar

18 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  10:18:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Denti13 :
If you only installed it on the SDMMC map, you should have no problems.
Probably you must have made some (unwanted) changes in the /ResidentFlash, /windows, or other system maps.
You have to be very careful not to move or copy (accidently) some files or maps with the stylus when you are 'navigating' in the cecmd app.
I suggest you boot in cecmd, connect the iPAQ to the PC and restore the original maps and files to the USB flash drive (if you have a backup).

Greetz,
Hagar
Go to Top of Page

denti13

France
137 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  11:45:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks Hagar,

As i just ran ozi on may SD, haven't done a backup :-(

Any suggestion to solve my issue ?

Using content Manager ?

Using engeneering mode ?

Is it possible to do a backup using activesync explorer ? Have to desactivate conversion mode for copying files ?

I read all the thread before having my ipag (have it for 2 days now).

Denti13
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  12:49:06  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
simply run a forced re-load of the application with content manager.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

jyqureshi

75 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  16:25:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Olequs

I found out recently that when the navigation software automatically switches from day to night colors, the text color is not changed. This "system event" is hidden, not known, or not available at all.

If someone knows about this event code, please do tell.

The code that I provided works on "user event", meaning when the user manually changes the day/night mode.

J
Go to Top of Page

Racer_X

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05 mai 2008 :  16:55:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone in the US been able to get speedcam to work? The icon is allowing me to select it and add a speedcam location with some options (sign type and speed). It will create an icon on the map, but when I drive by them nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05