Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2250

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

podvodoy

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2008 :  13:20:33  Show Profile  Visit podvodoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Sancho and what about Opera? =)

IQ 41

I play bass
Go to Top of Page

ctran

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2008 :  13:26:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sancho1234,
The ResidentFlash drive indicates no space available while running the setup on TRE. That's weird. I have to check this later.

Edited by - ctran on 19 févr. 2008 18:43:44
Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2008 :  20:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@Sancho1234 I have try to install opera, first I installed to \sdmmc, but it does not work, then I follow your instruction and installed to \ResidentFlash, the Opera works very well, and it looks great under 800*480. But after reset, the Opera does not run anymore.

I found several files were installed to \windows and \application date, where the installed files could not survive after reset. How do you fix this problem?
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2008 :  21:11:18  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@noshellwhh:

Opera on HP 310

- change the "\HKLM\System\Explorer\Shell Folders\StartUp" registry key value to "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\WINDOWS\StartUp",
- create the "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\WINDOWS\StartUp" startup folder,
- install the Opera 8.6 for WM to the "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera" dir,
- create a \sys folder to "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys"
- run it,
- quit (Menu / Tools / Exit menu),
- copy the "\Application Data" folder to the "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys\Application Data" folder
- copy the "\Windows\AppMgr" folder to "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys\Application Data" folder,
- copy the "\Windows\Opera Software Opera.unload" file to the "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys\Windows" folder,
- install the MortScript (http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?module=download&action=view&entry=65),
- download this script: http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/opera.mscr (right click and "Save Target As...")
- copy the file to the "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\WINDOWS\StartUp" folder
- press soft reset (and the script auto-copies the necessary folders to the root dir),
- use the Opera!

Unfortunately, the recent cache files get lost on all of them reset. But who this interests? ;-)

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu

Edited by - Sancho1234 on 19 févr. 2008 21:28:49
Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 19 févr. 2008 :  21:30:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rather than automatics copy the files back to \application, I will prefer to copy them manually.
Anyway, thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

podvodoy

Russia
28 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  00:30:18  Show Profile  Visit podvodoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm Unlucky with Russa and Opera - Opera doesn't install at all (from the msi also, from cab it says she's not a WinCE app, from msi it installes but doesn't appear on the ipaq)

Russa at starting shows: Instruction at 0x019c2c04 reads from invalid address 0x22000000 Handler: 0x0001440c

and doesn't start =(

what can I do wrong if I follow Sancho's instructions?

IQ 41

I play bass

Edited by - podvodoy on 20 févr. 2008 00:41:01
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  00:38:34  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you probably have a conflicting DLL in a different location (like \windows)

(and you have a spelling error, too :-) )

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

ctran

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  03:13:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still got the same error on installing TRE. Someone please tell me what I need to do next ? I really need this to install large keyboard because I couldn't use the default keyboard.

When I launched TRE setup, it asked whether I want to install in default application directory. I clicked No. A window came up "select destination media". Default is Main Memory, space required is 147 K, space available is 2007 K. I selected ResidentFlash as Sancho suggested and it turned to space required is 147 K, space available <unavailable>. I even tried with Main Memory selected and still got the same error.

Edited by - ctran on 20 févr. 2008 03:14:30
Go to Top of Page

Olegus

66 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  03:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I copied TRE.arm.cab to the device via ActiveSync and then just double click it in Total commander. It brought a window where it asked for a destination path. I created TRE folder on ResidentalFlash and installed TRE there. No problems at all.

iPAQ 310
Go to Top of Page

ctran

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  05:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Olegus,
Thanks for pointing that out. Got the file transfered. Created a TRE folder in \ResidentFlash. Double click on cab file brought a window with \Program Files as default path. I clicked on up arrow to go back so that I can select TRE folder, the window just went to the background of Total Commander. Double click again, it doesn't work and has to reset.

When I'm in Total Commander, I can't get default keyboard to come up from the bottom right of screen. I had to click on explorer.lnk to bring up the task bar but the Start, keyboard button not activated. I hit the bottom right area, the scroll bar goes down fine. Anyone knows why ?

Edited by - ctran on 20 févr. 2008 05:40:28
Go to Top of Page

lbendlin

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  05:51:17  Show Profile  Visit lbendlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
don't set your taskbar to auto-hide, it is not very easy to pull it back up.

If all else fails, extract the files from the CAB with Winzip and rename the largest file to TRE.exe and copy that to the device.

Lutz
Go to Top of Page

vadimrok

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  14:50:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To Sancho1234

Hello!

What distribution of Opera are you using. The one I downloaded from one madyar website pops up core.dll messagebox and refuses to run.

Thanks in advance

quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

@noshellwhh:

Opera on HP 310

- change the "\HKLM\System\Explorer\Shell Folders\StartUp" registry key value to "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\WINDOWS\StartUp",
- create the "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\WINDOWS\StartUp" startup folder,
- install the Opera 8.6 for WM to the "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera" dir,
- create a \sys folder to "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys"
- run it,
- quit (Menu / Tools / Exit menu),
- copy the "\Application Data" folder to the "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys\Application Data" folder
- copy the "\Windows\AppMgr" folder to "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys\Application Data" folder,
- copy the "\Windows\Opera Software Opera.unload" file to the "\ResidentFlash\Program Files\Opera\sys\Windows" folder,
- install the MortScript (http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?module=download&action=view&entry=65),
- download this script: http://sancho.hu/files/PDAMania/opera.mscr (right click and "Save Target As...")
- copy the file to the "\ResidentFlash\IPAQ\OS\WINDOWS\StartUp" folder
- press soft reset (and the script auto-copies the necessary folders to the root dir),
- use the Opera!

Unfortunately, the recent cache files get lost on all of them reset. But who this interests? ;-)

Edited by - vadimrok on 20 févr. 2008 14:51:20
Go to Top of Page

Francis87

5 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  15:51:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, i was woundering if there is any way to get MioMap 3.3 installed onto the 310.. in tried replacing the main program but i get an error saying no language is installed.. and when i place it in the games directory, it says it cant find the app?? any ideas
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  17:32:00  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ctran
I selected ResidentFlash as Sancho suggested and it turned to space required is 147 K, space available <unavailable>.

Not disturb the "<unavailable>" message! Install to the residentflash!

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 20 févr. 2008 :  17:33:35  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@vadimrok: More core.dll files: http://www.freeweb.hu/izemize/coredll.zip

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 7,92 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05