Google
  Web www.gpspassion.com

GpsPasSion LIVE!
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from GpsPasSion Live !. Make your own badge here.

www.NaviBlog.com

Versions

Links/Liens

Portal/Portail
Rechercher

- -

Polls/Sondages
Sondage
Pour vous guider sur la Route :
GPS Mobile (SEM)
GPS Intégré
Smartphone
Autre
Voter  -  Résultat des votes
Votes : 2203

Club GpsPasSion
Soutenez le site!

USA: (US$)
EUROPE: (€)
Guide Paypal

GpsPasSion Forums
Home | Profile | Register/Enregist. | Active Topics | Search/Recherche | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 English Forums - Hardware
 "All in One" Navigation Systems
 [TOPIC] Customizing the HP iPaq 310
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 244

KH

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 13 févr. 2008 :  21:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. As mentioned elsewhere I've been using PocketPC since the first IPAQ came out so my WinCE is rusty. It would be great to have access to a keyboard without having to reset into WinCE if there is anything along those lines. I was able to run eReader under WinCE - using the keyboard to unlock the book - and by saving/restoring \My Documents\Peanut Press\eReader User Data using CECMD it will continue to work across resets, even allowing new books to be opened without requiring the keyboard.

Sancho1234: Thanks for pointing me in the direction of uBook. I purchased it and it is a very good reader for my unencrypted books from Fictionwise and Baen Books. I like it a lot!
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2008 :  09:50:08  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@sunmitbbs:

Could you send me following files to "va @ 100 . hu"?
Please create a zip or a rar file.

LargeKB.dll
LargeKB.map
LargeKB.pdb
LargeKB.rel

I have not CE simulator .cab.

Thank you!

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

KH

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2008 :  22:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaredr, I tried to create a Games\Taskbar folder and run Taskbar but it complained about not being able to find the taskbar window. Is there another step I am missing?
Go to Top of Page

jaredr

21 Posts

Posted - 14 févr. 2008 :  23:34:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@KH: The taskbar will only work in Oasis if you launch Oasis from WinCE.
Go to Top of Page

SidewinderFW

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2008 :  06:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually Jaredr, if you start Oasis first, then start CECMD and click on /windows/explore.Ink that will activate the WinCE taskbar. Then exit CECMD and you can clik on your Taskbar Icon to view and hide the taskbar. This will also allow you to raise and lower the keyboard while STILL in Oasis. And of course, start other applications you've placed in the start menu (Notepad, Acrobat Reader, OziExplorer, Paint,etc.)

Edited by - SidewinderFW on 15 févr. 2008 06:45:22
Go to Top of Page

Sancho1234

Hungary
254 Posts

Posted - 15 févr. 2008 :  20:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Sancho1234's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@sunmitbbs: Not necessary all four files. Enough this the LargeKB.dll!

The larger keyboard is working: http://www.pdamania.hu/blog/Sancho/10847/

HTC Touch Pro2, HTC Kaiser TyTN II, TomTom Navigator 6, Nav N Go iGO 8.0, GIS Russa, HP iPAQ 316, HP iPAQ H3970, Garmin Nüvi 205, Garmin Oregon 400t, ASUS EeePC 901 XP, Leadtek BT GPS 9537, Motorola F3

blog.sancho.hu | igo.lap.hu | garmin.lap.hu | tmc.lap.hu
Go to Top of Page

swiftbmx

1 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  01:23:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I hate to even do this but after reading all 27 pages, I still really don't know what to do. I even read the other big thread. Where and how do I start? I'm not looking for anyone to hold my hand but just someone to point me in the right direction. I'm good at modding firmware for phones, digi. cameras, computer stuff in general so I'm not a complete noob but this is my first GPS. I just want to maximize this thing as much as possible. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
KB
Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  03:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After adding the key "cyCap" the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE
now I can adjust the the height of the nonclient title bar.
Actually, all the keys could work on ipaq 310.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms929201.aspx

Now I am looking for the key which could adjust the height of taskbar and the size of the Button and Icon. Anyone have some idea about these?

Edited by - noshellwhh on 16 févr. 2008 03:37:19
Go to Top of Page

SidewinderFW

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  03:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
swiftbmx:

Step 1 - buy a 2GB or greater SD memory card. SDHC is supported if you want 8G or 16G.
Step 2 - goto page 22, download donothing.zip, unzip it and copy DoNothing.exe to the SD card, renaming it CELauncher.exe. Next, goto page 21 and download C310Auto.zip, and extract programs/utils/regedit.exe and copy it also to the SD card.
Step 3 - put the SD card into the 310 and reset (push the button on the right side). Upon restart you will be in Windows CE 5.0.

Step 4 - FIRST thing, create a backup copy of /ResidentFlash (about 1.8G) to the SD card (the SD card is mounted to /SDMMC).

Step 5 - Backup the registry using regedit.exe (it's in /SDMMC) to the SD card.

Now you're safe. The files in the /windows directory are in ROM so you can't screw them up, and the other directories contain nothing important.

From here, I'd suggest you goto the control panel (start->settings->control panel) and poke around a little.

Now you are ready to start installing applications (CECMD, TCPMP, Adobe Acrobat, etc). Download those apps to the SD card and install them right from there (if they are in .cab format). Or if the application is a .exe you can install from WindowsXP if you have ActiveSync installed and have modified the USB settings in the 310 control pannel. Instructions can be found on the previous pages.

Most people put apps they want to launch from Oasis in /ResidentFlash/IPAQ/OS/GAMES/whatever/whatever.exe, and put applications (OziExplorerCE, Adobe, Opera, Notepad, etc.) intended to be started while in CE directly in /ResidentFlash.

Edited by - SidewinderFW on 17 févr. 2008 08:33:45
Go to Top of Page

sunmitbbs

4 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  14:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sancho1234

@sunmitbbs: Not necessary all four files. Enough this the LargeKB.dll!

The larger keyboard is working: http://www.pdamania.hu/blog/Sancho/10847/

Thanks! I found it was working with only one dll. But I am not sure whether other files are needed in some cases. Just play safe.
Go to Top of Page

sunmitbbs

4 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  14:16:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noshellwhh

After adding the key "cyCap" the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GWE
now I can adjust the the height of the nonclient title bar.
Actually, all the keys could work on ipaq 310.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms929201.aspx

Now I am looking for the key which could adjust the height of taskbar and the size of the Button and Icon. Anyone have some idea about these?

check here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0057.asp.
Go to Top of Page

lakey

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  15:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys, has anyone else tried to install "memory Map" on to the 314 as having a bit of trouble, coming up as not a valid windows ce application is there any way around this ?
Go to Top of Page

ctran

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  16:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got ipaq 310 a few days ago and beginning to put in some software.

I transfered cecmd.exe and regedit.exe to SD card per SidewinderFW's instructions. I copied all \ResidentFlash\*.* to SD card. By default it has ResidentFlash folder on SD card. I edited to move everything to root folder of SD card and removed ResidentFlash folder. When booting ipaq 310 with SD card, cecmd is running. I clicked on the \SDMMC folder and got Error 3 changing to dir. Also, I can't click on the X to get out of cecmd. The taskbar shown on the bottom but I couldn't get the keyboard to come up. Anyone knows, please help. Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  21:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@sunmitbbs: I have added all the keys there before, but the height of taskbar, the size and spacing of icon, the size of button still could not be changed.
Go to Top of Page

noshellwhh

31 Posts

Posted - 16 févr. 2008 :  21:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
again, is there anyone successfully rotate the screen of ipaq 310? Some Games of PDAmills could "only run under portrait mode".
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 244 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply/Répondre
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
GpsPasSion Forums © 2002-2014_GpsPasSion/Manzanite Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1,02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05